Subject: Moody Gardens Rainforest Pyramid

From: [email-masked] (Todd A. Guillory)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 02:19:38 -0600

For all you biologist out there, considering taking a trip to visit the
Moody Gardens Rainforest Pyramid - its truely a beautiful site!

The Rainforest Pyramid is located in Galveston, Texas just an hour south
of Houston.  It is, as the name implies, part of Moody Gardens.

This glass pyramid is one acre at the base and houses a variety of plants,
birds, fish, reptiles, and butterflies.  Species from four different
geographical rainforest are represented.  Its awe enspiring!

Personally I recoommend visting the rainforest after sundown and during a
week night when fewer people are there.  At night, the rainforest is
exceptionally beautiful.  However, during the day, the animals are more
active.

Admission to the rainforest is $6/person and goes to a very good cause
(environmental awareness and rehabilitation for children though
interaction with animals and nature).  Moody Gardens also has a THREE-D
IMAX theater (1 of 3 in the world), a man-made white sands beach, a paddle
boat, a petting zoo, and a beautiful park.  It is also next door to the
Loan Star Flight Museum.

For more information, just let me know...

-- 
Todd A. Guillory // \\  // \\          // \\  // \\          // \\  // \\
Dept. of Pediatrics :,\\': | \\      // | :,\\': | \\      // | :,\\': | \\
Hematology/Oncology //  \\ | | \\  // | | //  \\ | | \\  // | | //  \\ | |
The University of Texas Medical Branch| //      \\ | :,\\': | //      \\ |
[email-masked]      \\ //  \\ //          \\ //  \\ //          \\

"Double your hard drive space -- DELETE MS-Windows!"