Subject: Re: Corn with Clover

From: Angela Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 16:53:07 -0800

which issue of "Mother Earth News" ?

---

From: [email-masked] (Ben Sharvy)
Date: 27 Feb 1995 09:59:07 -0800

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Jen Mayer) writes:

>XX> > I'm considering planting some clover under my corn this year as a
>XX> "living > mulch."  If anyone has any experience with this, I'd like
>XX> to hear what you > think.  Also, if there is a better plant than
>XX> clover, I'd like to hear what > the alternatives are.

>Also, plants in the pea family are supposed to be good for the soil and 
>it is common to plant beans and peas next to corn so they they grow up 
>the corn stalk and do not need a trellis or fence to climb up.

This technique was practiced by Native Americans for several millenia. 
I'd guess it works.
-- 
Live Globally, Die Locally. Witches Heal. So Do Blowjobs. Liberate the
Weirdos and You Liberate the Squares.

---

From: [email-masked] (Ben Sharvy)
Date: 27 Feb 1995 09:59:07 -0800