Subject: invitation to participate

From: [email-masked] (Tyler R. Burns)
Date: 15 Jun 93 18:03:38 GMT

Invitation to Participate

     Scientists, engineers, technicians and technologists - we need
you!  If you would like to spend a small portion of your time
helping kids learn about the scientific world using the Internet,
please volunteer to be an "Electronic Innovator" for the SchoolNet
initiative.  Remember, too, that for elementary and high school
students, science comprises more than chemistry, physics, biology,
etc...it includes much of the social sciences, such as anthropology
and psychology.
     The aim of the SchoolNet initiative is to give schools
across Canada access to the vast resources that are available
through electronic communications and information technology.  As
a pilot for this project, 300 schools will be on-line this fall.
     The students exploring this technology will benefit from
electronic mentors who answer questions on science, mathematics,
engineering and technology through electronic mail.  These people,
called "Electronic Innovators", should be working or studying in
one of the aforementioned fields and accessible though Internet/
CA*net.  Although this is a Canadian initiative, we welcome
volunteers from around the world.
     If you would like more information on the SchoolNet
initiative, and on how you can be an Electronic Innovator, please
send a brief e-mail reply to the address below.
     We welcome your participation in this exciting and rewarding
project!

Thank-you! 

Freenet Science and Engineering Consulting Group
Internet:  [email-masked]