Subject: Re: Children's Garden

From: "Dave Allen (Better Business Solutions)" <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Feb 1995 05:01:52 GMT

I made a mistake about that children's bookon gardening. I thought it was called 
plant a rainbos but it was as below.... Although it explains about planting a garden 
it is really more of a picture book for very young children. 
 Here is a list of all the gardening books I could find in a hurry in my wife's library. 
She is a Montessori teacher -and teacher trainer and has about 2000 books in her 
children's library.
 _Planting a Rainbow_ by Lois Ehlert, published by  Harcourt Brace Jovanovich 
(1988)- ISBN 0-15-262610 -7 (pbk)
_Look, Mom, It's Growing_ by Ed Fink, pub by A.B.Morse Co. (1976)  ISBN 
unknown
_The Victory Garden Alphabet Book_ by Jerry Pallotta & Bob Thompson pub by 
Charlesbridge Pub ISBN 0-88106-468-8 (softcover)
_Grow it for Fun_ by Wendy Boise, Pub by Scimitar, UK ISBN 0-241-10068-2
_The Flower Alphabet Book_ by Jerry Patolla pub by Charlesbridge 1988 ISBN 0-
88106-453-X
_A Tree is Nice_ by Janice May Udry, pub by Harper & Row 1956 ISBN 0-06-
443147-9 (1987 reprint) Caldecott Medal
_The Tiny Seed_ by Eric Carle, pub by Scholastic1987, ISBN 0-590-42566-8
_A Very Young Gardener_ by Jill Krementz, pub by Dial Books for Young Readers 
1991 ISBN 0-8037-0874-0
_Looking at Plants_ by David Suzuki, pub by Stoddard Young Readers 1985 
ISBN 0-7737-5039-8
and probably the BEST for ACTUAL GARDENING
__A Kid's First Book of Gardening_ by Derek Fell, Running Press, 1989 ISBN 0-
89471-750-2 ($9.95)
A note in the last book states:
"This book may be ordered by mail from the publisher. Please add $2.50 for 
postage and handling for each copy. But try your bookstore first!
Running Press Book Publishers
125 South Twenty-second Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103

> Opinions expressed are my own.  Any resemblance to other opinions
> living or dead are purely coincidental.
> --------------------