Subject: Why did my ficus tree die?

From: [email-masked] (Craig Davis)
Date: 8 Mar 1995 12:00:30 -0500

I had a very small ficus tree that seemed to be doing very well
for awhile.  Then for no apparent reason, the leaves starting
turning yellowish brown and falling off.  I thought that I
had done everything for it:  I had it on a windowsill facing
south, I watered it regularly, even fed it every so often.
But all to no avail.  It's frustrating (and disappointing) to watch 
a plant slowly deteriorate until the last leaf falls off.

The funny thing is: when I lived out in San Francisco, I had
a huge ficus tree in a bay window, and it thrived under the
same treatment.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for my next attempt at
growing one indoors, please let me know.

Thanks.

		-Craig-

---

From: [email-masked] (Karen Fletcher)
Date: 8 Mar 1995 17:52:17 GMT

Next time, don't give up too soon.  A ficus can drop all its leaves, sit 
there and sulk for a while and then start leafing out again.

They are touchy and don't like change - moving them, less light, 
different watering regime - it doesn't take much for the leaves to start 
dropping.

Better luck next time!

Karen Fletcher                                     [email-masked]
==========================================================================
The Garden Gate            http://www.prairienet.org/ag/garden/homepage.htm
The Garden Gate at SunSITE  http://sunsite.unc.edu/garden-gate/homepage.htm
The Garden Spider's Web    http://mirror.wwa.com/mirror/garden/spdrsweb.htm