Subject: Re: Cruickshank's Quality?

From: [email-masked] (Nikolai Nefedow)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 16:13:57 GMT

> In a previous article, [email-masked] (Ken Hoyme) says:
> 
>>I apologize if this is an FAQ -- I didn't see any discussion of this in the
>>messages queued on my machine.
>>
>>Has anyone had any particularly good or bad experiences with Cruickshank's,
>>from Toronto Canada?  Their latest catalog has us hooked, as we are getting
>>Spring fever.  I would love to order some of their lilies and a couple of
>>clematis, but wonder whether it is too much to gamble a large order on the
>>first try.

I've been ordering from Cruickshank's for years and I've never had any
failures.  I've always been satisfied.  Their bulbs tend to be larger than
I've seen in nurseries and gardens centers.

The best thing about Cruickshank's is that they have the more unusual
varieties of plants or things that are just not seen in your normal garden
centers or nurseries.

Several years ago I bought some clematis paniculata (sp?) and tangutica (sp?)
and only now are these starting to appear at the better garden centers.

Their selection of woodland plants is unsurpassed in Eastern Canada and their
irises ... well no one even come close to the selection of medal and award
winners.

The only word of caution is that some plants could be on the small side
(e.g. tiarella cordifolia - foamflower) but they are guaranteed.  BTW, ours
did very well.

--
Nikolai Nefedow         At Play:  [email-masked]
Ottawa, Ontario         At Work:  [email-masked]
CANADA                            [email-masked]