Subject: Re: Aphids are coming!

From: [email-masked] [Maura O'Neill]
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 06:41:56 GMT

In <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (David Gurzynski) writes:
>In article <[email-masked]>
>Jennifer Haslet-Phillips <[email-masked]> wrote:
>{
>{ I've had two gardenia plants reavaged to death by aphids.  I was
>{ wondering if anyone could offer me some advice on how to get rid of
>{ them.  And possibly without using deadly chemicals.
>{ Jennifer.
>
>What I did was to take the plant into the shower and get a good stream
>of water going and CAREFULLY move the leaves into the stream of water
>supporting them with my other hand.  If you aren't careful you'll drown
>the plant or at least lose a lot of dirt and possibly hurt the leaves or
>branches.
>
>The only other thing I can think of is perhaps you could send for some
>lady bugs?  They eat aphids like mad, and if you can manage to have them
>breed around your plants, the lady bug larvae are even more voracious!
>
>David Gurzynski  * Its those little things, going off, that remind us
>[email-masked] * that this world is an artwork of Gods hand, which is
>Brooklyn NYC     * to us chaos due only to our limit of vision.
	
Are Gardenias one of the plants you can't use dishsoap on? I put a squirt of
biodegradable dishsoap in a spray bottle, fill it up
with water and spray the plant, make sure you get top and bottom of leave	s
and it 
seems to work fine - however, I have heard that some plants can't take the
soap, but I don't know which ones, I ones I have used it on were ok...but I 
don't have any gardenias.

---

From: [email-masked] [Maura O'Neill]
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 06:41:56 GMT