Subject: rosemary question

From: [email-masked] (Birdmommy)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 18:45:01 -0500

Ok, I "KNOW" better than to take my 7 year old to the nursery with me, but
she's so cute I can't help it.  We came home with three Rosemary Plants,
during repotting I noticed with horror that the "dwarf" one will grow 2'
high with a spread of 4' !!!!  We bought "Tuscon Blue, White Flower, and
"Dwarf"  now, how big will the other two get?  Are they an inside plant?
(Do I have to give them their own bedroom?)

molli
Denver zone 5

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 26 Mar 1995 13:05:00 GMT

>(Do I have to give them their own bedroom?)

You can grow your rosemary inside or outside, as you please.
Keep the spread down by pruning frequently.  Use the fresh
rosemary in cooking.

Chris Owens

---

From: mark <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Mar 1995 04:32:14 GMT

> >(Do I have to give them their own bedroom?)
 Molli,
  I am not specifically familiar with the two "non-dwarf" varieties you
mentioned but I can attest to the fact that rosemary plants can get
huge.  Mine was 3-4 ft high and 6' spread (yes, 6 feet!) before I just
recently pruned it back to a 3' spread.  I give away three foot 
branches of the stuff to friends and neighbors and use it to make herb
vinegars which I make for home use and gifts.  
  So, basically I'm saying that the keyword in Christine's reply is
FREQUENTLY.  
  ~Laura