Subject: Re: Hydroponics

From: [email-masked] (Stan)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 1995 13:59:34 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (William B. Warren) says:

>        Does anyone here make their own nutrient solutions? If so, please 
>let me know, my last attempt at a homemade solution was quite a failure...

Will,

i have lots of written literature on rolling your own nutrients, although
i do not myself (the cost of pre-made is worth the time saved for me).  if
you are interested email to : [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Gary V. Deutschmann Sr.)
Date: 12 Mar 1995 04:34:01 GMT

Hi Bill
The only way to go is to use Hydro-Sol and then add to that whatever you need.
In any case never add or use urea or ammonium based salts.
Gary Deutschmann, Ci hief Olericulturist, EcoTek Hydroculture, Inc.

---

From: [email-masked] (bob)
Date: 13 Mar 1995 00:55:28 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Gary V. 

>Gary Deutschmann, Ci hief Olericulturist, EcoTek Hydroculture, Inc.

Someone suggested planting my garden according to farm dates in the 
Farmer's Almanac.  Plant Hydroponic Crops 11-12 March.  Would someone 
please explain what these crops are.  Has anyone had success with this 
method of planting.  My garden produces nice plants but the vegetables 
are small.  I have tilled winter rye in added lime last fall.  I receive 
the morning sun alot of trees of the south side.  Thanks for any 
assistance.    Patty

---

From: [email-masked] (Stan)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 13:28:40 GMT

<[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Organization: IQuest Network Services
X-Newsreader: WinVN 0.91.6

>The only way to go is to use Hydro-Sol and then add to that whatever you need.

Bill,

i know one of your jobs is to push your products, but to say that
Hydro-Sol is the *only* way to go is IMO a bit too much.

other nutrients that yield excellent results are:

general hydroponic's flora-mutrients
beautiful plants brand nutrient
eco liquid fertilizers
I&M rockwool formula one

the above nutrients tend to be complete, so mix as directed and go!

Stan