Subject: Planting bulbs in Spring...

From: [email-masked] (Mark H. Ford)
Date: 30 Mar 1995 13:04:15 -0500

My parents are selling their house. It has a wonderful garden with *MANY* 
daffodils and tulips which my wife and I would like to transplant into 
our garden. Although it is obviously optimal to plant bulbs in the fall, 
are there any comments out there on doing a transplant in the spring?

-mark
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 31 Mar 95 00:12:08 -0600

> are there any comments out there on doing a transplant in the spring?
You can transplant almost any plant any time if you get a big enough 
rootball and put it as quickly as possible into a predug hole that
closely matches its old home in soil type and exposure.

However, it's often easier to write into the sale contract that the
bulbs are *not* included with the house and property, and current
owners retain the rights to remove them if they so desire by (fill in
a date here).

Kay Klier  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Bonner)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 04:49:23 GMT

>[email-masked]

They don't like it but it can be done.  You will have to dig them up and take 
as much soil as possible.  then heal them in where you want to.  You should 
also cut back the foliage to compensate for the loss of roots.

Good Luck

Don
*****************************************************************************
>From each according to their abilities.
To each according to their needs.
                                          [email-masked]
*****************************************************************************

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Bonner)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 04:49:23 GMT

Good Luck

Don

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Bonner)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 04:49:23 GMT

Good Luck

Don

---

From: [email-masked] (syed husainy)
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 12:11:58 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
>From: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: Planting bulbs in Spring...
>Date: 31 Mar 95 00:12:08 -0600

>Kay Klier  [email-masked]

Bulbs do well with some bonemeal at the time of transplanting...also watch out 
for proper depth of planting
[email-masked]