Subject: REORGANIZATION>rec.garden

From: [email-masked] (Mary Davis)
Date: 1 Mar 1995 23:27:24 -0500

To: [email-masked]
Subject: REORGANIZATION>rec.gardens

S>JW>What about regional organization? Gardening here in the Southern US is a
S>JW>whole differant world than gardening "up Nawth", out West or overseas. We
S>JW>have a completely differant batch of plants which would happily DIE if
S>JW>moved away from their native climates. How about:

Hi!  I'm with you about regional gardening.  So much of the gardening
information from the North doesn't apply to Zone 9 - 10 Florida
gardeners.  If this is considered a bad idea, I certainly wish that the
gardeners asking for more info re "whatever" would give their zone at
the very least.  If someone replies thinking its like growing things in
their zone without knowing the questioner's zone, then much of the info
would not apply. This is especially true for new gardeners.  I love to
look at all the beautiful gardens in books and mags but have learned the
hard way (killing most of what I planted) that it is very hard to have
these gardens.  I've been gardening for 18 years and have had to adapt
most of the written info to Florida's wet summers alternating with the
droughts, warm winters alternating with deadly freezes.  Sometimes we
only have two seasons a year---warm hot and hotter versus cool.

Mary D.