Subject: >>>>> HELP with Veietnamese Community Garden - Zone 7 <<<<<

From: [email-masked] (Zorka)
Date: 4 Mar 1995 23:10:11 -0500

I am completing the Georgia Extension Master Gardening Course. As part of
my internship, I have been approached by the Good Shepard Community Center
to help plan a vegetable and flower garden at their location in Atlanta,
Georgia USA. As I understand it, this is a very large Vietnamese community
of refugees and some immigrants - 2,000 - 3,000 people. The people live in
crowded conditions and work very hard in a foreign urban environment. They
are farmers and love their old ways- as well they should. 

The garden idea was conceived by Sr. Christine, in the hope that her
adults would be able to get back into the soil. They are farmers! The
children are looking forward to growing flowers. 

Sister is striving to preserve Vietnamese culture in the community. She
has virtually no help and very little money to carry on the worth projects
& needs of the community. 

IF YOU CAN ASSIST ME WITH DONATED ASIAN SEEDS AND/OR PLANTS, THANK YOU. I
would appreciate it. We are in Zone 7. 

IF YOU CAN ASSIST OR ADVISE IN ANY OTHER WAY, THANK YOU. Any and all help 
would be GREATLY appreciated.

Please e-mail all information to me.

Maria Zorka
Georgia Master Gardener Program
Urban Gardening Project
Atlanta, GA  USA
art@ america.net