Subject: Re: Robins!

From: [email-masked] (John Woodworth)
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 1995 09:53:01

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Pat) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Pat)
>Subject: Re: Robins!
>Date: 17 Feb 1995 17:10:24 GMT

>Menk, Donna ([email-masked]) wrote:
>: Spring can't be too far behind--my front yard has been full of robins
>: this week! (I'm in Austin, Texas.)

>: Donna

>I remember what Robins look like.  Red breast, right?

Hey, this morning I heard meadowlarks. They're back! The end of Winter in 
Minnesota is nigh!

John

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Imitation is the sincerest form of parody."

                         Richard Corliss
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: [email-masked] (CLNichols)
Date: 18 Feb 1995 09:36:08 -0500

One year (last year or the one before) I had a robin live at my house all
winter (Indianapolis).  It perched itself in my hawthorne tree and ate
berries for a living.  Usually the robins pick this tree clean before
winter sets in but fortunately for this lone robin they left it alone that
year so it had its own personal food supply.

Cindy

---

From: [email-masked] (L. R. Fortney)
Date: 20 Feb 1995 12:33:20 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Deborah
Pearce) wrote:

> In article <[email-masked]>
[email-masked] (Jeanne Hinds) writes:
> 
> We've got you beat!  We have had robins for the last three weeks in
> >Raleigh, North Carolina!  I've never seen them this early before.
> 
> >+-----------------------------------------+---------------------------+
> >| Jeanne Hinds       
> 
> I know what you mean.  In my Durham, NC, yard I didn't just have one early 
> robin, I had a huge flock of robins.  Usually I see only one or two, and
never 
> this early.

  I also saw a robin in Durham a couple of days ago, but I don't think it
is part of the spring migration.  When that comes through, I'll see fifty
or so birds in a day and the berries on my holly will disappear.

-- 
Lloyd Fortney ---Opinions, just opinions---

---

From: [email-masked] (Pat)
Date: 17 Feb 1995 17:10:24 GMT

: Donna

-pat (looking for Robins in all the wrong places)
[email-masked]