Subject: Re: HGTV

From: [email-masked] (The8thCyn)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 22:55:49 -0500

I agree re: the repeats... it's a great idea and there's room for
imrovement.  I've written a letter with some suggestions/ideas, perhaps if
they received more input and realized the ENORMOUS amount of people
they'll eventually reach, they'll put more $$ into new programming!! 

Being from WPB, FL a lot of the gardening shows do not address gardening
in the zone 9/10 area, so I have given up on learning anything useful
here, but enjoy watching just the same.  I miss lilacs the most!! 
C. D. Emerick - West Palm Beach, FL

---

From: [email-masked] (The Polsons)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 17:51:43 -0800

> C. D. Emerick - West Palm Beach, FL 

???
I'm in zone 9 and have had fabulous lilacs for years.... everyone around
here has... I think it's a myth that they won't grow in zone 9!

-Willow     ([email-masked])
---------------------------------------------------
I'm back!!!!! YIPEE!!!!

---

From: [email-masked] (Debbie DeNeese)
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 1995 20:32:35 -1812

> here has... I think it's a myth that they won't grow in zone 9!

Does this apply to Zone 10 also?  My Mom was remarking the same not too
long ago and I'd love to be able to give her good news!

---------= http://inca.gate.net:80/~d_swartz/ =--------------
 Debbie DeNeese                     Email:  [email-masked]
 Neurodisc Records, Inc.            (finger for pgp public key)             
 450 N. Park Road  Suite 700             (305) 963-0555 [voice]
 Hollywood, FL   33021                   (305) 964-1117 [fax]

---

From: [email-masked] (The Polsons)
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 1995 21:39:51 -0800

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

> long ago and I'd love to be able to give her good news!

Sorry, I have no idea! I know some varieties do better in some areas... I
haven't lived that far south, though, so I don't know for sure how lilacs
will do down there.

-Willow     ([email-masked])
---------------------------------------------------
The opinions above are those of a fevered brain...
about 100.3 degrees, if you must know...

---

From: [email-masked] (charles dunn)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 23:16:34 -0500

Wayside has a variety of lilac said to bloom even in zone 9.

---

From: [email-masked] (Debbie DeNeese)
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 1995 20:32:35 -1812

---

From: [email-masked] (The Polsons)
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 1995 21:39:51 -0800

---

From: [email-masked] (charles dunn)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 23:16:34 -0500

---

From: [email-masked] (charles dunn)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 23:16:34 -0500

---

From: [email-masked] (Martha Frost)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 21:49:36 PST

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (The Polsons) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (The Polsons)
>Subject: Lilacs do TO grow in Zone 9! So THERE!
>Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 17:51:43 -0800

>-Willow     ([email-masked])
Descanso Gardens in La Canada, Southern California (Zone 9) has an area of 
many varieties of lilacs that bloom and have the most subtle variations of 
fragrance and colour. I have two that were planted at least 7 years ago. One 
has bloomed  in it's first location until a gopher lopped it down, and then, 
surprise! in a "holding area" wheelbarrow of dirt this spring. About 20 feet 
in either direction on the same east west axis, the second lilac has never 
bloomed.Go figure.
Regards, Martha
[email-masked]