Subject: Natural Predators

From: [email-masked] (Brad Jerman)
Date: 10 Jan 1995 12:12:38 GMT

A few questions in one post (Please feel free to address any or all);

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a natural predator for
Japanese beatles or June bugs???  Bats maybe? Praying mantis?

Does anyone know of a supplier of Lady bugs by mail? 

Do bat boxes/homes really work?

Are there mechanical bug catchers that work well? What about those
sticky red balls to protect apple trees? Are stink traps the only
way to reduce fly populations?

I have 4.2 acres with pond, garden and orchard and would like to keep
the place as natural as I can...  
The dog's, kid's, neighbor's and spouse's well being, is my primary
concern (although not necessarily in that order :). 

Thanks in advance,
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+  Bradley S. Jerman                                                      +
+  [email-masked]                                                    +
+  My opinions are my own, I just "wish" they were other people's.        +
+                                                                         +
+  No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest     +
+  reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as +
+  a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.    +
+     - Thomas Jefferson, June 1776.                                      +
+         1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C. J. Boyd, Ed., 1950)          +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++