Subject: Northwest sweet cherries

From: [email-masked] (C. Clark)
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 01:59:34 GMT

Can anyone tell me from observation when the main crop of 
sweet cherries will be ripe in Washington & Oregon, and how
do they look this year?  We always get a lot of them & freeze
them for winter desserts.  I'm concerned because the strawberry
crop here in central PA was dismal this year (we go to a pick-
your-own near here) because of cold rainy weather, and I don't
know what the late frosts did to the peaches.

   Carolyn Clark

---

From: [email-masked] (Craig Ferguson)
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 17:54:22 GMT

>   Carolyn Clark

They're presently harvesting cherries in the WA's Yakima Valley.  The
crop is smaller this year due to some winter cold damage, but the
quality is MAAVALOUS!!

I heard there was virtually no crop in CA and I'm not sure about the
status of the OR crop.
Craig A. Ferguson 
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Sambo)
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 11:40:15 -0500

> know what the late frosts did to the peaches.

A lot of cherries are ripe now.  My neihbor's cherry is loaded w/ dark red
sweet yummy ripe fruits.  I'm in Seattle, BTW

Sambo