Subject: Artichokes--DE, growing tips

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Schimmel)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 13:29:21 GMT

Anyone got any? I have 6 healthy seedlings n my basement, lots of
gardening books and no artichoke advice. Do I have a chance of growing
them in my zone 7 Delaware garden and what do they like?
E-mail requested to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Mbwa Baka)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 14:52:19 -0500

I am also interested in growing artichokes, but I live in Houston.  Any
advice?  Has anyone even tried it here?  I'll be watching.

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 03:31:53 GMT

>E-mail requested to [email-masked]

My artichokes are on their fifth year in Maryland.  They like
lots of compost.

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Mbwa Baka)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 14:52:19 -0500

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 03:31:53 GMT

Chris Owens

---

From: Wayne Weichel <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Mar 1995 16:06:45 GMT

New stalks emerge regularly from the base of my artichoke plants.  Is it best to   
pull these new starts, focussing energy into one stalk, or should I let a few   
develop?

---

From: Wayne Weichel <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Mar 1995 16:06:45 GMT

---

From: Libby Goldstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 09:55:42 -0800 (PST)

Let one of the offsets on each plant continue to grow in place and
dig the others for transplanting elsewhere.

Good luck

Libby

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 02:39:06 GMT

>pull these new starts, focussing energy into one stalk, or should I let a few   

Oh, let them grow.  That way you will get more artichokes.  :)
Just remember to cut them all off every fall.

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 02:39:06 GMT

Chris Owens