Subject: Re: Buffalo Grass

From: [email-masked] (Bob Batson)
Date: 10 Mar 1995 17:19:33 GMT

D416B/Dave Daulton/X4410/D/B ([email-masked]) wrote:

: I am working on a proposal to turn some acres around my work site
: into natural plantings--to save my company some $$$s, and our
: environment some pollution.

: I am working from a proposal that was accepted at another site, in
: Naperville, Illinois.  However, that proposal uses a lot of buffalo grass,
: and from past dicussions on rec.gardens, I seem to recall that
: bufallo grass might not do well back here in Columbus, Ohio (too
: wet).

: Is that true?  If so, is there anything comparable that would work here?

I don't have an answer for you, but following's a list of published 
references to Buffalo grass
---------------------------------------------------------------------

NAL ONLINE CATALOG  - - - - - - - - - ISIS -PUBLICATIONS WITH SELECTED KEYWORDS
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                    (5)

 NAL CALL NO: DISS 70-25,561                                                   
      Author: Sorensen, Kenneth Alan, 1944-                                   
       Title: Factors influencing the biology of the buffalograss webworm,     
              Surattha indentella Kearfott, (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) / by
              Kenneth Alan Sorensen. --                                  
   Publisher: 1970.                                                            
 Description: iv, 125 leaves ; 21 cm.                                          
        Note: Bibliography: leaves 92-94.                                      
        Note: Photocopy. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1971.       
        Note: Thesis (Ph.D.)--Kansas State University, 1970.                   
   Other Loc: DNAL DISS 70-25,561                                             

2
NAL ONLINE CATALOG  - - - - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - - - - CATALOG CARD
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                  (2/5)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 100 W99 (1) no.293                                               
      Author: Beetle, Alan A. 1913- (Alan Ackerman),                          
       Title: Buffalograss, native of the shortgrass plains / by A.A.          
              Beetle.                                                     
   Publisher: Laramie, Wyo. : University of Wyoming, Agricultural              
              Experiment Station, 1950.                                   
 Description: 31 p. : ill., map ; 21 cm.                                       
      Series: Bulletin / University of Wyoming, Agricultural Experiment       
              Station ; 293                                               
        Note: Bibliography: p. 25-31.                                          
  LC Subject: Grasses -- Wyoming.                                             
  LC Subject: Grasses -- Varieties. -- Wyoming                                

NAL ONLINE CATALOG  - - - - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - - - - CATALOG CARD
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                  (3/5)
3 
 NAL CALL NO: 100 K13S (1) no.400                                              
      Author: Launchbaugh, John L.                                            
       Title: Grazing reseeded pastures : buffalograss, western                
              wheatgrass, intermediate wheatgrass, on lowlands at Hays,   
              Kansas / by John L. Launchbaugh.                            
   Publisher: Manhattan, Kan. : Agricultural Experiment Station, Kansas        
              State College of Agriculture and Applied Science, 1958.     
 Description: 24, [1] p. : ill. ; 23cm.                                        
      Series: Bulletin ; 400                                            
        Note: Bibliography: p. [25].                                           
        Note: "Contribution no. 126, Fort Hays Branch, Hays, Kansas"--T.p.     
  LC Subject: Grazing -- Kansas.                                              
 
4
NAL ONLINE CATALOG  - - - - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - - - - CATALOG CARD
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                  (4/5)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 100 Ok4 (4) no.109                                               
      Author: Ahring, Robert M. 1928- (Robert Morris),                        
       Title: The management of buffalograss Buchloe dactyloides (Nutt.)       
              Engelm, for seed production in Oklahoma / Robert M. Ahring. 
   Publisher: [Stillwater, Okla.] : Oklahoma State University, Experiment      
              Station, 1964.                                              
 Description: 20 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.                                            
      Series: Technical bulletin ; no. T-109                                  
        Note: Bibliography: p. 19-20.                                          
        Note: "The research reported herein was done under Agricultural        
              Research Service Project C7-3 and Olkahoma Agricultural     
              Experiment Station Project 784"--p. 5.                      
 
5
NAL ONLINE CATALOG  - - - - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - - - - CATALOG CARD
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                  (5/5)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 100 N27 (3) no.180                                               
      Author: Weihing, John Lawson, 1921-                                     
       Title: False smut of buffalograss / John L. Weihing.                    
   Publisher: Lincoln, Neb. : University of Nebraska, College of               
              Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1956.         
 Description: 26 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.                                            
      Series: Research bulletin / University of Nebraska, College of          
              Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station ; 180          
        Note: Bibliography: p. 26.                                             
        Note: "A portion of a thesis presented to the Graduate College of      
              the University of Nebraska in partial fulfillment of the    
              requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosohphy"--p. 5.

w/buffalograss
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - KEYWORDS SEARCHED

 1.   buffalograss                                                  32 ENTRIES

1
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                 (1/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: SB193 F59                                                        
      Author: Mowrey, D.P.                                                     
ArticleTitle: Steer performance with continuous grazing or first-last          
              grazing on buffalograss.                                    
Source Title: Proceedings of the Forage and Grassland Conference. 1986.        
       Pages: p. 47-51.                                                        
        Note: Includes references.                                             
 CAB Subject: steers.                                                          
 CAB Subject: performance.                                                     
 CAB Subject: grazing systems.                                                 
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: ranges.                                                          

2
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                 (2/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 64.8 C883                                                        
      Author: Horst, G.L.                                                      
ArticleTitle: Seasonal and species variation in baseline functions for         
              determining crop water stress indices in turfgrass.         
Source Title: Crop science. Sept/Oct 1989. v. 29 (5)                           
       Pages: p. 1227-1232.                                                    
        Note: Includes references.                                             
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: cynodon dactylon.                                                
 CAB Subject: stenotaphrum secundatum.                                         
 CAB Subject: festuca arundinacea.                                             
 CAB Subject: lawns and turf.                                                  

3
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                 (3/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 100 C12CAG                                                       
      Author: Wu, L.                                                           
ArticleTitle: Buffalograss as a low-maintenance turf.                          
Source Title: California agriculture - California Agricultural Experiment      
              Station. Mar/Apr 1989. v. 43 (2)                            
       Pages: p. 23-25. ill.                                                   
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: cultivars.                                                       
 CAB Subject: lawns and turf.                                                  
 CAB Subject: improvement.                                                     
 CAB Subject: seed production.                                                 
 CAB Subject: color.                                                           

4
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                 (4/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: SB476 G7                                                         
      Author: Riordan, T.                                                      
ArticleTitle: Buffalograss.                                                    
Source Title: Grounds maintenance. Feb 1991. v. 26 (2)                         
       Pages: p. 12-14. ill., maps.                                            
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: cultural methods.                                                

5
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                 (5/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 64.8 C883                                                        
      Author: Engelke, M.C.                                                    
ArticleTitle: Registration of 'Prairie' buffalograss.                          
Source Title: Crop science. Nov/Dec 1990. v. 30 (6)                            
       Pages: p. 1360-1361.                                                    
        Note: Includes references.                                             
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: cultivars.                                                       
 CAB Subject: registration.                                                    
 CAB Subject: agronomic characteristics.                                       
 CAB Subject: improved varieties.                                              
 CAB Subject: plant breeding.                                                  

6
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                 (6/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 64.8 C883                                                        
      Author: Huff, D.R.                                                       
ArticleTitle: Sex ratios and inheritance of anther and stigma color in         
              diploid buffalograss.                                       
Source Title: Crop science. Mar/Apr 1991. v. 31 (2)                            
       Pages: p. 328-332.                                                      
        Note: Includes references.                                             
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: inheritance.                                                     
 CAB Subject: diploidy.                                                        
 CAB Subject: sex ratio.                                                       
 CAB Subject: sex determination.                                               

7
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                 (7/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 156.65 P69                                                       
      Author: Engelke, M.C.                                                    
ArticleTitle: Prairie buffalograss.                                            
Source Title: Plant patent - United States Patent and Trademark Office.        
              May 28, 1991. (7539)                                        
       Pages: 4 p. plates.                                                     
        Note: Includes references.                                             
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: lawns and turf.                                                  
 CAB Subject: cultivars.                                                       
 CAB Subject: patents.                                                         
 CAB Subject: stolons.                                                         

9
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                 (9/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 60.18 SO8                                                        
      Author: Wu, L.                                                           
ArticleTitle: Buffalograss turf performance and management in shade.           
Source Title: California turfgrass culture - California University,            
              Berkeley, Cooperative Extension Service. 1990. v. 40 (1/4)  
       Pages: p. 2-4.                                                          
        Note: Includes references.                                             
 CAB Subject: lawns and turf.                                                  
 CAB Subject: grasses.                                                         
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: management.                                                      
 CAB Subject: shade.                                                           

10
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (10/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 290.9 AM32T                                                      
      Author: Hilton, R.R.                                                     
ArticleTitle: Tines for mechanically lifting plugs of buffalograss turf.       
Source Title: Transactions of the ASAE. July/Aug 1991. v. 34 (4)               
       Pages: p. 1642-1646.                                                    
        Note: Includes references.                                             
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: harvesters.                                                      
 CAB Subject: lawns and turf.                                                  
 CAB Subject: lifting.                                                         
 CAB Subject: tines.                                                           
 CAB Subject: vegetative propagation.                                          

12
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (12/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: QH540 J6                                                         
      Author: McFarland, M.L.                                                  
ArticleTitle: Selective-placement burial of drilling fluids. II. Effects       
              on buffalograss and fourwing saltbush.                      
Source Title: Journal of environmental quality. Jan/Mar 1992. v. 21 (1)        
       Pages: p. 140-144.                                                      
        Note: Includes references.                                             
 CAB Subject: atriplex canescens.                                              
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: oilfields.                                                       
 CAB Subject: waste water.                                                     
 CAB Subject: waste disposal.                                                  

13
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (13/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 450 AM36                                                         
      Author: Huff, D.R.                                                       
ArticleTitle: Distribution and inheritance of inconstant sex forms in          
              natural populations of dioecious buffalograss (Buchloe      
              dactyloides).                                               
Source Title: American journal of botany. Feb 1992. v. 79 (2)                  
       Pages: p. 207-215.                                                      
        Note: Includes references.                                             
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: sex differences.                                                 
 CAB Subject: genetic variation.                                               
 CAB Subject: geographical distribution.                                       

14
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (14/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: S544.3 K2K3                                                      
      Author: Leuthold, L.                                                     
ArticleTitle: Buffalograss lawns.                                              
Source Title: MF - Cooperative Extension Service, Kansas State University,     
              Manhattan. Apr 1991. (658,rev.)                            
       Pages: 4 p.                                                             
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: planting.                                                        
 CAB Subject: fertilizers.                                                     
 CAB Subject: application date.                                                
 CAB Subject: pest control.                                                    
  Geographic: kansas.                                                          

15
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (15/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 290.9 AM32P                                                      
      Author: Hilton, R.R.                                                     
ArticleTitle: A mechanical turf plugger for buffalograss.                      
Source Title: Paper - American Society of Agricultural Engineers. Summer       
              1990. (90-1034)                                             
       Pages: 13 p.                                                            
        Note: Paper presented at the "1990 International Summer Meeting,"      
              June 24-27, 1990, Columbus, Ohio.                           
        Note: Includes references.                                             
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: transplanting.                                                   
 CAB Subject: mechanization.                                                   

16
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (16/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 60.18 UN33                                                       
      Author: Bauer, B.                                                        
ArticleTitle: Introducing an improved native: '609' buffalograss.              
Source Title: USGA Green Section record. Jan/Feb 1992. v. 30 (1)               
       Pages: p. 20.                                                           
 CAB Subject: lawns and turf.                                                  
 CAB Subject: golf courses.                                                    
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: nurseries.                                                       

18
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (18/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: SB1 H6                                                           
      Author: McCarty, L.B.                                                    
ArticleTitle: Buffalograss tolerance to postemergence herbicides.              
Source Title: HortScience. Aug 1992. v. 27 (8)                                 
       Pages: p. 898-899.                                                      
        Note: Includes references.                                             
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: lawns and turf.                                                  
 CAB Subject: weed control.                                                    
 CAB Subject: chemical control.                                                
 CAB Subject: 2,4-d.                                                           
 CAB Subject: dicamba.                                                         

19
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (19/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 60.18 J82                                                        
      Author: Olson, K.C.                                                      
ArticleTitle: Shortgrass range vegetation and steer growth response to         
              intensive-early stocking.                                   
Source Title: Journal of range management. Mar 1993. v. 46 (2)                 
       Pages: p. 127-132.                                                      
        Note: Includes references.                                             
 CAB Subject: steers.                                                          
 CAB Subject: grazing trials.                                                  
 CAB Subject: beef cattle.                                                     
 CAB Subject: stocking rate.                                                   
 CAB Subject: grazing systems.                                                 

20
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (20/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 100 T31P                                                         
      Author: Engelke, M.C.                                                    
ArticleTitle: 1991 Update to the buffalograss regional trial planted at        
              TAES-Dallas.                                                
Source Title: PR - Texas Agricultural Experiment Station. 1991. (4887)         
       Pages: p. 30-31.                                                        
        Note: In the series analytic: Texas turfgrass research--1991.          
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: variety trials.                                                  
 CAB Subject: cultivars.                                                       
 CAB Subject: lawns and turf.                                                  
 CAB Subject: phenotypic stability.                                            

21
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (21/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 100 T31P                                                         
      Author: Engelke, M.C.                                                    
ArticleTitle: 'Prairie' buffalograss response to selected pre- and             
              postemergence herbicides.                                   
Source Title: PR - Texas Agricultural Experiment Station. 1991. (4917)         
       Pages: p. 98-100.                                                       
        Note: In the series analytic: Texas turfgrass research--1991.          
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: herbicides.                                                      
 CAB Subject: phytotoxicity.                                                   
 CAB Subject: weed control.                                                    
 CAB Subject: application date.                                                

22
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (22/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 100 T31P                                                         
      Author: Engelke, M.C.                                                    
ArticleTitle: 1992 Update to the buffalograss regional trial planted at        
              TAES-Dallas.                                                
Source Title: PR - Texas Agricultural Experiment Station. Sept 1992.           
              (4981)                                                      
       Pages: p. 10-11.                                                        
        Note: In the series analytic: Texas turfgrass research--1992.          
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: variety trials.                                                  
 CAB Subject: color.                                                           
 CAB Subject: cultivars.                                                       

24
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (24/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 442.8 Z8                                                         
      Author: Huff, D.R.                                                       
ArticleTitle: RAPD variation within and among natural populations of           
              outcrossing buffalograss [Buchloe dactyloides (Nutt.)       
              Engelm.].                                                   
Source Title: Theoretical and applied genetics. Sept 1993. v. 86 (8)           
       Pages: p. 927-934.                                                      
        Note: Includes references                                              
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: genetic markers.                                                 
 CAB Subject: genetic variation.                                               
 CAB Subject: population genetics.                                             

25
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (25/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: SB1 H6                                                           
      Author: Fry, J.                                                          
ArticleTitle: Seeding month and seed soaking affect buffalograss               
              establishment.                                              
Source Title: HortScience : a publication of the American Society for          
              Horticultural Science. Sept 1993. v. 28 (9)                 
       Pages: p. 902-903.                                                      
        Note: Includes references                                              
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: seed treatment.                                                  
 CAB Subject: soaking.                                                         
 CAB Subject: imbibition.                                                      

26
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (26/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 81 SO12                                                          
      Author: Wu, L.                                                           
ArticleTitle: Identifying buffalograss [Buchloe dactyloides (Nutt.)            
              Engelm.] cultivar breeding lines using random amplified     
              polymorphic DNA (RAPD) markers.                             
Source Title: Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science.       
              Jan 1994. v. 119 (1)                                        
       Pages: p. 126-130.                                                      
        Note: Includes references                                              
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: cultivars.                                                       
 CAB Subject: genetic analysis.                                                

27
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (27/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 64.8 C883                                                        
      Author: Taliaferro, C.M.                                                 
ArticleTitle: Registration of 'Bison' buffalograss.                            
Source Title: Crop science. Jan/Feb 1994. v. 34 (1)                            
       Pages: p. 304-305.                                                      
        Note: Includes references                                              
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: cultivars.                                                       
 CAB Subject: registration.                                                    
 CAB Subject: cold resistance.                                                 
 CAB Subject: winter hardiness.                                                
 CAB Subject: lawns and turf.                                                  

28
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (28/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 451 T63B                                                         
      Author: Yin, T.                                                          
ArticleTitle: Effects of exogenous growth regulators and a gibberellin         
              inhibitor on sex expression and growth form in buffalograss 
              (Buchloe dactyloides), and their ecological significance.   
Source Title: Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. Apr/June 1994. v. 121     
              (2)                                                        
       Pages: p. 170-179.                                                      
        Note: Includes references                                              
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: plant growth regulators.                                         
 CAB Subject: paclobutrazol.                                                   

29
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (29/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: QK867 J67                                                        
      Author: Wu, L.                                                           
ArticleTitle: Salt tolerance and salt uptake in diploid and polyploid          
              buffalograsses (Buchloe dactyloides).                       
Source Title: Journal of plant nutrition. 1994. v. 17 (11)                     
       Pages: p. 1905-1928.                                                    
        Note: Includes references                                              
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: salt tolerance.                                                  
 CAB Subject: sodium chloride.                                                 
 CAB Subject: sodium.                                                          
 CAB Subject: potassium.                                                       

30
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (30/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: SB1 H6                                                           
      Author: Browning, S.J. \u University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE.           
ArticleTitle: Heritability estimates of turf-type characteristics in           
              buffalograss.                                               
Source Title: HortScience : a publication of the American Society for          
              Horticultural Science. Mar 1994. v. 29 (3)                  
       Pages: p. 204-205.                                                      
        Note: Includes references                                              
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: lawns and turf.                                                  
 CAB Subject: drought resistance.                                              
 CAB Subject: cultivars.                                                       

31
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (31/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 420 K13                                                          
      Author: Baxendale, F.P. \u University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln,      
              Nebraska.                                                   
ArticleTitle: Tridiscus sporoboli and Trionymus sp. (Homoptera:                
              Pseudococcidae): potential new mealybug pests of            
              buffalograss turf.                                          
Source Title: Journal of the Kansas Entomological Society. Apr 1994. v. 67     
              (2)                                                        
       Pages: p. 169-172.                                                      
        Note: Includes references                                              
 CAB Subject: buchloe dactyloides.                                             
 CAB Subject: pest resistance.                                                 

32
Journal Article Citation- - - - - - - ISIS - - - - - - - - - INDEX CARD CATALOG
YOU CHOSE: buffalograss                                                (32/32)
 
 NAL CALL NO: 4 Am34P                                                          
      Author: Rogler, G.A.                                                     
ArticleTitle: Relative palatabilities of grasses under cultivation on the      
              northern Great Plains.                                      
Source Title: Journal of the American Society of Agronomy. June 1944. v.       
              36 (6)                                                      
       Pages: p. 487-496.                                                      
        Note: Includes references                                              
 CAB Subject: gramineae.                                                       
 CAB Subject: palatability.                                                    
 CAB Subject: strains.                                                         
 CAB Subject: grazing intensity.                                               

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Batson				L 39 12 14 N  94 33 16 W
[email-masked]			Kansas City
[email-masked]			USDA zone 5
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Under the most controlled conditions, the experimental apparatus will
do exactly as it pleases.

---

From: [email-masked] (D416B/Dave Daulton/X4410/D/B)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 22:38:04 GMT

I am working on a proposal to turn some acres around my work site
into natural plantings--to save my company some $$$s, and our
environment some pollution.

I am working from a proposal that was accepted at another site, in
Naperville, Illinois.  However, that proposal uses a lot of buffalo grass,
and from past dicussions on rec.gardens, I seem to recall that
bufallo grass might not do well back here in Columbus, Ohio (too
wet).

Is that true?  If so, is there anything comparable that would work here?

Dave Daulton, Columbus, Ohio