Subject: hardening off seedlings?

From: [email-masked] (Craig Mathew)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 95 20:28:00 PST

Hello all,
  This is the first year I've ever had a garden, and fortunately I've been 
pretty lucky with starting pepper and tomato seeds indoors on a lighted 
plant rack (used the APS-24 systems from Gardener's Supply Co -- good 
stuff!).  I have a *bunch* of plants that are thriving and looking like 
they're almost ready to go outdoors permanently.  Now for the big question: 
 I've read several books on gardening that discuss "hardening off" but I'm 
interested in getting the opinions of knowledgeable gardeners here in the 
group.  How do YOU do this?
  By the way, I live in the Dallas area where temperatures have been in the 
70s and 80s since last Friday.  My garden has really progressed with all 
this good weather since I've spent lots of time outdoors planting, tilling, 
sprinkling, mulching, etc.!  Now I need to transplant everything from the 
plant rack so I can start some more seeds indoors!

Help?!

Thanks much,
Joan