Subject: Re: Gardening book for colder climates

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 1994 14:33:24 GMT

On Fri, 30 Dec 1994 12:04:00 -0800, 
Nicholas Wiley  <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I agree with Don.  You just need to look harder.  There must be a local 
>community extension with such info.  I know of at least one book called 
>"Organic Gardening in Colder Climates" but can't remember the author's 
>name.  Keep looking and good luck!
>Kathleen
>
>On 22 Dec 1994 [email-masked] wrote:
>
>> G Mcclelland ([email-masked]) wrote:
>> : I live in zone 4-5; does anyone know of a garden book that is not loaded 
>> : with subtropical and tender plants.  Sure, I like the Sunset Garden book, 
>> : but sorting out the hardy plants is tedious.
>> 
>> You just have to look harder :-)  I'm in Edmonton, Alberta (zone 3) and 
>> there is lots of info available.  Seriously, you should try looking at 
>> some regions with colder climates than California and try adapting their 
>> suggestions to your climate.
>> 
>> Don
>> 
>> 
>
There is an older, out-of-print book called "Flower Growing in the North" 
that is still quite good.  Intended for zones 3 and 4.  Your public library 
should have scads of info.

John