Subject: Cabbage & Broccoli planting?

From: [email-masked] (Zamenhof)
Date: 1 Apr 1995 13:15:09 -0500

I live in Hartford, CT (last frost date 4/25).  Can I plant out my cabbage
and broccoli seedlings now (after a week of hardening off?)  We still have
some frosty nights in the forecast.  Also, can I plant carrot and beet
seeds directly at this point?  Please help, I'm pretty new at this.

Cory Weiss

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 03:07:07 GMT

>seeds directly at this point?  Please help, I'm pretty new at this.

Cruciforms can withstand LIGHT frost, but not a serious frost.  So,
if the temperature is still likely to drop below 28 degrees, hold off.
Wait on the carrots and beets for this, too.

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 03:07:07 GMT

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 03:07:07 GMT

Chris Owens