Subject: herb gardening in the Pacific Northwest

From: [email-masked] (Stephanie Feeney)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 15:48:19 GMT

Greetings from one who loves to garden with herbs in this area (actually in 
Bellingham.)  I might suggest a very pleasant way to decide what you'd like to 
grow by visiting some of this regions fabulous herb nurseries, as their 
display gardens will give you design ideas and you can see what varieties of 
various plants do well here.  One place that's a real pioneer in growing herbs 
here is The Herbfarm in Fall City (also a smaller store on Queen Anne in 
Seattle).  If you have access to a FAX machine they offer a unique service:  
FastFAX.  Dial (206) 222-7004 and follow their directions. If you enter 8888 
you will receive a full index of their offerings:  which can be as diverse as 
a map to get to the nursery, tips on growing various herbs, recipes from their 
nationally famous restaurant ...
Other places you might want to explore are:  Herban Renewal Herb Garden and 
Nursery, 10437 19th Ave. SW, Seattle  tel. (206) 243-8821;  Fairlight Gardens 
in Auburn, Fairie Herb Gardens in Olympia, Sassafras Farm on Whidbey Island, 
Silver Bay Herb Farm near Bremerton .. there are lots more.  Also call The 
Herb Cottage in Redmond (206) 558-0857 or any of the nurseries I have 
mentioned--they all have terrific classes on growing, cooking with and using 
herbs.
If you have more specific questions perhaps I could help.
Cheers,  Stephanie Feeney
"The Northwest Gardeners' Resource Directory"
[email-masked]