Subject: Farming for the Future: Partners in Stewardship Conference

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 21:19:52 -0500

Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 16:40:04 -0500
From: Suzanne Cady <[email-masked]>
Subject: sustainable agriculture conference
-

Farming for the Future: Partners in Stewardship 
-----------------------------------------------

Farming for the Future: Partners in Stewardship is a conference to discuss
concerns and create options for sustaining agriculture in our communities.
Join us for a lively discussion of critical issues facing agriculture
today.  Work with and learn from farmers, extension agents, community
leaders, agricultural business representatives, public agencies and
environmentalists.

The conference will be held on Wed. Feb. 22 and Thurs. Feb. 23 at the
Sheraton University Inn & Conference Center in Syracuse New York.
Workshops will deal with current controversies in agriculture today such as
the impact of dairy farming on water quality, how sustainable agriculture
affects farm labor, and public concerns about food safety.  Other workshops
will discuss new sustainable agriculture policies, community land use
planning, and management techniques for cash grain, dairy, fruit &
vegetable and ornamental industries.

Support for this conference was provided by the Northeast Region
Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program.  Co-sponsors
include Cornell Univ. Cooperative Extension, Agway, Cornell Farming
Alternatives Program, NY Chapter of Northeast Organic Farmers Asociation,
and the Natural Resources Conservation Service.

Registration is $85 for both days and includes a banquet dinner with the
keynote address by Greg Watson of the Nature Conservancy.  Single day
registrations are $55 for Wed. and $35 for Thurs..  A limited number of
reduced registrations are available.  To register, contact Pam Kline, 144
Emerson Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853.  Telephone
607-255-2177.  Fax: 607-255-6143.  E-mail: [email-masked]