Subject: Re: HGTV

From: [email-masked] (Storeybrook Farms)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 95 11:00:25 EST

[email-masked] (Martha Frost) writes:

> In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked]
> >From: [email-masked] (Meredith Morris-Babb)
> >Subject: HGTV
> >Date: Wed, 1 Mar 95 19:32:31 GMT
> 
> >I am curious how many of you folks are getting the new HGTV ( Home and
> >Garden Network) through your local cable systems.  I think it is great
> 
> >I met the folks from HGTV at our local garden show and I promised i would
> >ask around about new programming.  Any Ideas?  I already told them they
> >needed to get Jerry Barker on board, but they are willing to listen to just
> >about any ideas we (Rec. Garden Collective) may have!
> 
> >Meredith
> I am not sure if we get that program in Southern California. Our PBS station 
> has kind of lost my gardening attention. For one thing, it's
> disappointing in the tendency of some garden shows to wander off to exotic 
> lands with huge estates, leaving us at home with our mundane gardens. I'd be 
> interested in a more backyard kind of approach.
> Regards, Martha
> [email-masked]

I couldn't agree more!  Give us more old fashion remedies
and malladies.  Storeybrook Farms

---

From: [email-masked] (Debra Roby)
Date: 14 Mar 1995 12:56:06 GMT

>> >Garden Network) through your local cable systems.  I think it is great

Won't subscribe to cable.  But I would love to get some of the programs. 
HGTV sounds like a winner to me.
>and malladies.  Storeybrook Farms
Thank you both!!  I am beginning to believe that Victory Garden is R.
Morash's reason to take exotic vacations with his wife and write it off as
"doing business."  Was REALLY upset that during last season's summer shows,
which are supposed to be all new material, there were repeated segments
from the winter shows (shown each winter for about 4 years).  Only about
1/2 of each show last season was new.

Wish I could get a GOOD gardening shows on our local PBS station, but they
don't listen to me.  (And I have, therefore, decided not to remain a member
for them).

---

From: [email-masked] (Meredith Morris-Babb)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 95 13:46:03 GMT

Gosh!  I am sorry to hear HGTV has not been picked up by more cable
stations.  It really is great!  For those of you wanting a more "backyard"
gardening experience, they have to programs - "My Garden," and "Gardener's
Diary".  Both programs show ordinary gardens and problems.  The difference
is MG is about a particular garden in Maryland and follows it and the
gardener through the year.  It's a weekly guide to what to do when
gardening.  GD is a travel show that visits different gardens throughout the
US.  These gardeners are people who take different approaches, or who's
gardens have grown into a business, or who specialize in exotic/different
veggies.  These are working gardens, not formal settings, and the methods
some folks use to harvest etc. is fascinating.  There are other rpograms on
gardens (the schedule in front of me listed 15) but these two are my
favorites and provide the most practical methods and interesting arrangements.

Call your local cable comnpany and ask for it.  Don't worry, I don't work
for them at all - I just think its great ot have an entire channel devoted
to our common passion.

mobabbb, Zone 6 or 7 depending on the map.