Subject: survey-butterfly activity U.S.

From: [email-masked] (Asyriaca)
Date: 28 Feb 1995 21:25:33 -0500

Hello all,
           I am compiling a lists of plants that attract butterflies in
the garden. This information will be published in a magazine. Even if you
only have one plant in your yard that you notice butterflies frequenting
please e-mail me with this info. If you have a butterfly garden, list all
the plants that are working well as nectar sources. Scientific names are
helpful, but common names will do. Please also let me know what state you
live in. Apologies to anyone outside the U.S., but for now I am limiting
the lists to the U.S. Thankyou, please e-mail me directly
                                                                          
                       Vic
                                                                      
[email-masked]

From  Mon Mar  6 10:56:29 EST 1995
Article: 57030 of rec.gardens
Path: bigblue.oit.unc.edu!concert!gatech!howland.reston.ans.net!news1.digex.net!! (Peter Knop)
From: (Peter Knop)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Subject: Sugar Cane
Date: 4 Mar 1995 02:11:42 GMT
Organization: Express Access Online Communications, USA
Lines: 12
Distribution: world
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
NNTP-Posting-Host: leopard.digex.net
Status: O
X-Status: 

Wanted sugar cane seed. Will trade many types of exotic plants -great 
variety of hot peppers (heirloom, caribbean, mexican, hungarian), grasses, 
parilla, 16 foot tall corn - high yielder, excellent flavor, sweet, oriental 
chive, cleome, etc.
        Will be used in educational program - discovered sugar cane was 
grown in Loudoun County, Virginia up through the first quarter of the 20th 
century. Planting a 19th century farm garden for school children who come 
for environmental education.
        Many tanks for any help.
[email-masked]