Subject: Re: spiderplants

From: [email-masked] (Janet Malowany)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 1995 17:37:42 GMT

In a previous posting, Walter Vose Jeffries ([email-masked]) writes:
> In article <[email-masked]> (rec.gardens), [email-masked] (Elena A Christofides) writes:
>> >plants are one of the best plants at removing toxins like
>> >formaldihyde from the air. NASA was one of the sources of
>> >info on this. Their leaves are also quite poisonous I
>> >believe so keep children from eating them.
>> Are you sure about that? My cat regularly gets his green intake by grazing on
>> the spider plants. He prefers these over his catnip even!
> 
> I'm not sure, and my cat did the same until I taught her not too
> do so. But, I read in several different books that spider plants
> are poisonous. It may be that the poison affects a growing child
> more than a cat or something like that. The birds eat berries
> that are toxic to us so it may be something like that.

I didn't know that spiderplants were poisonous.  Like you people above me
:) my cat also eats our spiderplants regularly.  Nothing has happened yet,
but maybe it depends on the type of spider plants?  If anybody knows
anything concrete please post it. Thanks.

Janet

--
                   *-*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*-*
                   \      - Janet Malowany -       /
                   /   [email-masked]   \
                   *-*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*+-+*%$%*-*

---

From: [email-masked] (Walter Vose Jeffries)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 95 21:27:45 EST

----------------------------------------------------------------
BlackLightning, Riddle Pond Rd, West Topsham, Vermont 05086  USA
Sales: 1-800-252-2599 x01 or (802) 439-6462   Fax:(802) 439-6463
For wild ideas in laser printing & desktop publishing send email
subject:INDEX,TRANSFER TONER,FLASH MAGAZINE to:[email-masked]

Censorship is for bureaucrats - Stop the government, before they
fuck you. Fight Senate Bill 314 and 1995 Telecommunications Act.
Send subject CENSOR-S314 to [email-masked] for details.