Subject: Re: Yucchhh! Earwigs

From: [email-masked] (Janet Malowany)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 15:26:37 GMT

In a previous posting, Liz Evangelatos ([email-masked]) writes:
> Any advice out their on how to get rid of earwigs? I never see them, but   
> their like a plague eating through my yard....
> 
	Since you can't see them, I would suggest crumpling up pieces of
newspaper and put them in your garden.  The earwigs should be attracted
the this and walk inside the paper which is like a maze.  They should get
lost inside.  Every day, you should check the paper, open it up and shake
off the earwigs and send them in a container full of soapy water,  This
method works for me. :)

Janet

--
"Horse, thou art truly a creature without equal, for thou fliest
without wings and conquerest without sword."
						-The Koran

---

From: Liz Evangelatos <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Mar 1995 07:41:37 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (Fellwalker)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 00:52:03 GMT

Liz Evangelatos ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Any advice out their on how to get rid of earwigs? I never see them, but   
: their like a plague eating through my yard....

   Do a version of the venerable slug-bowl....Put vegetable oil (with a 
little Tabasco sauce) in a low container in the garden...the next morning 
(supposedly, because it alswys rains whenever I do it) you should find 
many earwigs drowned in it (and not a few slugs, too). I've tried rolled 
up newspaper traps, but it's been so wet I've only gotten slugs (the 
Earwigs being warm and dry hiding in my bathroom :-(   )

--Max
-- 
--  ...with rings on her fingers and bells on her toes... <[email-masked]>