Subject: Re: Beneficial Nematodes

From: [email-masked] (MarkS45467)
Date: 1 Mar 1995 23:41:47 -0500

Nematodes are microscopic worms.  They live in the soil so putting them on
your plants wont do much good.  If fungal gnats lay eggs in the soil I
suppose the nematodes eat them.

---

From: Bryce Grevemeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Feb 1995 22:19:33 GMT

I've been reading a catalog from a place called "Gardens Alive"

They offer a product called "Benificial Nematodes" which are supposed
to attack fungus gnats (in a laundry list of other nasties).

1/	What are they?  A microscopic worm?

2/	Do they winter?  ie, do I put them on once and for years 
and years, they continue to protect my yard and garden, or do I 
have to put them on every year?  (I'm in about zone 5)

3/	I considered getting them and putting them on my house 
plants, to take care of the Fungus Gnats that I have been having 
trouble with.  Does this make sense?

Anybody have any experience with Nematodes? 
Anybody have any experience with Gardens Alive?  ie. do their
	nematoedes have "more vitality" then their compedators
	brand X Nematodes?