Subject: Re: Help designing flower beds

From: [email-masked] (Nita Richard)
Date: 14 Mar 1995 12:42:19 -0500

You could duplicate the flower gardens pictured in garden catalogs
like Springhill.  They frequently have diagrams showing the layout and
list the plants to be included.  You don't have to buy their plants
(I personally don't like Springhill) but you can sure take advantage of
the flowerbed diagrams they put in their catalogs!  Or then again you can
do as I do and just plant what plants give me the "warm fuzzies" and be
done with it.   Just a thought.

-- 
Nita Richard 
Georgia Institute of Technology, "Home of the 1996 Olympic Village"             Atlanta Georgia, 30332-0181
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!nr5
Internet: [email-masked] (404)853-0050

---

From: Susan Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Mar 1995 15:11:32 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> Ute R.Willmore,
[email-masked] writes:
>I know I can handle the work ones the design is done, but I can't afford
>a landscape architect. I have a fairly good idea of what kind of flowers
I want,

This is a difficult thing to do over the net (though if anyone is willing
to try, I'm certainly not trying to discourage them) but you might try
some of the local nurseries to see if they have free or low cost design
service; many do, under the assumption that you'll be buying lots of
plants from them.  Try taking in a sketch of the area you'd like to work
with and a list of plants you want to incorporate, and I'll bet you'll
find somebody to work with you.                       -Sue Sanders