Subject: Re: Pesky Rabbits

From: [email-masked] (Glenn T. Welsh)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 15:54:27 GMT

In message <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Brent Barmore) 
writes:

>In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Timothy B 
Soules) says:
>>
>>KeithKol ([email-masked]) wrote:
>>: I too am seeking info on repelling rabbits from my flower garden.  Let me
>>: know if you find out anything.

>>The 22 cal. works the best..so does a pellet gun...but let's be nice! A good
>cat can do a lot to keep the population down...especially the little rabbits 
>that grow (eventually) into big rabbits. Only problem is that rabbits do
> scream, when caught by a cat. And the sound will send shivers up and down 
your spine! But, that's "life"!

>>A 22 cal. rifle is a sure fire way!!!, I sorry, I had to say that!!
>The moth ball trick worked for a while untill they became used to the 
>odor, Then I went to planting Marigolds ( the small French, Stinky type)
>That worked for a while untill they became used to them, I tried Dired
>Blood, (available in your local garden center), That worked untill the 
>rain washed it away. It seemed that I tried everything without sucess.
>Finally, I gave up and errected a small (4" tall fence) completely
>around the area...IT WORKED!!!!!! 
>
>>My mother used to put moth balls around.  I don't know if that's a big no 
>>no in the 90's but it worked with the rabbits.
>>
>>Good luck,  Carol Soules
>>

Glenn T. Welsh
Contracting Office

---

From: [email-masked] (Marjorie B. Colley)
Date: 31 Mar 1995 00:38:31 GMT

Try BOBBEX which is available in a quart container and you add it to a gallon
of water.  It works.  I think it is dried blood from slaughterhouses but I'm
not sure. UGH !    : (