Subject: Re: San Mateo what grows?

From: [email-masked] (The Polsons)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 17:31:34 -0800

In article <[email-masked]>, Garden Girls Grow
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> WE need beautiful things for our garden girls grow garden. What will
grow in SaN MATEO 
> AREA IN CALIFORNIA? WE NEED HELP SO OUR GARDEN WILL GROW GOOD. WE WANT SOME
> VEGS AND SOME PLOWERS. ANY TIPS?

I'm in Santa Clara, and I can assure you that almost anything grows around
here! Even some stuff that isn't supposed to, like bird of paradise and
lilacs! If you have any favorites, just plop 'em in the ground and stand
back...

Good luck!

-Willow     ([email-masked])
---------------------------------------------------
I'm back!!!!! YIPEE!!!!

---

From: Jacqueline Bocian <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Mar 1995 02:15:37 GMT

Garden Girls Grow <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> WE need beautiful things for our garden girls grow garden. What will grow in SaN MATEO 

Ladies: I live in Los Altos, just a few miles south.  Let me tell you:
nearly everything grows here with no trouble.  If you want a few
quick successes, try tomatoes, zucchini, swiss chard, eggplant,
peppers.  Put all of these in full sun.  Herbs: plant some trailing
rosemary, some sage (variegated is lovely), and lots of different
kinds of lavendars.  Good luck!  Let us know how you do.

---

From: [email-masked] (The Polsons)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 17:31:34 -0800

grow in SaN MATEO 

Good luck!

---

From: Jacqueline Bocian <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Mar 1995 02:15:37 GMT

---

From: Garden Girls Grow <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Mar 1995 23:11:58 GMT