Subject: Re: Looking for Female Nursery Partner

From: [email-masked] (Polar)
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 1996 17:51:59 GMT

On Tue, 28 May 1996 19:41:52 GMT, [email-masked] (audior1)
wrote:

>Start-up Native \old Varieties farm\Nursery near Smith Mountain Lake
>Va. looking for a healthy, fit, outdoors oriented female 18-35 , not
>afraid of hard work, as partner in a Nursery, land and stock paid for,
>need partner willing to work and help build the operation from the
>ground up. Can supply new house on the farm. 
>Single Dad w/2 little partners needs help. LTR possible but
>hardworking business partner is first goal.
>Horticultural/landscaping/farming degree/experience is a plus. 
>Lake Farm Nursery Bedford,  VA.  540-586-4168

Why are you specifying that particular age range?  Are you assuming a
"healthy, fit, outdoors-oriented female" over 35  could not function
in the context you describe?   This, plus your self-description as
"single Dad" could lead one to believe you are looking for something
more than a business partner.

Polar

---

From: [email-masked] (Shanna Phillips)
Date: 04 Jun 1996 15:53:39 GMT

> more than a business partner.

Actually, I think that WAS the intent...  The original message said
"LTR possible..." which I believe means "Leads To Romance".  So, he's
looking for a business partner that may turn into a life partner.

My interpretation...
shanna

---

From: [email-masked] (audior1)
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 00:45:26 GMT

>> >Lake Farm Nursery Bedford,  VA.  540-586-4168
To clarify: LTR means Long term relationship as a business partner as
well as a possibility as a soulmate if we clicked in the Nursery/
working partner business. I'm more intersted in a Horiticultural
partner first then maybe ? 
Age under 35 more related to health, vigor, attitude and likelyhood of
finding a person with dreams as opposed to being burned out or wanting
to retire. I wouldn't rule out an older person male or female, but I
find that to relate to a lot of people a male/female team does better
than a solo effort. I am aoffering a separate 6 year old house and I
live 30 miles away so it's not a situation that I expect more than a
working partner until I know them better. I donot want a year or two
type of partnership as that is self-defeating and I've had experience
with that and it doesn't work. I think in 5-10 year plans and that's
what I'd like to find in a partner. I'm leaving my farm for family
business for a couple of years so I'd like to find a person that can
step into my shoes and run things on their own with a minimum of
oversight .
Of course would want to interview a talk a lot before committing my
investment into someone elses hands.

---

From: [email-masked] (audior1)
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 1996 02:44:39 GMT

>Lake Farm Nursery Bedford,  VA.  540-586-4168
 A follow up as a way to illustrate what I'm doing daily and what I
would expect a working partner to do.
Today I spent the early moring hours separating Lilac clumps that came
>from  the site of an 1840 gardensite. After separating, root and top
cutting set them out in a predug trench. Will be ready to sell in 3-5
years. I've planted over 2000 of these in the last 2 months in White
and Purple. late morning I joined an employee in laying out the
foundation for a new garage/equiptment shop 28x44 2 story with living
quarters overhead. I spent the rest of the day digging post holes for
this building alternated with checking on the pumping of the
foundation of the dam we started last week and got flooded in a
thunderstorm. This dam will supply irragation water as well as be the
site for a water garden growing facility. Our next shipment of Liners
is due next week an order of 500 shrubs in 2" pots. I plowed and
tilled a spot for them over the weekend. These will take 5-7 years to
be ready to sell as mature in the ground ready to dig shrubs.

I spend part of every evening working with Landesign a CAD landscaping
program setting up the overall Nursey site plan  and doing a little
Net surfing too. :-)  So there is a typical day. Oh forgot to mention
that I paused a number of times to marvel at three different
thunderstorms that paraded by in the lowlands below my land and in
front of the Blue Ridge Mountains to the West of me , and gave a
spectacular display of heavy weather passing by within a mile but not
wetting us but with a slight sprinkle. Also enjoying the spring
Wildflowers as I walked from different work areas. In the evening also
went to to the local library in the County seat pop 4000 with my sons
to look for books on Nurseries.

---

From: [email-masked] (audior1)
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 1996 00:17:38 GMT

>Lake Farm Nursery Bedford,  VA.  540-586-4168

Still looking. Will be interviewing between now and July first.
Housing available July 10.

---

From: [email-masked] (audior1)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 23:47:24 GMT