Subject: I don't know why but this group sure get the junk mail

From: sal schettino <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 Oct 1995 21:07:09 GMT

I like this group because I love fruit trees and like reading about growing them but 
boy this group sure get the junk mail.  Make money fast stfuff and all kinds of adds 
 about everything but fruit. I wounder why!

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Owens)
Date: 5 Oct 1995 09:42:31 -0700

In article <[email-masked]>, sal  schettino <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I like this group because I love fruit trees and like reading about
> growing them but boy this group sure get the junk mail.  Make money
> fast stfuff and all kinds of adds about everything but fruit.
> I wounder why!

Hi Sal,  Yes, I am also puzzled why so little interest in fruit.
We are preparing our orchards for winter here.  Cleaning up the
weeds around trees and protecting the trunks of kiwi's and other
plants.  The fruit trees did not produce much this year because of
late frosts preventing fruit set.  A few of the trees did not survive
the frost, so we are planning to plant some of the new disease
resistant apples in their place.  Next year we are hoping for
a warm dry spring (We also believe in Santa Claus and the tooth
fairy <grin>).

Anyone who live in a wet zone 5-6 might be interested our experiences
with no spray apple growing.  So far it looks like Liberty, Williams
Pride, Prima, Hudsons Golden Gem, and Akane did the best.  Most of the
apple problems were caused by cool damp weather, but these apples did
fairly well.

Jeff
-- 
[email-masked]  Public Access User --- Not affiliated with TECHbooks
Public Access UNIX and Internet at (503) 220-1016 (2400-14400, N81)