Subject: martha coming to the internet

From: [email-masked] (Debra Roby)
Date: 2 Mar 1995 01:56:44 GMT

After all the discussions of Martha Stewart lately, thought it would be
interesting to note that Martha plans on getting an internet account and
reading some these newsgroups.  She is anxious to be able to E-mail.

Wonder what she would have said/done/thought about some of our comments?

Please, someone, post her address when you find it out.

---

From: [email-masked] (Sherry Bailey)
Date: 2 Mar 1995 22:41:47 GMT

There is a FAQ of "famous people on the net" in the news.groups newsgroup, so
probably if/when she's out there, they will spot her!

(Well, if sh'e smart, she will lurk and see what people say -- I imagine
anybody who takes a rather extreme stance like hers gets teased -- witness her
"I'm retiling my pool" credit card ad! She can probably take it, although some
of us might phrase things a bit more kindly if we know she might be listening!
Nobody want's to deliberately wound her, we just think she's... um...
unrealistic??)

(Hi, Martha!)

Sherry ;^)

---

From: [email-masked] (Lynsey Gedye)
Date: 5 Mar 95 15:12:34 GMT-12

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Sherry Bailey) writes:
>There is a FAQ of "famous people on the net" in the news.groups newsgroup, >so probably if/when she's out there, they will spot her!
>(Hi, Martha!)
>
>Sherry ;^)

  Hi Sherry

  OK, I give up.  Who or what is Martha?
  Don't tell me the US is having another election and we're
  gonna have a netfull of did/didn't/is/isn't.  Is Martha
  Bill Clinton's latest squeeze/real estate/financial/
  scandal?

  What we should discuss is Chloe, the face that launched
  a thousand slippers, and why she should have the first
  scratch and sniff postage stamp.

--
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Lynsey Gedye)
Date: 5 Mar 95 15:12:34 GMT-12

Hi Sherry

--
[email-masked]

---

From: Mary F <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Mar 1995 02:49:12 GMT

> Nobody want's to deliberately wound her, we just think she's... um...
-----------------

If Martha comes to the net I'm sure she is forewarned
about flamers etc.  And sherry, I agree with you that she will
probably *lurk* for a while.  But she may be like many of the
other celabraties and just read our  posts to gather
information rather than respond.  If they respond they open themselves
up to chaos.  If they just read then they gain lots of info without 
hearing what they might consider petty or constructive criticism!!

Youe post was good!!

mary f.