Subject: Need info re: 1953 Farmall Tractor

From: [email-masked] (Tina Scott)
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 96 22:25:27 GMT

I recently bought a 1953 Farmall Super (20 hp) Tractor.  I am looking 
for anyone who might have a manuel for this tractor or any other 
relevent information.  As well, some recommended web sites may be 
useful.

Thanks in Advance for your help!

Tina and Merritt Scott
Fredericton, NB
Canada

Keep on Tractoring!

---

From: Dale Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 00:15:37 -0800

> Thanks in Advance for your help!

.
 Do a net search for antige(?) tractor.  Found several months ago.  This 
may lead you to the sources you need.  Tractor salvage yards will 
sometimes have what you want also.  Check in ag magizines for these.

---

From: Rob Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996 12:45:35 -0500

Tina,

I have a 1952 Ford 8N and a 1948 IH Farmall Cub. I use them for plowing,
mowing and other jobs and they both run great. It is easy to find parts and
get manuals for both. I bought the IH a year ago and got a copy of the
original manual from Case (Case bought International Harvester a few years
ago). I merely called the 800 number for Case, and they sent me the owner's
and service manuals. I am sorry, but I no longer have the number.

On the back of the manual (a recent reprint), there are a few addresses which
should help you, as follows:

Case Corporation                        Case Canada Corporation
700 State Street                        3350 South Service Road
Racine, WI 53404 USA                    Burlington, ON L7N 3M6 Canada

You may be interested in the Antique Tractor List serve on the net. This is
kind of like a newsgroup, but it runs through your e-mail. You can visit
their WWW page to join if you are interested at:

http://freenet.co.forsyth.nc.us/TRACTOR/atis.html

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

                                                Rob Gray

---

From: [email-masked] (Tina Scott)
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 96 23:32:01 GMT

Just wanted to send a quite note to Dale, Rob and John for all your 
help.  Your information has been great!  We are going to follow up
on the many leads you sent our way.

We love the internet!

Thanks Again,

Tina ([email-masked]) and Merritt ([email-masked]) Scott

---

From: [email-masked] (David King)
Date: 9 Dec 1996 16:50:49 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>Thanks in Advance for your help!

Tina - the following http addresses may or may not be of some help - if 
not, email me for more:

http://www.agriculture.com/contents/sf/ageless/list_decall.html
http://ledger.co.forsyth.nc.us/antique-tractor
*http://www.teleport.com/~sidetech/bb/index.shtml
http://www.ns.net/users/gene/Mypage2.html

*This site is for IH stuff, if I recall correctly.  

davidk
(I know, I know, what's a city boy doing with all these old tractors?)