Subject: septic helpers

From: [email-masked]
Date: 5 Mar 1995 22:53:09 GMT

There are 2 kinds of helpers, one is bacterial/enzymatic which
will do nothing for your system, since it is already full of
bacteria that will out-compete the additives.  The other type \
of helper is chemical something related to dry cleaning fluids, which
will dissolve fats and other items in the septic tank and 
carry them over to the drainfield where they will re-solidify
and plug the drainfield.  Don't use either.
    As for bio-mass, it develops around the pipes in the drain-
field and is what "treats" the bacteria.  You want it in your 
system.
              - A former inspector, Debbie

---

From: [email-masked] (Walter Vose Jeffries)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 95 11:48:06 EST

In article <[email-masked]> (misc.rural,rec.gardens), [email-masked] () writes:
> This maybe a bit off this thread but if the problem is keeping
> the system active would it be a good thing to add oxygen to the
> system via some form of an air pump.  I see how the water will
> bring oxygen into the system which is good on one hand but adds
> to the saturation problem...why not simply add the oxygen supply
> via a pipe/pump much like a fish tank?  Any thoughts?

Actually, these are anarobic bacteria which means they prefer
no oxygen as I understand it. O2 would kill them.

----------------------------------------------------------------
BlackLightning, Riddle Pond Rd, West Topsham, Vermont 05086  USA
Sales: 1-800-252-2599 x01 or (802) 439-6462   Fax:(802) 439-6463
For wild ideas in laser printing & desktop publishing send email
subject:INDEX,TRANSFER TONER,FLASH MAGAZINE to:[email-masked]