Subject: peach leaf curl

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 95 05:38:53 EST

IN>> Hi folks,
IN>>
IN>> I am in Saratoga, CA, just south of San Francisco by about 45 miles.
IN>> I have PEACH LEAF curl. I sprayed with an oil, maybe in November.
IN>> I haven't been able to repeat the operation because of rain. Maybe
IN>> the rain even washed away my spray and I use that the additive that
IN>> makes it stick better.
IN>> Too late now, the question is - - What can I do to save the crop.
IN>> The peaches, & nectarines all are showing signs of peach leaf curl.
IN>> Is there something I can do now to stop it? I tried picking leaves off
IN>> that were showing signs of distress, but to no avail( far too many leave
IN>> in that were in trouble).
IN>> Thank you in advance for your help.
IN>> Don
IN>> [email-masked]
IN>>
IN>> -------------------------------------
IN>> Don R. Stephens				[email-masked]
IN>>

       Hello Don,
    for the moment make sure that you are feeding your tree( i assume
you meant your peach tree had leaf curl and bot you. If you had leaf
curl that would ne newss!) any way heres the rap.....

    1....feed trees, what are you doing to the soil and how are you
feeding your trees?   The  best way to control leaf curl or any kind of
soil borne fungus is to have healthy soil.
  2....make the best compost you can make...use it as a fertilizer
around fruit trees. Feed twice a year in spring and in fall. Mulch
well. Compost should be also made into a tea. A cup of healthy live
compost placed into a panty hose and tied into a ball(like a tea bag)
and placed inside to hang in a container of solarized , spring,
distilled or filtered water(chlorine water is very bad and can be at the
cause of your problem). Allow to sit for several days then strain into a
sprayer. Add 1 cup Nitron A-35 (1-800-835-0123), 1 tablespoon
Superseaweed (1-800-354-9296) or any natural liquid seaweed avalable. I
would also add 1 cup rock dust( but thats another story).
   3.. use extra fine horticultural oil at 1/3 the prescribed amount and
use Nitron A-35 instead.

   the best time to get a hold of leaf curl or any type of fungual
disease is during the winter months when all leaves are off. Spray with
mixture mentioned in #3 above. do this for several times per month
during the winter month then come spring spray with the compost tea..
all the time paying attention to the condition of the soil via
compost/mulch, avoidance of high nitrogen fert. Rake up leaves if
possible, clean prunning shears with alcohol.

hope this helps you
andrew lopez
the invisible gardener

---
Sent via WorldLink on 04/05/95 at 05:32:56.
From: The Invisible Gardener
      Malibu, CA
      Information on organics.