Subject: Re: IMPORTANT - Please read!!!!

From: "Tony Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Sep 1996 01:14:54 GMT

I don't believe!

CS Microlab User <[email-masked]> wrote in article
<[email-masked]>...
> 
>   I saw an article in an internet newsgroup telling me I could
>   make $50,000 within a month for an investment of only $5.
> 
>   I thought it  was a huge joke. I spoke  to my wife, attorney
>   and friends about  it, and they all agreed it  was some kind
>   of scam. I  can't stand scams, because  usually someone gets
>   burned, and I didn't want it to be me. Of course, I rejected
>   the idea at  first. after a short period of  about two weeks
>   ,I thought  : "I have already  heard of such things.  But on
>   the Internet ?!?!? ". I decided  that even if I had to throw
>   5$ into the fire, I wouldn't  mind it that much, and gave it
>   a try .After all I needed a LOT more than five dollars.
> 
> 
>   Two weeks  later, I began  receiving money in  the mail!   I
>   could not believe it! Soon, hundreds,  and then thousands of
>   dollars began to  roll in. Within 4 weeks, I  had received a
>   total of $32,445!  It came from everywhere in  the world. My
>   bank account has changed its "-"  into a big "+" (++++)!!!,I
>   bought myself a car and things I wanted for a long long time
>   for my wife and kids!
> 
> 
>   If you follow the three steps  below, there is no reason why
>   the  same shouldn't  happen  to you!  This  is a  legitimate
>   investment  opportunity. You  invest $5,  and you  receive a
>   return on  your investment. So  does the next  investor. NOT
>   ILLEGAL, NOT A CHAIN LETTER- PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE.
> 
>   If  you  are not  interested,  then  don't participate,  but
>   please print this article and pass  it on to someone who may
>   be interested, so they can take advantage.
> 
>   The procedure is simple: 1) Write your name and address on 5
>   sheets of paper.   Below that, write the  words, "Please add
>   me to  your mailing  list." Fold  $1 note  or bank  draft or
>   money order  in each  piece of  paper and  mail them  to the
>   following 5 addresses.:
> 
> 
>  
>   
> 
>     
>   1. Olivier Arcadipane
>       237 rue Francois Andre
>       7390 Quaregnon       BELGIUM
> 
>   2. Raymond Perez
>      325 Carothers
>      2501 Whitis Avenue
>      Austin, Texas USA 78705-9011		
> 
>   3. David Söderlund
>      Skogsbacken 12
>      S-172 41 Sundbyberg, Sweden
>     
>   4. Josef Malzer,
>      Brandhof 1
>      4701 Bad Schallerbach
>      EUROPE - AUSTRIA
> 
>   5. Marcello Carvalho
>      58 Phillips Hall
>      East Lansing, MI      USA
>  
>   2) Now remove the top name from the list, and move the other
>   four names up. In other words,  #5 becomes #4 and so on. Put
>   your name as the  fifth one on the list.   Use a simple text
>   editor such as  Notepad,  in your   "accessories" window (If
>   you have  MS-Windows),or DOS  editor.   In fact,  any editor
>   will do.
> 
>   3) Post  the article to at  least 200 newsgroups.  There are
>   17,000, so  it shouldn't  be hard  to find  that many.   Try
>   posting to as  many  newsgroups as you can,   and the bigger
>   the newsgroup is,  the more  people are to see your message!
> 
>   You  are now  in  the mail  order  investment business,  and
>   should start seeing returns within a week or two. Of course,
>   the more newsgroups you post to, the greater your return is.
>   If you  wish to remain anonymous,  you may use  a psuedonym,
>   call yourself  "The Manager", "The Boss",  whatever but make
>   sure your address is correct.
> 
>   Now, here is why the system works:
> 
>   -Of every  200 posts  I made, I  received 5  responses. Yes,
>   only 5. You make $5 for every 200 posts with your name at #5.
> 
>   -Each person who  sent you $1 now also  makes 200 additional
>   postings with your name at #4. ie. 1000 postings. On average
>   therefore, 50 people will send you  $1 with your name at #4.
>   $50.
> 
>   -Your 50 new agents make 200 postings each with your name at
>   #3 or  10,000 postings.  Average return  500 people  = $500.
>   They make  200 postings  each with  your name  at #2=100,000
>   postings=5000 return at $1 each=$5000.
> 
>   -Finally, 5,000 people  make 200 postings with  your name at
>   #1 and  you get a return  of $50,000 before your  name drops
>   off the list. AND THATS IF  EVERYONE DOWN THE LINE MAKES 200
>   POSTINGS! Total income in one cycle=$55,000.
> 
>   From time to  time, when you see your name  no longer on the
>   list,  you  take the  latest  posting  that appears  in  the
>   newsgroups, and  send out another $5,  and put your  name at
>   #5, and start posting again. Remember,  200 postings is only
>   a guideline. the more you post, the greater the return.
> 
>   Lets review why you should do this. THE ONLY COST IS $5, AND
>   5 STAMPS, AND 5 ENVELOPES.  Anyone can afford $5 for such an
>   effortless investment with such SPECTACULAR RETURNS.
> 
>   Some people have said to me,  "what happens if the scheme is
>   played out and no one sends me any money?  "Big Deal, so you
>   lose $5-but what are the chances of that happening ?? Do you
>   Realize that  NOBODY cares for  the LEGAL chance  of winning
>   such  a BIG  money as  50,000.00  $$$$ ????  and  all for  a
>   microscopic investment of five  separate dollars? just think
>   of all  of the new  Internet users that  join the  net every
>   day!!!
> 
>   There are  millions of internet  users, and millions  of new
>   net surfers every  month !!!  This is the  great plus of the
>   Internet,  people all over the world can hear you and listen
>   carefully if you  talk reasonably.  Everyone  will take that
>   chance !  I agree,  If  it wasn't the  Internet,  and  was a
>   small circle  of people,  the chance  wouldn't have  been so
>   small.  the amount of money had to be 200 times bigger,  and
>   the chances were zero.  It wouldn't succeed.
> 
>   But here, on the Internet, it is a giant village,  where new
>   thousands of members join in every day ! you CAN'T lose !!!!
> 
>   Remember- read the instructions  carefully, and play fairly.
>   That's the  only way this will  work. Get a printout  so you
>   can refer back to this article easily.
> 
>   Try to  keep a  list of  everyone that  sends you  money and
>   always keep an eye on the  postings to make sure everyone is
>   playing fairly. You know where your name should be.
> 
>   REMEMBER-HONESTY IS  THE BEST  POLICY.  YOU  DO NOT  NEED TO
>   CHEAT THIS  IDEA TO  MAKE MONEY!!   BESIDES,NOT  PLAYING THE
>   GAME  FAIRLY  IS ILLEGAL.SO  LET'S  BE  REASONABLE AND  PLAY
>   FAIRLY,SO WE CAN ALL ENJOY THE INTERNET GOLD MINE.
> 
>   GOOD LUCK  FOR YOU ALL, And  remember, play fair  and you'll
>   win,  I don't want to mention what might happen to those who
>   won't.   AND  AGAIN,SEE  YOU NEXT  TIME  WITH SOMETHING  YOU
>   WANTED FOR A LONG TIME !!!
> 
> 
>  
> 
>