Subject: Pretty in Purple: seeking these peppers

From: [email-masked] (James Moody)
Date: 6 Mar 1995 12:15:37 GMT

I placed an order a few weeks ago with Johnny's Selected Seeds, and one of
the items on my list was for a small hot (& ornamental) pepper called 
Pretty in Purple.  Johnny's is out of stock!  This variety is backorderd 
until NOVEMBER!

Nothing is certain in gardening so you learn to be flexible, but this was
a sore blow.  After several years my wife finally agreed to let me be
responsible for the front beds (she keeps commandeering my back beds and
I think she's finally got her hands full) and Pretty in Purple was to be
a major part in my design.  (I'm trying to make the front yard attractive 
and edible!)  

Pretty in Purple is a small compact plant with dark foliage.  It bears
small purple fruit that ripen to red.

Can anybody make an alternate suggestion?  Or, does any one have extra
seed that they won't be using?  If so please contact me.

Thanks!

-- 
James E. Moody Jr.    Carnegie Mellon University             (412) 268-2847
                      The Robotics Institute - Smith Hall          CMU-BUGS
                      5000 Forbes Avenue
[email-masked]      Pittsburgh, PA 15213

---

From: [email-masked] (teresa m. esch)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 02:35:43 GMT

> Pretty in Purple.  Johnny's is out of stock!  This variety is backorderd 
.... 
> seed that they won't be using?  If so please contact me.

How about Chinese eggplant, a smaller version of regular
eggplant?  I love their color!

teresa
--

---

From: [email-masked] (teresa m. esch)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 02:35:43 GMT

.... 

teresa
--

---

From: [email-masked] (Laura Sanders)
Date: 8 Mar 1995 03:56:50 GMT

: I placed an order a few weeks ago with Johnny's Selected Seeds, and one of
: the items on my list was for a small hot (& ornamental) pepper called 
: Pretty in Purple.  Johnny's is out of stock!  This variety is backorderd 
: until NOVEMBER!

You might consider "Purple Beauty" peppers--they're not hot, but they are 
pretty.  I got mine from Pinetree.

Laura

---

From: [email-masked] (Gerald Sacks)
Date: 7 MAR 95 08:47:44

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (James Moody) writes...
>small purple fruit that ripen to red.

I'm growing "Pretty Purple" peppers that I got from Gleckler's Seedsmen,
Metamora OH 43540 (no street address).  I don't know if this is the same
as Johnny's "Pretty IN Purple."  It's billed as a small hot pepper that
has purple foliage and purple-turning-red small round peppers.  I believe
this is also in either the Totally Tomatoes catalog or the Tomato Grower's
Supply catalog.

Gerald Sacks			[email-masked]