Subject: A Missing Child

From: Global Missing Children's Directory <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 14:48:30 -0700

Please take just a minute of your busy day to read this important page 
now or print it to read later!

We don’t consider this junk mail, but if you do, we respect that 100%. 
Just reply to this letter with the message "remove" and you will not hear 
>from  us again by e-mail. Our only purpose is to help reunite children 
with their parents and loved ones and your help is needed.  Thank you.

EVERY 18 SECONDS a child in the United States disappears. The Department 
of Justice released a study indicating that there are as many as 1.8 
million children reported missing each year. I know this is hard to 
believe. But it is the sad truth. We hear a lot about missing children on 
TV news and other shows but the actual size of the problem is often over 
looked. The law enforcement agencies of our country are overwhelmed with 
cases.

Ordinary people like yourself actually provide most of the "leads & tips" 
that help the police and search agencies locate our missing and exploited 
children. You have probably seen some type of a missing child poster in 
one or more of your local stores or post office, or even by mail to your 
home. These types of posters and mailings do work, but the old standard 
of printing and mailings are very expensive thus reduces the number of 
missing children who get exposure.

So how can we increase the number of missing children who will get the 
critical public exposure? 

The popularity and everyday use of the Internet by so many (65+ million 
users and growing) is proving to be the logical "new" media to use by 
placing our Missing Child Posters for all to see. A web site with a 
searchable data base of missing children with the child’s picture and 
pertinent information is a very very cost efficient way to reach millions 
of people with this information. The GLOBAL MISSING CHILDREN’S DIRECTORY 
(G.M.C.D. for short) is, with God’s blessing meeting this need.

The GLOBAL MISSING CHILDREN’S DIRECTORY located at 
(http://www.infohwy.com/community/mcd), is a well built, and easy to use 
database of these precious missing children. It is a free public service 
feature accessible to all who have a need or interest in the information. 
This database is not restricted to any one group or agency and does not 
require a fee or pass word to use. As a no profit organization, GMCD’s 
website is carried by all the major search engines at no cost to us. You 
are encouraged to visit this web site and look around and try out the 
"search" features. You can also register a missing child here. The shear 
number of people who now have easy access to this information is very 
exciting.

You will notice at the top of each Missing Child’s Page is a "Sponsor’s 
Name", these are the generous businesses, churches, organizations and 
individuals who’s participation in the sponsorship program has made it 
possible to keep the missing child’s picture & information up on the 
Internet. By "clicking" on the sponsor’s name you are taken instantly to 
a special sponsor page that allows the sponsoring business, individual or 
group to tell you about their company or group (or hyperlink to your 
website). We would love to have you as a sponsor.

For more information about these missing and exploited children or how to 
become a sponsor yourself contact me in any of the following ways for a 
prompt response:

Write to:	    G.M.C.D.   P.O. Box 1455   Montgomery, Texas 77356
e-mail:		[email-masked]
e-mail:		[email-masked]
Fax/Tel:	(409) 449-5976

Thank you,       Eddie Branson/Regional Director