Subject: Re: Martha Stewart

From: [email-masked] (LILY 4 ME)
Date: 18 Feb 1995 21:46:42 -0500

I had the opportunity to work with Martha as staff for a huge catering
event.  Yes, she is just as pretentious as she looks.  She treats staff
like dirt and I don't  think she has and original idea in her fluffy
little head.

---

From: [email-masked] (Kelly Dueck)
Date: 19 Feb 1995 07:24:45 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (CLNichols) writes:

>I don't mind if some projects are over my budget or unrealistic for my 
lifestyle because many generate ideas and are educational if nothing else.

I too have only recently discovered Martha Stewart's show and I agree 
that it is an excellent idea generator. So what if many of the projects 
are beyond the budget of most viewers. Most of the things Martha does on 
the show are interesting and creative. At least I can TRY to apply a new 
idea or two to my situation. It's fun!

Kelly Dueck

---

From: [email-masked] (Stan Berman)
Date: 20 Feb 1995 01:17:21 GMT

Regarding Martha Stewart: 

I am also one of those who can't stand her. She
paints a completely unrealistic picture of what
one person can do by not properly (and fairly)
acknowledging her collaborators and helpers. 

I found a really amusing spoof of the Martha
Stewart magazine at Borders the other day. Among
the designs included was a plan to completely re-
tile one's pool with found shards of glass and 
tile in patterns like Michelangelo's Sistine
Chapel. 

Very funny, though too expensive to buy at 10$

Bharathi Jagadeesh

(I can be more easily reached at [email-masked]
than the reply address)

---

From: [email-masked] (Janmger)
Date: 3 Mar 1995 21:26:41 -0500

Can we be more jealous of someone who knows our hot buttons and knows so
much about marketing?  I'd like to have just 1% of her income.