Subject: What Zone am I in ???

From: Les Goins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 95 13:26:37 -0500

I see others referring to the fact that they are in "Zone 5", "Zone 7", etc.
 
I don't know where to look it up, so would someone please tell me which
"Zone" I am in...
 
I am in the city of Shreveport, which is in the NorthWestern corner
of Louisiana. I am 8 miles from the Texas state line and 30 miles
from the Arkansas state line.
 
Thanks,
 
    Les
 
--
 
   /\=================================/\==================================/\
  /\/\======/    Les Goins    \======/\/\=====/  FIDO -- 1:380/25  \=====/\/\
  \/\/=====/   Internet/Fido   \=====\/\/====/ [email-masked]  \====\/\/
   \/=================================\/==================================\/
 
* DMM (V1.92) - Les Goins' Magical & Mind-boggling "Delphi Message Manipulator"

---

From: Sean Callahan <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Mar 1995 07:17:03 GMT

> I don't know where to look it up, so would someone please tell me which

Les,

This should help:

http://bigmouth.pathfinder.com/cgi-bin/VG/vg-zonefinder

Allbest,

Sean Callahan
Time Life Digital

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 95 19:03:51 -0500

>from the Arkansas state line.
 
My guZde says that you are in zone 8, with low temperatures on 10 to 20
degrees F.

---

From: [email-masked] (Art Escobar)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 00:54:49 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>from the Arkansas state line.
According to the Ortho Gardening Books, you are in Zone 8.  Most home
gardening books will include a zone map and also a list of average minimum
temperatures for your area.  Zone 8 means that your average minimum
temperature is 10 to 20 degrees F.  Hope this helps.

Tina Escobar
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Stan)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 01:34:57 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, Les Goins <[email-masked]> 
says:

> ... so would someone please tell me which "Zone" I am in...

why, the CyberZone of course ;-)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 5 Mar 95 17:36:44 AST

> My guZde says that you are in zone 8, with low temperatures on 10 to 20

HERE'S a stumper for ya:  What zone am *I* in???  My Sunset Western 
Garden Book doesn't even cover Alaska (I hate it when they do that...
just because we're not 'attatched' doesn't mean we don't have a zone!).
By the way .. I'm in Anchorage (south-central Alaska).
	Kerry Jane
	[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 95 19:03:51 -0500

---

From: [email-masked] (Art Escobar)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 00:54:49 GMT

Tina Escobar
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Stan)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 01:34:57 GMT

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 5 Mar 95 17:36:44 AST

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 95 11:29:57 -0500

>I don't know where to look it up, so would someone please tell me which
 
There is a WWWaddress  where you can donload  a map of the U.S. and it color
codes the states by zones.  The address is:
   http:/www.timeinc.com/vg/TimeLife/ZoneFinder/zoneinfo.html
  Make sure you type it EXACTLY as you see it above with corresponding capital.
Have fun!
 
            Lori  :)

---

From: [email-masked] (Tom Rudnick)
Date: 8 Mar 1995 00:20:42 GMT

> Time Life Digital

No disrespect, but the "zonefinder" is not very accurate. The underlying
database is either not complete or just plain wrong. The best reference is
still a printed USDA Hardiness Zone map. My zone comes up wrong, and I've
noticed other people saying that it has been wrong by up to 2 zones!

Sean, are you fixing the incorrect references? I have sent numerous comments 
over the last 6 months saying that my zone is listed wrong. It still 
returns the wrong one. I'm trying to check it now, but the machine 
(www.pathfinder.com) is down. Won't answer a ping.

-Tom
/---------------------------__---------------------------------------------\
 Tom Rudnick :::::::::::::: || "... or lobster thermidor aux crevettes with
 Fort Collins,CO :::::::::: ||  a mornay sauce garnished with truffle pate', 
 [email-masked] ||  brandy and a fried egg on top and spam." 
\---------------------------^^---------------------------------------------/

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Gorham)
Date: 9 Mar 1995 21:33:37 GMT

Methinks you're in ZONE 1.