Subject: Re: Shipping fruit tree scions

From: Derek A Mills <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Jan 1995 01:19:14 GMT

Hi Myron,

I grow unusual and antique varieties of fruit also. I send out scions
in long envelopes with the ends of the scions wrapped in moist paper
towel with a baggy over it help on by rubber bands and of course labeled!

What do you grow? I would be interested in trading, right now I have over
100 different types of apples to go along with pears, plums, peaches, 
cherris, medlars, jujubes, grapes, various nuts and small fruits.

Do you have any red fleshed varieties of apples or pears by any chance?
I've started concentrating on collecting and growing them to try and
make some sense out of what I collect other than "one of these and one
of those" <g>.

Have you ever heard of NAFEX (North American Fruit Explorers), it is 
a group of people dedicated to the preservation and exploration of
all types of fruit. Members receive 4 quarterly publications called
the "Pomona" and are able to join any or all fruit testing groups

looking forward to hearing from you,

Derek Mills