Subject: photodiodes
From: [email-masked] (John Cheeseman)
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 15:20:04 -0500
Newsgroups: bionet.photosynthesis

I am looking for a source of appropriate photodiodes to make a micro
quantum sensor.  The smallest I have found so far are about 5 mm from
Hamamatsu.  I would like them to be smaller if possible.  So far, I have
not been able to find out where Walz gets the micro units they use with the
PAM2000, but that is the idea.

I would also be very interested in sources for the electronics and
compensation end... how to make them quantum sensors rather than
radiometers, how to make them cosine corrected, how to improve the flatness
of the wavelength response, if that is necessary.  To whatever degree the
electronics of the LI6200 can be used, I would like to use that

I wish to use these in a leaf chamber that will connect to the LI6200 irga,
and I will use it in the field where temperatures are likely to be higher
than 45C.

Any help you can provide will be sincerely appreciated!

**************************************************************************
John Cheeseman                                 "We haven't the money,
Department of Plant Biology                     so we've got to think."
University of Illinois                          -- Lord Rutherford (1962)
Urbana IL 61801 USA