Subject: Re: Home-made Pesticide

From: "Nick & Pat" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Jul 1994 21:08:37 -0300

On Mon, 18 Jul 1994 21:03:01 GMT, 
[email-masked]  <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Does anyone there in Cyberland know how to make an effective (and cheap) 
>organic pesticide?  Any info would be appreciated.  Thank you and Happy 
>gardening.
Depending on what you want to get rid of: This works great on aphids white 
flies spidermits etc. It does not smell great but I was able to get rid of 
several bad bug infestations with it.
Chop 2 bulbs of garlic, add 1 tablespoon vegetable or mineral oil, let sit 
overnight. mix some soap (either slivers of hand soap or soap flakes 
1/4cup) in 2 cups hot water. compine the two mixtures and strain. you can 
put 1/2 this mixture in 1 gallon of water and spray on plants.Repeat daily 
for a couple of days

you can also use a chopped garlic and onion mixture diluted in water and 
sprayed. or hot jalapeno peppers pureed in water.

Good luck  Pat
 --
 Nick van Stigt & Pat Bryan, Waverley, NS, Canada.
 [email-masked]