Subject: Re: New method of minimal application of fungicides against apple scab, Ventu...

From: [email-masked] (Jon Boy384)
Date: 31 Aug 1995 21:45:31 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, "Svetlana Samoilenko"
<[email-masked]> writes:

>  RUSSIA, 396030, Voronezh region, Post Ramon, All- Russian Research
>Institute of Plant Protection, d.14/10, tel.(074340) 52039;21504; fax
21596
>Kolesova D.A., Chmir P.G.
>
>    Kolesova D.A., Chmir P.G. New method of minimal application of
>fungicides against apple scab, Venturia inaequalis (Cke.)
>
>    A suggested method is important to assist growers in better timing
>sprays and in making optimal use of existing fungicides. T

Don't leave me hanging here Svetlana. I would like to know more about what
indicator you are using but the meat of your post looks like this:

    þÍÙÒØ ð.ç.,ëÏÌÅÓÏ×Á ä.á. íÅÔÏÄ ÍÉÎÉÍÁÌØÎÏÇÏ ÐÒÉÍÅÎÅÎÉÑ ÆÕÎÇÉÃÉÄÏ× ÐÒÏ-
ÔÉ× ÐÁÒÛÉ ÑÂÌÏÎÉ, Venturia inaequalis (Cke.)
    òÏÓÓÉÑ, ÷ÏÒÏÎÅÖÓËÁÑ ÏÂÌÁÓÔØ, òÁÍÏÎØ, ÷ÓÅÒÏÓÓÉÊÓËÉÊ ÎÁÕÞÎÏ-ÉÓÓÓÌÅÄÏ×Á-
ÔÅÌØÓËÉÊ ÉÎÓÔÉÔÕÔ ÚÁÝÉÔÙ ÒÁÓÔÅÎÉÊ, Ä.14/10, ÔÅÌ. (074340) 52039;21504,
fax 21596

Are you using a Russian keyboard ? Is it UUEncoded? PGP?  Why is part of
your post legible and part not?

Our orchard is in Connecticut(Southern New England), U.S.A.. For the past
8 years we have been using a modified hygrothermograph in conjunction with
a modified Mills chart to determine the length of infection periods, and
predict the likelyhood of infection. The advent of the Sterol inhibiting
fungicides has allowed us to wait up to 96 hrs after infection and still
get control. Most seasons we don't need to start spraying for Scab until
after Tight Cluster, and this year (1995) no fungicide applications were
necessary until early Pink. That translates into 3 - 4 fungicide
applications during primary season. We get good enough control using this
program that no further fungicide applications are necessary for Scab
control.

I would be interested in corresponding with you regarding your technique,
but you need to resolve the problem with the legibility of your posts.

Regards, 
Jonathan Bishop - Fruit Grower