Subject: Re: Weed Killer

From: [email-masked] (Stark Mad)
Date: 21 Jul 1994 13:19:15 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(Linda L Peters) writes:

>>I do not know where a particular person posted if
>>it was rec.gardens or some other group ---- I read
>>a lot of groups-but I will try here --- someone posted
>>a recipe for grass and weed killer where you mix
>>vinegar and salt - this is not harmful to animals and
>>is not toxic to other plants - they also said it really works....
>>Could you please post this again --I wrote it down and lost it
>> --- don't know the proportions of vinegar to salt.  Thanks
>>very much......
>>Linda L. Peters
>>[email-masked]

Hi, Linda...

I'm the culprit who originally posted the weed-killer recipe on
alt.gardens. I almost decided not to post to your inquiry publicly since
my suggestion caused so many flames, both on-board and in email.  But I'm
going to post it anyway, keeping in mind the fact that said flamers most
likely simply lack common sense--I never suggested that this recipe be
used without any sort of caution. The formula *is*, BTW, damaging to other
plants.

The recipe is as follows:

 -1 pound of salt
 -1 Gallon of white Vinegar

As I said in a previous post, this stuff is great for killing weeds that
are situated in sidewalk cracks, on gravel driveways, etc.  It's true that
you don't want to add too much salt and/or acid to any soil that you plan
on cultivating in the future, however.

 -MarkWK

     ..::the sparrows are flying again::..