Subject: Re: Seeds of Change

From: Janet Bachmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1993 07:34:19 -0600 (CST)

Robin -
The address for Seeds of Change is:  1364 Rufina Circle # 5,
Santa Fe, NM  87501.  Telephone 505/438-8080.
Fax 505/438-7052.  The catalog is available at $3.00, and not
only lists a great number of heritage seeds, but also contains
essays and poetry.  

Other groups that are involved with preservation of heritage seed
include the Seed Savers Exchange, 3076 North Winn Road, Decorah, IA
52101, and Native Seed/SEARCH, 2509 N. Campbell # 325, Tucson, AZ  85719.
There is also a Southern Seed Exchange, but I don't have the address
handy at the moment.  Let me know if you want it and I can look 
around.
Janet Bachmann, Rodale Institute Mid-South Farmers Network
Coordinator - and avid gardener, beginning seed-saver.
> 
> Hi Sanetters
> 
> This is my first time sending a message through the network.  On NPR radio
> this morning, there was a report an organization called "Seeds of
> Change" located in Santa Fe, NM.  The organization is conserving rare
> seeds and will make them available to home gardeners to grow.  It mentioned
> there is a catalog available.  If anyone knows the address of this organization
> or anymore information on them please response to my email address. 
> Thanks, Robin
>

---

From: Sharon Lezberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 93 09:24:36 -0600

Seeds of Change offers an excellent catalogue, complete with articles on 
restoring the environment, diversity, seed information and amazing photographs.

The catalog can be ordered for $3.00, address: 1364 Rufina Circle #5, Santa 
Fe, NM  83706.

Other seed companies that offer heirloom varieties and good gardening 
information include:

Fedco Seeds
P.O. Box 520
Waterville, ME 04903 
(Fedco is a cooperative seed co. that specializes in varieties adapted to a 
cold climate)

Abundant Life Seed Foundation
P.O. Box 772
Port Townsend, WA  98368
$2.00 for catalog.  non-profit corporation "...whose purposes are: to 
acquire, propagate and preserve the plants and seeds of the native and 
naturalized flora of the North Pacific Rim with particular emphasis on 
those species not commercially available, including rare and endangered 
species; to provide information on plant and seed propagation; to aid in 
the preservation of native and naturalized plants through cultivation..."

J.L. Hudson, Seedsman
P.O. Box 1058
Redwood City, California, 94064

The Ethnobotanical Catalog of Seeds ($1.00) features an incredible variety 
of unusual cultivars; includes trees, shrubbery, flowers, vegetables.  
Incredible diversity of selection.

Peace Seeds
P.O. Box 190
Gila, NM  88038
catalog - $4.00
Organic & wildcrafted seed, hard to find cultivars, 

There are many, many more seed companies of note.  These are just a few 
that I know of -- all of which express concern for preserving diversity 
through collection & propagation of heirloom and native varieties.  

Enjoy perusing these catalogs, hope your gardening season is filled with 
surprises & new varieties.  Cheers, Sharon