Subject: Which type if fig to plant

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 95 13:19:48 EST

Try Mission, the classic purple fig.  It's not as heat-demanding as
most other varieties.  Or just see what's available locally, and
choose what seems best.

IT>I want to plant one or two fig trees.  I live in Sunset zone 17.  The
IT>spot I wish to plant in is currently lawn.  It gets sun from late
IT>morning until evening.  I'm looking for good eating, not canning or
IT>drying.  Any suggestions?

IT>TIA
IT>Tom Sherwood

Richard Shiell, ASLA    Bakersfield, CA         [email-masked]
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ Old gardeners don't die, they just go to seed.

--
Mainframes, Minis & Micros     |     Desert Jewel BBS & Online Mall
5630 District Blvd.   #114     |     Telnet to 204.212.36.4
Bakersfield, CA      93313     |     FTP to 204.212.36.4
LandLine  ==  800-949-1959     |     WWW to http:\\[email-masked]