Subject: Re: EUREKA! (It is found)

From: [email-masked] (Jon LaBadie)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 11:59:40 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, PATTIBELLE <[email-masked]> writes:
|> Eureka!  The poison oak which "got" me last fall finally leafed out and now I
|> can see why I caught such a bad case of it!

A similar anecdote.  When we purchased our current home, there
were two flower beds against the house.  They were made with
cinderblock and were about 6x6 ft and 6x20 ft.  The house had
been unoccupied for a long time and they were pretty crappy.

It was winter so my wife decided to clean up the weedy beds,
including these vines going up the posts of the deck.  These
vines just filled the bed.  She would pile them up for me to
shred in our new electric shredder.

We both came down with such bad cases of poison ivy that we
were on steroids for about 2 months.  Not knowing where it
came from, we still worked on the beds.  Probably extending
our infection.

Finally, still infected, we were at a nursery and the staffer
asked "have you been pulling any hairy roots".  Of course we
had, and now we know -- watch out for hairy roots!!  Also,
hairy vines on trees and deck posts!

jl
-- 
Jon H. LaBadie                  [email-masked]
 JG Computing                   [email-masked]
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)

---

From: PATTIBELLE <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 95 00:43:23 -0500

My deepese sympathies to you both!!!
 
Pat in Napa, CA