Subject: Re: Boycott all french products- please forward

From: [email-masked]
Date: 6 Oct 1995 01:08:33 GMT

In <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Ken1842) writes:
>What about those of us who operate french restaurants here in the U.S.?
>Should we pay the price for the French "government's" mistakes?

No, as long as you use American or any other kind of products, except for French
ones. Nobody has anything to say about the culture. French cuisine could be done 
with American products also. It is easy, isn't it?

Cforbes

---

From: [email-masked] (Ken1842)
Date: 5 Oct 1995 19:35:33 -0400

---

From: [email-masked] (Seamus O Tighearnaigh)
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 1995 09:27:22 GMT

>Should we pay the price for the French "government's" mistakes?

Ah fuck yer restaurants - but should we boycott french letters?
#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#
# Seamus O Tighearnaigh: "Bing Bong! Bing Bong! Bing Bong!"          # 
# "This is a safety announcement from British Nuclear Fuels (Fools?)-#
#  we coloured the Irish Sea with green ooze for St Patrick's Day!"  #
#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

---

From: Christian Labadie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 19:03:25 +0100 (MET)

> Should we pay the price for the French "government's" mistakes?

Write an official letter of protest to the French embassy and then post a 
copy of that letter at the entrance of your restaurant.  I have myself 
made a FF500,- donation to a environmental party in France (MEI) and 
wrote a letter to the MP Gerard Cherpion.  I think your case is enough to 
bring the attention of French people that there are growing resentment 
outside France against what the CEA (commissariat a l´energie 
atomique) people are doing.

Christian Labadie

---

From: [email-masked] (Carl and Nancy McCaskey)
Date: 9 Oct 1995 05:26:59 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
: In <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Ken1842) writes:
: >What about those of us who operate french restaurants here in the U.S.?
: >Should we pay the price for the French "government's" mistakes?

: No, as long as you use American or any other kind of products, except
: for French ones. Nobody has anything to say about the culture. French
: cuisine could be done with American products also. It is easy, isn't it? 

It might be if one had a list of French products here in the States. Not 
that I really care at this point (I've got enough personal problems of my 
own right now to care what happens to the French government).

If you wish to boycott, do the research of what specifically you're going 
to boycott first.

How about boycotting Jerry Lewis movies? They love him over there.

Carl

---

From: Kyle Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 Oct 1995 03:50:23 -0700

> Ken1842 ([email-masked]) wrote:
> : What about those of us who operate french restaurants here in the U.S.?
> : Should we pay the price for the French "government's" mistakes?

  i think that it is ok for them to test their nuclear bombs, at least, 
we can be sure that there is someone outside can balance the world power. 

  China has a big land, so the scientists there can just test their 
nuclears undergroud, but for French, their land is too small and 
vulnerable to do any testing.

---

From: [email-masked] (Gilles Carpentier)
Date: 9 Oct 1995 13:15:05 GMT

>: Should we pay the price for the French "government's" mistakes?
You should pay the price because of people who don't understand
the difference beetween French government, french people and french
culture.
That's very STUPID but boycot is a STUPID WEAPON!

Gilles Carpentier

---

From: [email-masked] (Manoon Kwansungnuen)
Date: 9 Oct 1995 09:27:27 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (clovis lark)
Date: 9 Oct 95 20:10:18 GMT

>the difference beetween French government, french people and french

I think that we do understand the difference.  France is a democracy, no? And
the government was elected by the French people, no? So, until the French
people negate this action, they must face the results of their choice (I
recognize that the majority of the French are against the testing).  

>That's very STUPID but boycot is a STUPID WEAPON!

DO you prefer bombs?  How are we supposed to let your government know that we 
are furious?  I think that by taking action to weaken the franc which will 
compromise France's standing in the attempts for currency union and also weaken
France's efforts to become "leader" of Europe (one of the Chirac government's
aims and reasons they claim for the testing) we are doing something better.  
This is the only language Chirac's
thugs comprehend.  I apologize to all French who are opponents of the 
government and of the testing for the inconvenience.  But this will be a small
price to pay in light of the potential nuclear disaster lurking under the
atoll in the Pacific.

By the way, the French have long known about economic boycotts.  We remember
the dumping of Spanish and Italian products because of their cheaper prices.

---

From: [email-masked] (Raven Wolf )
Date: 9 Oct 1995 23:22:51 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Jacques Guy)
writes: 
>
>[email-masked] (clovis lark) writes:
>
You are just getting your rocks
>off at playing the "concerned citizen of the world". Concerned, my
arse.
>
>How about boycotting Algerian, Sudanase, Liberian, Somalian, Yugoslav
etc. 
>products (including films) too, to force their governments to stop 
>butchering their own people, hey? Especially boycotting all Liberian-
>registered ships, hey? That would have overnight effects! But no,
>you don't a shit about that either. Concerned? 

Why is the USA left off this list. We are just as responsible for
destroying our Mother Earth and ourselves as the next country.  Our
toxic waste management is so corrupt that it is no longer able to be
hidden, yet like you said no one gives a shit. And what about the poor
third world countries we abuse by sending our waste? Talk about abuse
of power...
Peace,
RW

---

From: [email-masked] (Gilles Carpentier)
Date: 9 Oct 1995 21:57:33 GMT

>the dumping of Spanish and Italian products because of their cheaper prices.

I do'nt vote Chirac, my mother is Italian and I'm against the tests.
Sorry but when I read such stupids things, I have a doubt:
Perhaps Chirac is right.

Bye, anonymous

---

From: [email-masked] (Jacques Guy)
Date: 10 Oct 1995 08:45:18 +1000

[email-masked] (clovis lark) writes:

>I apologize to all French who are opponents of the 

You are full of shit. The aging, crumbling nuclear reactors all over the
defunct USSR are bigger potential disasters. The sunken, rotting nuclear
subs in the Baltic are not potential disasters, they are real disasters.
The leaking pipelines all over Siberia. The heavy metals leeching into
Finland's lakes, thanks to Soviet thuggery. I won't even mention the Chinese
nuclear tests, now carried underground. 

Are you calling for a boycott of Russian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Chinese,
and others' goods? NO.  The truth is: you do not give a SHIT about nuclear
risks, or massive pollution of the Earth. You are just getting your rocks
off at playing the "concerned citizen of the world". Concerned, my arse.

How about boycotting Algerian, Sudanase, Liberian, Somalian, Yugoslav etc.

---

From: Robert Macbeth <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Oct 1995 02:06:04 GMT

> vulnerable to do any testing. 

That's easy for you to say.  You don't live in the region where
France is testing its toys.  If France is too small and vulnerable
to do any testing, how would you define an atoll in the South
Pacific?