Subject: Re: Compost pile - dog poop okay?

From: [email-masked] (Walter Vose Jeffries)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 95 21:50:34 EST

In article <[email-masked]> (rec.gardens), [email-masked] writes:
> > My husband asked me to post this....he picks up quite a bit of this disgusting 
> > stuff every morning (we have two good-sized dogs) and he wants to throw it on 
> > my just started compost pile.
> 
> It'll work, but it's not a great idea from a public health standpoint or
> a stench standpoint.

Hmmm... And why are dog poops not okay yet we all love
getting horse, cow, rabbit, etc poops for the compost pile?
Most of the diseases these animals, including dogs, get
don't cross over to humans but all of them do have some
diseases that do cross over so that would not seem to be
the reason. I'm curious as to why several people have said
that dog and cat poops are a public health hazard in the
compost pile yet people advocate using cow, horse and
rabbit manure in the garden and compost pile.

----------------------------------------------------------------
BlackLightning, Riddle Pond Rd, West Topsham, Vermont 05086  USA
Sales: 1-800-252-2599 x01 or (802) 439-6462   Fax:(802) 439-6463
For wild ideas in laser printing & desktop publishing send email
subject:INDEX,TRANSFER TONER,FLASH MAGAZINE to:[email-masked]

Censorship is for bureaucrats - Stop the government, before they
fuck you. Fight Senate Bill 314 and 1995 Telecommunications Act.
Send subject CENSOR-S314 to [email-masked] for details.