Subject: Garden sign wanted, no smoking

From: [email-masked] (Sherry Bailey)
Date: 15 Mar 1995 21:10:07 GMT

Help!  I'm looking (for work) for a sign that conveys the message that smokers
should use the provided ashtrays not the garden/planter/earth...

I FEEL like I have seen something like this before, but I don't know where.
Any clues, fellow gardeners???  Inconsiderate/stupid smokers coming to my
building are making our nice planter look disgusting, and we need a solution!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sherry

---

From: Susan Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Mar 1995 19:21:29 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> Gary V. Deutschmann Sr.,
[email-masked] writes:
>Tobacco is a plant, if you don't like plants, get rid of your garden!!!

Nicotiana is a lovely plant that I'm sure many of us grow in our gardens.
 We're not talking about a plant here; what we're talking about is
littering, the cigarette butt litter that is tossed around carelessly by
inconsiderate smokers.

I would suggest you get a catalog from Highsmith, Inc.  They'll make
engraved plastic signs in various sizes, your choice of color and type
face, drilled for mounting or not, saying whatever you want, and they're
not expensive (4 x 6", $4.00; 6 x 10", $9.05, to mention just a few
possibilities).  They're a good supplier for some more unusual office
supplies, especially library supplies.  Their number is 800-558-2110.
                                       -Sue Sanders

---

From: [email-masked] (Gary V. Deutschmann Sr.)
Date: 20 Mar 1995 13:00:55 GMT

Did the problem exist before you stopped allowing smokers in your building?

What would happen to your business if smokers quit purchasing from you?

---

From: [email-masked] (Dave Clark)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 14:42:43

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Gary V. Deutschmann Sr.) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Gary V. Deutschmann Sr.)
>Subject: Re: Garden sign wanted, no smoking
>Date: 20 Mar 1995 13:00:55 GMT

>Tobacco is a plant, if you don't like plants, get rid of your garden!!!

Poison ivy is a plant too, but I don't want it growing in my yard.  Does that 
mean I should stop my vegitible garden?  Or would you like me to dry them and 
roll them and send them to you to smoke?

Peyote is a plant.  But I wouldn't want to be riding in a plane that the pilot 
had just consumed some.  Does this mean I shouldn't have a garden?

--------------------
Dave Clark - Data General Corp. Westboro, MA
[email-masked]

Opinions expressed are my own.  Any resemblance to other opinions
living or dead are purely coincidental.
--------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (TulCyn)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 15:27:15 -0500

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Gary V.

>Tobacco is a plant, if you don't like plants, get rid of your garden!!!

Yes, tobacco is a plant but cigarette butts are unsightly trash.   Too
many unresponsible smokers consider the world their ashtray.   My idea:  a
toilet seat ashtray with a sign, PUT YOUR BUTT HERE!

TulCyn

---

From: [email-masked] (Dave Clark)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 14:42:43

--------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (TulCyn)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 15:27:15 -0500

TulCyn