Subject: Re: Some more questions (was: Re: Septic Helpers)

From: [email-masked] (MCDevinney)
Date: 20 Mar 1995 13:00:03 -0500

>Speaking of the toilet.  Is there a better paper to use for faster
>decomposition?  Or is it really helpful to (ugg) not flush paper but
>instead to trash it?

This is not as horrible as it sounds!  While I was in the Peace Corps I
served in Belize, Central America, and lived with a family that had indoor
plumbing (not all do in Belize).  We had a small trash can next to the
toilet and put all paper, tampons, pads etc. into the basket.  It does not
smell and is not dirty looking - you get used it it very fast.  We then
burned the stuff when the can was full.  Only draw back was keeping the
dog out of the stuff after we burned it - he espically liked sanitary
pads!

Chrissie Devinney
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (MCDevinney)
Date: 20 Mar 1995 13:00:03 -0500

Chrissie Devinney
[email-masked]