Subject: Cupuacu, where can I get a plant or a seed?

From: jcg@ (Jose Miguel Gallego)
Date: 30 Aug 1996 21:25:48 GMT

Hi,

I would like to grow a Cupuacu (Theobroma grandiflorum (Willd. exe. 
Spreng)Schum).

My question is where can I purchase either a plant (bare root? cut?) or
seeds?

Thanks in advanced for any information,
Jose
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (DGholston)
Date: 31 Aug 1996 20:57:25 -0400

>I would like to grow a Cupuacu (Theobroma grandiflorum >(Willd. exe.
Spreng)Schum). My question is where can I >purchase either a plant (bare
root? cut?) or seeds?Thanks >in advanced for any information,
>[email-masked]

I would like to know of a source, also. The only thing I have been able to
find is from Stephen Facciola's valuable book, Cornucopia: a Source of
Edible Plants. He lists Jardim botanico do Rio Janeiro (Rio de Janeiro,
Brazil) which says "seeds offered for exchange with other scientific
institutions only."  There must be other sources. Can anyone help?

Don Gholston
California Rare Fruit Growers
http://www.crfg. org/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 96 17:03:11 GMT

On 8-30-96 23:25, in message <[email-masked]>, Jose Miguel 

> Thanks in advanced for any information,

Hi guy,

As far I know cupuacu is grown very wellk in brazil 8state of Para and Amazon.

The plant is grown  from the seed and is very easy to multiplicate, but they 
need very high temperature region. Is a tipical amazon plant.

in the next message i´ll send a adress where you can get the seed.

roberto oki
e-mail  [email-masked]