Subject: Looking for Data On Black Currants

From: [email-masked] (David King)
Date: 16 Aug 1996 19:08:05 GMT

I have decided I would like to try to grow currants.  My thinking is that 
P. speciosum would be the species most likely to be successful in my 
Southern CA coastal climate - low chill hours (maybe 300?) and no frost.

Does anyone have any data on growing currants in a similar climate 
(Meditteranean)?  Are they self-fruitful or will I need a pollinator?

Thanks for any and all help!
-- 
David King
UCLA: LSSA

---

From: [email-masked] (David King)
Date: 16 Aug 1996 19:12:07 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked] says...
>Thanks for any and all help!

-
My email address is wrong in the original posting - email to that address 
will go into the great void of ehell.  Please use:

	[email-masked]

And considering our new email platform, I still may _never_ get it, but 
this at least has a prayer!

David King
UCLA: LSSA