Subject: Re: BBC journalists have nothing better to do!!!

From: Ed Fowler <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 Nov 1995 10:34:01 GMT

Kyle Chen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Andrew Utecht  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> >communism is government
>> >capitalism is economic.  
>> >get it straight
>> >tale an economics class
>
>  Ok, then what is the economical system of the "communism" coutries?
>
>  and what is the government of the countries that have enconomical system?

Well in 90% of the time, the economic system of the communist countries is
a shambles, and 90% of the time the political system of a capitalist state
is democracy.

But since communism is really socio-economic and so is capitalism, this is 
probably irrelevant. but the following tends to be true.

Communism = Totalitarianism = Economic distaster area
Capitalism = Democracy = High standard of living etc

Argue your way out of that.

TTFN
Ed

____________________________________________________________
|Ed Fowler,   Information Systems & Resources Co-ordinator |
|               Lehman Brothers International (Europe) Ltd |
------------------------------------------------------------
|All views expressed are strictly my own and do not reflect|
|   the past, present or future views of my employers.     |
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Kyle Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Nov 1995 02:04:40 -0800

On 3 Nov 1995, Ed Fowler wrote:

 >tale an economics class

I wrote:

 
 
> Capitalism = Democracy = High standard of living etc

  You must be blind all your life.

  there are tons of homeless people in almost everywhere in usa, so i 
don't know where you can get the idea that "high standard of living 
etc"?? or you meant that that is only true for those greedy capitalists 
who exploit others for their own pleasure, comfort??? 

  And what domocracy? it is a democratical country only for rich people 
who have a lot of money to interfer the elections, it is not a 
democratical country for those homeless people who can't even have three 
meals a day which is their basical human rights!

  and haven't you seen that the "communism" ( China is a socialism 
country.)country -- China's enconomy is growing so fast that no other 
country can compare???

---

From: [email-masked] (Vincent Chan)
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 1995 08:16:54 GMT

>country.)country -- China's enconomy is growing so fast that no other 

I think it's very clear that US has a much higher standard of living
than China.

What happens in China is outright capitalism disguised as socialism,
and I think it's a good thing.  China's political climate is going to
change in future, this is a certainty.  Democracy won't work in China
now.  For democracy to work in a nation,  it needs excellent
communication infrastructure and a large middle class population.  
Once China escapes the poverty line,  the whole political landscape
will inevitably change.

Money does play an important role in politics, but it doesn't mean
that the poors are not represented.  (I would be naive to say that the
riches and poors are equally represented, but there are people in
America, politicians among them, care about the homeless.) The picture
of wealthy capitalists exploiting others is totally irrelevent.   It's
exactly the existence of those "greedy capitalists" in China, Taiwan,
HongKong and elsewhere of the globe makes China enjoys its rapid
growth.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 1995 16:15:34 GMT

>>  Ok, then what is the economical system of the "communism" coutries?

******snip******

>that the poors are not represented. 

	Would someone please explain what this thread has to do with this
newsgroup?

		Thanks,  Bob Connell

---

From: Andrew Utecht <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Nov 1995 07:08:34 GMT

>country.)country -- China's enconomy is growing so fast that no other 

Do you have a fetish for homeless people in USA, or what?

This is the dark side of USA that PRC tells their citizens.

By the way, I live in Los Angeles county, and if there are tons of 
homeless people, they must be invisible.  You are reading your PRC 
propaganda and distributing it, aren't you?

China's economy is growing so fast?  What is the wealth disparity in 
China?  The top 1% control 99.999999% of the wealth?

You must be still reading about the barons of the early part of this 
century.  Look to the future, not the past.

You are living in a capitalist country, huh?

Why? Aren't you living in hell?

or are you really from PRC hacking into USC newsgroups?

---

From: [email-masked] (Bill Franke)
Date: 7 Nov 1995 13:37:05 -0800

Andrew Utecht ([email-masked]) wrote:

: By the way, I live in Los Angeles county, and if there are tons of 
: homeless people, they must be invisible.  You are reading your PRC 
: propaganda and distributing it, aren't you?

Beverly Hills?  You don't get down to the downtown Greyhound station 
much, do you?  It's been a long time since I lived in LA, but there have 
been homeless people there for the last 24 years AFAIK because I saw them 
almost every day when I went out of the house.  Maybe you need spectacles?

---

From: [email-masked] (Tim Liu)
Date: 7 Nov 1995 23:19:54 GMT

>homeless people, they must be invisible.  You are reading your PRC 

You don't see homeless people in Beverly Hills and Bel Air, but you
can see lots of them if you go to downtown area. The area around USC is
not so good and I guess it's fairly easy to spot homeless people there
(I remember when I first went to USC for a party over 2 years ago,
my friends there suggested to me to wear bullet-proof vest and 
helmet in case of shooting). The last time I saw a homeless people
in LA was Saturday at the Tampa St exit of West 118 Freeway.
We have to admit that urban poverty is a serious social problem in US. 
I suggest you make a trip to South Central LA and you will know
how serious the problem is.

---

From: [email-masked] (Ming Yeung)
Date: 7 Nov 1995 22:53:44 -0800

In article <[email-masked]>,
>propaganda and distributing it, aren't you?

While Kyle is brainwashed (assume he has a brain) by PRC's propaganda, Mr.
Utecht seems living in a fantasy world where we have never been.

Your point of flaming Kyle is well taken, yet your attempt to belittle
Mainland China is pretty feeble and laughable.

Take a walk to South-Central LA, thank you. Also btw, I live in Beacon 
Hill-First Hill area of Seattle and I can tell ya I can see a lot of homeless
bums sleeping in the street (or drinking cheap wine/taking drugs/etc) every
morning I get off to work or to school. 

BTW2, when they came together and ask me for cigarette or to spare some 
changes, I got a weird feeling that I am actually in Mainland China

>China?  The top 1% control 99.999999% of the wealth?

And if you think US is a country with equal distribution of wealth, you
are deadly wrong too.

>century.  Look to the future, not the past.

What I said on the above are not based on the past, but based on the past,
the current and teh future.

>[SNIP]

Ming " The point is : PRC and USA are equally bad in something to a 
certain extent. " Yeung

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Ming J. Yeung	(email : [email-masked])
URL : http://www.seanet.com/users/tricom
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chinese Student Association Web Page, Seattle University
URL : http://www.seattleu.edu/~wwoo/csa.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tricom Technology (Tel : (206) 328-0538)
URL : http://www.seanet.com/users/tricom/tricom.html
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=