Subject: Safe to dig up Greek Oregano for Propagation?

From: Brian Capouch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 1995 03:04:23 GMT

I've got an aging clump of Greek Oregano here on my little farm in Indiana that
I would like to dig up and divide.  I'm not sure that this is one of the
"approved" methods for this particular species, and the old scraggly clump is 
better than losing the whole lot through ineptitude.

So if anybody out there familiar with midwestern gardening knows whether or not
such a feat is possible, could you please let me know?

Thanks.
-- 
Brian Capouch
Saint Joseph's College
[email-masked]

"You guys quit having such a good time.  This is school!!"

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 26 Mar 1995 13:12:28 GMT

>such a feat is possible, could you please let me know?

Go right ahead.  Your oregano will thank you.  Just be sure to 
not dry out the roots, and have a well-prepared new site.

Chris Owens