Subject: Re: Heat & Light for Seeds

From: [email-masked] (Stan)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 01:31:24 GMT

<[email-masked]>
Organization: IQuest Network Services
X-Newsreader: WinVN 0.91.6

In article 
<[email-masked]>, "J. 
Conybeare" <[email-masked]> says:
>
>Am I naive to think that old fashioned rubber heating pads filled with 
hot
>water a few times a day would aid germination?  All I've ever done till
>now has been given them all some time on top of the water heater or
>operating clothes dryer.  After germination they go under fluorescent
>lights.  No pampering.  No thermostats or timers.  They
>all seem to germinate eventually. 
>

if you are satisfied with the results, i would not change a thing...
although a heating pad made especially for seedling germination does
work well.

---

From: [email-masked] (TIGIBSON)
Date: 8 Mar 1995 09:38:13 -0500

do seedlings have to have artificial light? i'd like to get by with a
southern exposure. input please.
ti

tigibson