Subject: Tiller question: Mantis?

From: [email-masked]
Date: 28 Mar 95 12:44:02 CST

I hope this is the proper newsgroup for this question. I
am looking for anyone who has used the Manits brand
tiller and if this is a good machine. According to 
the liturature it is appropriate for my type garden.
I would appreciate any help!

Thanks, 

Mike

---

From: Jacqueline Bocian <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Mar 1995 08:00:55 GMT

> I would appreciate any help!

I love mine.  It starts very easily, is small enough to get into
very narrow places (especially useful in an established garden for
weeding), is lightweight, well-behaved, and can perform a myriad of
tasks if the proper attachments are purchased.  Easy to assemble, 
comes with an instructional video, superb phone support.  I 
recommend it highly.  I love the fact that you use it backwards,
so that you never step on newly tilled soil!

---

From: [email-masked] (Mary Karr)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 07:09:59 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked] says...
>I would appreciate any help!
I just purchased a Mantis tiller a month ago.  I also purchased the 
de-thatcher.  Within two days I had de-thatched my huge front yard.  It 
looks real good and the Mantis handled real well.  No problems directing 
it.  I did use some ever so sleepy arm muscles to hold on while it tried 
to run away, but that really made it all that more easier to use.  I also 
had the neighborhood kids help rake.  My arm muscles sure appreciated 
that.  The kids love to help me garden.  Most of them get a kick out of 
seeing a small woman doing a "Man's" job (in their eyes).  By the way, I 
am only 115 lbs and 5 feet tall.  I have yet to do the garden, although I 
am planning to till it tomorrow.  I am in Seattle and the rain has 
prevented me from having "fun".
-- 
Mary D. Jarman Karr      Lover of all life!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you lose someone think of this poem:
                 "Grieve not,
                      nor speak of me with tears,
                   but laugh and talk of me
                      as if I were beside you...
                   I loved you so -----
                      'twas Heaven here with you."
                                  Isla Paschal Richardson

---

From: [email-masked] (Mary Karr)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 07:09:59 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (B GOOGLE)
Date: 2 Apr 1995 16:27:50 -0400

I just took mine out of the box and assembled it yesterday.  It worked
llike a dream in a couple of spots.  The big challenge will be later this
afternoon or tomorrow when I get ready to till a section of clay!!

---

From: [email-masked] (B GOOGLE)
Date: 2 Apr 1995 16:27:50 -0400