Subject: Where's a good place to get 'Hosta's' in Mass ???

From: [email-masked] (Testbed)
Date: 2 Mar 1995 14:04:48 GMT

Anyone out there have any recomendations?

	please post to this group since my reader won't accept e-mail.

	Thanks.

---

From: [email-masked] (Sherry Bailey)
Date: 2 Mar 1995 22:53:08 GMT

Testbed ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Anyone out there have any recomendations?

: 	please post to this group since my reader won't accept e-mail.

: 	Thanks.

While I'm sure there are good places in MA, I don't know of them.  Depending
on where you are in the state, though, you might try popping up to Wilton, NH
and going to "The House By the Side of the Road". They have excellent plants
and tons of hostas (a BIT later in the year!!!) and I think prices are good.

Take route 3 north to exit 8, take 101A north to Milford, and then take the
101 bypass toward Peterborough to the other side of Milford. (Or stay on 101A
and drive THROUGH Milford, if you like -- there's a rotory to deal with is
all...) At the 101A/Bypass junction, go I guess that would be west (a left
turn from the bypass, straight ahead from 101A, although at tat point is
beocmes 101 proper! [Welcome to New England Roads!] Go maybe two or three
miles, at a guess, past Wilton center and  after passing the
landfill/recycling center on the right, you will see a gas station on the left
and just past that The House By the Side of The Road. Usually there are a lot
of yard ornaments in front, and a long building with green houses after it,
with parking in front -- the nursery plants are behind, so you might not see
many from the road. (It's forest across from the place -- if you keep going
you will climb Temple Mountain and see ski lifts... too far!)

I'd say it's a half hour to 45 minutes from Nashua, so that will give you some
idea.

Hope that helps!

(Sorry for widespread posting -- I forgot this is a local issue and didn't
check!)

Sherry