Subject: Re: Starting plants indoors

From: [email-masked] (Craig Sinasac)
Date: 27 Feb 1995 01:02:54 GMT

Steve> Question 2:  Should I leave the grow bulb(s) on 24-hours a day?  I have
a timer that I have been thinking of using... say 14-hours on, 10 off.

Steve,

      Although I have no experience with vegetables, I currently have 600
annual flower seedlings on the go under gro-lights. Through the research I
have done, the recommended time is 14hrs +/- 2 hrs on per day. The minimum
height from the seedlings to the bulb should be 6-8 inches.

Hope this helps,

Craig Sinasac
Georgetown Ontario

---

From: [email-masked] (Stan)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 03:58:18 GMT

>a timer that I have been thinking of using... say 14-hours on, 10 off.

definately use the timer, but go with 16 to 18 hours on (24 hour cycle).

---

From: [email-masked] (Stan)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 03:58:18 GMT