Subject: SARE research results documents
From: [email-masked] (Irby)
Date: 17 Aug 1994 12:27:01 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

I believe that the SARE program in the US publishes the results of the
research projects it funds each year.  I am interested in obtaining these
and am not sure how to order them - does anyone here know the process?

  I also wonder how much practical value the results will have for 
someone trying to operate a farm sustainably.  We are currently growing
vegetables for farmer's markets and I'm very interested in the latest
sustainable techiniques that can be applied on a small scale.  Are 
the research results written so that I can understand them and obtain 
useful, practical information from them?? (I have run across research
abstracts on the USDA gopher that don't provide enough detail for me to 
decide how/if the work they are describing could help me - I want the 
real results - not just abstracts).  

  Thanks,
   dave.

-- 
David|IBM IP: [email-masked]|IBM RSCS: BASSMSTR at BULLRUN
Irby |internet: [email-masked]             |Ideas/Opinions are my own.