Subject: Re: Beneficial Nematodes

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 2 Mar 1995 10:52:06 GMT

References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>

1/	What are they?  A microscopic worm?

Yes.

2/	Do they winter?  ie, do I put them on once and for years
and years, they continue to protect my yard and garden, or do I
have to put them on every year?  (I'm in about zone 5)

Some will overwinter, but I restock every year.

3/	I considered getting them and putting them on my house
plants, to take care of the Fungus Gnats that I have been having
trouble with.  Does this make sense?

Yes

Anybody have any experience with Nematodes?

They work great on the local cutworm population.  It has
been years since I found one in the soil.

Anybody have any experience with Gardens Alive?  ie. do their
	nematoedes have "more vitality" then their compedators
	brand X Nematodes?

Gardens Alive!  Is a very good, reputable company.  I have
always been satisfied with their products and service

Chris Owens