Subject: Re:How Does Roundup Work?

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Mascheck)
Date: 19 Jul 94 13:31:00 GMT

LJ.SO, How DOES Roundup Work??  I am against using herbicides and I garden
.completely organically.  I would like to know more about the toxicity of
.Roundup and what supposedly innocuous chemicals it leaves in the weed
.matter and the soil.  Perhaps the data would convince more gardeners to
.grow organically; the diatribes don't make much of an impact.

Roundup is probably one of the safer compounds ever 
developed(contrary to what many think). Roundup is neutralized by the 
microbes in the soil immediatly upon contact! It (Roundup) desrupts 
several metabolic functions in the plant. I might add, it will not 
control all weeds, as many would have you think! It works great around 
fence lines, ringing trees. We use it selectively in agriculture by 
placing Roundup in a rope wick, which is connected to the front end of 
a tractor. The rope inserted in the plastic pipe, wicks the roundup out 
of the pipe, and while driving in soybeans or cotton, allows the wiping 
of tall johnsongrass due to the johnson grass being taller than the 
crops. Works great, saves money, as well as your not spraying the whole 
area with chemicals. Chemicals cost plenty! 

No farmer wants to use more than they need, or expose themselves to 
something that is harmful.

.
Dan
---
. 1st 1.01 #14 . KOWABUNGA!!!

----
+------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Ye Olde Bailey BBS Zyxel 713-520-1569(V.32bis) Hayes 713-520-9566 (V.FC)|
|   Houston,Texas             yob.com           Home of alt.cosuard      |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------+