Subject: Sources for Thyme?

From: [email-masked] (CLNichols)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 11:50:12 -0500

>Steve wrote

>....I also grow Wooly Thyme, (low, gray leaves) Mother of Thyme (low,
green 
>leaves) & Thymus x "Doratta Klaber" (very low, deep green carpet). I have

>never tried to use any of these as an herb (there was always plenty of
the 
>real stuff.) For ground cover, the three "ornanentals" are probably
better 
>than the English Thyme which gets too tall for my liking.
>Doratta Klaber is sensational for planting between rocks, etc. It spreads
very 
>well but only grows 1" tall! It has tiny leaves and it almost looks like
moss..... 

Does anyone have a source for these thymes.  I've found wooly thyme in
Bluestone Perennials.
Also, any other experience with and sources for thyme?  A friend of mine
is looking for different thymes, and of course that got me intrigued... 
That seems to be how gardening grows.

Cindy
Indianapolis, zone 5

---

From: [email-masked] (Altgroup)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 15:17:40 -0500

>Cindy wrote:
>Does anyone have a source for these thymes....
>Also, any other experience with and sources for thyme? 

Try Harbor View Garden Supply Co. They have 16 varities of Thyme in their
catalog.  They sent the catalog email. Address is [email-masked]