Subject: Peaches from China

From: [email-masked] (Marcos O. Camargo)
Date: 20 Aug 1996 21:48:17 GMT

I am looking for a couple of peach varieties from China.

One is called "May ripes" and the other "White Flower Fragrant".

These peaches are supposed to be quite resistant to leaf curl.

Thanks,

Marcos Camargo

-- 
Marcos O. Camargo             |  e-mail:  [email-masked]
Intel Corp.  JF1-19           |  phone :  (503) 696-4273
5200 N.E. Elam Young Parkway  |  FAX   :  (503) 681-9017
Hillsboro, Oregon  97124      |

---

From: [email-masked] (TaLeeBell)
Date: 25 Aug 1996 23:44:59 -0400

Do you know the transliteration of the original Chinese names?  That would
help in searching for them.  Most frequently, cultivars are listed in the
original, rather than a translation.  Then do a search in GRIN :
http://www.ars-grin.gov
Search the database for Prunus (taxon or genus) and name. That would tell
you if it is inthe National Plant Germplasm System (at Davis, CA).  If
not, then find a copy of the Fruit and Nut  Variety Inventory, published
by Seed Savers Exchange.  Another source of information might be the
California Rare Fruit Growers (they have a web site) , or NAFEX.