Subject: Sweetheart Ivy Reversion

From: [email-masked] (Kerin Tyrrell)
Date: 12 Mar 1995 15:13:03 GMT

Anybody know why sweetheart ivy would 'revert' and send of shoots  with
traditional ivy-type leaves?

Bought some sweetheart ivy last fall and combined it with ivy geraniums for
some large pots to put on the front porch. Left the pots out in the back yard
until they looked showy and pretty much ignored them lately with all the rain
we've been getting out in So. Calif. lately. Went out last week and noticed
shoots with the traditional lobed leaves. For info: I'm in zone 10 so really
no frost, filtered sun, they didn't get lots of fertilizer, and the pots are
well drained so I don't think all this rain is the problem.

Sooooo, do they just do this or can I fix it by doing/not doing something?

Thanks,

Kerin

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Mar 95 14:15:13 -0600

> Sooooo, do they just do this or can I fix it by doing/not doing something?

This is a somatic mutation, and you can expect to see it again.  The 
"cure" is to prune out all affected branches.

Kay Klier  [email-masked]