Subject: frugal bird-feeder protector wanted

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 95 15:08:31 EST

Scavenge a length of barbed wire from an old fence, and circle it at
the base of the pole.  Raccoons, cats, and anything else with tender
foot pads will avoid it.

Richard Shiell          [email-masked]

IP>Would everyone whose busy debating the relative merits of the name
IP>for the new tightwad newgroup please take a moment and give me some
IP>REALLY CHEAP ideas re how to protect my pole-mounted bird feeder from
IP>raccoon ascent. I've seen some inverted cone-shaped thingies (that you wrap
IP>around the pole) in some yards but never in stores. I'm not sure where to
IP>get these things. It would really be nice
IP>to avoid paying yuppie prices for $1 hunk of sheat metal. Please forward or
IP>post any ideas.

IP>Thanks in advance,
IP>jim

IP>[email-masked]

IP>too cheap to splurge for a .sig
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ Old gardeners don't die, they just go to seed.

--
Mainframes, Minis & Micros     |     Desert Jewel BBS & Mall
5630 District Blvd.   #114     |     WWW.KERN.COM
Bakersfield, CA      93313     |     TELNET DJ.KERN.COM
LandLine  ==  800-949-1959     |     FTP FTP.KERN.COM