Subject: Mole attack ?

From: [email-masked] (J�lio Quadros)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 14:50:52 GMT

Hi everybody !

In the last couple of weeks my garden has turned a bunch of small 
mountains and I believe plants are being damaged because of a mole 
attack! I think the whole family is really enjoying the place which on 
one hand flatters me but on the other hand, gets on my nerves.
The idea of fighting back with chemicals and pesticides is completely out 
of question.

Are there any of you with a previous experience on this subject ?
How did you (if you did) get rid of those animals ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Julio

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Schimmel)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 02:29:22 GMT

I have the same horrible problem (though usually a little ater n the
year). On top of swallowing my plants last spring, our basement had an
infestation of critters who chewed the leaves off of batch afteer batch
of seedlings. I bought one of the high frequency sound emitters sold in
many catalogs (they're not cheap) and, so far, this year's basement
brood has escaped all vole snacking. Don't know if they're effective
outside. Planting daffodil or scilla bulbs (which are poisonous) is
supposed to be a deterrent (the bulbs won't get eaten, anyway). Milky
spore disease, touted by many organic gardening sources, is supposed to
kill the grubs eaten by the moles whose tunnel the voles use to eat your
plants (and that's the house that Jack built...)If you come up with
anything inspired, please do let me know. Replies to [email-masked]