Subject: Mail order fruit trees, fruit growing organizations

From: [email-masked] (Larry London)
Date: 15 Sep 1993 02:14:32 GMT

Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Subject: Re: Heritage fruit trees?
From: [email-masked] (Bruce A. Moon)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 00:08:28 GMT
Organization: Calif State Univ/Electronic Information Services

	You can get apple trees on dwarfing rootstocks down to the size of
bushes. The size you are talking about is very popular now for commercial
growers. Rootstocks vary in their tolerance for heavy and damp soils . Two
Northwest companies sent me catalogs last year; I have not ordered form
them but they present themeselves as reputable and are encyclopedic in the
information. Write or call them:
Raintree Nursery , 391 Butts Road, Morton, WA 98356, (206) 496-6400
Northwoods Retail Nursery, 27635 S. Oglesby Rd., Canby, OR 97013
The Raintree catalog has a coupon for Friends of Fruit based at WSU ($20)
which includes tasting of 100 varieties at the experimental station at
Mt. Vernon. I just joined the California Rare Fruit Growers; they 
exchange scions, have tastings, etc. 
	You picked a good time to plan your trees. Bare root season is in
Janurary- March and is the best time to plant.
 --  Bruce Moon Rio Linda, CA

---

From: [email-masked] (Eugene John)
Date: 19 Sep 93 23:15:22 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:

> Organization: Calif State Univ/Electronic Information 

===

---

From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Leach)
Date: 27 Sep 93 14:56:00 GMT

>> Subject: Re: Heritage fruit trees?

Sonoma Antique Apple Nursery
4395 Westside Rd.
Healdsburg CA 95448
707-433-6420
-- 
Geoffrey Leach          C/C++/X11/Motif/OpenLook Implementation
[email-masked]        Mountain Ranch Software
                        3351 Alma St., Suite 113
                        Palo Alto  94306
                        415-855-9788