Subject: New York Botanical Garden Library Online

From: [email-masked] (Bob Batson)
Date: 2 Mar 1995 21:09:23 GMT

The New York Botanical Garden Library Catalog On-Line

  The NYBG is the first major botanical institution to put its library
catalog on the Internetg. You can access CATALPA (Catalog for Library
Public Access), which includes over 100,000 book and periodical titles,
at librisc.nybg.org if you have Telnet facilities. To learn more about
CATALPA, send e-mail to John F. Reed, Director of The NYBG Library
([email-masked]). For those in New York City, the Library is open to
the public Tuesday through Sunday each week.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Reprinted with permission from the February 1995 _HortIdeas_. Copyright
1995 by Greg and Pat Williams. HortIdeas is $20 (2nd class mail within
the USA) for one year (12 issues). Single issues are $2.00 in North
America. For more information or a subscription, write: HortIdeas, 460
Black Lick Road, Gravel Switch, KY 40328, USA.

[NOTE! After successfully telneting to librisc.nybg.org, just logon as
"library" {minus the quotes}].

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Batson				L 39 12 14 N  94 33 16 W
[email-masked]			Kansas City
[email-masked]			USDA zone 5
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Under the most controlled conditions, the experimental apparatus will
do exactly as it pleases.