Subject: FREE! T-1 connection and other computer stuff!!!

From: [email-masked] (Surf)
Date: 3 Oct 1995 15:45:38 GMT

Well, it wasn't *quite* free... it cost me $1.50.

And it cost the people you made to call the no. more than twice what 
you got paid for you T1.

OK, so maybe this is a little off topic, but I was so damn stunned when I
tried this that I figured I had to share it with folks in the groups I
hang out in.

Like most of you, I have a lot of clip art and other picture files on my
hard drive -- so many images from Usenet, in fact, that I really needed to
get both a good T1 connection and a massive hard drive to manage it all.

Yeah, right -- like I had any money to do that!

Anyway, a guy I trust turned me onto a company called InterLink and told
me to call them at 011-24-831-3131 (it's a Canadian number and the toll
charge isn't much). The call has a fee of $1.50, which irked me at
first... until he explained how InterLink works.

A recording gives you instructions on what to to. When asked to enter the
account number of the person who gave you this number, enter 511451 --
that's my account number, and it's how I got my new T1 connection and 1GB
hard drive.

Let met explain. The recording will give you your own account number, then
it'll record your name and address. Here's where it gets VERY cool!

For every call made to this number, InterLink receives $1.50... 50 cents
goes to the account number you type in (in the case of your call, to me).
Of course, now that you've got YOUR OWN account number, you'll want to
have people call and type in YOUR account number -- get out there and
publicize this incredible system with YOUR account number, and start
making money!

It gets better. You get 50 cents for everyone who calls and types in your
account number, but when they get people to type in THEIR account number
you get 25 cents of that as well, PLUS 25 cents off everyone THEY get to
call.

Here's the math: If you get 100 people to call (damned easy to do), then
you get $50 dollars. If they each get 100 people to call, then you get
$2,500. If THEY each get 100 people to call then you get $250,000.

Honestly, folks... I have never done a chain letter in my life. I don't
buy lottery tickets. I WOULD NEVER HAVE TRIED THIS IF A FRIEND HADN'T
SUGGESTED IT. But it works. I've made enough to get my coveted T1 internet
connection, my 1GB hard drive and a LOT of other cool stuff in just a few
weeks.

If you're over 18, try it -- hell, it's only $1.50 and it's absolutely the
best investment you'll ever make. The number is open 24 hours a day, so do
it now. Hope you make as much as I am!