Subject: Re: Dwarf Fruit Trees and keeping deer away

From: [email-masked] (BRateaver)
Date: 19 Apr 1996 05:03:33 -0400

I wrote a reply, did you not get it? I think I said I had several pages in
the Organic Method Primer UPDATE book on this. There is always one more
method being told about somewhere, but for sure, to protect a whole
garden, the one certain way is to put up a fence 10 feet, yest 10 ft high.
Even 8 ft may not be enough.

But you could check library for this book and read the pages on this. If
library doesn't have the book, You, as a Library Patron, have the right to
demand that the library buy it. I know, I went thru library school. People
just have to be insistent on what they want, for altho librarians moan
about no money, they do find the money for what they want, so it is your
turn to say what YOU want. You pay taxes for the trash they order as well.

B. Rateaver

---

From: [email-masked] (Shanna Phillips)
Date: 01 May 1996 17:32:30 GMT

> Even 8 ft may not be enough.

Apparently you can use a shorter fence if you put it at an angle (50 degrees
>from  the ground). I guess the deer don't mind jumping *high* fences, but if
they look *wide* too, they won't jump.

I got this tip off of a gardening calendar, so I have no idea where the 
information originally came from. It may be worth looking into.

for what it's worth,
shanna