Subject: Re: Landscape Construction Material

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Mar 95 15:06:09 -0600

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Sanny) writes:
> <<I discovered a very interesting product.  
> <<Can't remember the trade name, but it is basically *plastic wood*. 
> <<100% post-consumer recycled soda bottles, formed into log-like shapes
> <<about 4" 
> 
> Organic Gardening mag has it in this months issue in the article on raised
> bed materials.  OBEX is the brand name.  About $90 for a 4x4 kit.  They
> like it and had a display at GardenFest last year.  Also makes compost
> bins.

There are several companies that are producing "plastic lumber".  Since
it is extremely heavy stuff, it makes sense to purchase from a local
supplier if at all possible.  Talk to your local recycling agency
or state solid waste disposal authority to see if you can locate a 
similar product near you.  Around here, $90 for 16 or 32 linear feet of
plastic 2x4 would be a little steep!

Kay Klier  [email-masked]