Subject: how the mighty have fallen...

From: [email-masked] (Lynsey Gedye)
Date: 30 Mar 95 16:04:36 GMT-12

I quit my job last week (yeee-har!) and so yesterday I was able to
  see at 17:00 the Oprah show.  I'd not seen it before having always
  been at work.  Guess who was there?  Martha.  Yep.

  See? We're not that far behind (I'm ashamed to announce.)

  Anyway, I was expecting someone like a cross between Bette Midlar 
  and Sly Stallone's mother, on speed. Someone hideous and, well, 
  dare I say it, the gross american of my worst imagination.
  I mean after all the .net promotion, you know, I thought she'd
  be a nightmare.

  What I saw a lady who was right into the gentility and detail of
  celebrating weddings etc.  I figured it was pretty cool and when 
  my sister got married (between the thunderstorms) in a garden
  we went to similar lengths to get things special.  I'll admit
  we didn't go to 200 rose bouquets tho'.=;)

  Thank you all wrote and told me of whom Martha is. I know just 
  what I'll do when I get my own tv show in the US. (Small warning:)

  And, also, thank you all for your generous sharing of gardening
  love and lore.  I'm about to move to a contract with the family 
  water garden business in Melbourne, Australia.  Yep, back selling
  plants again.  Thought it'd never happen, but that's destiny for you.

  I'll be unlikely to have net access.  (How provincial =:)  I will 
  miss reading all your comments and replies - I mean, what'll I do 
  while I'm waiting for the shower to warm up in the morning now?

  Warning, african violet lovers, I'll be back...  =:!

--
[email-masked]