Subject: Re: TULIP DEFORMITY

From: Richard Lowery <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 95 22:08:41 -0500

Jen Mayer <[email-masked]> writes:
 
>Why is is that the two tulips that have come up this year have both 
>bloomed before they got tall!? By the time the stem is the proper 
>length, the flower is long gone. These tulips were planted last 
>Thanksgiving.
 
Tulips need proper chilling.  Evidently yours didn't get enough cold.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 01:15:00 GMT

Why is is that the two tulips that have come up this year have both 
bloomed before they got tall!? By the time the stem is the proper 
length, the flower is long gone. These tulips were planted last 
Thanksgiving.
 * RM 1.3 01256 * Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 01:27:00 GMT

RR> Tulips need proper chilling.  Evidently yours didn't get enough
RR> cold.

So if I dig them up and "winter" them in my refrigerator this fall, how 
long do they need to be in there?  is a freezer better?
 * RM 1.3 01256 * * If facts do not conform to the theory, dispose of them.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 01:27:00 GMT