Subject: Lawn Tractors

From: [email-masked] (Mitch Stein)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 15:43:45 GMT

HI,
 
Sorry if this went out I did not see it show up at my site.

     Basically I am looking for advice on a brand of Lawn tractors I have
not heard of before.

now my story:

     I have been looking the last couple of weekends at Lawn tractors,
my house sits on approx 1.2 acres of hilly mostly open grass.  I have
looked at in order of preferance the following brands, Cub Cadet, John Deere,
Torro-Wheelhorse, Troy Built, Snapper, Sears.  My price range is 1,500 to
2,000 dollars. This weekend I came across a brand I am not familiar with,
" Husqvarna ", and am seeking a non salesman's opinion of this brand, as
a Lawn tractor, because I understand that as a Chain saw company they are
well respected. I am looking for a tractor with the following features:

     1. Kholer engine ( forced lubrication ) 12.5 hp min 14hp would be better
     2. Designed for mulching first but convertable to bagging. 
     3. gauge wheels on the deck ( 38-42 inches )
     4. headlights
     5. pto on front ( but then must be built to take the extra abuse )
        for a blade not for snow blowing.
     6. maybe other features I am not thinking of at the moment.

Please send info or opinions on the manufacturer in question or opinions
on any brands I may have missed, I would like to purchase this weekend.

Thanks in advance,

- Mitch