Subject: Re: When will be Cherry Blossom here?

From: [email-masked] (Sara Larson)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 16:04:34 GMT

Tim Stark ([email-masked]) wrote:
:    I like to check with you.  When will Cherry Blossom be here?  Next
: weekend (March 31-April 2)?  Where can I get info about it?  I know where
: is that basion at Jefferson Memorial.

Tim, when I drove by the tidal basin at the Jefferson Memorial on the
26th there was just a hint of blossom on a few of the lining cherry
trees. Festival information should be in the Washington Post,
especially the Friday paper. In other places there are now (on the
28th) many fruit tree buds. Quick, grab your windbreaker and head for
the trees! And don't forget your kite.

-Sara

---

From: [email-masked] (Jeanne Hinds)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 23:19:12 GMT

> the trees! And don't forget your kite.

Be forewarned that rarely do the cherry blossoms bloom in sync with the
CHerry Blossom festival. The blooms are only good for about five days
and die off.  There are many Cherry Blossom Festivals with no blossoms.

+-----------------------------------------+---------------------------+
| Jeanne Hinds                            | Creativity is the art of  |
| [email-masked]           | concealing one's sources. |
+-----------------------------------------+---------------------------+