Subject: 106th Annual Meeting of the Connecticut Pomological Society

From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Bishop)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 01:19:03 GMT

Hello All, 
The following is the program for the Connecticut Pomological Society
Meeting. The meeting is open to all with an interest in fruit
growing(see non-member registration below).

106th Annual Meeting of the Connecticut Pomological Society
Tuesday, December 10, 1996
The Gallery, Glastonbury, CT
860-659-2656

8:30-	Registration, coffee. Non-member registration fee is $10.00.
For lunch and dinner tickets, contact Pat Bussa, Secretary-
Treasurer, at 860-633-4906 after 5 P.M.. Register for D.E.P.
recertification credit at start and end of meeting.

9:30-	President's opening remarks. John Lyman Ill,  Lyman Orchards.

9:40-	Escherichia coli Ol 57:H7: A threat to the cider and fresh
produce industry. Dr. Douglas Dingman, Connecticut Agricultural
Experiment Station.

10:10-	Peach diseases and their control. Dr. David Rosenberger,
Hudson Valley Laboratory, Cornell University.

10:40-	Consumer organizations and fruit growers - new alliances:
"Core Values Northeast." Wendy Gordon and Betsy Lydon, Mothers
and Others.

11:20-	A report on activities and market outlook by Northeast
Mcintosh Growers Association. Christine Copeland, Communications
Coordinator.

11:30-	Vendors' show and tell.

11:40-	Contract farm-labor report. John Young. New England Apple
Council.

12:00-	Lunch

1:30-	Business meeting of the Connecticut Pomological Society.

1:45-	Emerging trends in treefruit growing - successes and failures.
Craig Telgheder, Adams County Nursery.

2:15-	Summer diseases of apple, and their control. Dr. David
Rosenberger, Hudson Valley Laboratory, Cornell University

2:55-	Observations and update on Worker Protection Standards
compliance. Diane Jorsey, Connecticut Department of
Environmental Protection.

3:05-	Break

3:25-	First year's experience with a new stop-drop chemical in
Connecticut: "Retain." Grower panel.

3:50-	Farm retail marketing: Some diversification ideas, and a
review of the best ideas at a recent national farm marketing
conference. Dr. Richard Ashley, Plant Science Department, University
of Connecticut.

4:15-	Meet the new UCONN Plant Science Department Head, Dr. Gerald
Berkowitz.

4:30-	Experience with an alternative refrigeration design for apple
storage. Richard Holmberg, Holmberg Orchards; Chris Moreley,
R.A. Levine Co., West Haven, CT.

5:00-	Adjourn. Pesticide applicator license recertification
signatures. Social hour. 

6:15-	Dinner.

Award of Merit to Pat Bussa.
Award of Distinction to Donald Norton.

Entertainment by Bob Homans and Friends

Regards,
Jonathan

¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

Jonathan Bishop                       Bishop's Orchards
B.W. Bishop & Sons, Inc.              Growers of Fine Fruit
Guilford, Connecticut                 since 1871
E-Mail:[email-masked]

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????