Subject: giant impatiens

From: [email-masked] (Anne Lednicer)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 01:22:48 GMT

has anyone heard of a flower with the common name giant impatient, and can 
you suggest sources of seeds?

---

From: Don Martinson <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Mar 1995 18:54:11 GMT

> you suggest sources of seeds? 

I just returned from a trip to Costa Rica, where I visited the Los
Angeles Cloud Forest.  We stayed at the Villa Blanca Lodge and on the
grounds of the lodge, I found a large impatiens, perhaps 3 ft tall with
large (almost 2" diameter) pale lavender flowers.  The plant was not
in the best of shape and perhaps it might haave been too cool for it
there.  I took some cuttings, but it was on the early part of my trip
and they did not survive the trip back to the US.  Unfortunately, I
don't know the name of the plant, but I will be very interested in
watching for replies to your quiry.

Don Martinson
[email-masked]