Subject: Re: HELP:Looking for CAPSIUM

From: [email-masked] (Richard Morris)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 00:29:51 GMT

In <[email-masked]> Steve 
Roys <[email-masked]> writes: 

>
>On 18 Mar 1995, Janine Dahms Walker wrote:
>
>> I got a great suggestion to put capsium on roses being munched by 
rabbits. 
>> It's  ground up really hot peppers, safe to use around kids and dogs. 
>> Trouble is, In Minnesota, I have checked EVERYWHERE from 
Bachmann's,to
>> garden centers to feed stores to nurseries.  Does anyone have any 
ideas? 
>> Can I get it by mail anywhere?  Thanks!
>> 
>Try your local grocery store or health food store...ground cayenne 
pepper 
>(or bird pepper preferably) should work (the genus is capsicum and the 
>active ingredient is capsaicin).
>

Suggest you contact Dancing Squirrel at 1-800-450-7631 for capsicum 
treated products to discourage animals (won't hurt birds).  They 
advertise in the magazine the "Chili Pepper".

(Usual disclosures)
Richard Morris

---

From: Steve Roys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 10:21:03 -0500

On 18 Mar 1995, Janine Dahms Walker wrote:

> I got a great suggestion to put capsium on roses being munched by rabbits. 
> Trouble is, In Minnesota, I have checked EVERYWHERE from Bachmann's,to
> garden centers to feed stores to nurseries.  Does anyone have any ideas? 
Try your local grocery store or health food store...ground cayenne pepper 
(or bird pepper preferably) should work (the genus is capsicum and the 
active ingredient is capsaicin).

---

From: Steve Roys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 10:21:03 -0500