Subject: Ants and Spiders
From: [email-masked] (Rich Hwang)
Date: 6 Aug 94 05:36:00 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

MN>Tom, please don't spray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

MN>There's too much of that sh_t going on already. You and your household  don'
MN>really need the insecticides added to our daily pollution  already.......

MN>We also try to move some we catch outdoors without destroying them as  this
MN>is bad Karma (in our belief system) as all creatures are our  relations and
MN>ancestors. I guess we try to create coexistence  conditions that are
MN>tolerable to both us and them (exceptions in the  house are things that tear
MN>it down i.e. termites).

        Catch & Release, eh?   I like it!  Here's a tip for those
        bumblebees, large spiders, etc. that occasionally blunder into
        the house.  We use a wide-mouthed  glass to trap the critter(s)
        against windows or other smooth, flat surfaces,  Slide stiff
        paper (old Xmas cards, junk mail, etc) between the glass &
        window, trapping it in the glass.   Release outside.   Also a
        great educational exercise for those with little kids around,
        allowing 'em to observe the critters under glass for a while
        while asking endless questions <smile>.

        Marlin, I applaud your efforts.  Kharma.  Yup.

        -Peace-   Chiron

 * SLMR 2.1a * My reality check just bounced.