Subject: Position Announcement - Advocacy
From: Christine Boulware <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Aug 94 08:35 PDT
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT:
 
Executive Director, Food Animal Concerns Trust  (FACT)
 
FACT, a Chicago-based non-profit research and advocacy organization
dedicated to improving the welfare of farm animals and thereby
having a positive impact on food safety, is seeking a new Executive
Director.  Twelve years old, FACT's primary programs include a
demonstration project of a non-factory husbandry system in egg
producation, called Nest Eggs, and a public information program
based on monitoring of medical research on food-borne disease and
drug residues. 
 
Job Description:  Primary responsibilities include overseeing day
to day operations of 5 person staff, working with Board leadership
to develop and refine program activities, cultivating national
legislative and media relations, developing and implementing
budgets, and producing communications materials, including
newsletters and fundraising letters.   
 
Qualifications:  Demonstrated effectiveness in public policy and
media relations, with at least 5 years of experience; at least
three years of management experience; outstanding writing and oral
communication skills; ability to effectively communicate scientific
information to general audiences; graduate degree preferred;
appreciation for animal welfare issues. 
 
Salary range is $45,000 to $55,000. plus excellent benefits.
 
Send resume to David Erickson-Pearson, FACT Search, 175 W. Jackson
Blvd., Suite 639, Chicago, IL  60604 by Sept. 2, 1994, or call 312-
322-0088 for full announcement.