Subject: mold on rocks

From: [email-masked] (Chris Thornton)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 13:08:00 -0800

Hi,
I recently replaced some stone around a fountian at the local mall. The
problem is the new stone isn't worn or moldy like the old stone. Is
their anyway to accelerate this process. Possibly with a type of spray
or other concoction?
thanks in advance.
chris

==========================================================================
Fullerton College claims no responsibility to the opinion expressed above!
==========================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Sherry Bailey)
Date: 3 Mar 1995 19:32:03 GMT

Chris Thornton ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Hi,
: I recently replaced some stone around a fountian at the local mall. The
: problem is the new stone isn't worn or moldy like the old stone. Is
: their anyway to accelerate this process. Possibly with a type of spray
: or other concoction?
: thanks in advance.
: chris

Moldy?  Maybe (I hope) you are talking about algae?  The worn look should have
been taken care of BEFORE installation, in my opinion -- if, by that, you
refer to smoothing. The stained part of the look will probably happen on it's
own or you could try using something like a nylon pot scraper to rub an
existing spot then using it on the new stnes to try to "transplant" the algae.
(Rubbing the new stones first with fertilizer might help.)  Or sysntesize the
look with paint?)

I don't know ... you might have to wait for this to take care of itself!

Sherry

---

From: [email-masked] (Sherry Bailey)
Date: 3 Mar 1995 19:32:03 GMT

Sherry