Subject: Virtual Mirror Garden Contest

From: [email-masked] (Sesbania Tripeti)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 09:30:42 +1000

We've just begun a garden contest at the Virtual Mirror. Contestants
need to identify the botanical name of a mystery plant. The first person to 
correctly identify the mystery plant will receive an unusual plant supplied by 
Sunshine Farm & Gardens. 

        This month prize:  Spiranthes cernua forma odorata cv. 'Chadds Ford'.

        "A hardy orchid that ANYONE can grow outside in ANY garden that 
has 18" spikes of vanilla-scented flowers in late summer (when nothing 
else is blooming) and is stoloniferous."

        The contest page is at: http://mirror.wwa.com/mirror/garden/contest.htm

        Please stop by!

  Sesbania Tripeti
  
  The Virtual Mirror Garden Patch - 
 <URL:http://mirror.wwa.com/mirror/garden/patch.htm>

---

From: [email-masked] (Bob Stewart)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 21:18:52 +1000

> <URL:http://mirror.wwa.com/mirror/garden/patch.htm>

       WE'VE HAD A WINNER!  

	Sean O'Hara of Oakland, California, submitted the correct answer on 
Wednesday, March22nd, at 16:41 CST. Sean sent in his answer just 24 hours 
after the contest started.

And what was the correct answer? 

	Linnaea borealis  (twinflower)

	 We guarantee this will not happen again. The next 
contest will be a real challenge! 

	Thank you to everyone who participated in this(very brief) contest.

 Bob Stewart

  [email-masked]  - (202) 232-3433   
  The Virtual Mirror -  http://mirror.wwa.com/mirror/  
  1835 Lamont St., NW   Washington, DC  20010

---

From: [email-masked] (Bob Stewart)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 21:18:52 +1000

WE'VE HAD A WINNER!  

 Bob Stewart