Subject: Re: How do you prevent rose leaves getting black

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 95 09:20:19 EST

IN>> > Subject: Re: How do you prevent rose leaves getting black dots?
IN>>
IN>> I live in the Texas Hill Country <USDA Zone 8> and encounter black spot
IN>> every summer. I have used baking soda with some success and for severe
IN>> infections I use Copper Fungicide.  However, I have learned lately,
IN>> through rec.gardens.roses that Copper has a  LD50 higher thanTriforine
IN>> <Funginex>.   What I am getting at here is which is safer? Can anyone
IN>> shed some light on this for me?
IN>>
IN>> ~Dana
IN>>

      here are some safe methods of fungus control

      1... use 2 tabelspoons baking soda mixed with two tablespoons
molasses.
      2....use nitron A-35 added to water 1-800-823-01233
      3....use rock dust added to water
      4....use white vinegar added to water try 1 tablespoon per gallon
      5......fine horticultural oil works great year round...

a few notes:
    are you using high nitrogen fertilizers?  very bad
   what are you feeding your roses?

   I didn't know there was a rec.garden.roses?
yours andrew lopez
the invisible gardener

---
^[37mSent via WorldLink on ^[35m03/23/95 ^[37mat ^[35m08:10:32^[37m.
^[32mFrom: ^[33mThe Invisible Gardener
      Malibu, CA
      ^[36mInformation on organics.