Subject: Re: Should lavendar be cut back?

From: [email-masked] (Lena Bolander)
Date: 20 Mar 1995 08:03:35 GMT

In article [email-masked], [email-masked] (B Steele) writes:
> Hello all:
> 
> 
> I've done the woody stem test and, yes, they still are green when I snap
> off a twig. Is this due to the atypically mild winter we've had in the
> northeast this year, or is this normal? Should I cut it to the ground, or
> will it re-leave itself in the spring?
> 
> ----
> Bill
> ----

You should cut them back real hard, right now, before they really
 starts to grow.

/Lena

---

From: PATTIBELLE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 95 00:05:44 -0500

re:  Munstead lavander.  I have some Munstead, but I don't really like
it as much as the Spanish (stoechys).  I cut mine back last fall; it
hasn't started growing yet.  I'd cut back if I were you; everything I've
read about lavender says to cut it back after bloom.
 
Pat in Napa, CA

---

From: PATTIBELLE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 95 00:05:44 -0500

Pat in Napa, CA

---

From: Lee Kennedy-Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 1995 22:04:12 +0800

lavender should be cut back every year so they don't get too woody. A 
light trim all over taking no more than a third of the plant. Never prune 
when conditions are too harsh e.g, too hot or too cold, but probably in 
spring.