Subject: (no subject)

From: Oliver Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 1996 06:05:01 GMT

New Electronic Journal Award is Announced.
------------------------------------------

The Charlesworth Group of Huddersfield, UK is pleased to announce the
inauguration of a new Award for online journals, The Charlesworth Group Award
for Electronic Journals. The new Award will be run independently from the
prestigious Charlesworth Group Awards for Typographical Excellence in Journal
and Serial Publishing and aims to recognise excellent overall design,
functionality and innovation in online and parallel online journals.

The new Award is organised by the Charlesworth Group and will be run in
association with The British Library, The Association of Learned and
Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP), The Electronic Libraries Programme
(e-Lib) and The Serial Publishers Executive of the Council of Academic and
Professional Publishers of The Publishers Association.

The winner of the Award in 1996 will receive £500 in addition to a handsome
silver trophy which will be presented on the occasion of the joint ALPSP/FIGIT
meeting on electronic publishing experiments being supported by the Joint
Information Systems Committee. The meeting will be held at the R.I.C.S., 2,
Great George Street, London SW1 on December 12th 1996.

Any journal which is available online to subscribers is eligible to enter the
new Award. Entries will be judged on screen by a distinguished panel of judges
to be announced shortly. Entry forms are available now from the organisers
either as a paper version or electronically from the address below. There is no
cost to enter the Award. The closing date for entries is October 14th 1996.

The main judging criteria will be accessibility, overall design and
presentation, functionality, innovation and navigation through the publication.
Full details of eligibility and judging criteria will be available with the
entry forms which can be obtained electronically here or from: The Charlesworth
Award for Electronic Journals, 254 Deighton Road, Huddersfield, West Yorks HD2
1JJ, United Kingdom. Telephone: +44 (0)1484 517077. Fax: +44(0)1484 517068.
Email: [email-masked]
World Wide Web: http://www.Charlesworth.com