Subject: Farmer's Market Online (tm) Vol 1 #1

From: [email-masked] (MarketFarm)
Date: 20 Jun 1995 02:54:49 -0400

FARMER'S
MARKET
ONLINE
Vol 1, Number 1, June 19, 1995
+++++++++++++
Copyright (c) 1995  Outrider News Service
"All Rights Reserved"

	Greetings! Welcome to the alt.agriculture.fruit edition of
Farmer's Market Online (tm), your weekly guide to marketing farm-direct
fresh produce, specialty foods, crafts, livestock and pets around the
world. On the following pages you will find:
	Farm Produce (4 booths)
	Specialty Foods (1 booth)
	Shopping Lists (1 list)
	Bulletin Board
	* Farmer-Based Marketing
	* Sustainable Ag Conference
	* Tracking Shipments on WWW
	* Book Review: County Fair Cookbook

	Born out of an appreciation for rural lifestyles, a love for fresh
produce and fine foods, and a desire to strengthen and preserve
agriculture-based economies, this newsletter is a product of Outrider
News Service, an independent business based in Shoshone, Idaho.
	Our bias in these pages is in favor of the small-scale,
sustainable
farming operation, full-time or part-time, hobby or professional. It is
our
belief that access to the Internet will make small farms more viable by
opening up new market opportunities on a global scale. 
	Farmer's Market Online (tm) has been designed to provide an
inexpensive platform upon which farmers and consumers from
throughout the world can meet and negotiate farm-direct sales, trades
and barters. Each weekly issue reports on farm products, identifies food
sources, and posts consumers' shopping lists in E-mail, FAX and print
editions. 
	Set up much like an open-air market, this "virtual" farmer's
market has
individual "Booths" where sources for fresh fruits and vegetables, herbs,
meats, flowers, seeds, craft items, pets and livestock, and other items
are displayed for sale, trade or barter. 
	There's also a "Bulletin Board" with news about farming and
marketing farm products, profiles of farmers and artisans, and a
"Shopping Lists" posting space where shoppers can identify products
they are trying to find..
	We hope that readers (who do not have to be subscribers) will find
FARMER'S MARKET ONLINE (tm) a valuable resource for locating farm-
direct sources of produce, meats, crafts, animals and specialty products.
Those with computers and modems will be able to contact producers by
e-mail or their Web addresses for more information or place an order for a
product online. Those who don't have computers, or who prefer more
traditional avenues of trade, can phone, fax or write to the producer to
arrange a purchase, trade or barter.
	Please feel free to comment on any booth. While we do not screen
products, we will remove those that are clearly fraudulent and will report
any complaints to the producer. We also welcome news items,
announcements, calendar items and opinions relating to farmer's markets,
farming, food, cooking, and the marketing of farm products on our Bulletin
Board. Send all E-mail correspondence to [email-masked], faxes to
(208) 886-7602, or S-mail to Box 277, Shoshone, ID 83352-0277.

+++++
THE BOOTHS
+++++

NOTICE: Farmer's Market Online (tm) is a news and information service,
not a sales agent or middleman. Booth listings are edited for style and
length, but otherwise all transactions are the sole business of the buyer
and seller, or traders. No warranty is made on the products listed.

Farm Produce

MAPLE SYRUP. Pure. $5.50 pint, $10 qt, $18.50 1/2 gal, $33 gal. + $5
UPS  to cont. U.S. Contact: Maplewood Farm. E-mail: [email-masked].
Phone: 800/344-1709 or 419/892-2598. Mail: 3160 Rider Rd, Lucas OH
44843.

SEEDS, SPROUTING. Certified organic. 25 varieties. "Mumm's Grow-at-
Home Sprouts." 100g(3.5oz)  pkgs. and up. Contact: Jim/Maggie Mumm.
E-mail: [email-masked]. Mail: Hazelridge Farm, Bx 268,
Shellbrook, SK, Canada, S0J 2EO. PH (306) 747-2935; FX (306) 747 3618.

TREES, Seedlings. Forestry, conservation or Christmas trees. Many
varieties, Northern-grown. Shipping available. Contact: Forest of the
Future -- Lawrence Mountain Nurse