Subject: BIODOME

From: sarah weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 20:48:39 -0500

I am a Sophomore student assigned to create a survival city for
500 people in the year 2041.  Your help on this project would be so
greatly appreciated. 
         The world's fossil fuels are compleley gone, over-use of
inorganic fertilizers has caused the collapse of agricultural soil, and
millions of urban dwellers have succumbed to the toxic fumes in the city
air.
        Now, man must live within protective domed cities in order to
survive.  There is no safe water to breath or water to drink outside the
dome.  If we are to survive we must be able to exist within a
closed-system complex.
        My classmates and myself are commissioned to design and
construct such a habitat.  Money is not a factor.
        My personal responsibility  is food manufacturing possibilities
(eighther natural or artificially grown).
        Any information on crop yeilds, crop rotation, or farming
techniques would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.  Any of your opinions or ideas
would be especially valued.
        Thank you for your time.

                                                Sincerely,
                                        
                                                Sarah Weisberg