Subject: Re: Peach leaf curl

From: [email-masked] (Richard Cline)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 10:48:18 -0800

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Richard
Dibon-Smith) wrote:

> Has anyone any experience dealing with peach leaf curl? It's killing one of 
> my favourite trees.
> 
> r.dibon-smith
> toronto, canada
> An astronomy web page: http://www.rose.com/~richard

Peach leaf curl certainly looks ugly but it rarely kills a tree.  The
subsequent leaves which come out will probably look better.  The primary
control for the disease is spraying when the tree is in the dormant
stage.  The books say that the tree should be sprayed in the fall and
again in the spring using a sulpher or copper based spray.  

The books make it sound like a couple spray jobs and the problem is
solved.  ----Not really true. My trees continue to have curl even after we
spray.  I believe that there is also a need for the tree to be healthy. 

Dick

____________________________________________
[email-masked]
"My words mean exactly what I choose them to mean."  Humpty Dumpty
____________________________________________

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Dibon-Smith)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 13:27:11 GMT

r.dibon-smith
toronto, canada