Subject: Re: Is there ONE perfect magazine for gardening?

From: [email-masked] (killand)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 21:40:46 GMT

I
>Because of zone differences, the national gardening magazines will never provide 
>great information to everyone in the country. I think that it would be a tremendous
>boon to gardeners if a national pub like HORTICULTURE would publish zoned editions.
>Until then, many state Horticultural Societies publish useful, zone correct magazines
>which are worth the cover price. Good Luck.  JPB

Hi and some more thoughts on Gardening books.

While I am a Horticulturalist as well as a Journeyman Gardener, I did
learn that there was never ONE bookto cover all the bases if you are 
a well rounded gardener. ( The trick was to know where to look for 
journal research and term papers. )

I would look for several books on the aspects of gardening you may want
to do.  This is easier for those who live in the USA than Canada,
where most references are American.  ( I also have several books on
each aspect of Horticulture and Landscape Gardening.  )

I hope this helps

Derryl Killan

---

From: [email-masked] (Major)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 23:46:58 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (KYngve) writes: 

>
>In article <[email-masked]>, Simon
>Thompson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> How about Taunton's Fine Gardening. It's American, but it covers a wide 
>> range of different zones, has excellent pictures, and the articles are 
>> intelligently written. No silly cartoon people like Canadian Gardening.
>
>I also subscribe to Fine Gardening; but buy Organic Gardening about every
>month...  FG doesn't cover vegetables very well, IMHO.
>

---

From: [email-masked] (killand)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 21:40:46 GMT

I

I hope this helps

Derryl Killan

---

From: [email-masked] (killand)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 21:40:46 GMT

I

I hope this helps

Derryl Killan

---

From: Simon Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 18:48:59 -0700

I hadn't thought of it before, but you are absolutely right, FG doesn't 
cover vegetable gardening very well.  Still the rest of the magazine is 
great.  I'm so tired of all those crappy garden magazines that rehash the 
same topics over and over again.

---

From: Simon Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 18:48:59 -0700

---

From: Simon Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 18:48:59 -0700

---

From: [email-masked] (SenorFloyd)
Date: 15 Apr 1995 01:50:41 -0400

If you're a new and not-so-consistent gardener, like me, Mike McGrath
(editor of Organic Gardening) will make you feel great each month in his
editorial.  Let's you know everyone isn't a perfect gardener

Truthfully though, I eventually let my subscr. to OG lapse because I found
that I was getting the same info. from my local organic nursery and
organic garden club.  And their info. was specific to my needs.

But, if funds were unlimited I would still subscribe to OG.  It's great!

---

From: [email-masked] (SenorFloyd)
Date: 15 Apr 1995 01:50:41 -0400