Subject: Bamboo Information

From: gib cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Mar 1995 18:16:56 GMT

Bamboo is difficult to find. Bamboo information is even harder. I will
gladly answer any questions on the subject. If I cannot and you are
interested I will connect you with the "bamboo group" e-mail list. 
This is only 
for 
serious bambuseros.

Gib
Where the Springs shoots of Moso bamboo are 5 feet tall and growing 
so fast you can watch.

---

From: [email-masked] (Rob Gould)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 02:39:37 GMT

> I will gladly answer any questions on the subject. If I cannot and you are

Hi Gib,

I am wondering what type of fertilization bamboo needs.

Thanks
Rob

---

From: [email-masked] (John L. Chambers)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 20:26:24 -0800

gib cooper ([email-masked]) wrote:

: Bamboo is difficult to find. Bamboo information is even harder. I will
: gladly answer any questions on the subject. 

While not a serious bamboozler, I have been looking for some of the
very large bamboo like I saw used in scaffolding and many other 
"craft" projects in Taiwan.  Will it grow good in middle Georgia
like the cane pole variety does?  Thanks.  jlc.

---

From: [email-masked] (Dorian Deane)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 17:08:47 -0500

gib cooper <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is only for serious bambuseros.

Well, I'm definitely not a bambusero.  I may be a bambusero-wannabe,
but it's too early to say.

I've been looking around for info on growing bamboo, and I can't
find exactly what I'm looking for:

I'd like to grow bamboo indoors and I'd like it to be sort of the
"typical" bamboo (sorry I don't know the species) that looks sort
of like mutant grass with jointed stems and gets really high.  I'd
also like a species that's fast-growing and doesn't need direct
sun (otherwise I'll have to keep a grow light on it).

I also sent email to the guy advertising black bamboo, which sounded
interesting.

Why, yes I am a clueless newbie, why do you ask?  ;-)

Thanks much.

dorian

-- 
Dorian Deane  [email-masked]
House Information Systems
Washington, DC  20515