Subject: When to plant tomatoes

From: Jeff Stier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 1995 12:37:42 -0500

I live in North/Central N.J. (near Newark Airport) and am going to plant 
tomatoes from seed.   

Burpess says to plant them 6-8 weeks before last frost.

I have a great southern exposure indoors....
Outside the sunlight is adequate but not great.
When should I plant indoors and when should I take them out?
Thanks
******************************************************************************
Jeff Stier
[email-masked]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---

From: Jeff Stier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 15:09:51 -0500

> I start my seeds indoors at 8-10 weeks before the last frost date (May 15 here)

Did you mean March 15? Where are you?
> After this I just plant them in my garden and give a good dose of 1/2 strength
> fertilizer.  I water about a gallon a plant once a week if we do not have rain
> and give 1/2 strength fertilizer every 2 to 3 weeks.  This is the way I grow
> all of my vegetables that I start indoors.

Is that because full strength fertilizer will give too much leaf growth?
I can't WAIT to get started! I think activity will increase on this 
newsgroup with the warm weather in NYC area!
******************************************************************************
Jeff Stier
[email-masked]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!