Subject: Re: 2nd RFD: rec.plants.*

From: [email-masked] (Craig Bingman)
Date: 19 Feb 1995 17:18:19 GMT

Well written, Kay.  There may or may not be justification for lumping
all the plant related newsgroups into one hierarchy, but saying that
the culture of orchids and bonsai do not constitute "gardening" is Not
one of them.  

Craig

---

From: [email-masked] (Meredith Morris-Babb)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 95 19:11:31 GMT

My memory maybe foggy, but I seem to remember Mr. Sexton doing the same
thing a while back to rec.pets.dogs vs. rec.wildlife.  This individual,
whether it be Mr. Sexton or no, chose to grab all the animal groups on the
Net and divide tham as he aw fit.  He could not have possibily read any of
then, because rec.pets.dogs was going through a ref. to split at that moment!

FYI.

Meredith Morris-Babb
"Those aren't typos - its a new language."

p.s. speaking of splits, wasn't there a ref. on this group aoubt, hmm.. six
months ago? I know .roses was created, but what about the other groups?  I
have been away for a few months, so I am somewhat at a loss....