Subject: Re: Plant Labels

From: [email-masked] (Bolduc Diane)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 16:14:10 GMT

I have seen a label solution in a public garden that I visited
few years ago. They were using plastic bands embossed by machine (I don't
recall the name but we see a lot of publicity on it). I've also seen manual
one's with a letters weel that does the same thing. They glued the black 
plastic label to the hard part planted in the soil. I don't recall if it 
had a lot of informations on it but at least the name was on :-)

	I guess if you want to put more informations on your label, you can
glue your plastic bands on a precut piece of fiberglass the size you want
(1/16" tick or more, ask someone in Home-Depot, I think I've seen some there).
You glue the fiberglass on the one you plant in the soil or you can just glue
a metal, a wood or a plastic stick to it. Of course you always glue every
parts (even the labels) with hot glue.

	Hope it helps,

	Diane
	[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Joan Lane)
Date: 5 Mar 1995 02:03:57 GMT

I have been using those styrofoam meat trays.
I cut them up to resemble markers and then write on them.
When you write on them with a ball point pen you are actually
inscribing  on them.  They seem to hold up fairly well and I like the idea   
of somehow recycling those styrofoam trays.
Joan

-- 

q