Subject: Re: What to do w/ NE side of House?

From: [email-masked] (Hanlerk)
Date: 24 Mar 1995 20:49:16 -0500

Although I'm somewhat south of you (northern end of zone 6) I'll share
what's worked for me...I have  mixed holly (american and japanese),
Pieris, a very hardy azala, Bergenia (although they're a recent addition
and may not work), and for color, Bleeding Heart (Dicentra), Hosta, a
couple of daylilies of unknown varieties, and the ubiqitous Impatiens. 
They're all doing well on the north side of a three story house and while
the border's not tremendously colorful it is interesting and for the most
part green all three seasons.  Rose

---

From: [email-masked] (Hanlerk)
Date: 24 Mar 1995 20:49:16 -0500

---

From: ettings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 95 21:57:20 -0500

I have campanula, flax, thalictrum (meadow-rue), veronica, hosta,
solomon's seal(forgot the Latin name, it begins with a p), Welsh poppy
(meconopsis), and leopard's bane (doronicum), and they're all happy as
can be in Northern Vt., Zone 3...they should be fine in MA.

---

From: ettings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 95 21:57:20 -0500