Subject: BCS Tillers

From: [email-masked] (0000-Admin(0000))
Date: 5 Apr 95 13:58:49 CDT

Hello,
  Has anyone had any experience with the BCS Tillers and their
assorted attachments?  I recently moved into a country house with
a very large garden, so I need a heavy duty tiller to keep up.  I
also have picked up information on the Troy Bilt line and they seem
to be similar in options and price.  Any reason to pick a Troy Bilt
over a BCS or vica versa?

Thanks in advance.
Scott Strecker
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce A. Moon)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 21:16:05 -0700

While I am a happy Troybilt owner, i bought mine before I saw the 
BCS. The Troybilt technology is at least 50 years old and some things, 
like changing gears, are awkward. On the positive side, Troybilt has a 
good manual that lets even klutzes do their own repairs and an 800 number 
for technical advice if you get stuck.
Bruce Moon
Rio Linda, CA

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce A. Moon)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 21:16:05 -0700

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce A. Moon)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 21:16:05 -0700

---

From: [email-masked] (stephen otrembiak)
Date: 7 Apr 1995 20:15:40 GMT

We owned a BCS for about ten years. Before we made the purchase we did
lots of research and question asking, that led us to BCS.

The BCS is a very dependable machine as far as starting and operation.
It also has gears dricing it rather than belts, which in our opinion
was better.  The BCS has a lower center of gravity which makes it less
likely to tip (why do you think the troy builts have that elaborate
bumper option)

We did some repairs on the BCS also, carbuerator work, replacement of
cables, wore out two sets of tines, plastic cowl cover cracked. Still
the best machine for my money.

0000-Admin(0000) ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Hello,
:   Has anyone had any experience with the BCS Tillers and their
: assorted attachments?  I recently moved into a country house with
: a very large garden, so I need a heavy duty tiller to keep up.  I
: also have picked up information on the Troy Bilt line and they seem
: to be similar in options and price.  Any reason to pick a Troy Bilt
: over a BCS or vica versa?

: Thanks in advance.
: Scott Strecker
: Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 7 Apr 1995 17:45:57 GMT

>Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin

It all depends. It seems to my for just tilling the Troy Bilt is better.
BUT, the attachment options on the BCS make it more attractive.

The BCS has a real nice feature of being able to lock both wheels.
This is a great feature if your stuck.

Steve Kutnye