Subject: Source for composted manure in central MA?

From: [email-masked] (Steve Rehrauer)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 18:16:02 GMT

Apologies for the wide distribution (couldn't figure out how to limit
this to my locale).

Does anyone in the central Massachusetts area know of a source for
composted manure (horse, cow or chicken) that delivers it by the
yard?  I'm in Leominster MA, and the only place I've found that
sells it by the yard, doesn't deliver.  Being truckless, and not-
yet-so-hateful-of-my-cars-that-I'd-do-THAT-to-them, I'm hoping to
find someplace that DOES deliver, before I try to renting a vehicle.

Alternatively -- yes, I know this is a long shot -- are there any
horse/cow/chicken owners in my area who want to get rid of about
4-5 yards (I'll take more!) of well-rotted manure?  And that have
a truck, and would be willing to drive it to my house, if I load
and unload it?  I'd be willing to pay for the delivery (your choice
of cash now or scrumptious, sun-ripened tomatoes later :-), of
course.

(Sheesh, and to think I used to complain about shovelling the stuff
back home...)
-- 
"I feel lightheaded, Sam.  I think my brain | Steve [email-masked]
 is out of air.  But it's kind of a neat    | Massachusetts Language Lab
 feeling..."  --Freelance Police            | Smack-dab in USDA Zone 5

---

From: [email-masked] (Major)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 00:28:47 GMT

>(Sheesh, and to think I used to complain about shovelling the stuff

I lived in Medfield MA from 1983 to 1989, and in my experience Mike Dukakis
was the greatest source of well rotted manure I've ever encountered. And you've
still got Ted too! What a dung goldmine!