Subject: Re: What's BLOOMIN' in your part of the land?

From: [email-masked] (TIGIBSON)
Date: 13 Mar 1995 09:40:24 -0500

i found a lone johnny jump up (viola) blooming by my patio yesterday. i
had to move the snow and ice off to really see it. my heart was lifted!
then i discovered that my yellow crocus are getting ready to open.
it really is march!

tigibson

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Underwood)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 01:01:36 GMT

The blooming snowmobiles just quit yesterday.  I did see one tulip with a 
lot of guts sticking its leaves through the mud today.  Probable 3 weeks 
till a hint of spring in Turtle Mts. but then it gets beautiful.  
Zone 2 in the hills.

---

From: [email-masked] (George VandenBerghe)
Date: 14 Mar 95 10:47:20 CST

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Marg McKeen, Research Services, ext. 2747) writes:
> In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Wade Woodward) writes:
> >I just thought it would be interesting to hear what people have 
> >blooming in their neck of the woods. It is early March.
> 
> This is depressing...in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada we've had a fairly mild
> winter but it went down to -27 C last night and we have several inches of SNOW
> on the ground.  But the chinook's blowing in so it should be gone by tomorrow.
> (A chinook is a dry wind that blows anywhere from 40 km/hr to 100 km/hr and
> brings warm weather.  It can go from -20 C to +10 C in a number of hours,
> but more typically within several days.  As you can guess, it's rather hard
> on our plants.  It can be -10 to -20 C for a week or two, then +10 or so for
> another week or two, then back again to the deep freeze.)  Needless to say,
> nothing is blooming.  The tulips should be out sometime in April or May.
> 
> ZONE:  3A

    The Middle Atlantic Region (Washington DC)
where I live now is fairly temperate
and moderate except for the very hot
and humid summers.  Tallahassee Fl
where I used to live had more
extremes in spring.  Last frost
date in Tallahassee is sometime
in March or early April and 
hot humid summerlike weather
bringing everything into
rapid growth and tempting
the gardener to plant too early
often precedes the last frost.
Days around 30C and nights
around 20C for a week in March
are often followed by a night
or two of -2C  before the frost
free growing season begins
for good.  (April often
brings a lot of days 
with highs  20-25C and
lows 1-5C and I have seen
days over 32C followed
by nights around 5C for
a week at a time (1986 late
April)

---

From: [email-masked] (angela loughran)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 23:59:24 GMT

Mbwa Baka ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Summer cannot be far behind!

: Amy

Summer; I am still waiting for spring.
--

---

From: [email-masked] (John Woodworth)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 08:19:33

Pussy Willows!

John

"Epater les bourgeios"

---

From: [email-masked] (Okie Mom)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 03:19:11 -0500

Here in central Oklahoma the redbuds' buds are swelling -- should be out
in about two days.  In town the pink flowering crabapples are popping out.
 It's in the high 70s and low 80s, though, so they aren't likely to last
very long.

---

From: Gene Fortanely x0000 <gfortane>
Date: 23 Mar 1995 17:51:44 GMT

Some bluebonnets in my backyard started blooming last week. 
Pansies near my mailbox bloomed all winter, of course.
 
-- 
Eugenio Fortanely                     Motorola, PCS Infrastructure Division
[email-masked]  5555 N. Beach St., 1E
                                      Fort Worth, TX 76137

---

From: [email-masked] (Elizabeth Herrmann)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 14:45:51 -0800

The Daffodils are up here to, in Salem, OR. The azaleas are blooming and 
almost every tree around here has buds and/or flowers. It's gorgeous! 
Unfortunatly at home (Idaho Falls, ID) there is still possibilities of 
snow, but the daffodils are trying there too!

Lisa
***********************************************************************
*   Elizabeth Herrmann			Major: Psychology   	      * 
*   [email-masked]		Minor: English Literature     *
*    								      *
*		"Reality is for those of limited imagination"	      *
*					-R.K.			      *
***********************************************************************

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Mar 95 13:56:53 AST

Just a little note to make you folks feel lucky...

Here in Anchorage, Alaska, it is about 0F degrees, with a windchill to
aproximately -10F.  We got 17 inches of snow last weekend, and 1995 is
the in 3rd place for the highest amount of snow ever recorded.  Bear
in mind, kind folks, that it is the second day of spring.  Have a nice
day.  :)

Just kidding.  But it *IS* going to take FOREVER for all the snow to
melt ...  I don't suppose I'll be seeing anything growing out of the
ground for QUITE a while.
	Kerry Jane
	[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Okie Mom)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 03:19:11 -0500

---

From: Gene Fortanely x0000 <gfortane>
Date: 23 Mar 1995 17:51:44 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (Elizabeth Herrmann)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 14:45:51 -0800

Lisa

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Mar 95 13:56:53 AST

---

From: [email-masked] (Glenna Mileson)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 19:11:36 GMT

>From nearby Seattle...Rhodies are starting, my tulip tree has buds and ready 
to bloom, clematis is in full blossom, Camilla is past it's prime and dying 
off, lots of primroses and daffs.

---

From: [email-masked] (Cara Vandy)
Date: 30 Mar 1995 18:54:37 -0500

Southern NJ - daffodils, forsythia, flowering fruit trees (can't keep 
them straight), violets just starting, marsh marigolds, and hyacinths 
(full and grape)  Also that little weed that grows along the railroad 
tracks - cute little white flowers, now sticking up for the common plant 
in my weed garden.  
		Cara

---

From: [email-masked] (Meredith Morris-Babb)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 95 16:28:35 GMT

East Tennesse - It's here - Spring sprung big time this past weekend.  I got
to go to DC to see the cherry blossoms and came home to:

spirea, late daffs, tulips, redbuds (my all time favorite!), dogwoods,
azaleas, cooumbine, bleeding heart, trillium (lower elevations), mayapples,
violets, flowering apricots, all kinds of phlox, weeping cherries, and a
treasure up the street - a libernium is beginning to bud.

AAHHH....snort, sneeze, hack...I love spring!

Meredith, zone 6 or 7

---

From: [email-masked] (OkieDeb)
Date: 3 Apr 1995 23:39:11 -0400

Oklahoma - late daffodils and early tulips and grape hyacinths and the
pansies planted last fall look like jewels!

And now I actually get home from work in broad daylight and won't have to
wait until the weekend to see them all!

Debby

---

From: [email-masked] (Meredith Morris-Babb)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 95 16:28:35 GMT

Meredith, zone 6 or 7

---

From: [email-masked] (OkieDeb)
Date: 3 Apr 1995 23:39:11 -0400

Debby

---

From: [email-masked] (Meredith Morris-Babb)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 95 16:28:35 GMT

Meredith, zone 6 or 7

---

From: [email-masked] (OkieDeb)
Date: 3 Apr 1995 23:39:11 -0400

Debby