Subject: job announcemetn
From: [email-masked] (David Katz)
Date: 3 Aug 1994 00:12:24 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

agAccess Information Service is looking for a Research Manager!

This full-time position is for a dedicated agricultural information 
specialist who is familiar with on-line retrieval, a good communicator  
and a creative and proficient time manager.

The job is an opportunity to work on the forefront of information 
technology, to work in a communicative, flexible environment.  

The manager conducts investigations to obtain information for clients and 
coordinates a staff of full and part-time researchers to assist in 
compiling research projects.  Duties include fielding telephone 
inquiries, delineating the specific needs of clients, creating strategies 
for developing the required information, creating project plans and 
schedules, database research, telephone interviewing, on-site 
consultation, analyzing research finding and writing up reports.  

The position requires an in-depth knowledge of agriculture, highly 
developed analytical skills, proficiency with on-line databases.  The 
manager must have excellent communication skills.  Organizational and 
time management skills are a must for the position.  Masters degree in ag 
field preferred.

Salary:  20-26K

Contact:  Send resume, two letters of recommendation and a list of three 
references to Jeffrey Harpain, Managing Director, agAccesss Information 
Service, 603 Fourth Street, Davis, CA  95616.  Fax:  916-756-7188. 
email:  [email-masked]

No phone calls please.