Subject: anthuriums and scale

From: [email-masked] (Independent Account 1231)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 21:23:46 GMT

My wife's anthuriums have come down with a case of scale insects and we 
need to treat them quickly. Are there any pesticides we should use and 
are there any dangers to the anthuriums from some types pesticides. 
Thanks for your help.

George

---

From: [email-masked] (Information Technology)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 1995 14:06:24 -0700

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

> are there any dangers to the anthuriums from some types pesticides. 

I am from India & we have a good collection of anthuriums.The usual
problems with anthuriums are those meally bugs attacking it(white colored
bug) & then sometimes you see black spots on the leaf stem or spathe stem.
To prevent the spread of these it has to be cut from that place &
destroyed so that it does not spread.With regarding to scaling I am not
too sure what exactly scaling means with regarding to a plant.
  Anyway I am really crazy after Anthuriums & it has become a craze too in
the place where I come from i.e Coorg in Southern India.We have around 50
different shades(totaly around 100 plants) including different types of
Oranges,red, pink , white , some bi-colours also & dwarf ones(lady jane &
Scheraniums etc.). Some of my neighbours have around 300 different shades
with elephant ear anthuriums i.e massive sized spathes. It is really a
viewers delight.
Thank you,
Mandy.