Subject: farm gardens (fwd)

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 1995 22:39:59 -0500

------- start of forwarded message -------
>From: [email-masked] (Lisa Nunamaker-Orgler)
Newsgroups: misc.rural
Subject: farm gardens
Date: 28 Dec 1994 21:06:23 GMT
Organization: Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa (USA)

I am researching the roles gardens played in the lives of Iowa farm women
during 1900-1930.  Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on
information related to this topic?  I am specifically looking for women's
diaries, journals, letters, and pictures   from that time period.  I am
interested in how the woman related to her garden beyond its utilitarian
function, such as aesthetics, escape, passing down family and cultural
traditions, etc.  Any ideas would be helpful.  thanks!
-- 
Lisa L Orgler
[email-masked]
------- end of forwarded message -------