Subject: vertical apple tree

From: [email-masked] (Sid Prudil)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 03:15:17 GMT

I'm about to order a vertical apple tree from a nursery here.  It seems 
that this tree has just become available in my area but has previously 
been available in the US and UK.

Can anyone tell me about this tree.  Its characteristics, growing 
conditions and hardiness.

The tree is supposed to be a dwarf tree that grows vertical and puts out 
very little side growth if any but still fruits.  It is supposedly ideal 
for a small area.

Sid Prudil ([email-masked])

-- 

Sid Prudil <[email-masked]> Scarborough, Ontario, Canada

Ahead Warp factor 9 .... Engage!

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Campbell)
Date: 24 Mar 1995 19:20:08 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Sid Prudil) writes:
|> I'm about to order a vertical apple tree from a nursery here.  It seems 
|> that this tree has just become available in my area but has previously 
|> been available in the US and UK.
|> 
|> Can anyone tell me about this tree.  Its characteristics, growing 
|> conditions and hardiness.
|> 
|> The tree is supposed to be a dwarf tree that grows vertical and puts out 
|> very little side growth if any but still fruits.  It is supposedly ideal 
|> for a small area.

   I'm interested in these as well.  Stark Bros. carries them under the
name Colonade.  They have 5 different types.  They advertise growth to
8 ft tall and 2 ft dia.  and can be grown in containers. 
    
-- 
Rich Campbell
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Karen Coates Fryer)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 11:52:54 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>
>I'm about to order a vertical apple tree from a nursery her
In Australia we have a relatively new apple tree called Ballerina.  It 
sounds like your tree.  From what I have seen in nurseries they are
about 30 cm wide and maybe a couple of metres tall.  Only two varietties
of apples are availble here, a crab apple and a red apple similar to
Jonathan.  They are supposed to be easy to grow.

Karen

---

From: [email-masked] (Karen Coates Fryer)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 11:52:54 GMT

Karen

---

From: [email-masked] (Karen Coates Fryer)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 11:52:54 GMT

Karen