Subject: TURN 5$ INTO 50,000$$$

From: MAKE SOME CASH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 22:48:39 -0400

Hello everyone,
 
 I used to think this was a huge joke until I tried it - the "turn $5
 into $50,000" idea.  But after awhile I started to realize "This
 either works or it's a complete scam - but I intend to find out."
 
 Guess what?  It works! In only three weeks, I've received $1827!!   I
 don't know anyone who couldn't use a extra $1800 do you?  And there is
 certainly lots more to come for me - up to $55,000!!!
 
 What about you?  You can do it with only $5 and 5 postage stamps
 (that's only $6.60 in the USA - hardly what I call a risky investment
 when you consider the rewards).  Everyone who tries this will make
 much, much more than that, so what have you got to loose?  $5.00 plus
 postage?  Big Deal!
 
 Hopefully you can see that this really does work and you'll read on.
 
 Follow this simple, perfectly legal 3 step procedure and you can't go
 wrong;
 
 =====================================================
 First Step -  Type or write your name and address on 5 separate pieces
 of paper with the words "PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST". Fold a
 $1 bill or money order in each of the pieces of paper, place them in 5
 envelopes and mail one to each of the following five addresses:

 1- Robert Knowlton
    PO Box 924
    Concord, NH 03302-0924
 
 2- JCL
    1313 Wake Forest Dr. #125
    Davis, CA 95616
 
 3- RFP
    9594 1st Ave, NE, #423
    Seattle, WA   98115
 
 4- JJC
    1770 Glenmore Ave
    East Meadow NY 11554

 5- Mike 
    2785 Péribonka
    Duvernay, Laval
    Québec, Canada
    H7E 1B7			

  Second Step - Now remove the 1st name on the list, move the other 4
 names up (5 becomes 4, 4 becomes 3 etc.) and put your name and address
 as number 5 on the list.  You can do this by re-typing this article or
 simply editing it in a word processor.
 
 Third Step - Now Post your adjusted article to at least 200 Usenet
 news groups (there are over 20,000 of them).
 
 That's it!  You are now in the Mail Order Investment Business and you
 will start receiving $1 returns by mail within a week or two. The more
 newsgroups you post to, the bigger your return will be.  You may even
 want to rent a P O Box to handle the volume of mail you're likely to
 receive.
 
 If you wish to remain anonymous, you can use a pseudonym such as "The
 Manager" or "The Investor", but make sure your snail mail address is
 correct!
 
 How does this work?
 
 Of every 200 postings I made, I received an average of 5 replies for
 $5.  Ok that may not seem like much but read on....
 
 Each person who sent you $1 also makes - let's say, only 200
 additional postings WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 4, i.e. 1000 postings.
 
 On average therefore, 50 people will send you $1 with your name at
 number 4. You make $50.
 
 Your 50 new agents make 200 posting each WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 3 or
 10,000 postings - average return 500 at $1 each is $500. They make 200
 postings each WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 2 = 100 000 postings = 5 000
 returns at $1 each = $5 000.
 
 Finally, 5,000 people make 200 postings each WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER
 1 and you get a return of $50,000 before you name drops off the list.
 AND THAT'S IF EVERYONE DOWN THE LINE ONLY MAKES 200 POSTINGS! Total
 income in one cycle = $55,500.
 
 And when you drop off the list - simply start over!
 
 Remember, this only costs Five dollars, 5 postage stamps and some
 online time.  So what are you waiting for?
 
 You may be thinking "This has been around a while - What happens if
 the scheme is 'played out" and no one sends me any money"?
 
 Big deal! So you lose $5 - but with hundreds of thousands of new
 people joining the internet every day thats hardly likely to happen.
 
 Remember, follow the instructions and play fair - send those 5
 one-dollar bills. Belive me I tried to not send 5 $ and add my name on 
 the list and tough that I would recive the same amout but I didn't 
 I recived only 6$ after 2 weeks and after that I didn't recive anything 
 I know that even I write this you'll try anyway not sending that 5$
belive 
 me it won't work thats why I'm writing you this message. Even me I'm 
 all over again but now I'll send that 5$. (this process is based on
honesty 
 not on cheating on the initial investment).  Perhaps we'll meet on the
beach
 in Hawaii. That is what my $1827 is going towards (I'll have to think
about 
 what  to do with the rest of the $$$$ that is coming my way!)