Subject: Re: OUTDOOR SEEDING OF ONIONS

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 05:33:00 GMT

DD> I just put my onion seeds in the ground. Any tips or suggestions,
DD> success stories or failures.

Should work.. but I've direct seeded chives TWICE now and none of the 
seeds have germinated either time!

 * RM 1.3 01256 * Couldn't repair the brakes, so I made your horn louder

---

From: [email-masked] (DBCHC)
Date: 2 Apr 1995 17:45:42 -0400

I just put my onion seeds in the ground. Any tips or suggestions, success
stories or failures. 

Thanks

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 05:33:00 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (JWOTR)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 22:21:35 -0400

You should find onions easy to grow from seed. Problems  I have run across
are poor germination and this is most likely because of poor seed. Onion
seed has a short shelf-life. They germinate best at aboaut 50F but can
germinate at temperatures over 100. They are heavy feeders (fertilize 1X
month) and need nitrogen.  Remember they are a monocot, same as grasses!

---

From: [email-masked] (JWOTR)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 22:21:35 -0400

---

From: [email-masked] (JWOTR)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 22:21:35 -0400