Subject: Re: rec.gardens.organic...Opinions??

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 95 08:22:56 EST

IN>> : I vote for organic gardening tips and help to stay on this list.  We n
IN>> : to inform people of the great benefits of organic gardening.
IN>>
IN>>     There's no reason organic gardening tips and help _wouldn't_ stay on
IN>> this newsgroup if there  was an organic gardening newsgroup. _Every_
IN>> organic gardener who has emailed me about the proposed rec.gardens.
IN>> whatever organic group...(EVERY one, and I've got about 50 saved message
IN>> now) says they would continue to read and post to rec.gardens but would
IN>> really appreciate somewhere to talk about organic methods _in detail_
IN>> with other orgainc gardeners.
IN>>
IN>> --Max
IN>> --
IN>> --  ...with rings on her fingers and bells on her toes... <destry@netcom
IN>>

      I vote for a seperate rec.organic group...
personally, I am very tired of reading about p-eople's desires to use
chemicals. People don't want to change. While I understand the need to
make these people aware of organics, I am not into reading about the
junk they use. Also If there were an organic section I would not read
rec.gardens since I am only interested in organics.
I do suggest that rec.gardens be broken up into sub groups very much
like rec.roses etc. this would make it easier to find what I am looking
for.
Yours
Andrew Lopez
The Invisible Gardener
Don't Panic It's Organic!

---
Sent via WorldLink on 03/03/95 at 06:26:44.
From: The Invisible Gardener
      Malibu, CA
      Information on organics.

---

From: [email-masked] (QUYEN NGUYEN)
Date: 4 Mar 1995 19:43:28 GMT

I've been planting some delphihiums from 6 packs and they are cut by
cutworms and not eaten. Why do these cutworms do that? What value do
they get out of doing it. They don't eat the flower.What's the best
way to get rid of them.

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Gorham)
Date: 6 Mar 1995 22:45:45 GMT

>they get out of doing it. They don't eat the flower.What's the best
To stop those cutworms make small collars. Cut toilet paper rolls, paper
towel rolls, or some other cardboard cylinder into 3 inch sections.
Put these collars around the seedlings and about 1 inch deep into the soil.
This works about 80% of the time.

Bruce

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 01:29:00 GMT

QN> I've been planting some delphihiums from 6 packs and they are cut by
QN> cutworms and not eaten. Why do these cutworms do that? What value do
QN> they get out of doing it. They don't eat the flower.What's the best
QN> way to get rid of them.

You have to go out at night and find them with a flashlight when they're 
out.  

I've heard (here) that beneficial nematodes work on them but I'm not 
sure how.

 * RM 1.3 01256 * * I'm not as nosy as your diary says I am!

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Gorham)
Date: 6 Mar 1995 22:45:45 GMT

Bruce

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 01:29:00 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (John Bachman)
Date: 6 Mar 1995 19:14:43 -0500

-- 
John Bachman