Subject: Mexican Heather -- Perennial or Annual?

From: [email-masked] (Roger Keyser)
Date: 14 Mar 1995 04:11:56 GMT

Does anyone know whether Mexican Heather is a perennial or an annual?  
Sorry, I don't know the horticultural name, just have the common name.  
We have a friend who doesn't want to wait to find out if it will come 
back this Spring.  I guess he wants to plant in the space now, if it's an 
annual.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

-- 
Roger Keyser_____________________________________________________________
                                                          Interactive
                                                          -------------->
[email-masked]                                        Engineering
                                                          <--------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 95 21:54:20 -0500

Is anyone willing to comment on your favorite annual or perennial?
Thanks, Sharyl

---

From: [email-masked] (Janet Malowany)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 23:40:17 GMT

My favourite perennial is "Bleeding Hearts".  Sorry, I do not know the
scientific name.

-Janet

--
"Horse, thou art truly a creature without equal, for thou fliest
without wings and conquerest without sword."
						-The Koran

---

From: [email-masked] (Donna Maroni)
Date: 15 Mar 1995 23:18:47 GMT

Latin name: Cuphea hyssopifolia.  It is perennial where the climate is 
correct; e.g., Texas, I understand.  Otherwise it is treated as an 
annual.  

Roger Keyser ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Does anyone know whether Mexican Heather is a perennial or an annual?  
: Sorry, I don't know the horticultural name, just have the common name.  
: We have a friend who doesn't want to wait to find out if it will come 
: back this Spring.  I guess he wants to plant in the space now, if it's an 
: annual.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

: -- 
: Roger Keyser_____________________________________________________________
:                                                           Interactive
:                                                           -------------->
: [email-masked]                                        Engineering
:                                                           <--------------

---

From: [email-masked] (TIGIBSON)
Date: 15 Mar 1995 18:55:23 -0500

bleeding heart (dicentra) is definitely on my list of perennials. i also
love forget me not (mystosis). annuals? nasturtium wins hans down - i love
to let the trailing ones wind their way along my paths.
so many flowers, so little space!!

tigibson

---

From: [email-masked] (Peggy Seremjian)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 04:27:29 GMT

I absolutely love four o'clocks. (mirabilis jalapa)
Also in the running are iris, ivy, conifers and clematis.

I wonder if there are gardeners who _dont_ have a favorite.. 
Anyone? Or is picking favorites the nature of the beast?

Peg in Wisc (with extra four o'clock seeds)

---

From: [email-masked] (Madelin Holtkamp)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 10:29:39 -0800

It's hard to have just *one* favorite, but my favorite annual is sweet pea
for their form, colors and scent.  I do love my white dicentra, and I love
my roses.

---

From: [email-masked] (Ashleyrm)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 13:44:51 -0500

Perennials - hostas, astible

annuals - impatiens

---

From: Angela Pilote <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 19:53:23 GMT

Perennials -- Hollyhocks, delphinium, peonies, poppy, foxglove, bee balm

Annuals -- Blue Salvia

---

From: [email-masked] (B GOOGLE)
Date: 29 Mar 1995 20:45:06 -0500

Perennials - Clematis, Delphiniums, Dianthus

Annuals - Impatiens, marigold, Sweatpea

---

From: [email-masked] (B GOOGLE)
Date: 29 Mar 1995 20:45:06 -0500