Subject: In Search Of SNOWDROPS

From: [email-masked]. (Adina O'Connor)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 18:00:24 GMT

Can anybody direct me to a mail order place where i can buy snowdrop 
bulbs?  I have been looking for years, and i can't seem to find them 
anywhere.  

Please mail your responses directly to my email address, as i'm 
experiencing problems with my server.

Thank you in advance!!

Adina

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 01:08:00 GMT

AO> Can anybody direct me to a mail order place where i can buy snowdrop
AO> bulbs?  I have been looking for years, and i can't seem to find them
AO> anywhere.

They're native in Europe.  Maybe one of the readers abroad can help.

 * RM 1.3 01256 * Why experiment on animals with so many lawyers out there?

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 01:08:00 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (Martin Tom Brown)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 15:03:43 +0000

In article <[email-masked]>

> They're native in Europe.  Maybe one of the readers abroad can help.

Yes. And they are beautiful in flower now where I live in England.
I have never bought them from a dealer, and they are a little strange,
as they don't like drying out. After flowering they are offered for sale
"in the green" with leaves still attached. You can also buy dry bulbs
in late summer, but the success rate is much lower at restarting them.
They flower in damp cool woodlands, before the trees have leaves. If
you climate is unsuitable - too hot or too dry in summer they'll fry.

Two dealers listed in my gardening mag are:

	Florajac's, 
	Asholt Corner, March Road, Coldham, Cambridgeshire, PE14 0LP, UK
	Tel: +44 (0) 1945-8611116   FAX: +44 (0) 1945-860894

	Orchard Nurseries,
	Dept. TG, Orchard Place, Flint House Road, Three Holes,
	Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, PE14 9JN
	Tel: +44 (0) 354-638613

I can't recommend either as I have never bought any snowdrops. 
I have no idea whether or not they will export to the USA. 
Probably requires a phytosanitary certificate or somesuch,
you may need to check US regulations to be safe importing.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
-- 
Martin Brown  <[email-masked]>     __                CIS: 71651,470
Scientific Software Consultancy             /^,,)__/