Subject: Re: My Areca Palm dying!!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 95 16:13:57 EST

Mark E. Strickland <[email-masked]> wrote:

IM>I just bought a new areca palm plant for my office at the local chain
IM>grocery store.  Now, a week later, this thing is fading fast (i.e.
IM>large fronds turning brown, leaves wilting, etc.).  [snip]

Might be too little light.  Lots of gorgeous lush houseplants are
grown in greenhouses under less than 50% shade conditions; in other
words, they're acclimated to much brighter light than the typical
sunny window.  Try cutting it back (sorry), and give it vitamin B-1
and some time-released fertilizer like Osmacote.

Richard Shiell          [email-masked]
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ Old gardeners don't die, they just go to seed.

--
Mainframes, Minis & Micros     |     Desert Jewel BBS & Mall
5630 District Blvd.   #114     |     WWW.KERN.COM
Bakersfield, CA      93313     |     TELNET DJ.KERN.COM
LandLine  ==  800-949-1959     |     FTP FTP.KERN.COM