Subject: Re: borers in apricot trees...what to do?
From: [email-masked] (Nroatcap)
Date: 10 Jun 94 04:11:01 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.agriculture.fruit

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(Thomas R Rocek) writes:

It might be gumosis, and not a borer. When I was in ag school some
years back my instructor said that it's causes were  of unknown
physiological origin. The disorder is not serious, according to him.
But then he was talking about peaches--a very close kin to apricot.
Probe around the damaged area with a clean pocket knife. If it
borers, you may find either him or his frass (poop). If it is a borer
you are probably now watering regularly enough. Borers zero in on
drought stressed trees.
For more information find a copy of "Fruit Science" by Childers or
even better "Disease and Pests of Ornamental Plants" by P.P. Pirone.
He's bound to have something for ornamental stone fruits.
Good luck,
Mike Milligan
[email-masked]