Subject: Re: Should I feed my dwarf orange tree now?

From: mrubin@gallium (Mark Rubin)
Date: 22 Feb 1996 06:04:17 GMT

Ken ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Hi,

: I've got two dwarf orange trees that are starting to put out new
: leaves and buds.  Some of the tiny leaves are falling off.  I dont
: know if it is being caused by the steady rain we're getting in the
: S.F. area.

: Should I start feeding the oranges now to get deep green leaves?

: Thanks,
: Ken

My book says start in Feb.  It also says don't feed after Sept.  You don't
want to make late new growth that can be damaged by frost.

Mark Rubin

--
This is a test of the signature file.  Had this been a real sigature file,
it would contain cute graphics and a catchy phrase.  This is only a test...

---

From: [email-masked] (DGholston)
Date: 22 Feb 1996 01:17:25 -0500

Yes, now is the time to begin fertilizing your citrus.  Use a
citrus/avocado fertilizer at the rate suggested on the container.

Don Gholston
California Rare Fruit Growers
see our home page at http://www.crfg.org/