Subject: SLUGS

From: Kendra Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Mar 1995 14:19:31 GMT

HELLO READERS:

Slugs the little darlings are everywhere.

Try crushed eggs shells around the base of your plants.  This works
well.  

Don't throw away that gratefruit rind, turn it upside down.  Within 
a day or two; midday lift the rinds and the little darlings will be 
sleeping.  Squash them with  whatever is handy.  Why such violence,
you may ask.  Pure satisfaction!

Happy hunting.

Kendra Walsh (zone 4, Potsdam  NY)

---

From: [email-masked] (KRAMER)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 15:50:01 GMT

>Kendra Walsh (zone 4, Potsdam  NY)

Finely cut human hair works wonders as well.  It adheres to the little suckers 
and they starve trying to get it off.  There is as well, the old "stale beer"
trick.  Set shallow dishes of stale beer under the plants with the problems.
Empty in the morning.

---

From: [email-masked] (John Woodworth)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 07:58:52

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (ANNJOEL) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (ANNJOEL)
>Subject: Re: SLUGS
>Date: 23 Mar 1995 17:03:16 -0500

>Will slugs move across pavement? 

Yes, especially if it's wet.

> What about wood chips?

They LIVE in woodchips.

John

"Epater les bourgeios"

---

From: [email-masked] (ANNJOEL)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 17:03:16 -0500

Will slugs move across pavement?  What about wood chips?

---

From: [email-masked] (KRAMER)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 15:50:01 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (John Woodworth)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 07:58:52

They LIVE in woodchips.

John

"Epater les bourgeios"

---

From: [email-masked] (ANNJOEL)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 17:03:16 -0500

---

From: Karen Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 10:48:39 -0800

Yes and yes.  Slugs will move across and up just about anything.  One of 
my ickier slug encounters is getting up in the middle of the night to go 
to the loo and stepping on one in my bare feet.  So that was up three 
concrete steps and across the door sill and across some combination of 
linoleum or carpet depending on whether it came in the front or back door.
Karen