Subject: coffee tree propagation in the home (NYC)

From: Kroin/Hortus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 20:34:43 -0700

What are the cultural requirements for coffee tree as a potted house
plant. They seem to be a bit water sensitive, should they dry out
between watering. Also are they winter dormant with leaf or without? I
understand that they should be minimum watered in the winter and start
to water in Feb-Mar then they will bloom.

Our tree got a bit mixed up. We bought it in hot FL in July. We brought
it to NYC. It immediately went crazy sending out lots of leaf. The new
and old leaf now seem to spot easy and fall off after watering(???) or
is this normal? It seems to be a bit pot bound but I think not to cut it
back until the dormant season.

regards
Joel 
-- 
  ******************  Hortus USA Corp. ***************** 
   PO Box 1956 Old Chelsea Station, New York NY 10113 USA
          Rhizopon AA Dry Powders & Tablets for Solutions
                Plant Growth Regulator-Rooting Hormones
  ****************  [email-masked]  **************

-- 
  ******************  Hortus USA Corp. ***************** 
   PO Box 1956 Old Chelsea Station, New York NY 10113 USA
          Rhizopon AA Dry Powders & Tablets for Solutions
                Plant Growth Regulator-Rooting Hormones
  ****************  [email-masked]  **************