Subject: Re: Fish Emulsion

From: [email-masked] (Donna McMaster)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 04:18:02 GMT

In article [email-masked], [email-masked] (Bob Batson) writes:
>John Palinkas ([email-masked]) wrote:
>: I read in an Organic Gardening magazine about using Fish Emulsion
>: Fertilizer when starting vegetable seedlings indoors.  Does anyone have
>: experience with this?  Do you know a supplier for the stuff?
>
>I don't know of any supplier offhand, but I do recall reading somewhere 
>(I think it was _Acres, U.S.A._) that the preferred form of liquid fish 
>fertilizer is not the stuff sold in places like like K-Mart, but a type 
>called HYDROLYIZED.

My favorite supplier for this kind of stuff is Peaceful Valley Farm Supply
(916) 272-4769.  A great selection of organic gardening and farming tools,
supplements, etc., and both people and catalog are very helpful.

Donna (not affiliated with Peaceful Valley except as happy customer)

----------------------------------------
Donna McMaster            (408) 764-1206
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 01:32:00 GMT

Donna Mcmaster wrote:
DM> My favorite supplier for this kind of stuff is Peaceful Valley Farm
DM> Supply (916) 272-4769.  A great selection of organic gardening and
DM> farming tools, supplements, etc., and both people and catalog are
DM> very helpful.

You can get Fish Powder from Peaceful Valley - it's more expensive but 
much more effective than fish emulsion IMHO.

 * RM 1.3 01256 * * Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried.

---

From: [email-masked] (Donna McMaster)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 04:18:02 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 01:32:00 GMT

Donna Mcmaster wrote: