Subject: frost and lettuce/broccoli

From: [email-masked] (teresa m. esch)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 18:45:07 GMT

According to Square Foot Gardening, lettuce and broccoli are
supposed to be planted outside before the last frost.  So I did
that and we are supposed to get a frost tonight and tomorrow
night.  So do I have to cover the plants or will they be okay
with nothing on them.

Second question:  One of my lettuces disappeared last night -
completely gone.  There's no sign of nibbling that I could see
on the other lettuces.  Any ideas on what might ahve happened?

teresa
--

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 07:59:45 GMT

>on the other lettuces.  Any ideas on what might ahve happened?

Cover the plants.  It isn't supposed to be a really hard frost.
Sounds like you have a gopher.

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 07:59:45 GMT

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 07:59:45 GMT

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Janet Malowany)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 11:59:02 GMT

> night.  So do I have to cover the plants or will they be okay

I would guess that the extra protection wouldn't do any harm, so why not
do it?

> on the other lettuces.  Any ideas on what might ahve happened?

Maybe the bunny (or whatever animal) only ate one lettuce becuase someone
was chasing it.

My 2 cents.

-Janet

--
                   *-*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*-*
                   \      - Janet Malowany -       /
                   /   [email-masked]   \
                   *-*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*-*