Subject: Re: Bush tomatoes need "frame"? and more....

From: [email-masked] (Kate Maskar)
Date: 29 Mar 1995 22:35:30 GMT

Some of my bush tomatoes got pretty tall last year and did need some
support to keep them from sprawling everywhere, though some varieties
are pretty compact. The best all-round gardening book I've come across
is The Garden Primer by Barbara Damrosch. It covers everything from
vegetable gardening to wildflowers, roses, bulbs, trees, perennials and
annuals and is coherently and engagingly written. Another favorite is
The Complete Guide to Organic Vegetable Gardening by Sheperd Ogden. He
is also the owner of The Cook's Garden, a Vermont seed catalog company
with a great collection of seeds and supplies. Hope this helps!
Kate ([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (Brad Andrews)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 16:18:37 GMT

In article [email-masked], [email-masked] (Kate Maskar) writes:
]Some of my bush tomatoes got pretty tall last year and did need some
]support to keep them from sprawling everywhere, though some varieties
]are pretty compact. The best all-round gardening book I've come across
]is The Garden Primer by Barbara Damrosch. It covers everything from
]vegetable gardening to wildflowers, roses, bulbs, trees, perennials and
]annuals and is coherently and engagingly written. Another favorite is
]The Complete Guide to Organic Vegetable Gardening by Sheperd Ogden. He
]is also the owner of The Cook's Garden, a Vermont seed catalog company
]with a great collection of seeds and supplies. Hope this helps!

Thanks.  Though I kind of have to decide whether I want a surrounding
frame before the bushes get too large.  :)  If they grow too big first it
would be too late.  I am leaning towards just putting one there.

---

Brad Andrews
[email-masked]
All opinions are strictly mine