Subject: Re: Cats and Total Destruction of My Garden

From: [email-masked] (Dick Gilman)
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 1995 18:42:06 GMT

Blood meal, cats hate the smell of that, but dogs love it has to be
put out after every rain. 

Dried pepper, cats lick their paws or sniff around and get a
snootfull and run away.

A thorn barrier on the ground cut some barberry or other thorny
bush and put this around the outer part of your garden stepping on
those thorns will definetly scare the cats away.

Leash law - some town have leash laws for cats - check it out
people always seem to think that other people enjoy taking care of
THEIR animals!!!

Catnip in another part of the yard- attract them someplace else.  

Desperation - you can use paint balls to color them nice pretty
colors!!!

Mothballs - dont really recomend as kids or dogs will eat them and
get sick.  Unless you have no dogs or kids then go right ahead.  

Get off my garden - A chemical that repels animals,  When wet
becomes a big glob like thing!  Will dissolve into soil and
continue to repel animals.  Worked well for us out at the mail
box.  Has to be repeated every 3-4 months becuase it becomes
diluted.
 
 Trap them and take them to the pound - or to the neighbors first
at the same time hand them a bill to pay for the damage the cat
has done make sure the bill is less than what the pound would
charge to get them back. Inform them next time they will go to the
pound and they can pay the pound to get them out!!!   

 The main thing is to find out what they are attracted to and move
or remove that attraction.  Or get a dog!! 

Good luck!!!!  Let us know which one works