Subject: Re: Horticulture database

From: [email-masked] (PhilSeib)
Date: 18 Feb 1995 20:53:05 -0500

Garden Database...  I have begun something similar - but using Filemaker
Pro (MAC, but runs on MAC-Wannabees as well).  Tedious and time
consuming...  I can appreciate anyone who has accomplished this before and
would also be quite willing to  buy one when found...

Anyone else out there????

Phil

---

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Crader)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 1995 22:45:40 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (PhilSeib)

> would also be quite willing to  buy one when found...

Have you tried 'PlantBase 1.5'? It's a FileMakerPro database of over 1,000
plants (mostly woodies, vines, etc.) that I downloaded about a year ago
from your very own AOL FileMaker area. I liked it so I bought the full
version, and now that I tweaked it to suit my needs I love it! Simple
design, works well. Try the keyword "FILEMAKER" at AOL

I don't know if the folks who wrote it are still around - -they haven't
responded to recent email but they are:

Intuitive Workings
[email-masked]
303-973-2837

I'd send you the demo but I trashed it long ago. Along with AOL (not that
there's anything wrong with AOL). Nothing's the same after you've drunk
from the Net with a SLIP/PPP firehose...

Kevin