Subject: Dwarf Persian Lime care?

From: [email-masked] (Mark Crimmins)
Date: 29 Mar 1995 02:49:37 GMT

We have a 3-year-old Dwarf Persian Lime that we received as a wedding
gift.  It's been inside most of the time, and is currently in an 8"
ceramic pot.  It is about four feet high now, with a "trunk" about one
half inch in diameter.  It has leaves all up and down the trunk, and
up and down the three upper branches that fork off the trunk about 2'
up.  It seems to shoot out new growth fairly often, most of which I
pinch off to encourage growth up top, where it would seem best for a
tree-like thing.

My problem is that I have no idea what this plant is supposed to look
like, and so no idea what kind of pruning or care to give it.  Is this
actually a lime tree (like, with, say, fruit)?  How big should it get?
What sort of branching should be encoraged?  How big a pot should I 
end up with?

Thanks for any advice of reports of experience.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Crimmins   [email-masked]
UMich Philosophy Dept. 313 936-4933
-- 
Mark Crimmins   [email-masked]
UMich Philosophy Dept. 313 936-4933