Subject: How does the cell deal with over-expression ?

From: [email-masked] (Pascal Hua)
Date: 22 Nov 1993 20:09:53 GMT

Hello,

	I have a second question that I wanted to keep separate form the other one
for clarity purpose :-)).
	How do you think a metabolic pathway handles the over-expression of one of
the enzyme along the way to keep the flux through the pathway constant ?
	Many enzymes have been over-expressed.  The purpose might have been just
enzyme purification, or trying to increase the flux through the pathway. 
Quite often, the flux did not increase, and the conclusion was that a step
ÒbeforeÓ is the rate limiting step (see other post about that).  But what
happens to the substrate(s)/product(s) of this enzyme that has been
over-expressed ?  Are they any experimental evidences of how it is done
inside the cell ?

Pascal Hua                 [email-masked]
Biochemistry & Biophysics
Texas A&M University.

Cross-posted to:
bionet.biology.computational
bionet.cellbiol
bionet.general
bionet.info-theory
bionet.metabolic-reg
bionet.molbio.proteins

---

From: Bill Nowatzke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1993 02:52:51 GMT

It sounds liek you're fishin' for the answer to a homework problem over
the net??