Subject: HELP: Need info re garden software

From: [email-masked] (Bob Boling)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 08:53:23

Hi,
     First, let me apologize if this topic has been discussed recently, but 
I'm a visitor to rec.gardens with an urgent request: what are your suggestions 
for useful garden layout programs for a PC??

My wife is an avid gardener, and has a birthday coming up next week.  I've 
hear of a program that contains quite a database of plants, and when the 
layout is done, lets you see the seasonal and yearly progression of the 
garden, in color and size.  I believe it is a windows program.  I am 
particularly interested in such a program, if it exists!

Many thanks for any advice.  We will be getting an internet access at home 
soon, so I'm sure she will be a frequent visitor to this group.

Please reply by email, to save bandwidth....thanks again!

Bob
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul Dineen)
Date: 6 Mar 1995 20:51:47 GMT

Bob Boling ([email-masked]) wrote:
: My wife is an avid gardener, and has a birthday coming up next week.  I've 
: hear of a program that contains quite a database of plants, and when the 
: layout is done, lets you see the seasonal and yearly progression of the 
: garden, in color and size.  I believe it is a windows program.  I am 
: particularly interested in such a program, if it exists!

: Please reply by email, to save bandwidth....thanks again!

  (I've emailed this to Bob.)

 "3D Landscape" may be the program you're thinking of.  I haven't seen
 it, but I've read several glowing reviews of it lately.  Two things I
 remember about it:  it allows you to look at the landscape from a
 variety of angles (not just ground level or top-down), and it allows
 you to "age" the landscape (see how things would look N years from
 now).  It run's on IBM-compatible PCs.  I don't know if it also runs
 on Apples.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul Dineen)
Date: 6 Mar 1995 20:51:47 GMT