Subject: Identify pink/green house plant

From: [email-masked]
Date: 3 Mar 95 09:25:33 CST

I have a houseplant that I bought unlabeled.  It is a foliage plant.  The
new leaves are mostly pink with green edges, changing to more green as the
leaf matures.

Ideas?

---

From: [email-masked] (Lynsey Gedye)
Date: 6 Mar 95 22:24:12 GMT-12

>new leaves are mostly pink with green edges, changing to more green as the

  Strobilanthes.

--
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Lynsey Gedye)
Date: 6 Mar 95 22:24:12 GMT-12

Strobilanthes.

--
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Cara Anthony)
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 1995 17:06:03 -0800

> new leaves are mostly pink with green edges, changing to more green as the

A common houseplant of this description is polkadot hypoestes.  Mine came
with directions to avoid full sun, but when it gets plenty of light the
leaves stay a rich green and pink.  Pinching the shoot tips will encourage
branching, but letting a few grow will allow you to see its fuzzy purple
blooms.  It likes a warm, humid location, and should be fertilized 1/4
strength each month in spring and summer.