Subject: Position: CA Ag Economic Analyst

From: [email-masked] (Search4Um)
Date: 21 May 1995 12:50:06 -0400

0-3 years of experience

Major agribusiness entity located in California's San Joaquin Valley seeks
motivated production economist to analyze various on-farm issues relating
to
the production of various crops. Analysis of both experimental and
production
data will be required to assist management in the selection of appropriate
production techniques. A strong background in statistics is required,
including hypothesis testing, regression analysis and experimental design.
Proficiency with computers is important.

The position is full-time in nature with a somewhat flexible starting
date.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and skill
level.

Please send your resume, with a copy of academic records and references,
to:

Larry V. Combs, Esq.

805.831.1839 FAX
[email-masked]
 
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION

Dept. Name:       Research & Development

PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:

To analyze farming related production and research data in order to
increase yields, maximize returns, reduce costs, and coordinate research
activities.

TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:

Assist in the design, set up, and analysis of all production research.
Collect research data from various sources, analyze and generate reports,
and
aid with presentation of results. Coordinate research activities.

Assist with analysis of ranch acquisition and profitability.

Design, execute, and present crop estimates for company, outside growers,
and state.

Develop production functions for crops based on input from managers.

Analyze crop harvest reports.

Analyze factors affecting crop reject percentages.

Assist with economic and political aspects of water supply.

KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:

B.S. or M.S. degree required in Statistics, Economics, Agricultural
Economics, Business Administration, or Agricultural Business.

Must be proficient with spreadsheet programs. Good working knowledge of
WordPerfect or Word.

The essential requirements of this position include, but are not limited
to, the following: Strong verbal and written communication skills;
self-motivation; strong analytical and reconciliation ability; effective
trouble-shooting ability; flexibility.

Analytical skills and aptitude.

SUPERVISION:

Immediate Supervisor: Resource Planning Manager

Please send your resume, with a copy of academic records and references,
to:

Larry V Combs, Esq.

805.831.1839 FAX
[email-masked]