Subject: Re: REQUEST: indoor vines?

From: [email-masked] (Lynsey Gedye)
Date: 20 Feb 95 22:30:58 GMT-12

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Doug Vogt) writes:
>In a msg on <Feb 10 13:32>, [email-masked] of 1:1/31 writes:
> a> Hello!  Could anyone suggest a vine/hanging plant for my office?  

>Hoya purpurea, though not strictly a vine, sends out long cames that will
>curl around just about anything and has strongly scented purple and white
>flowers. Sorry I can't find a printed reference to this species. 
>H. bella is more common and makes a nice, smaller hanging plant. Mine
>hangs down about 2 feet below the top of the pot. H. Purpurea will hang
>down four feet or more but they can be trained up toward the ceiling. 

  Hoya bella make great hanger palnts, 'specially if you can take
  time out to lay back and ogle the squadrens of flowers.  I'd be a bit
  careful of the hoya vines tho', not because the aren't fabulous,
  but because some tend to dribble nectar out of the flowers.

  Fancy nice sticky nectar on your antique bokhara?  

  Well, on the other hand, mature sized, quality flowering hoyas are 
  hard to find, antique persian carpets can be found in any corner store.

--
[email-masked]