Subject: Rare Fruit Growers Unite!

From: Leo Manuel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 19:20:45 +0000

I posted a note a while back looking for other people who grow or who are 
interested in growing rare fruit.  I'm sufficiently new to newsgroups that I 
don't understand how the postings are cleared, whether it's by volume, or 
number of days since posted, or what, but I haven't found it on my newsgroup 
for a few days.

I listed some of the trees (mostly) that I grow here in San Diego:

I have trees of mango (my favorite, with over 100 fruits this year), banana, 
cherimoya, atemoya, pitanga (surinam cherry), coffee, guava, capulin cherry, 
citrus, avacodo, papaya (limited success), rose apple, longan, Japanese 
persimmon, macadamia nut, kiwi (vine), passion fruit (also vine), as well as 
more well-known fruit from trees of apple, apricot, nectarine, peach, fig, 
jujube (Chinese date), grape (vine) and thornless blackberry.

Some e-mail I have received makes me wonder if on some servers it's still 
around?

Anyway, I've been wondering whether there are enough of us to warrant having 
our own newsgroup.  Possible names are alt.agrifruit.rare (my preference), 
or alt.agriculture.rarefruit or whatever.

If anyone is interested, please drop me a message, and if you can, would you 
duplicate post to my e-mail address as well as to this group?

I would guess it will take some time to round enough interested people to 
convince anyone that we deserve our own group, but I'm sure there are 
hundreds of us out there, if we could be made aware of the possibility.

Maybe I'm kidding myself, and please let me know if you think it's not worth 
going after.

=========================================================================
Horticordially,       

Leo in San Diego         [email-masked]
=========================================================================