Subject: HELP! TISSUE CULTURE SUPPLIERS NEEDED!

From: "E. Gilding" <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Mar 1995 21:40:13 GMT

I need to get a hold of the following in small quantities, I dont want
a 55 gallon drum, just a few grams/mg/or liters:

	Murashigae's basal salt medium
	Woody plant medium
	a few Auxins
	and a few cytokinins
	and some good oldfashion agar!

	All of these damed companies just want you to give rthem
your company name so they can charge it to them,  Im not associated
with anycompany, whyu cant they just let you buy it?! argh.  Like
im gonna tissue culture roses that eat humans, or worst yet, make some
money.

	Yours Truly,
	TOTALLY FUSTRATED!

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 6 Mar 95 17:14:24 -0600

> im gonna tissue culture roses that eat humans, or worst yet, make some

Companies like Sigma are so cagey about selling chemicals to individuals
because of product liability.  Maybe you only want Murashige's now,
but you're establishing an account... and next time, ricin or cobra
venom?

Likewise, if you call a chemical supplier and ask for 500 g of
sodium chloride, you'll be told that they don't sell to individuals.
Even though you can buy nicely purified salt in the grocery store.

You also probably don't want "good old fashioned agar", as most of
it hasn't been tested to see if it supports callus cultures.  You
want tc grade agar, or possibly one of the agar substitutes.

I suspect if you check around, you can find someone with an established
tc or orchid flasking business who can sell you the small amounts you
seem to need.

Kay Klier  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 6 Mar 95 17:14:24 -0600