Subject: 2nd the dumb question

From: [email-masked] (Vickie Farmer)
Date: 27 Mar 95 06:18:08 GMT

I have been reading rec.gardens for a couple of months and finally got up
the courage to actually *post* what I was wondering about. The same thing
happened to me. My posted articles were around about 24 hours and then
disappeared. So I thought (a)some people just keep putting in their postings
every 24 hours, (b)maybe I should respond to some questions before I ask
some, (c)my question about planting shrubs was wrong, (d)only so many people
can get on, (e) all of the above.

---

From: [email-masked] (Kate Cherry Kassen)
Date: 31 Mar 1995 22:33:07 GMT

> can get on, (e) all of the above.

When your posts disappear, that means your news server is set up that way.
You need to contact whoever administers for your group/site/BBS and ask
them if there's a specific reason for this happening and if they
would consider extending the timeframe.  It looks like you're on a 
university account, so it may be that the administrator has to carry
so many groups, that they cut articles very fast--to save space.

Kate

-----------------------------
No, I do *not* speak for DSC
-----------------------------
[email-masked]