Subject: How to stamp out M*M*F* spam

From: [email-masked] (Larry Caldwell)
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 09:27:40 -0700

It's time to get revenge, friends.  You can stop the endlessly crossposted 
chain letter schemes, and have a little fun while you do it.  

In order to participate, these people have to post their mailing address.
OK, mail them something.  Preferably something bulky and disgusting that
they'll have to pay to dispose of.  Imagine the post office delivering
5,000 boxes of turds to one of these people.  Makes you smile, doesn't
it?

If you're not into scatology, mail something like your kitchen scraps.
You can send 1 ounce for 32 cents.  If 5,000 people send even one
ounce, that's over 300 lbs of mail to dispose of, plus many hours of
opening mail just because one of those envelopes just *might* have
money in them.  With really good response, we might get 100,000 people
to send them mail.  That would be  about 3 tons of trash they'd have
to dispose of.

Oh, be sure to not include your return address.  Even if they refuse
delivery, the post office may actually take note of the fact that chain
letters are a federal felony and throw them in jail.

Please make this the chain letter to end all chain letters.  Copy and
crosspost it to every newsgroup.  No, that is not spam, because this is
on topic for every newsgroup that finds itself disrupted by the constant
Make Money Fast schemes.  The usenet community can purge itself of this 
blight, but it's going to take common action.

-- Larry

And, here are the first Mail-a-Turd WINNERS:

In article <[email-masked]>,
Han Wu <[email-masked]> wrote:
 
> This message came down to me from a newsgroup I subscribe to.  I
> decided to take the "risk" and go for it.  The only "risk" involved is a
> total
> investment of $6.85.  This includes five ($1 bills) dollars, five US first
> class

[deletia]

> 1. 	Patrick Bryce Box 2462, Lloydminster, SK, Canada, S9V 1W5   
> 
> 2. 	Eric Cook  8640 SE Causey Ave #D-201 Portland, OR 97266
> 
> 3. 	Bryan Mudge, 301 Buchanan, Taft, Ca 93268
> 
> 4.  Alejandro Benitez, Segunda Avenida # 500-4,  Res San Jeronimo,
> Monterrey, NL 64635, México.
> 
> 5.      Han W. , 330NW 23rd St., Corvallis, OR 97330, USA

---

From: "Bill Bonde" <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Sep 1996 18:50:03 GMT

Larry Caldwell <[email-masked]> wrote in article
<[email-masked]>...
> And, here are the first Mail-a-Turd WINNERS:
Yuk. Is this really something that you are doing? It just seems so very
vile to mail your bile to a bozo with a smile who must dig through the pile
to find a few bucks that just might be in there.