Subject: Re: Where are the contents?
From: [email-masked] (Jonathan B. Marder)
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 1994 05:49:03 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.photosynthesis

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (R.G. Walters) writes:
>Subject: Where are the contents?
>From: [email-masked] (R.G. Walters)
>Date: 4 Jul 1994 15:46:39 +0100

>Once upon a time, Jonathan Marder produced a very useful, valuable and
>appreciated list of photosynthesis-friendly journal contents.  I have been
>watching out for these journals in bionet.journals.contents, but to no
>avail.

>Anyone know where they are to be found?  I HATE going to the library, only
>to find that there's nothing of immediate relevance. Ýour library is in a
>dark, dank hole reminiscent of the Black Hole of Calcutta.¨

ALL the past tables of contents are archived on the BIOSCI node at
net.bio.net.  One of the easiest ways to search is to use *gopher* (widely
available on networked mainframes and PC's) to contact net.bio.net and to
select the appropriate search item from the menu which appears.

If you have a World-Wide-Client (e.g. NCSA Mosaic) you can also use this
instead (URL is gopher://net.bio.net).

The above options only exist if you have full internet connectivity.  However,
there is also a way of performing searches via e-mail.  Send the command HELP
in email to [email-masked] for details  (if anyone has experience with
this, some brief instructions posted in this newsgroup would be appreciated).

Happy networking!
__
Jonathan B. Marder                 '
Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: [email-masked]
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | /\/ Bitnet:   MARDER@HUJIAGRI
Faculty of Agriculture             |/  \ Phone:    (08 or +9728) 481918