Subject: Re: Getting rid of junipers

From: [email-masked] (Steven M. Begley)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 14:43:01 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (L. R. Fortney) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (L. R. Fortney)
>Subject: Re: Getting rid of junipers
>Date: 27 Feb 1995 13:22:43 GMT

>In article <[email-masked]>,
>[email-masked] (Brad Soe) wrote:

>> I would like to know the easiest way to get rid of a large juniper. It is
>> very old and probably 12' X 12'. What is the most efficient way? Is there
>> some kind of chemical treatment I can use to get rid of it?
>> 

It's hard to say what to do with you juniper without seeing it. Consider this: 
If it has any value, a local landscaper or nursery man might want it. Get on 
the phone and see if someone is willing to come dig it up. You shouldn't 
expect to get anything for it but if you can find someone willing to take it 
away and replace the soil they removed with the root ball, it sounds like a 
win-win deal!
Steven

---

From: [email-masked] (TS HOUSTON )
Date: 6 Mar 1995 19:42:05 GMT

>> I would like to know the easiest way to get rid of a large juniper. It is

(sorry if I'm replying to the wrong article,  but a) I'm new and b) I don't have the original).
Easiest way to get rid of the Juniper is to post the original request on
rec.arts.bonsai.  You'll be inundated with offers for a tree that size...
Tom

---

From: [email-masked] (TS HOUSTON )
Date: 6 Mar 1995 19:42:05 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (Alice A. Harman)
Date: 6 Mar 1995 20:37:04 -0800

I faced a similar problem -- four junipers, 5x5' and dead in the 
center where the previous owner had chopped them down.  Since I couldn't 
do the winch think, I did the Japanese-style-bonsai-kinda thing.  It took 
a while, but those junipers are now large, open shrubs, with a mini 
woodland forest underneath.  I get lots of comments; upkeep is simple as 
pie, and they look good.  
	Do you really have to take yours out?  A 12' juniper ought to 
make a beautiful bonsai, done properly.
-- 
Alice Harman <[email-masked]>