Subject: Specialists Wanted!!

From: Tom Holder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 14:34:03 +0100

THIS IS A NON PROFIT MAKING VENTURE. PLEASE READ ON...
 
This message is NOT an advert and I'm NOT selling anything. I just want
to bring a new service to the internet that will help people. It has
been posted to lots of newsgroups but this is necessary for it to
work.
This will be a 100% FREE service, no one pays anything!
Thank you to those people who have already showed interest in the idea.
If you disagree with the idea that's fine, but I have had a lot of
people saying that it is a good idea so please do not respond unless
your
interested.
 
The IDEA,
 
I'm collecting the names and e-mail addresses of people who feel they
have a good knowledge and interest in a particuler subject/interest.
I am going to publish the whole list onto the www, it will be
called HelpBase.
These people must have a good knowledge of their specialist subject and
must be willing to take questions from people on their subject area.
The subject can be anything from 'computer programming' to 'Tia-chi'!
The database will be open to anyone and everyone and each person will be
entered under their subject area with a e-mail link and a web page link
if you have one.
 
The only thing that you will get out of this is satisfaction of knowing
you have helped people, with out the support the service will not be
able to run.
If you have a web page I will put a link to it for you, this will
provide a bit of free advertising for you but you must still be willing
to help the people that mail you.
 
If you start getting flooded by e-mails you can mail me and I will take
you off the database or find more people with your specialist subject to
take the pressure off.
 
If you are interested please complete this return form.
 
Name (Last First)         :
 
E-mail address(s)         :
 
Webpage(s) URL (optional) :
 
Special subject(s)        :
 
Description of what you cover in your subject area :
 
I fully realise that this is the idea of newsgroups but from past
experience, you get a lot of people joining in not knowing what they're
really talking about and lots of people have nothing better to do
thanshout abuse at people.

We really need your help! Without you we will not be able to make this
work.

Thank you for your support.
Tom Holder
[email-masked]