Subject: Re: leaf curl in peaches

From: [email-masked] (Mark Dames)
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 09:45:42 GMT

The best and only way to treat leaf curl is by preventitive means in
the early spring. Pre bloom copper sprays are essential. There is a
product called MIZAR which when applied twice at ten day intervals
once pre bud burst and then just after bud break should prevent leaf
curl development. Also BRAVO applied just on pink will give some
controll as well as some brown rot controll. This product is expensive
(in New Zealand ) and is not best suited for leaf curl prevention. The
most traditional controll is frequent applications of a copper
substance ie Bordoex, Copperoxychloride, Kocide or the like pre bud
break and at regular intervals through to pink or early bloom.
If you have leaf curl and your season is now past bloom (ie in full
leaf ) then you are stuck with the problem. You cannot spray that one
away.
I hop this is of some help to you. If you requrire any other
information on fruit growing email me at
[email-masked]

regards Markd

---

From: John Lobingier <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 May 1996 05:12:17 GMT

Thank you VERY much for the help!

John