Subject: my first veg garden

From: [email-masked] (George Struk)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 06:16:23 GMT

OK, I'm taking the plunge--my first vege garden is almost all set to 
go--loaded up on peat moss, cow manure, stakes, etc. Started my melons, 
buttercup squash, cabbage, radishes, lettuce. Still want to 
get some course grade vermiculite which I haven't been able to find.
An excellent book is Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew which 
finally inspired me to do it!

---

From: [email-masked] (Polar)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 07:21:59 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (George Struk) 

>finally inspired me to do it!
Mazel tov!  You'll enjoy!  Just curious: What zone are you?  You're 
starting what in my zone (so.calif coast) are "winter" crops like 
lettuce and "summer" crops like melons, at same time.   

Polar

---

From: [email-masked] (Polar)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 07:21:59 GMT

Polar

---

From: [email-masked] (Polar)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 07:21:59 GMT

Polar