Subject: Repost: OG FARMING POSITION AVAILABLE

From: [email-masked] (Tom Yelton)
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 21:51:49 GMT

Please pass this on to anyone who might be interested or who might know
someone who might be interested.  Time is short -- our farmer resigned
unexpectedly.  We need a qualified farmer by March 1 or we will have to
cancel our 1995 season.

Suggestions on where to place this ad (mailing lists, newsgroups, ...)
are welcome.  Reply to [email-masked]

-------------------
FARMING POSITION AVAILABLE - IMMEDIATE OPENING

Stearns Organic Farm - Community Supported Agriculture Program - 
Framingham, MA

Stearns Organic Farm CSA Inc. seeks a farmer for the 1995 growing season.  
The 4.75 acre Stearns Organic Farm has been under cultivation using organic 
methods for over 40 years; the land itself is held in trust by Sudbury 
Valley Trustees.  The CSA program is now entering its sixth season, 
enjoying a body of approximately 60 shareholders.  Governance of the CSA 
has undergone major changes over the last year, as it has transitioned to a 
non-profit organization.

The successful candidate will be an individual with:

        o  previous experience in small-scale organic farming;
        o  the ability to work independently yet within the format of a 
              committee structure;
        o  the willingness to work within the land-use requirements of     
              Sudbury Valley Trustees;
        o  sufficient management skills to hire and supervise volunteers; 
              and
        o  a positive demeanor and willingness to embrace the public
              service mission of the organization

The candidate will be employed from February, 1995 through October 31, 1995 
as an independent, self-employed contractor, for a sum of approximately 
$10,000, and will report to the Chair of the Farm Committee, who is a 
member of the board.  The candidate should demonstrate the existence of 
off-season sources of support/income.

For a more comprehensive job description and more information, please call 
Tom Yelton, Farm Committee at (617) 661-1840 or (508) 443-5138.
email [email-masked]
-- 
----------
Tom Yelton	[email-masked]