Subject: Yellow Citrus Leaves

From: [email-masked] (SteveC9291)
Date: 6 Sep 1996 12:36:37 -0400

I have 10 orange tree seedlings in potts outside for the summer.  The
leaves on several of the trees are turning yellow.  I fertilized with
Miracle Grow (lightly) in spring and early summer.  I do not know if I
should fertilize again this late in the season or if they just need some
trace elements.  Please help.

---

From: patricia thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 1996 20:01:50 -0700

> trace elements.  Please help.

Steve,

You say you used Miracle Grow, did you use acid or what?  There are all 
different types.  Use acid fertilizer about once a week all through the 
summer, cut back in the winter months (I assume you will be taking them 
inside?) about once a month.  Also, leaves will turn yellow from too much 
water.  Keep moist but don't let them get wet feet.(Too much water 
standing on the root system)

Best of luck,

Pat

---

From: [email-masked] (Dy Taylor)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 02:36:32 GMT

[email-masked] (William A. Grimes) wrote:

>[email-masked] (SteveC9291) wrote:

>Ortho has a citrus book with photos of leaves with various trace
>mineral deficiencies, as does (I believe) the Sunset book.  Check it
>out at the library or at a garden center; you might take a leaf along.
>Usually it's iron, although it can be manganese, magnesium or others.

>Because potted plants are watered so frequently, minerals are quickly
>washed out. If you can't determine which mineral is missing, try
>applying disolved chelated iron instead of the usual watering. 
>William A. Grimes
>San Francisco, CA
>[email-masked]

Yes, I agree. We had a similar problem with an orange tree and we
found that it was a deficiency of iron that was the problem
Dy

=======================================================
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
=======================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (William A. Grimes)
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 1996 00:15:09 GMT