Subject: RFD: sci.med.veterinary
From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Grobe)
Date: 1 Aug 1994 20:30:07 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.aquaria,bionet.general,sci.aquaria,alt.sustainable.agriculture,sci.bio.ethology,alt.agriculture.misc

[This is a reposting of a RFD posted in news.announce.newgroups.]

This is a formal RFD (Request for Discussion) to create a new unmoderated
newsgroup sci.med.veterinary.

sci.med.veterinary discusses all aspects of veterinary medicine, the branch
of medical science that deals with the prevention, cure or alleviation of
diseases and injuries of animals. The group will be useful to veterinarians,
veterinary students and anyone else concerned with animal health.

The group is needed because currently discussion of veterinary medicine is 
spread out among numerous Usenet groups, including sci.agriculture, the 
rec.pets hierarchy and many of the other groups discussing animals as well 
as a number of mailing lists.

Please feel free to repost this RFD to any newsgroup or mailing list I
missed.

Discussion will be held for 21-30 days at which time a CFV (Call for Votes)
will be held, assuming there is significant positive reaction during the
RFD period. To pass the proposal must have 100 more YES votes than NO
votes and two thirds of the votes must be positive. (For more information
see the articles "How to Create a New Usenet Newsgroup" and "Usenet 
Newsgroup Creation Companion", in news.announce.newusers, news.answers, 
news.groups.)

Please direct all discussion to news.groups. Please post discussion rather
than e-mailing to me so that others will be know of your support and/or 
concerns. If you don't have access to news.groups mail your comments to 
[email-masked].
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jonathan Grobe  [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jonathan Grobe  [email-masked]