Subject: "Help! Info on Night blooming cereus; queen or p

From: [email-masked] (Scott shy)
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 95 16:08:54 EST

If this plant that you talk about is anything like the Evening Primrose
or the Showy Evening Primrose(which open up at dusk, which is around 9
pm in Ferndale, MI) the last thing you want to do is fertilize it. These
plant do not like to bloom much if they're fertilized and actually
prefer to be left alone for the most part. The only maintenance required
is to deadhead the spent blooms in the morning and if you want your
"nightbloomers to spread, go ahead and throw the spent blooms in the
garden. If you turn the soil over in the spring, they'll seed
themselves. These plants are great for when you entertain until sunset
and if you have children or grandchildren, they're a great introduction
to gardening. Nighbloomers are so hard to kill and so undemanding that
they're great beginner plants in a child's garden.
Good luck!
Tam

Gateway Online ... 38 Line Multi-user Interactive Information System
Taylor, Michigan - (313)291-5571 2400 baud (313)291-5571 9600 baud
Sysops: Bill Mullen - Jeff Breitner