Subject: Re: Van Bourgondien

From: [email-masked] (Bob Dickow)
Date: 3 Mar 1995 06:25:09 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:

>        Anyone know if this is a good, repurable company. I'd like to order
>      from them and would like net-wisdom as to whether I should or not.

I have ordered on about four occassions. Good stock, fair price,
prompt delivery, and no problems.

--

--Bob Dickow ([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 16:15:56 GMT

Thanks,

						Carlyle

		---------------------------

---

From: Brian Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Mar 1995 01:26:30 GMT

>      from them and would like net-wisdom as to whether I should or not.
I bought from them last year. Five oriental lillies and three Tree
Peonies.  Only three lillies bloomed and not very well. One tree 
peony died.  They replaced the lillies wwith no questions, but 
neither of them took.  Maybe it was too late in season.  A better 
source is White Flower Farm in Litchfield, Conn.  More expensive,
but much better quality.

---

From: Duane Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 22:21:10 +0000

There's an old saying: I guess that's what makes a horse race.

I've seen some negative words here about van Bourgendien. I have had 
excellent experience with them and order almost every year. They have a 
wholesale catalog available to the general public, for those who want 
more than half a dozen tulips spaced evenly every three feet in fromt of 
the yews out front.

On the other hand, I've seen much good said about Thompson and Morgan. I 
order a few items from them every year, but I've just about given up 
trying their more exotic offerings. They are always the last order to 
arrive, and there have been years when I've gotten less than half of my 
order. And germnation? Just cross your fingers.

---

From: [email-masked] (Diveanddig)
Date: 3 Mar 1995 15:08:18 -0500

Here is a letter concerning VanB sent to a fellow gardener-------------

Here is VanBourgondien's address and phone number.  I have been ordering
from them for years and have been very satisfied with their bulbs, tubers
and rhizomes.  I would buy your live plant perennials at garden centers
rather than through the mail except in situations where they are scarce
and not available locally. The wholesale prices are exactly half the price
listed in their retail catalog (I get both catalogs) but you must buy
higher minimums of items and there is a $50 minimum order.  It is easy to
get to the minimum if you like bulbs.  Check out the COLLECTIONS options. 
Even if you give half the order away, you will only be paying the normal
retail price for the ones you keep!  You can also split the cost of your
order with someone else.  Ask for the wholesale and retail catalog. 

You will see their product sold under the Hans Brinker brand in garden
centers and nurseries.

K. VanBourgondien & Sons Inc.
245 Farmingdale Rd.
P.O. Box 1000
Babylon, NY 11702
Phone 800-552-9996       Fax 516-669-1228

Bill Bird

---

From: Duane Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 22:21:10 +0000

---

From: [email-masked] (Diveanddig)
Date: 3 Mar 1995 15:08:18 -0500

Bill Bird