Subject: Re: [Q] Wisteria from other than seed ?

From: Ron Rushing <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Mar 95 19:31:52 CST

In article <[email-masked]> CT, [email-masked] writes:
>>Can somebody out there give me some advice on how to start
>>Wisteria from seed. 

How does one go about growing Wisteria from existing vines ?  The forests
out here are covered this year-- I'd love to add a few plants to my yard.

Ron Rushing
College of Education
S.F.A University
409.468.1424
[email-masked]
"Personal Opinions Only..."

---

From: [email-masked] (Rev4u2c)
Date: 30 Mar 1995 02:38:39 -0500

About a month ago I took a cutting from a vine that had gone crazy in my
in-laws trees.  I cut it (45 degeee angle) dipped it in root tone then
placed it in a top soil and sand mixture. I then covered the pot with a
top ( liter pepsi bottle w/top cut off) after watering.  I now have
sprouts coming out everywhere.  Now my problem is where to put it.  I was
reading in this newsgroup that it is very stong and vigorous  (can pull up
shingles !)   Another said he let his grow as a tree. I think I will try
this.     Hope this helps...........Joann        Zone 7

---

From: [email-masked] (BywaterTN)
Date: 8 Apr 1995 10:01:39 -0400

There's a huge lovely wisteria vine on one of the rental houses on my
property.  I'd love to have a similar one twining round my porch railings.
 I feel unsure about seed gathering.  Has anyone had luck propagating
wisteria from cuttings?

Mary Fairchild
Nashville, TN