Subject: Where to find Sweet Woodruff

From: [email-masked] (Steven M. Begley)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 15:18:06 GMT

Hi, gang!
	Can anyone offer a suggestion on where one can find Sweet Woodruff (Galium 
odoratum) around Philadelphia, PA? I can't find anyone who grows it. 
	If this were a perfect world, i would like to find rooted cuttings but I 
could live with pots, or even seeds, as well.
	Parks Seed lists Sweet Woodruff seed but they have been unable to fill my 
order for two years now. I know wayside list them (@$5.00 a pop!) and I need a 
lot of them (several hundred), so that's not an option.
	Any ground cover growers out there?

	Thanks all....
	Steven ([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (SunGardens)
Date: 5 Mar 1995 21:31:13 -0500

Steven - We sell Sweet Woodruff and have it in stock now!  We have a
native plants and perennials mail order nursery.  Normally, the price for
6 or more is $3.20 each in 3 1/2" pots but email me for a more reasonable
deal for you.  We can do flats of 72 by special order.  Hope to hear from
you. - Andrea

---

From: Susan Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Mar 1995 18:43:39 GMT

>odoratum) around Philadelphia, PA? I can't find anyone who grows it. 

Well, I don't have a catalog here with me, but memory tells me that
Bluestone Perennials carries it--and Bluestone is always the cheapest on
anything they sell and their plants, though young, are always vigorous
and grow well for me.  They're located in Ohio but ship mail order.      
                      -Sue Sanders

---

From: Susan Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Mar 1995 14:31:11 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> Paul Dineen, [email-masked]
writes:
>: 	Can anyone offer a suggestion on where one can find Sweet Woodruff
(Galium 
>: odoratum) around Philadelphia, PA? I can't find anyone who grows it. 

I checked the Bluestone Perrennials catalog; their sweet woodruff is 6
for $7.50.
																					-Sue Sanders

---

From: [email-masked] (SunGardens)
Date: 5 Mar 1995 21:31:13 -0500

---

From: Susan Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Mar 1995 18:43:39 GMT

---

From: Susan Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Mar 1995 14:31:11 GMT

(Galium

---

From: [email-masked] (Paul Dineen)
Date: 7 Mar 1995 01:01:12 GMT

Steven M. Begley ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Hi, gang!
: 	Can anyone offer a suggestion on where one can find Sweet Woodruff (Galium 
: odoratum) around Philadelphia, PA? I can't find anyone who grows it. 

  Sorry, I can't help with where to buy them in PA.  

  I saw a bunch of Sweet Woodruff in bloom at the nursery last year and
  had to have some.  However, I may have underestimated how much water
  they need.  I watered them occasionally by hand here in Colorado, but
  they were generally dry and didn't seem to do much (don't know if they
  should have propagated by now).  How much water do they need -- do I
  need to attach a sprayer to the drip hose to water them specially?

---

From: [email-masked] (Altgroup)
Date: 7 Mar 1995 13:11:09 -0500

Try Harbor View Garden Co. 

They list sweet woodruff plants in their catalog @ $3.00.

The catalog comes email [email-masked]
Customer service [email-masked]

Thomas Fischer

---

From: [email-masked] (Dick Gilman)
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 1995 17:59:49 GMT

Sweet woodruff needs to be watered alot the first year then alot
less the rest of its life.  Once it gets established.  Here in the
raleigh, nc area any plant like that I plant in the fall.
Especially if its not near my water supplies.

I would be interested in where I can get some sweet wooddruf as
well.

  In article <[email-masked]>, Paul Dineen
([email-masked]) writes: >Steven M. Begley ([email-masked])
wrote: >: Hi, gang!