Subject: Re: chipper/clipper/shredder

From: [email-masked] (Gabrielle)
Date: 19 Feb 1995 01:47:20 GMT

Our local "Sam's Club" has an MTD chipper/shredder that I have
almost purchased several times! :) Now that our community has
started a yard refuse program, I figure this would be a worthwhile
item to get.

Any thoughts on MTD stuff? I have a mower and a great rear-tine
tiller from MTD, and have been pleased with both.

Gaby

--

---

From: [email-masked] (Dick Gilman)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 00:07:33 GMT

I recently bought a yardman 8hp chipper/shredder.  I paid 460.00
new for it.  A large chain is going out of business here and i got
it 25% off of 580.00 price.  It does very well.  I have chipped a
very large pile of brush and pine straw down to a nice
mulch/dirt.  It is loud - I have hearing protectors.  The discharge
chute is a little small so stuff has a tendency to clog especially
if wet.  But alot of chippers have problems with wet material.  I
have chipped pine trees that are 3 inches across and it takes them
fine.  It has a bag to chip the stuff into which is nice so that
stuff doesnt blow all over the place.  Although the irish setter
loves to chase the blowing debris!  I have waited for quite awhile
for a chipper I dont think this machine is as good as a troy bilt
or kemp but it does a very good job for me and for under 500 it is
pretty hard to beat.  I did find out later after I had bought the
machine that troy bilt sells reconditioned equipement.  I do not
know if this is true but you might want to check that out as
well. 

  In article <[email-masked]>,
Norikon ([email-masked]) writes: >I'm looking for 8hp chipper
clipper shredder all in one with the price >range of $500 to 1.000. I
collected all the literatures and visited some >dealers but I've been
indecisive. I would appreciate any story of your own >experience.
>We have a big yard with so many big and small trees and also incredibly
>many wild blackberries to whack all Summer long.
>