Subject: Re: French isn't the first one (fwd)

From: Kyle Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Oct 1995 19:55:12 -0700

> On 7 Oct 1995, jonathan rumble wrote:
 
 I wrote:
 when everyone here is stupidly shouting out to block French government's
 nuclear tests, have they thought about how the usa government gained the
technology to build the nucler weapons which it certainly has the biggest
 nuclear weapons in the world. 
  
 The nuclear weapons aren't something that can be tested in just a tiny lab.
 French scienctist need places to gain the crucial data of the nuclear weapons.
 and it is fair for them to go aboard, because they don't have any useful land
 that in their own country to test. 
  
 I just want to remind everyone that don't be fooled by the simple fact, just
 remember that no matter how the French scientists do, they still won't produce
 enough nuclear weapons usa has. 
  
 So it is just a matter of time, the usa government has already done so, so it
 doesn't want others to do it. They want to block the French's nuclear test, it
 is not for the peace. because in that way, french won't be able to gain the
 technology that can balance the only world super power. 
  
 So if you can think this way, you can analysis for yourself that if you have
 been fooled by someone else or were just angered by what the Frenchmen are
 going to do?

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > You're exactly right and exactly wrong.  Yes, the US did extensively
> > test nuclear weapons during the Cold War.  But, it is precisely for
> > this reason that the French should not test their nuclear weapons. 
 
   So you mean that it is ok for the us government to have the high tech 
 of building nuclear weapons, and at the same time, it is ok for the 
 government to block other countries to gain the technology? don't you 
 think that you are fooled? The government doesn't like the French to test 
 its nuclear weapons because it wants to have the monopoly on the 
 nuclear weapons technology, so that it can dominate. 
   it is ok for people to go against the Frech government, but as long as 
 there is a war possiblity, it should be ok for others to know how to 
 build the nuclear weapons.
 
> We now know that it was wrong for the Americans to have tested and for
>  the French to test in the face of that is, well, completely
>  wrong.  So please don't defend something that has been proven to be
>  wrong..
 
   monoploy is not good at all. if you can bomb other countries when can't 
 they defend for themselves? yea, you can block the French goods, but they 
 still will do it. it is simply not right for you to have the ability to 
 bomd them, when they can't even defend for themselves. the world needs 
 the balance, but not the extreme.