Subject: cigar plant

From: [email-masked] (Jamila A Pree)
Date: 25 Mar 95 23:59:30 GMT

I received a little cigar plant from a friend and was wondering what
type of conditions it likes to grow in. Right now it doesn't seem too
happy. Some of the leaves are curling and chlorosis has set in from the
tips. Also is this primarily a house plant? Any info would be greatly
appreciated :)

-- 
You wear a disguise to look like human guys, but you're not a man, you're a
Chicken Boo.		--Animaniacs
												Jamila Pree

---

From: Don Martinson <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Mar 1995 18:23:16 GMT

[email-masked] (Jamila A Pree) wrote:
>
> I received a little cigar plant from a friend...

What you have is probably Cuphea ignea.  It it primarily an outdoor
plant (at least here in Wisconsin), unless you have a greenhouse or
space with a lot of light, so your problem may (at least in part) 
be light-related.