Subject: Book on Trees for Central America?

From: [email-masked] (Carol J. Botteron)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 15:10:55 GMT

A colleague is moving to El Salvador and wants to start a nursery to
grow indigenous trees for reforestation.

Can anyone recommend a book or other sources of information on Central
American trees, their preferred conditions, and how to grow them?
Are there other newgroups or email lists where I should ask?

Thank you for any suggestions.  Email is fine since this is probably
not of general interest.

Carol Botteron    [email-masked]

---

From: James Michael Kocher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 15:42:16 -0500

When I visited El Salvador a few years ago, the Lutheran University had
a site not too far from San Salvador where they were doing extensive
research on native and introduced plants and trees.  I took a walk
around the property one evening near dark, so I did not see too much. 
However,  I suggest your friend check them out when he arrives.  

-Jim, Pittsburgh PA

---

From: James Michael Kocher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 15:42:16 -0500

-Jim, Pittsburgh PA