Subject: Golgi-specific antibodies

From: Thorben Lundsgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Dec 1993 12:42:48 -0000

Anybody knows a source of antibodies specific for golgi in plant cells
(monocots)?

Thorben Lundsgaard
Dept. of Plant Biology
Agricultural University
Copenhagen, Denmark
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Martin Snider)
Date: 14 Dec 1993 16:33:20 GMT

> Anybody knows a source of antibodies specific for golgi in plant cells

I don't know of any antibodies specific for monocot Golgi, but I do have an
alternative suggestion--NBD-ceramide.  Richard Pagano at the Carnegie
Institution of Washington developed a staining method using this
fluorescent sphingolipid (Pagano et al., J. Cell Biol. 109, 2067 [1989]). 
NBD-ceramide stains the Golgi in both living and fixed animal cells.  I
don't know if it's been used on plant cells but you might give it a try. 
===================================================================
                           Martin D. Snider
            Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine
  Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106-4935 USA
              Tel: 216-368-5572    Fax: 216-368-4544
===================================================================