Subject: Re: Saving Geraniums

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 28 Feb 1995 10:51:31 GMT

Store them in a bag, and what you will have is rotting plants.
Try putting down a thick layer of mulch . . . this will keep the
soil cooler.  Also, planting them where they are shaded in the
afternoon will help.

Good luck.

Chris Owens

>
>I realize this is not new but need some advice.  I live in Phoenix, Az 
>and about the middle of June it gets so hot that the Geraniums die out.  
>I have quite a few and wondered if at this time I could take them out of 
>planters and ground and place them in a bag for storage.  It would be 
>impractical for me to replant them in pots since I would have about 40 
>plants.  Will the above type of storage work?  Also I planted the ones I 
>have in November, would I just take them out of storage and plant them 
>again.  Please be explicit with your answer, since I am new at 
>gardening.  Also can other plants (carnations, impatiens, and gardenia) 
>be stored the same way during hot summertime.  Thanks, Bill.
>
>