Subject: Deterring grasshoppers

From: [email-masked] (N. L. Sliker)
Date: 4 Apr 95 11:59:35 CST

I have just put in my annual (organic) herb garden: thyme
chives, garlic, rosemary, lavendar, sage, lemon balm, spear-
mint, and basil, grown in red clay pots.  I'm now thinking 
ahead to a big problem which I had last year... Kansas GRASS-
HOPPERS!  Frankly, they love the herbs as much as we do, 
especially the basil and all the mints.  Wondered if anyone 
has suggestions for discouraging these pesky munchers from 
taking over the herb garden again this year?  All ideas are
greatfully received, and a big thank you in advance.

Nancy

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *
|  N. L. Sliker, Director/Engineering Computing Services                    |
*  3043 Learned Hall                                                        *
|  University of Kansas            "Everything goes wrong all the time -    |
*  Lawrence, KS  66045                  What you do is fix it."             *
|  [email-masked]                     -  Gus Pagonis            |
*  (913) 864-3692                                                           *
|  Disclaimer:  My opinions are my own; nobody else is even interested.     |
* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *