Subject: Grapes, North Fla

From: [email-masked] (Valerie Colvin)
Date: 13 Mar 1995 13:02:57 -0500

We have recently purchased an older home with an established grape
arbor.  How do I maintain this feature of the garden.  I have seen
some garden keep a main stem along a main pole or main wire and the
other vines are cut out.  What do you fertilize with?  
When do you prune?  Thanks.
-- 
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
V. N. Colvin           "The pure and simple truth is 
Tallahassee, FL             never pure and rarely simple."
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

---

From: [email-masked] (Rick Duff)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 08:46:00 -0500

<<***** On 3/13/95, VALERIE COLVIN wrote to ALL: *****>>
VC>We have recently purchased an older home with an established grape
VC>arbor.  How do I maintain this feature of the garden.  I have seen
VC>some garden keep a main stem along a main pole or main wire and the
VC>other vines are cut out.  What do you fertilize with?  
VC>When do you prune?  Thanks.
You should prune sometime between January and maybe March (Now!) in your
area.  How you prune it depends on the type of grape (if you have the
southern 'Scuppernog' type.. it grows a ton!  Cut back a bunch. I would
cut back to 1 main truck and then leave shoots on the top of your
trellis.  The determining factor is whether you want looks or fruit most.

[email-masked]
---
 þ VbReader 2.01 #NR þ Opposite of Pro is Con, Opposite of PROgress,CONgress?