Subject: POSITION -- RESEARCH MANAGEMENT, UNIVERSITY

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 1996 14:29:09 -0700

POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT

POSITION:	
	Resident Director, University of Arkansas Fruit Substation, Department of Horticulture.

LOCATION:	
	The Fruit Substation, located  approximately 6 miles northeast of Clarksville, Arkansas, is at a scenic location on the southern edge 
of the Ozark mountains overlooking the Arkansas River Valley.  The primary  focus of the station is cultivar development, cultivar evaluation 
and cultural research on brambles, grapes, peaches and other fruits.  The facility covers an area of  230 acres.

QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES:
	Master's degree in horticulture or related field (entomology, plant pathology, agronomy/soil science, botany, etc.).  Training and 
experience in fruits is desirable.  Applicant must have knowledge of the land-grant system including an appreciation of research, teaching and 
extension missions. 

	Applicant must have leadership skills to ensure success of  interdisciplinary 	research and outreach programs ongoing at the station, 
including communication with project leaders on the main campus, management of station personnel, budgetary control, and other support 
services.  Applicant must be willing to actively participate in station operations as needed to accomplish station goals.  The 	Resident 
Director  reports directly to the Department Head of Horticulture on the main campus at Fayetteville, located 90 miles away. 

SALARY:	
	Competitive salary including benefits.  Housing is furnished on the station grounds.

CLOSING DATE:	
	Deadline for receipt of application is 1 December 1996 or until a suitable candidate is found.  Applicant should send  a letter of 
application and vita along with copies of transcripts and three letters of recommendation to:

		Dr. Stephen C. Myers, Head	Phone: (501) 575-2603
		Department of Horticulture	FAX:    (501) 575-8619
		University of Arkansas		E-mail: [email-masked]
		316 Plant Science Bldg.		Department Homepage: http://www.
		Fayetteville, AR  72701		uark.edu/depts/hort/dept/hortdept.html
		
	The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution