Subject: gardening task analysis

From: [email-masked] (Simone Rosa-Knight)
Date: 20 Feb 95 01:49:00 GMT

TO: jo s soo <[email-masked]>

JS>.@SUBJECT:gardening task analysis
JS>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
JS>From: Jo S Soo <[email-masked]>
JS>Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 11:40:51 -0700

JS>Hi! I have an assigment to find out what exactly a gardener do to
JS>plan  out their garden for the coming season. My assignment is to
JS>create a  gardening help system, kinda like a check list of what to
JS>do and prepare  for. The system is to advise gardeners on what to
JS>plant, when and how to  lay out the garden for the best effect.
JS>Things like soil type, watering  techniques, fertilizers, light, heat
JS>etc. This is just for a regular  gardener. <snip>

so if there's  anyone out there who could give me the basic tips on 
what's needed to  have a healthy garden, please help me.

Joseph,

One of the things I wish I had done was known when to order seeds for 
indoor starting.  As is, I'm afraid that I have started too late for my 
Atlanta climate.  Would also be nice to have a data base of plant info 
so that you could do things like figure spacing for mature plants (like 
veggie gardens), how many plants you can fit in a given space, what 
light and water requirements are, etc.

I'm currently trying to lay out my veggie garden on paper, figuring 
mature sizes from catalog info as well as light requirements, like what 
I can plant next to the trellis full of squash and cucumbers that can 
take partial shade, and what I need to plan successive plantings of.

Would also have been nice to have a reminder in Sept. to plant a fall 
cover crop that could have enriched the soil and then been plowed under 
in Dec. or Jan. (with a reminder for that, too!)  I've also noticed that 
not all plants or seeds come with uniform info on soil type preferred.  
Due to this inconsistency I've wound up with a lot of alkaline loving 
plants in the same bed as a bunch of acid loving plants!

These are the one's I can think of right now, but I'm sure you'll get a 
lot more imput.  If your "project" is something we might be able to buy 
when finished please let us know where and how to get it!

Good luck,
Simone

Paul E.Knight
OR
Simone A. Rosa-Knight
Atlanta, GA. 30340
Internet: [email-masked]
[email-masked]
404-491-7293
---
. CMPQwk #1.4. UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY

----
*****************************************************************************
**     Prime Time On-Line       Atlanta's Source for FULL INTERNET         **
**   1200-28.8  404-667-1081    FTP/TELNET/GOPHER  4.0 Gig On-Line         **
*****************************************************************************