Subject: Re: spiderplants

From: [email-masked] (Walter Vose Jeffries)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 95 21:27:45 EST

In article <[email-masked]> (rec.gardens), [email-masked] (Elena A Christofides) writes:
> >plants are one of the best plants at removing toxins like
> >formaldihyde from the air. NASA was one of the sources of
> >info on this. Their leaves are also quite poisonous I
> >believe so keep children from eating them.
> Are you sure about that? My cat regularly gets his green intake by grazing on
> the spider plants. He prefers these over his catnip even!

I'm not sure, and my cat did the same until I taught her not too
do so. But, I read in several different books that spider plants
are poisonous. It may be that the poison affects a growing child
more than a cat or something like that. The birds eat berries
that are toxic to us so it may be something like that.

----------------------------------------------------------------
BlackLightning, Riddle Pond Rd, West Topsham, Vermont 05086  USA
Sales: 1-800-252-2599 x01 or (802) 439-6462   Fax:(802) 439-6463
For wild ideas in laser printing & desktop publishing send email
subject:INDEX,TRANSFER TONER,FLASH MAGAZINE to:[email-masked]

Censorship is for bureaucrats - Stop the government, before they
fuck you. Fight Senate Bill 314 and 1995 Telecommunications Act.
Send subject CENSOR-S314 to [email-masked] for details.