Subject: PSU Size in Maize References
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Jul 1994 17:17:16 +0100
Newsgroups: bionet.photosynthesis

Dear friends:
Jack VanRensen and I are searching information on the size of the
photosynthetic unit in maize leaves and/or thylakoids (well, there
are mesophyll and bundle-sheath thylakoids;I assume most are mesophyll).
We are interested in knowing the number of total and number of "active"
PS II reaction centers to total number of chlorophylls present.
There may be measurements on herbicide-binding sites, number of Qa
molecules, or whatever.If you are aware of any references on maize, please
send them to us.We know the paper of Lin and Whitmarsh on peas 
(published in Plant Physiology).It is a good paper for peas grown at
different light intensities.

WE need this information by July 26 or 27 when I leave Holland.
Hope someone out there can help.Thanks.

Govindjee
[email-masked]
[email-masked]