Subject: Re: hands like sandpaper - help?

From: [email-masked] (Judith C. Price)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 17:56:15 GMT

When I have rough hands, I use a tip from Mary-Ellen's Handy
Hints books.  She recommended it for smells like garlic on the
skin, but I think it works for that because it takes off the top
layer of skin.

At the sink, put a small pile of salt in your palm, dampen with
lemon juice (bottled works fine).  Rub the resulting paste all
round your hands, concentrating on the worst spots, but not being
too hard on the tender.  Rinse off, then apply vaseline or, in
less extreme cases, hand lotion.

This even works on the top, dirty layer of blackheads (uck!)
I don't find it irritating, unless I rub too hard, and it
leaves my hands nice and smooth,

Judith

---

From: [email-masked] (Fellwalker)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 21:15:40 GMT

Judith C. Price ([email-masked]) wrote:
: When I have rough hands, I use a tip from Mary-Ellen's Handy
: Hints books.  She recommended it for smells like garlic on the
: skin, but I think it works for that because it takes off the top
: layer of skin.

: At the sink, put a small pile of salt in your palm, dampen with
: lemon juice (bottled works fine).  Rub the resulting paste all
: round your hands, concentrating on the worst spots, but not being
: too hard on the tender.  Rinse off, then apply vaseline or, in
: less extreme cases, hand lotion.

    Whats really funny is that thousands of women pay hundreds of dollars 
to have that done to their skin in "Spas". 

    I just buy gallons of Jergens "Ever Soft" (which doesn't wash off 
the next time you get your hands wet) and try to keep up with it. It 
doesn't sting like Vasaline lotion.

--Max
-- 
--  ...with rings on her fingers and bells on her toes... <[email-masked]>