Subject: Garden/Landscaping Design Software for Windows

From: [email-masked] (Gordon Marwood)
Date: 31 Dec 1994 20:37:29 GMT

I imagine that this is a regularly asked question, though I can't seem
to find a FAQ for this group, so here it is .....

Can anyone provide any recommendations for flower garden/landscaping 
design software for MS Windows, which includes the following 
characteristics.

	o It contains plants suitable for northern climates (southern
	  Canada).  A capability to add one's own plant descriptions
	  would also be very useful.

	o Hardcopies of plans can be produced in colour (e.g. Canon
	  BJC-600) without the use of other major sofware packages.

	o 3-D walk-through (or at least 3-D views can be provided).

Any comments on the general utility of such software would also be
appreciated.

Thank you
Gordon Marwood
Internet: [email-masked]

---

From: Jeff Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Jan 1995 20:35:35 GMT

>design software for MS Windows, which includes the following 

Gordon, 
There is a CDrom for Windows that covers everything you asked for. I am
not sure if the program comes on diskette though. The company is called
BOOKS THAT WORK. I couldn't tell you how good it works, I'm waiting for
the MAC version to come out.  I also don't have an postal address for the
company, but I do have an email address of the marketing guy:
Tom Bradshaw  [email-masked]

Hope this helps.

Jeff Martini

---

From: [email-masked] (Dick Gilman)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 22:46:56 GMT

There are two programs that I found.

LandDesignerpro - Green thumb software - 75 manhattan dr. ste 100 -
boulder co 80303 - 800-336-3127 - 303499-1388 price 395.00 call
for information

Landcadd for windows - 7388 s revere pkw bldg 900 ste 901-902
englewood co 80112-3942 phone 800-876-5263 - 303-799-3600 This
package works under autocadd as well as windows.  This is a very
high level package. 

They will send demos out of both to show results.  I have ordered
the demos and will let you know.