Subject: Vinca is looking bad...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 22:20:16 -0500

Hi,

	We have vinca growing on our front lawn; it was there when we
bought the house.  The front lawn is a pretty steep bank, so it's nice
to have the vines there instead of grass.  Unfortunately, the leaves
on the vines are looking yellow and brown, except for the ones at the
very top of the hill, where the ground levels out, and two old azaleas
offer a bit of shade.  About the yellow/brown leaves: what could be
causing this and what can we do about it?  (It actually started last
spring, with the vines looking a little yellow.  But it seemed stable,
and I never got around to dealing with it.  It looks worse this
spring, though.)

Cindy

---

From: Paula M Craft <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 19:41:07 -0700

Are you keeping it watered?  I have a similar bank of vinca and areas 
that get missed too often turn yellow before I know it.  And banks are 
pretty suseptible to run off so not enough soaks in.
But take heart, it's pretty hardy and spreads quick to revive.  Mine 
patch was overrun by 21 wild turkeys getting to a bird feeder most of the 
winter and it looks like hell now, but I know it'll come back.  And they 
did fertilize it for me!

- Paula Craft

---

From: Paula M Craft <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 19:41:07 -0700

- Paula Craft