Subject: Milkweed--where to find?

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 7 Mar 1995 06:04:53 GMT

I would like to know where Milkweed can be obtained?  I work at a garden 
center and none of my plant material suppliers have it.  Can someone give 
me the botanical name?  I can't find it in the most basic garden books!  
Sunset is useless, much to my surprise.  Thanks in advance.

--

                 _______________________________________________
                |                                               |
                |    Steven A. Reynolds    Santa Barbara, CA    | 
                |    [email-masked]       Amateur Radio: AA6OT |
                |_______________________________________________|

---

From: "E. Gilding" <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Mar 1995 08:14:37 GMT

> Sunset is useless, much to my surprise.  Thanks in advance.
There are numerous types of "milkweed".  All "milkweeds" are members of
the plant family, Asclepiadacae.  Asclepias tuberosa is the the
usual find in the catalogs, I've never seen Asclepias for sale
in seed packets by Burpee at local garden centers, try Parks seed Co.
they sell a few species plus a hybird mix called "gay Butterflies"
that is a mixture of all of the differnt colors.  If youre looking
for something rare in terms of Asclepias, you'll have to co around the United states a huntin as the unusual
ones with green or purple flowers are hard to find.

Parks Seed Co.
PO Box 46
Highway 254 North
Greenwood, SC 29648-0046

they'll send ya a nice magazine like color catalog for free.