Subject: Hydroponics

From: [email-masked] (John Behague)
Date: 1 Mar 1995 20:27:01 GMT

Any information please on Hydroponics, especially on how satisfactory a
system of cultivation it can be in the UK?

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul R. Schanbacher)
Date: 1 Mar 1995 21:01:02 GMT

>system of cultivation it can be in the UK?

My limited understanding of hydroponics tells me it is a very 
satisfactory system anywhere that you can supply the necessary
nutrients, lighting, and other favorable growing conditions like
temperature.  I think it is in theory supposed to work wonderfully
anywhere and is particularly well suited for areas where water is 
scarce(because of the recycling and conservation aspect).  I too 
would be interested in discussions on hydroponics.  

I am starting a small test garden.  Maybe there should be a 
rec.gardens.hydroponics.  It doesn't look like it yet but how bout
it?

--

---

From: [email-masked] (Stan)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 03:54:56 GMT

<[email-masked]>
Organization: IQuest Network Services
X-Newsreader: WinVN 0.91.6

>rec.gardens.hydroponics.  It doesn't look like it yet but how bout

a hydroponics newsgroup is in the works... where to put it is still
being decided before a formal proposal is made.  i am currently in
several hydroponics discussions via private email and the hydroponics
mailing list.  it is real hard keeping up with rec.gardens with my
busy schedule, but i catch a hydro question on here every now and
then.

John, Paul, and all others with an interest in hydroponics are
urged to email me direct at [email-masked].  it is still under
constructions, but eventually you all should find my Plantasia web
page of interest : http://www.iquest.net/~plantone/

---

From: [email-masked] (Stan)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 03:54:56 GMT