Subject: Filler that bonds to wood.

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Almloff)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 16:18:38 LOCAL

I just built a planter around the base of a maple tree and one of the 
landscape timbers was a little warped.  I need something to fill a 3/4" gap 
between two timbers to keep the dirt in.

Kevin

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Cook)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 21:16:07 GMT

>between two timbers to keep the dirt in.

Instead of filling it in, could you just nail a piece of wood across
the gap on the inside of the planter?  If it's buried by soil, it'll
never show.
--

Jeff Cook                                 [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 24 Mar 1995 14:32:34 GMT

--
In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Jeff Cook) writes:
|>
|>In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Kevin Almloff) writes:
|>
|>>I just built a planter around the base of a maple tree and one of the 
|>>landscape timbers was a little warped.  I need something to fill a 3/4" gap 
|>>between two timbers to keep the dirt in.
|>
|>Instead of filling it in, could you just nail a piece of wood across
|>the gap on the inside of the planter?  If it's buried by soil, it'll
|>never show.

I had one timber that was also warped and it left about a 1/2" gap but I
didn't fill it in.  Since this timber is in the middle of a stack of 3 high
It is gradually straightening out from the weight of the one on top of it.  No
dirt is coming out either - I figured it would add more drainage if needed.

Regards, Bonnie
  Mama to Bobby 9/5/91 and Aunt Bonnie to Hayden 3/7/95
*******************************************************************
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Cook)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 21:16:07 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: 24 Mar 1995 14:32:34 GMT

Regards, Bonnie

---

From: Bob Ray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 03:39:07 GMT

>between two timbers to keep the dirt in. 
 
   I would either use colored silicone caulk or cut a small redwood wedge   
to drive into the crack.  Most wood fillers wouldn't last for exterior use. 
Bob

---

From: Mary f <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Mar 1995 20:50:19 GMT

> between two timbers to keep the dirt in.
___________________________

That's a large gap to try to do with a wood filler (like the
Elmers).  What about some shims?  line them on the inside wehre
the gap is and tack them down with staples or nails (that won't
show through to the front side.  Or just cut another piece of wood
3/4" and plug (But I guess it depends on what your gap looks like).

Hope you find a good solution.

mary f.