Subject: I NEED HELP

From: [email-masked] (bob)
Date: 18 Nov 1993 06:29:09 GMT

I am the manager of a stockroom/lab facility which is responsible for
servicing the needs (chemical, reagents, and equipment) of a Biology
department in a small university (14 - 16000 students).  The facility I
manage supplies these items for over 80 laboratory class sections per week
with only 3 personnel while at the same time managing a service/checkout
window which is open for 6 hours each day (9:00am 'til 3:00pm). The
department has 20 PHD faculty and several part time MS instructors or TAs.

I seem to have found myself in the middle of a rather large debate with one
faculty member who insists that he/she have unlimited access (a key and
pass code) to the area I manage (which is currently under alarm and houses
well over $1,000,000 worth of inventory) because she/he needs supplies to
do unfunded research at hours other than those when the facility I manage
is open.  The other faculty are either supported by grants or are not
actively involved in research.

     IN AN EFFORT TO SOLVE THIS DILEMMA I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

     I SEEK ONLY DATA.

If you would be so kind....   please answer the following questions and e-
mail them to me directly so I may scientifically support my position.

I WILL USE NO NAMES OR ADDRESS IN MY REPORT, JUST THE DATA I COLLECT FROM

 THE QUESTIONS BELOW!!!

*********************  CUT HERE   *****************************************

With what academic institution are you affiliated?

 _______________________________

Do faculty at your institution have a key or unlimited access to the main

 stockroom/supply/support facility?   __________________________________

***************************************************************************

Thank you for your time and the effort!

[email-masked]

        ////////                             "Adapt, Migrate, or Die" 
       (       )             
        \ @ @ /                               [email-masked]
-------w---U---w----
Bob McNulty, CA. STATE UNIV., CHICO

---

From: [email-masked] (Diane Stothard)
Date: 18 Nov 1993 16:41:26 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked]
 writes:
> _Ohio State University__
> stockroom/supply/support facility?   _____________NO_____________________
>
We have about 15 stock rooms all over our campus and to the best of my 
knowledge, no one has a key to any of them.