Subject: school fundraising

From: [email-masked] (Paul Lefebvre)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 19:28:04 GMT

**We apologize if this post is inappropriate to this newsgroup**

The following is a fundraising plea on behalf of The Northbrae
Community School in London, Ontario Canada.  Please take a moment to
read it and try to help our school if you are able to..

  The Northbrae Community School is a registered charitable
organization comprised of volunteers who are committed to providing a
caring educational and recreational environment to children and adults
in an economically restricted area of Northeast London.

   After 26 years of providing this much-needed and widely-used
family-based  service to our neighborhood children and parents, our
Community School has found itself in a financial predicament such that
we may be forced to close our doors to the community unless we find
outside funding.

   Due to budget restraints, the various government agencies which
used to fund us have had to cease all funding.  Being a charitable
organization, we have no financial reserves.

   Despite our best efforts at cut-backs including class size
restrictions and program cancellations, and reducing our sponsoring of
area sports teams, we do not see how we will be able to operate after
this current session.  We now find it necessary to make a general plea
for financial assistance to the public.

   We are asking groups and individuals to donate money  to help our
school remain open and continue to service our area.  Any amount,
small or large, will be greatly appreciated and will be put to
immediate use.  An official receipt for income tax purposes will be
given for all money donated.  Donors' namess will be posted  in a
special area of our school so everyone will be aware of their
generosity.  Please send your donation to:

The Northbrae Community School
335 Belfield Street
London, Ontario Canada N5Y 2P1

Please make checks payable to The Northbrae Community School

   If you wish to review our funding proposal and other related
materials, please email us with your postal address and we will
forward the material.  If you have any immediate questions, please
email us or call us at:  (519)667-1465

Thank you for your support and generosity.

(signed)  Paul Lefebvre, Supervisor
for The Northbrae Community School

Charitable Registration # 068-3888-21-17
Provincial Patent # 573856