Subject: Re: When do dogwoods flower in Atlanta?

From: [email-masked] (William T. Roberds)
Date: 6 Mar 1995 07:35:15 -0600

Historically native dogwoods have bloomed close to April 10, in recent 
years a little earlier, perhaps to due increasing urbanization & "heat 
island" effects.  Japanese azaleas & wisteria bloom about same time.

If your trip isn't until the end of April, you will miss the dogwoods; 
however, native azaleas & hybrid rhododendrons bloom about that time.  
Good viewing spots include Atl. Botanical Garden & Atlanta History Center.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
Will Roberds   Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta  (404) 521-8970
e-mail: [email-masked]
=========================================================================

---

From: [email-masked] (Benjamin Wilson)
Date: 9 Mar 1995 01:54:34 GMT

Take a drive down Peachtree-Dunwoody Road From the Perimeter mall area down
to Lennox Square if you are in transit from one part of Atlanta to the
other.  That neighborhood is like drive through a Dogwood tunnel.  After
the Dogwoods bloom Mimosa trees follow.  It is really nice.