Subject: Re: Who is Martha?

From: [email-masked] (Wade Woodward)
Date: 14 Mar 1995 13:56:43 GMT

Heck, guys, I think if you take both comments and
mix 'em you might get an small idea of who she isn't. I bet neither one of
you know her personally (me neither) so you can not deduct that she is
a tyrant or that she is the victim of "male" scorn because she is successful.
She like most anyone else is probably just a normal person that liked 
something enough to try it out as a career and WOW! she made it a business.
That is America!? Good for her. So, we come to what is a GARDENER? Is
it someone that gets their hands dirty day in a day out? How often do you
have to get on your knees and dig to be a gardener? Is knowledge about
plants only to be used by oneself? Do you share your information? To whom,
and with how many people? How? If she thinks gardens and plants then she is 
a gardener in my book. Information is growth for "ignorance is the night
of the mind". She grows and shares. She is an asset. Choose what you want
from it and leave the rest behind.....like this post. 
Now, my ten cents worth has depreciated to about a penny. I've got 
plants to plants you know...oh yes, the weeds to pull.
wade (just wade) zone 7-8
  ....on us all, a little rain must fall...
 .....and yes, I've already gotten poisen ivy this year....
......twice, actually....

---

From: [email-masked] (John Woodworth)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 11:11:53

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Wade Woodward) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Wade Woodward)
>Subject: Re: Who is Martha?
>Date: 14 Mar 1995 13:56:43 GMT

>Heck, guys, I think if you take both comments and

[...]

Last night I came home and found Martha Stewart's Living magazine on the 
coffeetable. Apparently, my wife subscribed to it after reading a copy at 
Barnes and Nobles. I picked it up thinking I could dismiss it after a quick 
thumbing through. Instead I found a good how-to on bulding trellises, soil 
composition and a useful, easy-to-do  way of building picture shelves. 

It was well written (albeit a little preppy) and very nicely formatted. I'm 
converted.

John

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Imitation is the sincerest form of parody."

                         Richard Corliss
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~