Subject: Re: H Pepper seedlings - top / trim?

From: [email-masked] (Braid/Mandale)
Date: 19 Feb 1995 09:26:29 -0400

We find that all kinds of different peppers grow to different sizes - it is
not surprising the habeneros are behaving - they tend to be bushy and
stocky anyway.  You should probably try "pinching" out the tops of at least
half of the other peppers to see if that will slow them down - also
providing a cooler environment will slow them down...we live in Nova Scotia
Canada and start our peppers in February/March to go outside in June - hope
this helps.

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (BREENMT)
wrote:

> I think I started some of my Hot Peppers a little too early and now find
> myself with some Hungarians, Anehiems and native Arbols that seem (to me)
> a little large considering that it is still feb.!  
> 
> Questions is... should I top them and let them branch out?  My lighting
> stand can only go up to 10-14 inches from ground up.  The Habeneros are
> behaving themselves quite nicely... but these others... well... live and
> learn about planting times...
> 
> Can I top these guys and still have a nice crop or do I have to build
> another stand that allows a little more latitude?
> 
> Any pointers from pepper folks would be 'mucho appreciated'.
> 
> Michael  :-()  Mas calor, sabor y olor - Just a saying in Jalisco, MX

-- 
Goodbye from 
Braid/Mandale