Subject: Re: Pruning Lemons

From: [email-masked] (Bruce A. Moon)
Date: 20 Mar 1995 18:46:10 -0800

Pruning shouldn't help much. Is it possible that you have a 
pollination problem? Do you have many bees? Since you've got blossoms, it 
seems like that may be the missing link. Wild bees have been devastated 
by mites and it isn't likely that you've got any local apiarists. Hand 
pollinating with a camel hair brush might work if you catch them when 
they first open.
Bruce Moon
Rio Linda, CA

---

From: [email-masked] (Martin Waterhouse)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 17:04:41 -0800

Bruce A. Moon ([email-masked]) wrote:
: 	Pruning shouldn't help much. Is it possible that you have a 
: pollination problem? Do you have many bees? Since you've got blossoms, it 
: seems like that may be the missing link. Wild bees have been devastated 
: by mites and it isn't likely that you've got any local apiarists. Hand 
: pollinating with a camel hair brush might work if you catch them when 
: they first open.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try as soon as I see any blossoms. I 
do get numerous fledgeling lemons (little pea sized ones), but they drop off 
before they get any larger. Is this still a pollination problem?

Martin
-- 

"Don't shoot.... say ..... would you like a Jelly Baby?"