Subject: Re: Mexican Sage

From: Chris Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Feb 1995 06:37:11 GMT

I have successfully grown Mexican sage from cuttings...I also love
my plant...Have you tried Cleveland Sage or Pineapple sage?  My
Pineapple Sage is now in full bloom.

Christy

[email-masked] (Sarah A Sieling) wrote:
>
> 
> 
> Has anyone tried growing Mexican Sage from seed if so where did you get the 
> seed?  I have looked in several catalogues but have not found it available.  I
> bought one plant last year and really loved it.  It looks like it should be
> easy to grown from seed if I could find it.
> 
>  Sarah

---

From: PATTIBELLE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 02:12:36 -0500

Sarah, why not divide the root?  I just did mine a couple of weeks ago
and they're now starting to sprout new leaves.  Spring at last???
 
Pat in Napa, CA

---

From: [email-masked] (Bob Beer)
Date: 1 Mar 1995 01:16:02 GMT

Which Mexican sage?  I grow S. patens from seed every year; that is one 
of the Mexican species.  I also have S. guaranitica and S. involucrata, 
but they don't set seed for me, probably they need more than one clone.  
You can get lots of Salvia species from Chiltern Seeds; several mexican 
ones are in there I believe.  Their address is:

Chiltern Seeds
Bortree Stile
Ulverston
Cumbria, LA12 7PB
England

You can pay by credit card in case you were wondering how to deal with 
the currency difference.

Bob

In article <[email-masked]>,