Subject: art seed project?
From: [email-masked] (oliver kellhammer)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 1994 09:48:07 -0800
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

ART  PROJECT INFORMATION WANTED :

Please respond:

we are looking for information on the following items:

1. 	reproductions or written material on an activist art project by either
John 		Heartfield or George Grosz that involved sending seed packages
through the mail 	with anti-nazi  statements inside (to avoid censorship).

2.	information on traditional seed varieties with relevance to permaculture
which are 	regionally connected to Germany.  These seeds are sometimes
referred to as 	ÒHeritage SeedsÓ.

3.	information on seeds which are connected to the sustainable agriculture
of 	immigrant populations in Germany. (i.e. varieties of Turkish tomatoes,
beans, 	eggplant)

We will use this information to produce an art project combining diverse
historical, social, and political elements in a discussion of
agriculturally based techniques for cultural survival in the transnational
global order.

Please contact [email-masked]