Subject: Where to find Sweet W

From: [email-masked] (Werner Stern)
Date: 21 Mar 95 23:46:00 GMT

TO: [email-masked]

FROM: [email-masked]

DG>.@SUBJECT:Re: Where to find Sweet Woodruff
DG>.@N FROM   :[email-masked]
DG>.@N MSGID  :<[email-masked]>
DG>N Path:
DG>uupsi!psinntp!cmcl2!newsjunkie.ans.net!howland.reston.ans.net!news.sp
rin
DG>tlink.net!redstone.int Newsgroups: rec.gardens
DG>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
DG>Reply-To: [email-masked] (Dick Gilman)
DG>From: [email-masked] (Dick Gilman)
DG>Date: Wed, 08 Mar 1995 17:59:49 GMT
DG>Subject: Re: Where to find Sweet Woodruff

DG>Sweet woodruff needs to be watered alot the first year then alot
DG>less the rest of its life.  Once it gets established.  Here in the
DG>raleigh, nc area any plant like that I plant in the fall.
DG>Especially if its not near my water supplies.

DG>I would be interested in where I can get some sweet wooddruf as
DG>well.

DG>In article <[email-masked]>, Paul Dineen
DG>([email-masked]) writes: >Steven M. Begley ([email-masked])
DG>wrote: >: Hi, gang!
DG>>:      Can anyone offer a suggestion on where one can find Sweet
DG>>: Woodruff (Galium  odoratum) around Philadelphia, PA? I can't find
DG>anyone who grows it.  >
DG>>  Sorry, I can't help with where to buy them in PA.  
DG>>
DG>>  I saw a bunch of Sweet Woodruff in bloom at the nursery last year
DG>>  and had to have some.  However, I may have underestimated how much
DG>>  water they need.  I watered them occasionally by hand here in
DG>>  they Colorado, but were generally dry and didn't seem to do much
DG>>  (don't know if they should have propagated by now).  How much
DG>>  water do they need -- do I need to attach a sprayer to the drip
DG>hose to water them specially? >

I bought some Sweet William about 3 yrs ago from Wayside Gardens and it 
has spread very nicely. I don't find it needs much watering. I have it 
on a raided rock terrace in the very back corner of my small garden. It 
gets little water other than the natural rain.

It is already beginning to grow. I'm in NYC.

Incidentally my very early tulips began flowering today. Wow a great 
spring already.