Subject: Garden sign wanted, n

From: [email-masked] (Ruth Evans)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 95 12:35:15

>Tobacco is a plant, if you don't like plants, get rid of your garden!!!

I'm sorry, but that statement is NOT logical.  Tobacco, whether smoked,
chewed or inhaled through secondhand smoke, is a proven health hazard.
There are NO plants in my garden that I choose to smoke.  I don't even
have plants in my garden that are known hazards because my critters are
known to periodically take a chomp and I have young nieces and nephews
that visit.

Tobacco as a plant is beautiful (or so I've been told.)  Tobacco as a
carcinogenic drug consumed by million or even billions, should be
eliminated from the earth.

Adults who smoke, rarely choose to do so in places where others are not
affected.  As a teacher, I have seen too many students who have had to
suffer the ill-effects of the smoking of their parents.  (One child was
hospitalized with pneumonia, returned home to her smoker-mother and had
to be rehospitalized because her mother couldn't give up her addiction
even to save her daughter's life.)

Ruth Evans
     __             ___        __
__  ////\  /\/\  /\/ _//\ __  /// | Anne McCaffrey: Master Word Crafter|
\\\//// '\/    \/ / /\/ '\\\\///  | Princess:  Cutest Wiggle Tail Ever!|
 \XX/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\__/\/\/ \XX/   | [email-masked] or [email-masked] |