Subject: Re: Martha Stewart

From: martin j. chiaverini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 1995 12:08:18 EST

I've tried to resist posting my opinion on Martha Stewart, but I just can't
stand it any longer!  A few years back I saw a promo for the Today Show
indicating that Stewart would be doing a segment on techniques for repotting
houseplants, or something.  As a novice indoor gardener at that time, I
watched hoping to gather some useful information.  It turned out that she
spent the entire segment trying to make new clay pots look old by painting
them with yogurt and moss, or some such nonsense, because heaven knows we
wouldn't want anyone thinking we would buy nice, new, clean pots when old,
chipped, algae-infested ones would do!  I haven't been able to stand to
mention of her name since.

---

From: [email-masked] (B GOOGLE)
Date: 19 Feb 1995 19:01:29 -0500

I too have resisted responding to all this Martha Stewart stuff, but can't
resist.  I like to watch her occasionally because, in a perfect world, I
would have that $$, all those ideas, and be able to garden flawlessly in
white slacks.  Since I can't, it alternates between being interesting and
being a hoot!