Subject: How do I rejuvinate my lawn?

From: [email-masked] (Tabitha Conwell)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 14:52:21 GMT

I never thought I'd care about making my lawn look better, but my front lawn
is looking kind of shabby and making the flower beds look bad.

We have about 1/3 acre of grass.  The side and most of the back lawn is fine.
It's thick and green with very few weeds.  It does grow too fast for my 
taste, but hey, you can't have everything.  The problem is the front lawn is
downright ugly.  So, do I rip it all out, build up the soil and plant a new
lawn or do I try to rejuvinate what's there?  The area is about 25' x 25'
with a 18' in diameter circular herb garden in it.  I intend to do away with
more of the lawn and put in more beds for flowers and herbs, so I don't want
to invest a lot of time/money on the grass but I would like it to look better
than it does now.

Any ideas?  My neighbor has supplied us with lots of rotted horse manure.  
Could I use this on the lawn in some way?  I'd prefer not to use a lot of
chemicals if possible.

Thanks,
Tabby Conwell
-- 
-
Tabitha Conwell  [email-masked] 
Wooster, OH   
///////////////////////////////////*\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\