Subject: Re: passion fruit cultivation

From: [email-masked] (rodney george)
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 1995 00:47:14 GMT

[email-masked] (Mark Price) wrote:

>does anyone know if and where passion fruit is cultivated in the United 
>states? any info is appreciated! thanks!

any where that it does not get below 60 degrees  F.
Houston ,  southern florida  and lower califorina

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Whitaker)
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 95 09:44:52 PST

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
says...
>states? any info is appreciated! thanks!

I know that there is some small-scale cultivation in the San Diego, CA 
area. Also Hawaii (where it is known as lilikoi) produces some passion 
fruit commercially. I imagine that there is some cultivation in the 
south-east (florida) as well.

					-RSW

---

From: Byron Vance <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Oct 1995 07:43:59 GMT

There are several plantations in Hawaii

---

From: [email-masked] (Eric Schroll)
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 1995 00:43:24 GMT

>>states? any info is appreciated! thanks!

Here in S. FLA we grow both the purple and the yellow varieties.  You
could either contact the Dade County Agricultural Extension Agency,
Brooks and Sons, the Tropical Fruit Growers of South Fla or the Rare
Fruit Council Int'l for further information. he first three are in
Homestead, FL while the other is in Miami.

---

From: [email-masked] (MCNichols)
Date: 7 Oct 1995 14:41:23 -0400

How about Puerto Rico or Guam?  Both tropical and both part of US. 

Mary