Subject: IVY GERANIUMS

From: [email-masked] (KATHY FLORITTO)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 95 13:05:00 -0800

Is there a secret to cloning ivy geraniums?  Will someone please 
share it?  I've never had difficulty with the "ordinary" 
geranium/pelargonium - but the ivy type defeats me...every single time.

     Help!

                              KATHY

 * 1st 2.00b #3640 * [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (pete hanson)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 95 18:02:58 GMT

> * 1st 2.00b #3640 * [email-masked]

  Like all geraniums, do not overwater.  Make sure they dry out good between watereings.  They prefer
as much light as they can get.  If they are to shaded they will die.  Pick off old flowers and leaves.  The
biggest problem I've seen is that people overwater.  (also becareful not ot over fertilize!!)  The leaves yellow if
you overwater.  Second biggest problem is that they don't get enough light.
                                                          Kay Hanson

---

From: [email-masked] (BPeters003)
Date: 1 Mar 1995 00:19:20 -0500

In response to your query about cloning Ivy geraniums...I've had repeated
and 98% sucess with nodal cuttings--with one to two leaves, usually,
depending upon their leggy quotient--dipped in RootTone and placed in a
50/50 Perlite peat mixture. I have them misted once daily and they are
under flourescetn lights.
 Respond with your techniques and mabye I can pinpoint your problem!
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (BPeters003)
Date: 1 Mar 1995 00:19:20 -0500