Subject: Re: Mountain Laurel has black spots

From: [email-masked] (MCWarzecha)
Date: 24 Mar 1995 13:13:37 -0500

Anita Ford writes:

> I have native mountain laurel . . . I have noticed black spots that go
all the way through the leaf.

Could be a foliage fungus.  Similar symptoms nearly killed a dozen of my
newly planted Rhododendron chinoides last summer, but spraying with
fungicide by a tree service brought them right back.  Established plants
are probably in less danger of fatal disease, but foliage damage is very 
unsightly.  You might check with local Extension Service or Ag. Experiment
Station for advice on appropriate fungicide and correct application if you
want to try treating them yourself.

Incidentally, this is my first post to this group.  Thanks, everyone, for
all that I’ve learned while lurking.

Mary Warzecha
Windsor, CT
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (MCWarzecha)
Date: 24 Mar 1995 13:13:37 -0500

Mary Warzecha
Windsor, CT
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Anita Ford)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 23:31:53 GMT

Hello from Manassas, VA.

I have native mountain laurel in the wooded section of my property.  
However, I've notices black spots that go all the way through the leaf. 
 This is my first spring in this house so I'm not very familiar with the 
laurel in each season.  All help will be 'preciated.

Anita Ford