Subject: new fungicide??????

From: [email-masked] (Gama584604)
Date: 12 Oct 1996 15:05:12 -0400

What is your opinion about this company?

CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Oct. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- IGG International, Inc. (OTC-BB:
IGGI) and its subsidiary, Agricultural Glycosystems, Inc., today announced
the results of a recently completed independent field test conducted on
the Company's lead agricultural compound, Elexa.  Elexa demonstrated
excellent efficacy in preventing fungal attack on treated grape vines in a
commercial California vineyard.  Elexa is a naturally-derived carbohydrate
compound that has shown in previously announced greenhouse studies a
unique ability to defend a wide range of crops from attack by many types
of fungi. 

In this most recent study on grapes, conducted under EPA Good Laboratory
Practice Standards, one third of the grape vines were treated with a 0.1%
concentration of Elexa, one third of the grape vines were treated with a
commercial chemical fungicide frequently used to protect grapes from
fungal attack; and one third of the grape vines remained untreated.  After
treatment, about 10.4% of the untreated grape vines showed Botrytis
infection, a serious fungal disease, compared to only 1.6% of the grape
vines treated with Elexa. About 2.5% of the grape vines treated with the
commercial chemical fungicide were infected with Botrytis. 

Elexa provided excellent control of fungal disease when applied to crops
at the very low concentration of 0.1 percent.  This low concentration
combined with the relatively low manufacturing cost of the compound will
make this product cost competitive with chemically produced fungicides
presently on the market. 

"Elexa has very low toxicity and minimal impact on the environment,"
stated David Platt, Chairman and CEO of IGG International.  "This study
demonstrated that Elexa can provide a level of protection against fungal
infestation equal to the protection provided by a commonly used commercial
chemical fungicide.  We are currently conducting additional field tests on
tomatoes, potatoes, rice and other vegetable crops to confirm Elexa's
efficacy and broad spectrum of activity." 

Agricultural Glycosystems, Inc. is the wholly-owned subsidiary of IGG
International, Inc. focused on developing and commercializing carbohydrate
compounds, derived from naturally occurring substances, that have
demonstrated an ability to improve plant resistance to fungal infection. 

IGG International, Inc. is a biotechnology company focused on developing
complex carbohydrate compounds, derived from naturally occurring
substances, for pharmaceutical and agricultural applications.  IGGI has
two wholly-owned operating subsidiaries:  International Gene Group, Inc.
and Agricultural Glycosystems, Inc.