Subject: PROPOSED REORGANIZATION>rec.gardens

From: [email-masked] (Sheila Sim)
Date: 19 Feb 1995 14:34:37 -0500

I'm so new to this game I'm not even sure how to get my postings through, 
let alone respond to one.  But as a 4 year (probably very much a novice 
to many of you!!) gardener, I've found the broad category of rec.gardens 
perfectly sufficient.  I'm using TIN so I guess that helps categories 
some of the discussion and I just discovered the ^D to go down a whole 
page at time if I don't want to read the articles on it ... WOW!! Who 
invented this stuff!  Anyway, the broad category gives me the opportunity 
to browse through and discover a neat articles that I might not have gone 
looking for elsewhere.  

I remember someone posting a request to the group that we identify 
ourselves (location and zone) for referenece.  That was certainly a good 
point ... and I've noticed the improvements since.  Along the same lines, 
I think if all users define their subject carefully, readers can pick and 
choose the articles they want to read.  

Since I only get to it once/week, like someone else mentioned, I find it 
really necessary to pick the key interests but like having a single 
source of possible articles. 

For what it's worth.  Let's hope this gets through (wish me luck!!) and 
if anyone out there can give me a few quick pointers on how to use tin 
and save files for future reference I'd be forever grateful!!!  I know 
you're not there to coach on computer processes, but the commercial 
server I've connected to have not been tremendously helpful with this.  
Is there a book on using Tin that I should look for?  

Anyway, thanks for all the great gardening articles - I've got a quarter 
acre in a small town and have discovered the joy and serenity of 
gardening (even in Southern Ontario Clay!!)

Sheila Sim (zone 5-6)
([email-masked])