Subject: $$$

From: [email-masked] (Corey Demond Shaw)
Date: 28 Aug 1996 01:05:51 GMT

Subject: Re: $$$
Newsgroups: sybase.server.bugnews.oahu,sysop,system
Followup-To: sybase.server.bugnews.oahu,sysop,system
References: <[email-masked]>
Organization: Georgia Institute of Technology
Distribution: 

[email-masked] wrote:
: Turn US$5 TO US$50000!SERIOUS!!!!!! 

: Turn Only US$5 Into US$50,000 It Really Works Please Read This!!

: Taking 5 minutes to read this text may be one of the best decisions you
: ever made.

: My name is not important. What is important is what happened to me.

: In June 1994, my business went bankrupt because of the poor
: state of the economy. My cars were repossessed and debt collectors were
: hounding me like you would not believe. I owed thousands and bankruptcy
: seemed to be my only future. My family, my reputation, my sanity and my
: life was at stake. I became very ill.

: In September 1994, I saw an article in an Internet Newsgroup telling me
: I could make US$50 000 within 4 weeks for an investment of only US$5. I
: thought it was a huge joke! I spoke to my friends about it
: and they thought likewise. But after three days of desperate struggle
: in court to keep from going bankrupt, I decided I had nothing to lose.

: My family and I in desperation, grasped at straws and sent $1 by snail
: mail to each of 5 names and addresses specified in the article. We then
: placed our own name and address in the article and posted it in 200
: other newsgroups.

: Two weeks later, I started receiving money in the mail! I could not
: believe it! Hundreds of dollars turned into thousands, and in the 4 
: weeks,

: I received a total of US$53,654. It came from all over the world.

: If you follow the 3 steps below, there is no reason whatsoever why the
: same shouldn't happen to you. This is a perfectly legitimate investment
: opportunity. You invest US$5 and you receive a return on your investment.
: So does the next investor. NOT ILLEGAL, NOT A CHAIN LETTER - PERFECTLY
: LEGITIMATE!

: OBVIOUSLY, IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED, THEN DON'T PARTICIPATE. BUT PLEASE
: PRINT THIS ARTICLE AND GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO MAY WISH TO TAKE ADVANTAGE.

: The procedure is very simple.

: STEP 1. Write your name and address on 5 separate pieces of paper with
:         the words "PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST". Fold a US$1 note 
: 	or money order or bank draft in each of the pieces of paper and 
: 	mail them to the following five addresses:

: 1. Michelle M. Ware 2780 Lindale Mt. Holly Rd.#131 , Amelia OHIO 45102
: 2. MIKE EVANS 3906 OLD SAVANNAH LN.#4,  CINCINNATI OH 45245
: 3. Josip Kresonja, Trg(sq) Ivana Kukuljevica 6,
:    10000 Zagreb,CROATIA,EUROPE
: 4. Gregory Au,9 King Tak Street,C-17,Homantin,Kowloon,Hong Kong.
: 5. Corey D. Shaw * 2465 LaFortune Dr * Decatur, GA 30032 USA

: STEP 2. Now remove the 1st name on the list, move the other 4 names up
:         (5 becomes 4, 4 becomes 3 etc) and put your name and address as  
:         number 5 on the list. You can do this by re-typing this article  
:         or simply editing and re-posting it in this or another newsgroup.

: STEP 3. Post your amended article to at least 200 new groups (there are
:         17 000 of them).

: You are now in the Mail Order Investment Business and you will start
: receiving US$1 returns by mail within a week or two. The more newsgroups
: you post to, the bigger your return will be. You may want to rent a Post
: Office Box to handle the volume of mail you are likely to receive.

: If you wish to remain anonymous, you can use a pseudonym such as
: "The Manager" or "The Investor", but make sure your address is correct!

: NOW LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SYSTEM WORKS!

: Of every 200 postings I made, I received an average of 5 replies, YES -
: ONLY 5, each with a US$1 bill enclosed. You make US$5 for every 200
: postings WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 5.

: Each person who sent you US$1, now also makes let's say,only 200
: additional postings WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 4, i.e. 1000 postings.
: On average therefore, 50 people will send you US$1 with your name at
: number 4. You make US$50.

: Your 50 new agents make 200 posting each WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 3
: or 10 000 postings - average return 500 at US$1 each is US$500. They
: make 200 postings each WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 2 = 100 000 postings
: = 5 000 returns at US$1 each = US$5 000.

: Finally, 5 000 people make 200 postings each WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 1
: and you get a return of US$50 000 before you name drops off the list.
: AND THAT'S IF EVERYONE DOWN THE LINE ONLY MAKES 200 POSTINGS! Total
: income in one cycle = $55 500.

: From time to time, when your name is no longer on the list, you take
: the latest posting that is appearing in the newsgroups, SEND OUT
: ANOTHER US$5 TO THE NAMES THAT ARE ON THE LIST, PUT YOUR NAME IN
: AT NUMBER 5 AND START POSTING AGAIN. Remember, 200 postings is only
: a guideline. The more you post, the greater the return.

: Let's review the reasons why you should do this: THE ONLY COST FACTORS
: ARE 5 STAMPS, 5 ENVELOPES, AND 5 US$1 BILLS. Anyone can afford five
: dollars to put into such an effortless investment with SPECTACULAR
: RETURNS.

: Some people have said to me "What happens if the scheme is 'played
: out' and no one sends me any money"? Big deal! So you lose US$5 - but
: what are the chances of that happening?

: Do you realise how many Internet Users there are? Do you realise how
: many times this scheme can be utilised over and over again - with
: COMPLETELY NEW people participating?

: There are not HUNDREDS, NOT EVEN THOUSANDS, BUT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS
: OF NEW INTERNET USERS EVERY MONTH!

: Remember, read the instructions carefully and play FAIRLY...that's
: the only way this will work. Get a printout so you can refer back
: to this article easily.

: Try to keep a list of everyone that sends you money and always keep
: an eye on the newsgroup postings to make sure everyone is playing
: fairly. You know where your name should be.

---

From: [email-masked] (DGholston)
Date: 29 Aug 1996 01:40:47 -0400

This is nothing but an illegal pyramid scheme and has no place in this
Newsgroup. Please read our charter and peddle your nonsense somewhere
else.

Mot Amused