Subject: Time to see Cherry Blossom!!

From: [email-masked] (Tim Stark)
Date: 1 Apr 1995 03:20:28 GMT

All:

   Time to see Cherry Blossom at the tidal basin (near Jefferson Memorial).
They are near the peak.  The most peak is a few days away from here (estimated
next week).  I took many pictures of Cherry Blossom trees includes closeups.
Watch out for alot of traffic at the Potomac Park. :-)

Good Luck! :-)

Tim Stark
USDA Zone 7
Alexandria, Va.

--
Timothy Stark			Inet: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (George VandenBerghe)
Date: 4 Apr 95 10:43:04 CDT

> Watch out for alot of traffic at the Potomac Park. :-)

    I'll second that.  They are a true national treasure and
I saw them on Friday 3/31 when they were at 50% to 75% peak.
My only complaint was that the weather was chilly but the
blossoms last a lot longer in chilly weather as long
as it doesn't get much below freezing.  A severe
Freeze is expected in the DC area tonight April 4-5
along with high winds.  My experience has been
that frost sufficient to kill the cherry blossoms
is rare but tonight may do it..