Subject: hundreds of government reports on fruit and pomaculture! really!

From: Michael Ravnitzky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 23:11:23 -0600

At a government agency called DTIC: Defense Technical Information 
Center, there are a large number of govt technical reports on almost 
any subject under the sun, including pomaculture and agricultural 
topics.

NOTE:  Don¹t use the DTIC web site--in a nutshell, it¹s worthless and 
omits most of the reports in their collection.  Send a letter--you¹ll 
get much better results.

You'll have to select your own keyword(s) for the exact subjects 
you¹re interested in.  I suggest you select about a dozen keywords or 
less.  Please select your keywords carefully and include plural(s).

The fee is likely to be free or only a few bucks.  You probably want 
to include a statement in the letter such as ³I agree to pay 
reasonable fees associated with this request.²,  so that they won't 
delay the processing of the request.

To get your bibliography (list) of technical reports,  send a letter 
of request as follows:

To:      Defense Technical Information Center
            Attn:  DTIC-RSM (Kelly D. Akers, FOIA Manager)
            8725 John J. Kingman Road, Suite 0944
            Fort Belvoir, VA  22060-6128  USA
                     Phone:  703-767-9194

Dear Ms. Akers:

I request the following records under the provisions of the Freedom of 
Information Act:

A computer generated technical report bibliography (all computerized 
years) of reports on the subject(s)/keyword(s) of:

________________  OR   _________________  OR  ________________  OR 

 _______________   OR   _________________  OR   _______________

This is a request for DTIC records, please don't forward my request to 
NTIS.  Please include both classified and unclassified records in your 
search.  If any of the records are classified, please review them for 
release, or the release of nonsensitive portions.

I fall into the fee category "all other requesters" because I am an 
individual, noncommercial requester and this request is not being made 
for commercial purposes.  [OR YOU MIGHT INSTEAD SAY THAT YOU ARE A 
COMMERCIAL REQUESTER, OR AN EDUCATIONAL OR SCIENTIFIC INSTITUTION, OR 
A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE MEDIA]  I also agree to pay up to $35 for 
reasonable fees associated with this purpose.

Sincerely,        ______________

Good Luck, and let me know how you like the resulting bibliography of 
reports.

Michael Ravnitzky
[email-masked]