Subject: Jamacan Apple Won't Bear (Repost from Garden Board)

From: [email-masked] (Pollinator)
Date: 3 Nov 1995 15:51:08 -0500

Paulette posted this request on the garden group.  It is not a pollination
problem, as the tree has never bloomed.  Anyone know this fruit?
[email-masked]  Dave Green PO Box 1200 Hemingway,  SC  29554  USA

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Paulette
Reid-Meade) writes: 
>
>We have a Jamaican apple tree (Etiote(sp) apple) that is over ten
years 
>old but has never beared fruit.  It lost all of its leaves once during

>one of our Hurricanes but it grew back and is now a very 
>healthy-looking tree of about 20 feet.  I was wondering what if
anything we 
>can do to get this tree to fruit and if anyone else has had any luck
with this 
>tree outside of Jamaica. We live in Miami Florida and would appreciate
any 
>suggestions. 
>Paulette Reid-Meade