Subject: Re: Drylands Permaculture
From: [email-masked] (Tracy Aquilla)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 15:27:53 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

In Article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Dave)
wrote:
...(deleted)...
>Every sympathy with your 'soapboxing' about LA water usage, Craig. I am an
>American living in the UK for many years now and have always been stunned by
>the difference in attitudes between *most* Americans and British people 
>regarding resource consumption generally. Sure a lot of people over here are
>just as bad in taking the view that resources (of any sort) are there to be
>exploited to the maximum, irrespective of others who may be dependant on the
>same resources (animal/wildlife included) but in my (*modest*, inexpert) 
>view Americans really do not care largely about the welfare of the biological
>infrastructure...not so much anyway. Apart from Oregan, I guess, which was
>pioneering conservational issues two decades ago when almost nobody else was
>in the least AWARE, much less bothered.
>-- 
>Dave

Dave,
    Have you ever been to Vermont? I have been all over the US; east, west,
north and south, and nowhere is there more concern for the environment and
natural resources. Vermont is the 'Green'-est state in the USA!
    Tracy in Vermont