Subject: Herb Business

From: [email-masked] (Garlandroz)
Date: 9 Jan 1995 19:52:15 -0500

Hi---
   I am hoping that someone out there can advise me as to the best way to
start making a little income on the side selling herbs.  I have done alot
of research and reading about making herbal products (vinegars, oils,
soap, candles, etc.) and have collected quite a number of recipes, but I
don't know if it would be more profitable to try and sell these kind of
items or just stick with potted herb plants, and packages of cut herbs to
cook with.  
   I have a greenhouse and it is about 2/3rds full of a variety of
herbs---all doing well despite the fluctuation of our North Texas weather.
(It was below freezing all last week and in the 70's this week!!!)  I just
would like to make a little money with them, and need some guidance as to
the easiest and best way to approach this.
   Thanks for any information!
Roz Garland              ([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (Gerald W. Roe)
Date: 10 Jan 1995 08:07:49 GMT

I have a file on my BBS called Herbfarm.txt. It is a serious,
specific, technical treatise on starting an herb business. I 
think it would be too long to send as a message, but you might
want to call the BBS and download it. The number is 503-843-4214.
There is another file called Outlooks.txt which discusses the
possibilities for production of herbs as a cash crop. There is
also a large archive of things herbal at ftp.sunsite.unc.edu
-- 
Trans-Pacific Nursery        Rare and Exotic Plants
Email catalog available      Timber Press books discounted

---

From: [email-masked] (Gerald W. Roe)
Date: 10 Jan 1995 08:07:49 GMT