Subject: Bush Cherries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 14:45:42 GMT

I have 8 Nanking Bush Cherries that should bear their first crop this year.  
Are they good tasting cherries, do they bear heavy, and if anyone has any 
experience in growing them, I would like to hear.  I had never heard of bush 
cherries, but found these at a bargain, and thought why not?  I am new to 
growing fruits, and have dwarf apples, peaches, cherries, grapes, and rhubarb 
that will all produce for the first time.  I might just be a farmer before 
it's over with.  Any advise appreciated on any of the above, or 
reccomendations for other things to grow that are relatively easy.

---

From: [email-masked] (elburkey)
Date: 28 Jan 1996 03:27:50 GMT

>reccomendations for other things to grow that are relatively easy.
Have never heard of bush cherries with the Nanking name.  Where are you
 located?   Check the tropical fruit books in the Eugenia family:

Surinam cherry, Rumberry, Grumichama, pitomba

Sems like a good place to start.

elburkey