Subject: BEWARE OF DAKCO PC INC.

From: [email-masked] (Tuck L. Goh)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 96 07:57:36 GMT

As a computer reseller and a computer technician I strongly agree with you.  
The Tech and Customer support is the worst of a kind I have ever encountered. 
	
	The first bad incident I had with them was a price disagreement.  Over 
a telephone conversation we had an agreement over a price quote ship via COD 
method.  They requested me to send 20% of the grand-total of the lot so it can 
cover the s&h charges and as a down-payment of the lot.  So I wired them 20% 
of the grand total.  
	
	After 2 weeks the lot arrived.  The balance of the lot cost 15% more 
than the agreed amount.  I thought it might only be a small mistake which they 
made.  I then called them to inform them about the price discrepancy over the 
agreed amount.  They told me that the person in charge of my account was away, 
they promised to call me back the next day.  

	After 5 days, not a single soul over DAKCO would have the guts to pick 
up the phone and call their customer, me.  So I called, not one but a DOZEN 
times to get on hold to someone who I can talk to about the matter.  They 
denied everything which they have confirmed with me over the telephone 
conversation we had.  They said I do not have any written confirmation of the 
quoted price.  I thought I can trust them, I am definitely wrong.  

	I learn my lesson in a hard way,  never deal with a CROOK like DAKCO 
PC (or any company which you do not know them that well) without a CLEARLY 
written confirmation of just about anything you request.  No written 
confirmation, NO DEAL!

	The second bad-incident with DAKCO PC is about a refund.  After 
getting a confirmation code for return goods (RMA#) I mailed my package in for 
a cash refund.  I am then write them an e-mail telling them the returned good 
is on its way there.  

	After 6 WEEKS I wrote the e-mail I did not receive any reply from 
DAKCO PC,  I was so afraid that they go bankruptcy before I get my money back, 
so I called them again!  

	After 6 WEEKS of WAITING, 3 E-MAIL CORRESPONDENCES and 8 PHONE CALLS 
they FINALLY going to give me my refund.  I instructed them to use part of my 
credit of the refund for an order of a modem and send back the rest of the 
credit to me.  Well, to my surprise the modem arrived safely 5 days later BUT 
NOT the rest of the money!!!  It is now more than 8 (EIGHT) WEEKS of waiting 
for the refund which still hasn’t yet arrived to my mailbox.  I called them 
and inquire about it.  They never, ever call me back.

	Furthermore, the people over DAKCO PC are rude or uneducated.  They do 
not understand manners.  They do not treat their customer like a customer or 
even human.  From the scale of 0 to 10 for overall customer satisfaction,  I 
would say they are in the 0.000(a definite zero).

Sincerely,

Tuck L. Goh

       ============
      ||          ||
      ||    Go    ||          Tuck L Goh
      || Sooners! ||          CBA Micro Computer Lab Technician
      ||          ||          Cella and Associates System Analyst/
       ============           Programmer(intern)
	  ======              Tel: (405) 325-8651
      --------------               (405) 325-2844 (office)
     |         ____ |
     |              |         email:  [email-masked]
      --------------                  [email-masked]
    __________________                [email-masked]
   //                \\               [email-masked]
  //__________________\\