Subject: HELP: Composter from chemical barrel. Danger?

From: [email-masked] (Michael Tavares)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 13:49:07 GMT

I made a composter using a 30 gal plastic barrel I got from a friend.
The barrel was labeled:

NON-PHOSPHATE DESTAINER
sodium hypoclorate
sodium hydroxide
water
Do Not Reuse for food storage

Is it save to compost in this and use the resulting compost for
gardening?

Also:  I just did some landscapeing and put a bunch of evergreen ground
cover material into the composter.  A friend said I should add lime to
counteract the evergreens acidity.  Any other suggestions.  Is this
accurate?

Please reply by email as I don't frequent this newsgroup.

TIA

=MikeT
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Mike Tavares          | [email-masked]  | Write down the position   |
| Software Engineer     |                      | and velocity of every     |
|      -----            |      -----           | particle in the universe. |
| Computer Dynamics     | Ph.  (803) 877-8700  | use additional paper if   |
| 105 S. Main St.       | Fax. (803) 879-2030  | necessary.                |
| Greer, SC  29650      | BBS. (803) 968-0080  |       Email for PGP key   |
|=======================================================================   |
|              Computer Dynamics - The Flat Panel Experts                  |
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------