Subject: HID lighting and plant stands

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 12:48:12 GMT

Does anyone know of any net resources for High intensity discarge lighting on 
the net. I'm thinking of going that route rather than fluorescents for a 
basement growing area. Questions on high poressure sodium vs. metal halide. 
Also are there any plans or hints on how to set up the growing area? Plans for 
the plant stands, etc?
Thanks
Gerry Mueller

---

From: dione@hercules (Matt Cheselka)
Date: 28 Dec 1994 14:13:21 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:

: Does anyone know of any net resources for High intensity discarge lighting on 
: the net. I'm thinking of going that route rather than fluorescents for a 
: basement growing area. Questions on high poressure sodium vs. metal halide. 
: Also are there any plans or hints on how to set up the growing area? Plans for 
: the plant stands, etc?
: Thanks
: Gerry Mueller

Gerry,

Check out the Dec 1994 issue of Organic gardening, page 56.  A pretty good 
article about growlights.  Although I have to complain that their spectral
colors are COMPLETELY wrong.

Cheers,

Matt Cheselka

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
M Cheselka, Philomat                     Center for Astronomical Adaptive Optics
internet: [email-masked]           Steward Observatory
(602) 621-1624