Subject: Re: Forest Farm Nursery

From: [email-masked] (Findeis Peter M)
Date: 27 Mar 1995 17:14:17 GMT

My experience with ForestFarm was quite good.  I ordered 20 different
species of woodies and perennials in tubes and had then shipped via
air.  The plants looked GREAT; root systems were fantastic. 
( The two tubes of bamboo that I got from ForestFarm were each 
10 times thicker and healthier than the 1 gal. bamboo from a New England 
based grower specializing in bamboo.)  I definitely plan to order
from ForestFarm again.

--Pete Findeis, Lewisburg PA
 [email-masked]

Susan Sanders ([email-masked]) wrote:
: In article <[email-masked]> Hanlerk, [email-masked]
: writes:
: >Has anyone dealt with a mail order nursery called Forest Farm in
: Williams,

: My experience with them has not been good.  I've received some plants in
: poor condition that did not survive, and plants that were not as ordered
: (species lupines that were supposed to be blue "streamside" lupines
: turned out to be mixed colored Russell's hybrids; I payed a premium price
: plus their excessive shipping charges to get plants I probably could have
: gotten on clearance from K-Mart for less than a buck!  Then I ordered
: Spirea 'Shirobana', the spirea that's supposed to flower in white, pink,
: and red all on one plant; the flowers on the plants I got from Forestfarm
: were all white).  I don't order from them anymore.                -Sue
: Sanders