Subject: Re: peach tree question

From: [email-masked] (Almond)
Date: 28 Jul 1995 02:32:34 -0400

Generally, fumigation with Methyl Bromide is critical if there are any
nematodes present.  Backhoeing the planting site at a depth and width of
six feet is also very important.  Here in the Central Valley of California
when a peach tree is planted in January/February (dormant season), the
tree will be six feet tall by June/July.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 26 Jul 1995 08:25:09 GMT

A friend of mine is soon going to be preparing a field which has been left wild
for the last 6 years.  She plans to plant small peach trees. Is fumigation 
neccessary?  What preparation is rquired?

                                        Any good advice appreciated
                                      JW

---

From: [email-masked] (ABSORBU)
Date: 3 Aug 1995 15:53:55 -0400

Should use a superabsorbent as a soil amendment when transplanting.

Results based upon hundreds of thousands of fruit tree plantings, and
BILLIONS of forestry seedlings.

---

From: [email-masked] (ABSORBU)
Date: 3 Aug 1995 16:04:36 -0400

We have good news for you about using a superabsorbent when planting.

Here in Florida I visited groves this year that planted trees 30 months
ago and picked 3/4 box of fruit this year!!!!!!!!!

If you are a commercial farmer the company will talk to you at
800-227-6728

Regards

Jim Quinn