Subject: herbal information
From: [email-masked] (David Katz)
Date: 15 Aug 1994 17:30:01 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Dear Sanet Subscribers,

I am looking for any information or resources people may have on growing 
medicinal herbs in the tropics.  At the end of next month I will be 
moving to Nicaragua where I will begin working with a Nicaraguan 
organization to help develop a model organic farm one of who's projects 
is a medicinal herb garden and alternative medicine clinic.  This is a 
project that was developed by the local women in response to decreasing 
access to healthcare and conventional medicines.  They are very 
enthusiastic about the project and seek information on how to make 
tinctures, salves, lotions, herbal capsules etc.  They also seek 
donations of seeds to grow a wider variety of herbs.  

On behalf of the women of Nicaragua, I thank you in advance for any 
information or resources you may provide.

Avery Godfryd
Garden Manager, Cantera

[email-masked]

P.O.Box 64
Davis, CA  95617