Subject: Re: self seeding poppies

From: [email-masked] (Janet Malowany)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 12:50:35 GMT

In a previous posting, Prathima Venkateswar ([email-masked]) writes:
> Growing up in India we had two flower beds that had poppy flowers
> that reseeded. These were large red flowers. Can I get the same
> effect here in Dallas? I have heard that the flowers do not run true
> .... What particular species of poppies should I look for to duplicate
> that here in Dallas?
> 
> Regards,
> Prathima Venkateswar

California Poppy, but it is orange, ont red.

-Janet

--
                   *-*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*-*
                   \      - Janet Malowany -       /
                   /   [email-masked]   \
                   *-*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*-*

---

From: [email-masked] (Prathima Venkateswar)
Date: 29 Mar 1995 22:53:13 GMT

Regards,
Prathima Venkateswar

---

From: [email-masked] (Janet Malowany)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 12:50:35 GMT

-Janet

---

From: [email-masked] (Azureus)
Date: 31 Mar 1995 08:31:20 -0500

[email-masked] (Janet Malowany) writes:
In a previous posting, Prathima Venkateswar ([email-masked])

>-Janet

I just bought a packet of seeds put out by Burpee called "Sunset, Mixed
Colors" California Poppy.  The picture shows cream, yellow, pink, and 
red poppies, as well as orange.  I assume that they're all California 
poppies, but I've never grown them before.

April

--

---

From: [email-masked] (DTDerekson)
Date: 2 Apr 1995 00:57:24 -0500

I have a catalog from a place called Wildseed Farms. I do not know if this
would be what you are looking for, but they have a Red Corn Poppy and sell
seeds in various quantities.  They say it is a hardy annual, native to
Europe. 

You might try calling and have them send you a catalog: 1-800-848-0078.

Good luck!