Subject: Re: Avocados

From: [email-masked] (Information Technology)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 13:59:48 -0700

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (Information Technology) wrote:

>  I love avocados. However, the best avocados I've ever had are in Mexico.
> Arizona has some good ones, but I wonder why they are so expensive. Would
> you have an answer?
>  My e-mail is [email-masked]

Hi Maxasu!
   I think that one of the problems is that avocados are not produced in
the USA. Mexico has the right wheather and a lot of field devoted to the
production of avocados, this is why they are so good there!
   Good luck!

Elba Villasenor

---

From: "Patty C" <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Dec 1996 00:50:03 GMT

> production of avocados, this is why they are so good there!
Actually there are a lot of avocados producted here in Florida. They did
get hit hard when Hurricane Andrew came through. We also have a ton of
mango trees in this state. The above two fruit are mostly produced in South
Florida. You know where are avocados and mangos in the supermarkets here in
Florida come from? Yep - Mexico. Somehow it's cheaper to get them from
Mexico then walk them up to the nearest grocery store.