Subject: Looking for fruit plants

From: [email-masked] (Megpie)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 04:52:08 GMT

Can you please tell me where I can get plants to grow raspberries and 
strawberries.Will they grow in Chicago?

---

From: [email-masked] (Joe St Sauver)
Date: 12 Jul 1995 06:04:40 GMT

>strawberries.Will they grow in Chicago?

Raspberries and strawberries are extremely forgiving and should have 
no problem growing in Chicago.

While local nurseries can often provide advice about proven varieties
that are particularly well adapted to your area, if you want to try a 
mail order outfit you might want to consider:

   Northwoods Retail Nursery
   27635 S Oglesby Road
   Canby Oregon 97013
   503-266-5432

These are good guys and they produce a great catalog (60+ pps including
color -- I'd encourage you to enclose a couple of bucks to help defray
their cost of publication and mailing).

In their '95 catalog they offered eight types of raspberries, ten types
of blackberries, currants, gooseberries, huckleberries, serviceberries,
chokeberries, elderberries, lignonberries, cranberries, blueberries,
strawberries, etc.

I've got a "mild" case of berry fever (I've "only" got blackberries, 
raspberries, tayberries, currants, blueberries, strawberries, etc...), but 
this catalog could make my berry habbit *serious*. :-;

Regards and good luck with your berry patch,

Joe St Sauver ([email-masked])

Disclaimer: no association with Northwoods (or Raintree Nursery, their
Washington State operation) except as a satisfied customer.