Subject: Re: SHOULD I BUY WORMS?******

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Crader)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 22:00:26 -0500

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] wrote:

> yes

no - 99% of those sold are 'Hybrid red wigglers'

1  red wigglers are manure worms; they'll die in topsoil
2  there are no 'hybrid' worms - they are all hermaphrodites - it's a ripoff
3  estimated 58,000 worms per acre average soil (that's about 800 pounds
of worms)

Better to increase the humus/organic matter in your garden - the worms
will love it and increase themselves!

Kevin

---

From: [email-masked] (Arnold Polikoff)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 17:16:08 GMT

yes

---

From: [email-masked] (Kevin Crader)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 22:00:26 -0500

Kevin