Subject: Re: ancient china fruit

From: [email-masked] (DJackeNHD)
Date: 15 Mar 1996 21:51:37 -0500

On Mon, 04 Mar 1996 , Michael Crauderueff ([email-masked])
Message-ID: <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hello friends,
>I am doing a project at school on fruit farming in ancient China, during
>the Shang dynasty.  It's been really hard to find information on that
topic
>and I thought I'd ask you since your specialty is farming and fruit.
>If you can help, please help me with the following questions:
>What fruits were raised?
>Why were they raised?  Food? Medicine? 
>Who raised them?
>How much fruit was harvested?
>Do today's fruit crop seem similar to those of long ago?  How do they
>differ?

The only reference I know of that might have anything on the subject is
the book "Farmers of Forty Centuries".  Kind of  a long shot, but maybe
worth a try.

Dave Jacke
DJackeNHD@ aol.com