Subject: alternative to PT wood

From: [email-masked] (Cara Anthony)
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 1995 00:02:57 -0800

My apologies if this is repeated information (I did not follow the PT wood
debate), but I just read about a product called Trex, made from recycled
plastic and wood fibers.  It is used as an alternative to pressure-treated
wood and is produced by Mobil.  In this neck of the woods it is sold by
Boston Building Materials Co-op.  Their phone number is (617) 442-2262 and
they could probably tell you more about it or refer you to someone at
Mobil.
Cara Anthony

---

From: Susan Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Mar 1995 14:43:48 GMT

>plastic and wood fibers.  It is used as an alternative to
pressure-treated

Yeah, I just saw some plastic trellis this week-end at Builder's Square
that actually didn't look too bad.  It was a light brown, kind of the
color of corrugated cardboard but a little lighter, not shiny, and had a
wood grain.  Since they had it on a rack up over my head I didn't get a
close look at it but will be looking at it more closely as the season
gets here.  I wasn't totally convinced it wasn't wood until I saw the
label on it.  Worth checking out.                                   -Sue
Sanders

---

From: Susan Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Mar 1995 14:43:48 GMT