Subject: Re: Request for apple varieties list + others

From: [email-masked] (Rick Harrison)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 06:34:21 GMT

You can find a list of tangerine varieties at ftp.std.com, in
directory /customers/periodicals/lingua/harrison.
 
There are a few people who make a hobby of collecting apple
varieties; perhaps you will hear from some of them.

---

From: [email-masked] (Shel Talmy)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 21:16:34 GMT

Can anybody direct me to an on-line list of apple varieties, s
during a recent discussion, I was told there at least a thousand
varieties in North America.  As I can name perhaps two dozen
if stretched, I'd like to know something about the vast variety
of others, and where to purchase them if in fact they are grown.

And as long as I'm making a request, the above applies to lists
of varieties of other fruits and vegetables like potatoes, plums
etc.  Thanks for your help.

---

From: [email-masked] (Lightning Bolt)
Date: 18 Oct 1994 13:00:35 GMT

> etc.  Thanks for your help.

What you need to do is join NAFAX. North American Fruit Explorers, its
only 12 -15$ per yr. I do not have time to copy type all there info in.
Dick

-- 
W1DGA