Subject: Re: "bare root" blackberries arrived yesterd

From: [email-masked] (Ruth Evans)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 95 14:15:42

>Hi!
>I'm just south of you in Mountain View.
>    Put them in a bucket of water immediatly, to help them recover from
>the shock of shipping.   DON"T let them dry out.  Certain death!
>    AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, go out and dig the hole where you are going to
>put them.   I usually take the sawdust in the bag with the roots and mi
>it with the soil I've just dug out for some free mulch/compost.  Fertiz
>with whatever you want, following directions.  Get those plants into th
>ground as soon as possible!  We're almost past bare-root season in the
>Area.                 .     I'm still waiting for my back-east berries
>be shipped, and I'm worried I'll miss the best dates, and that they'll
>start sprouting in the mail once they hit warm California weather.

>Betty Cunningham([email-masked])
>illustrator, animator, and likes to collect dead things

Call the company you ordered them from and insist they mail NOW.  They
probably have the product in cold storage anyway.  I did that one year
with a company that wanted to mail a full month later.  They sent it at
my request.

Ruth
     __             ___        __
__  ////\  /\/\  /\/ _//\ __  /// | Anne McCaffrey: Master Word Crafter|
\\\//// '\/    \/ / /\/ '\\\\///  | Princess:  Cutest Wiggle Tail Ever!|
 \XX/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\__/\/\/ \XX/   | [email-masked] or [email-masked] |