Subject: Re: White Peaches

From: [email-masked] (Sunset Beach Girl)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 17:19:30 GMT

[email-masked] (Nick) wrote:

>
>Does anyone know where white peaches come from?
>
>
>-Nick
>

I would think from white peach trees!  ;>

---

From: "Raffi Kojian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 21:54:23 -0700

> Does anyone know where white peaches come from?

I don't know where they originate, but I had some in Armenia and they 
are truly delicious.  Too bad they don't have 'em in my supermarket.

n_w$$h

---

From: Sam Brungardt <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Jul 1996 17:52:37 GMT

The genetics that govern the color of peach flesh allow for two 
possibilities, yellow flesh or white flesh.  White-fleshed peaches come 
>from  cultivars that produce white-fleshed fruit.  The same is true for 
nectarines.   Some readily available peach cultivars that produce 
white-fleshed fruit are Polly, Champion, and Stark Earliwhite Giant.  A 
lot of nursery catalogs list white-fleshed peaches.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 3 Jul 1996 20:12:42 GMT

>are truly delicious.  Too bad they don't have 'em in my supermarket.

My supermarket DID have them; that's why I want to know how to sprout the
pits! I did finally manage to open one -- migod, those shells are THICK! --
and have it sitting in a pot of damp Perlite.

Naturally, the supermarket didn't have any NAME on the peaches, but they were
easily the most aromatic peach I have ever found.

--Dian