Subject: Earn$$$$$

From: Gavin Guppy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 17:50:29 -0800

O.K., I'll play.  This sounds like a fun way to make a few dollars, and
if the method lives up to the reported reputation, maybe a few more than
a few.  The most I stand to lose is $5.00 plus the cost of 5 stamps.....
so read on:

First, print a copy of this article so you don't lose any information. 
Now follow these 3 easy steps:

Step 1: Get 5 seperate pieces of paper and write the following on each
sheet of paper..."PLEASE PLACE MY NAME OR YOUR MAILING LIST. YOU ARE
NUMBER 4." Get 5 $1.00 bills and place ONE inside each piece of paper
that you have written on, and fold each paper so the bill will be
concealed.  We wouldn't want to contribute to mail theft, would we ?
Place in envelope and seal. What we are doing is perfectly legal - we
are creating a mailing list.  Mail the 5 emvelopes to the following:

	1.	D.E. Hamiot
		488 12 th. Ave.,
		San Francisco, CA
		94118
	
	2.	James Sibbet
		12215 Greenleaf Ave.,
		Potomac, MD

	3. 	Alex Hu Chen
		339 4th Ave. #3
		San Francisco, CA
		94118

	4. 	Keith McCutchen
		183 4th Ave.NW,
		Hutchinson, MN
		55350

	5. 	J.G. Guppy
		Box 555, 
		Tofino, B.C.
		V0R 2Z0

Step 2: Now take name number 1. off the list, move the other 4 names up
one and add your name as #5.

Step 3:  Post this article, amended if you like, with your name at #5 to
at least 200 
Newsgroups (There are around 18,000 or them but you only need around
200)

HOW TO DO THIS:  If you have Netscape 3.0 do EXACTLY the following:

1. Click on any newsgroup like normal, Then click on 'TO NEWS', which is
on the far left when you're in the newsgroup page.  This will bring up a
box to type a message in.
2. Leave the newsgroup box as it is, but change the subject box to
something eye-catching, like 'NEED CASH$$$$$$$READ HERE' etc. 
3. Tab once and you should be ready to type or copy and paste the
article from the text program.  Now, retype (only once) or copy and
paste(cntrl-c to copy + ctrl-v to paste each time) this WHOLE ARTICLE,
word for word, except to insert your name at #5, and to remove #1 off
the list, plus any other small changes you need to make.  Keep almost
all of it the same.
4. When you're done typing the WHOLE article, click on FILE in THIS BOX,
right above send, NOT where it says netscape news on the first box. 
Click on SAVE AS when you're under FILE. Save your article as a text
file to your C: or A: drive. DO NOT SEND OR POST YOUR ARTICLE UNTIL YOU
HAVE SAVED IT. Once saved, move on to number 5 below:
5.If you still have all of your text, send or post to this newsgroup now
by simply clicking send, which is right below FILE, and right above the
Cc: button.

6. Here's where you're going to post all 200.... OK, click on any
newsgroup then click on "TO NEWS", again(in the top left hand corner of
your netscape navigator. Leaves the newsgroup box alone again, put your:
eye-catching title in the SUBJECT BOX, hit TAB once you're in the body
of the message, then click on ATTACHMENT, which is below the Subject
box.  You will get another box to come up. Click on ATTACH FILE, then
find YOUR FILE THAT YOU HAVE SAVED; click once on this file, and then
click OPEN. Now click on OK. If you did this right, you should see your
file name in the attachments box, and it will be shade green.

IF YOU USE IE EXPLORER, IT'S JUST AS EASY:  Holding down the left mouse
button, highlight this article. Then print this article for your records
to have the names of those you will be sending the $1 bills to. Next, go
to the news groups and press "POST AN ARTICLE". A window will open. Type
in your headline in the subject area and then click in the large window
below. If you want to edit the article, do so and then highlight and
copy it again. Now everytime you post the article to a new newsgroup all
you have to repeat is "CTRL" and "V" and press post. 

7. That's it ! Each time you do this, all you have to do is type in a
different newsgroup, so that way it posts to 200 different newsgroups.
You see ? Now you only have 199 to go. (Don't worry it only takes about
30 seconds, once you get used to it). Remember, 200 is the minimum.  The
more you post to, the more likely to get replys with money.