Subject: bamboo and ivy problem

From: [email-masked] (Joel Golden)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 09:29:35

I have a big clump of bamboo that is maturing and shooting all over. How can I 
get rid of this? 

 Also, my yard is becoming overwhelmed with english ivy.   How can I  get rid 
of it as well.   I pull up what I can  but theres too much of it.

---

From: PATTIBELLE <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 95 00:46:08 -0500

Try the purple-banded Roundup which is the strongest.  Also, Lily puts
out an herbicide that is banned in CA.  I got some in NV and used it, but
ivy is VERY hard to kill and you'll be fighting it for years to come.
Same with the bamboo.  Unfortunately, in my neighborhood one neighbor
sued another over the bamboo, causing a lot of hard feelings.  It can
be a real pest, as can the ivy.
 
Pat in Napa, CA

---

From: Toni Haun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 09:03:59 -0800

quickest and easiest is to move to a different house without said pests. 
otherwise, you will need extraordinary perseverence and a strong back. a 
backhoe would be nice, and depending on how far the bamboo has spread, a 
nuclear device would be good. sorry.

:\

---

From: [email-masked] (Steven M. Begley)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 16:11:57 GMT

Roud-Up, like voting, do it early and often! with persistence, you just might 
break even.

>I have a big clump of bamboo that is maturing and shooting all over. How can 
I >get rid of this?