Subject: farm crime

From: [email-masked] (Craig Pearson)
Date: 1 Apr 1996 21:24:34 GMT

Hello,

My name is Craig Pearson. I'm a reporter for the Windsor Star newspaper 
in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

The paper is writing a major story on farm crime, which is not documented 
very well at all.

I'm wondering if anybody has any stories of farm crime -- from livestock 
mutilation and tractor theft to poaching and chemical dumping -- that may 
flesh out the article.

I'm also interested in any comments people may have on the topic of farm 
crime or in any references I may check.

If you'd like, include your name and snailmail address and the paper will 
send you a copy of the article if your contribution is used.

Thanks so much,

Craig Pearson

---

From: "M. Counides" <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Apr 1996 16:33:00 -0700

>send you a copy of the article if your contribution is used.

Do I understand you correctly? You are writng a major article  for a 
newspaper and do not have evidence of a problem so you are asking us to 
give you unverified cases to support your hyped up story? This surely is a 
case of journalism at its worst.

Naomi Counides
Associated Beefalo of Idaho