Subject: New web site for NRSP-5

From: [email-masked] (Gaylord Mink)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 22:05:30 GMT

Anyone interested in lists of the virus diseases that infect deciduous fruit 
trees and in the development of fruit tree clones that are free of detectable 
 graft-transmissible agents should visit the following web site:   
http://tricity.wsu.edu/~gmink/nrsphome.html

This site describes the mission and goals of the National Research Support 
Project No. 5 (NRSP-5), formerly known as Interregional Project-2 (IR-2).  The 
project develops deciduous fruit tree clones that are free of detectable 
viruses, viroids, phytoplasma and other, as yet, unidentified 
graft-transmissible pathogens. These elite clones are then distributed, upon 
request, to researchers, regulatory agencies, and horticulture industries 
nationwide and around the world. The NRSP-5/IR-2 project also provides plant 
introduction, heat therapy, and virus testing services to fruit tree 
researchers, state and federal regulatory agencies, and to various components 
of the deciduous fruit tree industry worldwide. NRSP-5 is supported, in part, 
by the US Department of Agriculture Cooperative State Research, Education, and 
Extension Service; by Washington State University College of Agriculture and 
Home Ecomonics; and by service fees. 

Any questions should be directed to [email-masked]