Subject: What tree/plant is this?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 95 09:00:56 PST

[email-masked] writes:

<...you can smell a very good-smelling fragrance in the air, and I would
< love to know what kind of plant is doing it!  I think it may be a
< tree...

You're most likely correct.  I used to live in Santa Monica, and just
outside my living room window of my apartment was a well-established
night blooming jasmine tree that was constantly blooming.  Every evening
and morning there would be a heady scent of perfume around the walkway;
sweet and almost intoxicating.

Look around for flower droppings from these trees-- small, about the
size of the tip of your littlest finger, white to pale greeny yellow.

I'm not a horticultural expert, but the tree is a distinctly different
plant from star jasmine, which seems to be a trailing vine/bush
popularly used in landscaping around these parts. The scents are
different; star jasmine smells like the jasmine scent used in perfumery
and isn't as strong as the night-blooming jasmine tree.

Hope this helps!

k. jolley-williams

--
    [*]   Message Origin:  KBBS Los Angeles!  74 Access Lines   [*]
    [*]   (818) 886-0872 or Telnet 204.96.25.7  [email-masked]   [*]