Subject: Amino acid production

From: Montecucchi Pier Carlo <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Feb 1994 11:47:57 -0000

Dear Users,

I am looking for a microorganism strain able to produce L-threonine
Thanks in advance for the cooperation.
Pier Carlo

Pier Carlo Montecucchi
E mail 100143, [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 8 Feb 94 18:01:43 GMT

>E mail 100143, [email-masked]

Pier:
I think you must want a strain that OVERPRODUCES the threonine, either due 
to altered feedback regulation or production of copious levels of a
high threonine protein.

otherwise you could use just about anything that grows on a threonine free
media :)

Have you tried the American Type Cultures Collection? ATCC has lots of
bugs which they will send you for a fee.  Their number is
(301) 881-2600
Hope this helps.

Allen

--