Subject: Re: Florida Plant Book?

From: [email-masked] (Debbie DeNeese)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 1994 10:21:29 -1812

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (Amy M. Alexander) wrote:

  > I am looking for a book on Florida (especially North Central Florida) 
  > plants.  Does anyone know of a good one?

With the diversity of plants we have down here, I found that several books
served the purpose better than any one, but the two which went into the
most detail were:

   _Florida Landscape Plants_ (by John V. Watkins and Thomas J. Sheehan)
   published by the University Presses of Florida, Gainesville

   The illustrations are not in color but are of such great detail and with 
   such excellent descriptions I'm using it most for my "wish list"

   _Florida, My Eden_ (by Frederic B. Stresau)
   published by Florida Classics Library, PO Box 1657, Port Salerno, FL 34992

   Many color photos and lots of good info.  Grouped by categories and with
   cultural advice.

I think the only thing I can count on besides weeding will be purchasing
more books to armchair-browse the enormous variety of flora available to
us down here!  These two should get you off to a good start, though.