Subject: Re: new manure or old ?

From: [email-masked] (BRateaver)
Date: 15 Mar 1996 06:36:42 -0500

Sufficient heat and proper making of compost heat will avoid grubs or any
other such, and also kill weeds. Heat should be not above 140 F if you
want the best.

If you want to know about compost, look here on internet for J. McNelly,
the real super duper current expert: POB 7444, St. Cloud, Minn 56302, or
ph 612-253-6255/  

Of course he has e-mail, but I did not copy it down, You can find him,
keep looking on internet

B. Rateaver

---

From: [email-masked] (ERoseR)
Date: 20 Mar 1996 17:24:37 -0500

We have horses, and  a large garden, so I have been able to experiement
with new and old manure.  I recommend letting it compost.  The new can
burn out delicate plants.  Also, the new manure contains undigested seeds
>from  the horse feed that will come up as weeds in your garden.  Have
patience and compost, is my advice.  [email-masked]