Subject: Love lies bleeding-Amaranthus

From: "D. Savoie" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 MAR 95 07:47:14 AST

One book I have mentions that Love lies bleeding looks good in a
container with the tassles hanging down (I thought about a grain
barrel), but none of the catalogues I have mention it being good
for containers, and so I was wondering what others had done with
theirs.  Thanks for your assistance,
D. Savoie

---

From: [email-masked] (Colette Tremblay)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 05:46:27 GMT

I planted L-L-B in my front yard last year (6 week-old seedlings, full
sun). It grew like crazy with almost no care: a nearby small crabapple
tree that was planted the same spring got to be almost hidden! It grew to
mre than five feet and by the end of the sumer the long tassels made quite
a showpiece. There is a bus stop by my house, and all the time people kept
asking what was this plant. So my only advice is: if you want to grow it
in containers, use big ones.
Good luck! 

 In article (Dans l'article) <[email-masked]>,

-- 
Colette Tremblay
Universite Laval
Quebec QC Canada
Zone 4b