Subject: Re: Squirrels and strawberries

From: [email-masked] (Pat and George Kiewicz)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 16:48:33 GMT

helen ruth etters ([email-masked]) wrote:
: > Try spreading some caltrops right around the strawberry pots.
: > 
: > Chris Owens

: What is/are caltrops?  I also have squirrells and rabbits eating my garden
: and would like to know what I can do.  They eat strawberries, peas,
: lettuce, spinach, and even dig up flower bulbs.

Some people claim that is another word for Sweet-gum seed pods. ;^)

But seriously...

Caltrop:  (Mil.) An irom ball armed with four sharp prongs or spikes,
placed like the angles of a tertrahedron, so that when thrown on the
ground it has always one spike projecting upwards:  Used to obstruct
the advance of cavalrey, etc.  (Oxford English Dictionary)

Pat in Plymouth MI

-- 
                           ====================
        We do not speak for the Suburban Communications Corporation.
	The Suburban Communications Corporation does not speak for us.

---

From: [email-masked] (Pat and George Kiewicz)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 16:48:33 GMT

But seriously...

Pat in Plymouth MI