Subject: Re: Bat houses - natural pest control
From: [email-masked] (Dan Settles)
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 1994 09:45:41 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (AGeo) wrote:

> If you need information about bat houses:
>  
> contact:
> 
> Bat Conservation International
> North American Bat House Research Project
> P.O. Box 162603
> Austin, TX 78716
> 
> (512) 327-9721

I certainly don't mean to knock the use of bat houses, since I think its a
great idea, but do these work for anyone else.  I found plans on how to
build a house several years ago and put up two near my house.  I attached
them about 15 feet high on some large trees and I am still waiting for the
little bug eaters to move into their new homes.  The houses are not in a
real open area, but I thought the little brown bats were used to living in
old rotten trees in the forest, so I didn't think a few trees around would
bother them.  I see a few bats flying around in the evenings, so why don't
they move in?  Any bat experts out there?
Dan Settles