Subject: __PAGING LYNSEY GEDYE__ (sorry, folks: mail fails)

From: [email-masked] (Bob Kirk)
Date: 1 Apr 1995 15:40:54 -0600

Probably too late; that latest post had the aspect of a signoff, but
since my more recent messages that didn't bounce apparently ran out in a
puddle of packets at the other end, I'll try one last time re the offer 
to source some NZ phormiums:

   [...after running to earth the leading US importer of these, it seemed 
I wouldn't have to send you chasing off after them. But since he was out
of the country until January it took some time to find out he was (in a
manner unfortunately not uncommon among US Pacific NW hort types) not
terribly interested in talking to me...]

   If you're ready to turn off the computer and sail away, please don't
bother.  But on the outside chance you might be lurking for another few
days and could find an address / price for the catalog of Duncan & Davies
(round the corner from Wanganui in New Plymouth) I'd appreciate it.

(do have a number of sources, but if the trials justify assembling
 a comprehensive collection, D&D are obviously the people to go to)

  In any case, thanks for showing a rank newbie the power of the net.
Very first thing in my mailbox was your offer of help from the antipodes -
sent the day after it was received.  Impressive to say the least; sorry I
never (at least so far, fingers crossed) succeeded in making anything of it.
 
                                                        Bob Kirk

[who from a bit of reading suspects us Kansans would
 feel most at home in Canterbury or Central Otago.]

PS: (...or even more so Australia, you lucky devil.)