Subject: Mail Order Plants

From: [email-masked] (Craig Brossman)
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 1995 12:45:50 -0700

I am considering ordering some plants from Miller Nursery, blueberry bushes
to be exact. They claim to be several years old and hardy enough for the
potential cold climate of a Colorado winter. 
I have little experience with mail order plants, and am concerned that I
will not receive anything usable. Has anybody out there used Miller? Should
I expect the best, or is it better for me to hunt around locally to try and
find what I want? 

-- 
Thanks ... Craig

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 01:10:00 GMT

CB> I am considering ordering some plants from Miller Nursery, blueberry
CB> bushes to be exact. They claim to be several years old and hardy
CB> enough for the potential cold climate of a Colorado winter.

I ordered blackberries from Gurney's this year and received bare root 
stock.. looked like three dead twigs with roots.. but they survived the 
trip just fine and they are treated with something so they don't die 
while they are in this state.

The mail order companies specialize in shipping plants out, so I 
wouldn't worry about it.

 * RM 1.3 01256 * Invertebrates make no bones about it.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 01:10:00 GMT