Subject: Seed Company wants your feedback

From: [email-masked] (Matthew Furry)
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 95 11:40:39 MST

I have seen a few posts here that question when Seed Companies will get 
on-line.  I'm the in-house propeller head for a seed company in Alberta.  
I've been on the net for a while, and I've seen some of the reaction to 
the commercial users (not always positive!).
 
I would like to get some feedback (FEEDBACK, not flames!) on what the 
users in this group think.  What I would like to do initially is set up 
an account for the company on a local provider and respond to mail 
requests for catalogues.  We may also be able to respond to unusual 
request and questions.  Eventually (Lighting my pipe, stoking the fire 
and leaning back...) I would like to set up a web server with our 
catalogue on-line.
 
PLEASE note.  This address is on a local BBS.  I've already been scolded 
(justifiably) for trying to FTP by mail.  If I can build a good case for 
the above, I'll finally have a toy budget!  Until then, please don't get 
me in trouble by sending your thesis by mail.
 
 Thanks Matt Furry
 
**************************************************************************
*  Matthew Furry    [email-masked]                         *
**************************************************************************

--
Matthew Furry   [email-masked]   
Edmonton Remote Systems   Serving Edmonton/Northern Alberta since 1982

---

From: [email-masked] (Dick Gilman)
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 1995 18:09:04 GMT

Well Matt the purpose of any newsgroup is really about
information.  We join this group to find things out.  My local
newspapers gardner is famous for saying xyz plant is great and
does well in this area but dont ask where you can get it or seeds
or anything else.  So we have to talk among ourselves to find
information pro or con on different subjects.  Seed questions,
compost questions plant questions.  Do I care that you are a seed
company no.  Not if you are going to help me with my problems.  If
you recomend things and I can get them from you or locally I will
probably buy them from you if you help me.  I like to keep in
business those that keep me in business.  If you can involve the
other horticultirst/botanists/gardeners at your company to
participate so much the better.