Subject: Yellow Citrus Leaves

From: [email-masked] (SteveC9291)
Date: 6 Sep 1996 13:51:35 -0400

I have 10 potted orange seedlings that are outside for the summer. 
The leaves on several of the trees are turning yellow.  I suspect a
nutrient deficiency but am not sure what it might be.  I fertilized with
Miracle Grow (very lightly) in the spring and early summer but not since. 
I am in Denver Colorado, zone 4.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 20:30:12 +0800

> I am in Denver Colorado, zone 4.

Maybe too much water?

---

From: Dick Trevethick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 23:01:28 -0700

> > I am in Denver Colorado, zone 4.

I would be more inclined to be feeding them magnesium. This is most
economically used as commercial grade mag.sulphate. Don't be scared to
overdo it, sprinkle liberally around the dripline of the tree. It could
be calcium, but they (citrus) most commonly need Mg when they look
yellow and 'out of sorts'. In NZ our climate supports all sorts of
fungal greebies, some of them being a real bastard. Phyttophera,
pythium, rhizochtonia et al. I doubt you'd have as much of a problem in
Colorado, I've only overflown your state but it looked a bit different
to our lush fungi nurseries!!  Water....not likely, they can drink an
awful lot of water, depending on the wind. Don't pussy foot about with
them, they are a very forgiving and rewarding plant to make friends
with. Have fun.

---

From: [email-masked] (Pandora Wong)
Date: 18 Sep 1996 00:14:52 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>> I am in Denver Colorado, zone 4.
I agreed too much water.