Subject: Re: Filler bonds to wood

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 95 11:38:25 EST

Maple trees are shallow rooted; your recently-built planter might not
be a good idea if you've buried maple roots that need to breathe.  If
you've built up soil around the trunk it's definitely a bad idea. :(

Maybe trim a piece of wood to fit the gap and toenail it there.
(Toenail= nail at an angle to the surface).

Richard Shiell          [email-masked]

IK>I just built a planter around the base of a maple tree and one of the
IK>landscape timbers was a little warped.  I need something to fill a 3/4" gap
IK>between two timbers to keep the dirt in.

IK>Kevin
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ Old gardeners don't die, they just go to seed.

--
Mainframes, Minis & Micros     |     Desert Jewel BBS & Mall
5630 District Blvd.   #114     |     WWW.KERN.COM
Bakersfield, CA      93313     |     TELNET DJ.KERN.COM
LandLine  ==  800-949-1959     |     FTP FTP.KERN.COM