Subject: State Arboretum of Virginia

From: [email-masked] (JPGallatin)
Date: 12 Mar 1995 15:52:35 -0500

We strongly support the State Arboretum of Virginia.  We would like to use
Internet to spread the word about major events at the Arboretum.  Any
other ideas?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Mar 95 14:09:22 -0400

On my recent skiing trip to White Tail near Haggerstown.  We passed an 
Arboretum which had a sign "Arboretum of Virginia".  Is that the State Arboretum?
It is certainly not well known.  Yes I think we need all the publicity we can get.

SS

---

From: [email-masked] (EM Zaffarano)
Date: 15 Mar 1995 10:26:19 -0500

hi  i once did a summer program thru the University of VA at the state
arboretum of VA. I did a field experiement on plant genetics.
Its a fascinating place, well maintained by dedicated people.  Its more
than just gardens, etc, as there are environmental science summer classes
taught there as well.  it seems to have almost a cult-following, that
appreciates the quiet atmosphere.  I dont know if publicity would ruin
that, even tho it would bring in money