Subject: Re: 2nd RFD: rec.plants.*

From: [email-masked] (Richard Sexton)
Date: 19 Feb 1995 13:01:12 -0500

(x-posted to rec.gardens because the denizens there need to be infored of
this; i don't want to give them the impression they're being left out. 
Followups directed to news.groups, where any discussion will ensue)

I'm not advocating the removal or splitting of rec.gardens.

I'd like to move some existing groups into a rec.plants hierarchy,
create some groups that have been asked for over the last year (under
rec.plants, not .gardens) and provide namespace for future plant
newsgroups.

Noted is .bonsai's objection to .plants (I have had no response to
my proposiiton that there should maybe be two bonsai groups, rec.arts
and rec.plants, the former concerned with aesthetics the latter with 
horticulture; Hud ?)

In article <[email-masked]>,
Nicholas Plummer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>So, why don't we leave the tree torturers ;-) and outdoor gardeners where
>they are and just set up a new hierarchy for the various specialist plant
>groups which are bound to be formed in the not to distant future.  These
>groups will be harder to find if they are lurking under rec.gardens
>
>rec.plants.orchids
>rec.plants.aquatic  
>rec.plants.cacti
>etc, etc

Capital idea. 

-- 
      "Who are these men who would lead us now ?" - Gordon Lightfoot

  Richard J. Sexton  /  VRx Network Services, Inc.  /  [email-masked]