Subject: Coffee Grounds

From: [email-masked] (MSAlexandr)
Date: 4 Mar 1995 12:10:31 -0500

Are coffee grounds good for anything in the garden?

---

From: [email-masked] (Glenn Harvey)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 13:45:52 GMT

>Are coffee grounds good for anything in the garden?

I have a friend in Seattle who grows beautiful ROSES.  He puts coffee
grounds at the base of his roses.  He claims that is the secret to his
beauties.

I personally put coffee grounds in my worm bin.  With other vegie/fruit
 peels.  My worms make great compost from it.

Glenn Harvey
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (MLHardy)
Date: 5 Mar 1995 09:51:58 -0500

I agree, I really don't know how good coffee grounds are in the garden. 
But I just till them right in along with tea, egg shells ect.  I have
never had any luck with a compost pile.  Maybe someone can give me some
tips?

Thanks.

---

From: [email-masked] (Kate Wrightson)
Date: 4 Mar 1995 20:50:59 GMT

MSAlexandr ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Are coffee grounds good for anything in the garden?

I put mine in the compost.  The only problem is that in the dusk, they 
look like finished compost, and it gets me a little too excited ;)

--
*****************************************************************************
[email-masked]            Kate Wrightson        [email-masked]
                       Will grovel for R.E.M. tickets!
      "Mine is a life fairly teeming with little elves." -- Henry Alford
*****************************************************************************

---

From: [email-masked] (Craig Brossman)
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 1995 09:01:17 -0700

-- 
I asked this group about using grounds for acid loving plants, particularly
blueberry bushes. I will put my grounds around the base of the plants this
season.

Thanks ... Craig

---

From: [email-masked] (Kate Wrightson)
Date: 4 Mar 1995 20:50:59 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (Craig Brossman)
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 1995 09:01:17 -0700

Thanks ... Craig