Subject: Re: Book on weeds?

From: "James Ware" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 95 17:48:54 CST

On 24 Jan 1995 15:50:29 -0500, 
JSTONE9352  <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a good book on weeds.?

The weed is in the eye of the beholder. Some people spend their spring days 
trying to kill off Spiderwort while to others it is a treasured perennial. 
Others do the same with Queen Anne's Lace or Morning Glory vines. One lady 
who had just moved into my neighborhood during the winter asked me what 
she could do with all those blessed weeds she had in the back. Turned out 
to be daylilies with cold damage to their foilage. My worst pest is a 
creeper called "Wild Strawberry" that many locals rave about as a ground 
cover. It just makes me rave, period.

All kidding aside, such a book would be of great use. I would love to see 
one with pictures/illustrations of the "weed" at differant stages in its 
life cycle.

============================================================================
                                _______
                               /       |
   James R. Ware              /        |
                             /         |   [email-masked]
   MS Dept. of Archives      |         |   
   Systems Administrator     \         |
   100 S. State St.           |        |   PHONE: (601) 359-6888     
   P.O. Box 571               /        |   FAX:   (601) 359-6905        
   Jackson, MS 39205-0571    /         |
                            |______    |
                                  /    |
                                  \____|
============================================================================