Subject: Re: REQUEST: indoor vines?

From: [email-masked] (Lynsey Gedye)
Date: 18 Feb 95 11:39:43 GMT-12

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Christine Owens) writes:

>>Hello!  Could anyone suggest a vine/hanging plant for my office?
>>I would like to have something more colourful, preferably something
>>flowering.  And scented (really dreaming in colour now!).  
>>Any suggestions?  
>>Mike

>Or, if you really do have enough light, an indoor clematis

  Yep, flowers and fragrant. Good choice.

  For sheer studliness of ability to grow house plants,
  Medinilla magnifica.  If you manage to grow this well,
  please don't mention it, it'll make me sick =;).

  For heaps of flowers, Thunbergia alata.  No fragrance.
  Pretty and easy.  If alata is too boring, try mysorensis.

  For leaves only, Cissus discolour.  Sultry.

  For "i wanna vine and I want it NOW!", Monstera standleyana 
  a.k.a. guttiferyum.  Stand back.  Also available varigated.

  For there's holes in that theory, Monstera friedrichsthalii or
  M.obliqua expilata a.k.a. leichtlinii, or even M.pittieri.

  For the "National Velvet" look, Philodendron verrucosum.

  For the "D*mn it Martha, that plant's gotta earn a living!",
  go for the Nepenthes family.

  Finally, for the "My one's bigger than your one", Tetrastigma 
  voinierianum.

  Of course, _real men_ (tm) would grow all of them. =:)

--
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Kezia K)
Date: 19 Feb 1995 11:13:18 -0500

Co-workers in my office grow golden pothos, which behaves like a vine if
you let it, but doesn't flower.

Another idea: hoya.  My elderly relatives have had one going for seemingly
a century, and it flowers often.  I personally think it has a scraggly
look, but the flowers are nice.

KeziaK