Subject: Re: Soil condition advice sought

From: [email-masked] (Steven Cahn)
Date: 23 Apr 1996 01:46:11 GMT

Since you don't have that many trees, try planting a few hundred in an 
orchard if you want to complain about pain, I would mix about 1/3 peat 
moss in with whatever y0u dug out.  That should get the roots going 
nicely.  On my orchard I just replace soil and use no peat, but thats 
with many trees.  Water them with a weak solution of rapid grow, and dump 
the water in the hole and then fill in with dirt, etc.  Pack down the 
soil lightly and water some more and then leave alone for a couple of 
weeks at least.
-
  STEVEN CAHN  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (BRateaver)
Date: 24 Apr 1996 04:57:31 -0400

no, no , no, 
whatever you do, never use a chemical as this person suggest. Just do what
I say and you will be happy with results. Pouring a horrible chemical into
that soil will just kill all the soil organisms, and the trees will give
off  what will tell insects to attack.

Believe me, the routine I suggest to you may sound oddball, but it is the
only really right way to do.  I know what I am talking about.

B. Rateaver