Subject: Windows-based Gardening software wanted...

From: [email-masked] (Stephen C Daukas)
Date: 1 Mar 1995 16:14:38 -0500

Greetings and Salutations...

I'm looking around for software that I can manage my garden with.

I'd like to see such features as layout, efficient use of space,
et al..  I'd also like to find a database of plants, soild preferences,
water needs, et al., but for fruit trees & shrubs as well.

I'm a big-time home gardener and, given my propensity for computers, would
love to get this sort of stuff on-line...

Can anyone provide me with a pointer of where to get started, perhaps a 
web site?

Thanks in advance and I'll post any info I get...

Regards,
Steve

--
Stephen C. Daukas
University of Massachusetts Medical School
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (keeneyj)
Date: 2 Mar 1995 15:14:43 GMT

>Thanks in advance and I'll post any info I get...
Hi Steve:
I use a shareware program called Jssi Garden.  It doesn't have all the features you're 
you're looking for, but its an excellent program for the money.

You can design an unlimited number of gardens with their draw program.
It interfaces with their database program, where you can keep track of
such details as plant variety, first flower (fruit), first harvest etc.
Plus each plant has a field to input misc data and notes.  It will sort
data in a variety of ways.  Its available on the CompuServe Gardening 
Form.

Joan Keeney
[email-masked]