Subject: Re: chlorophyll extraction
From: [email-masked] ("Sabine Metzger")
Date: 22 Jul 1994 08:46:30 -0700
Newsgroups: bionet.photosynthesis

Mail*Link(r) SMTP               RE>chlorophyll extraction

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Malcolme
Logie) writes:
>Try get the ref of Litchtenthaler, 1987, Chlorophylls and carotenoids:
>Pigments of photosyntheticv biomembranes, Methods in Enzymology, Vol
>148, pg 350-382.

This is not the best.  Porra et al (from a couple of years ago, I forget
where), is now the standard set of equations for chl determinations.

--->
the Porra article is from 1989: Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 975, pp.
384-394
'Determination of accurate extinction coefficients and simultaneous equations
for assaying chlorophylls a and b extracted with four diffrent solvents:
verification of the concentration of chlorphyll standards by atmoic
absorption spectroscopy ' by R.J.Porra, W.A. Thompson and P.E. Kriedemann

I hope that information will help.
Sabine