Subject: Re: help with indoor basil

From: [email-masked]
Date: 4 Mar 95 21:50:21 -0600

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] writes:
> I'm trying to grow basis indoors and have a few questions.  I started the plant
> from seed some time ago, and the are now from 3 to about 6 inches.  I clipped
> most of the stems and they have split off.
> My questions are, what size pots should the plants be in, currently they are in
> pots ranging in size of between 2 to 4 inches.  The larger pots have two or
>  three plants in them.

Sounds like your pots are a bit small.  Are there roots creeping out the
drainage hole?  If you turn the pot over and give it a rap on the edge
of the table, does a solid ball of roots fall out, or is there a fair
amount of loose and crumbly soil.  If the plants are rootbound, they
need to be shifted to larger pots.  Typically, in the greenhouse, I'd
put 2-3 basil seedlings in a 6 or 8" pot.

Kay Klier  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 1995 21:22:03 GMT

I'm trying to grow basis indoors and have a few questions.  I started the plant
from seed some time ago, and the are now from 3 to about 6 inches.  I clipped
most of the stems and they have split off.
My questions are, what size pots should the plants be in, currently they are in
pots ranging in size of between 2 to 4 inches.  The larger pots have two or
 three plants in them.
Also how thick should the stems get, and when can I start harvesting.
Thanks in advance.
I was also wondering if ther is a FAQ for this type of stuff or on drying herbs