Subject: Re: How about artichokes in Zone 7?

From: [email-masked] (Elizabeth Platt)
Date: 19 Feb 1995 17:45:18 -0800

[email-masked] (MarlaP1041) wrote:

>
>I saw artichokes growing at the county fair on Cape Cod 
>(MA) last summer &  they were beautiful! I'm trying 
>them in my garden this summer using seed I  have 
>already started under gro-lights. There's no reason you 
>couldn't grow  them too. Use seeds especially for 
>northern climates. Good luck!        
>Marla

...and the New York Times ran an article about a week or so 
ago, specifically about gardeners growing artichokes "back 
East".  One suggestion was to cold-treat the seeds in the 
fridge or freezer for about six weeks before planting.  If 
anyone is interested in the info, you can e-mail me, and I'll 
either give you the exact date, or excerpt the relevant parts 
of the article for you.  Since I live in artichoke heaven, the 
article caught my eye!

-- [email-masked]