Subject: Re: strawberry pots

From: [email-masked] (Samantha Lynn Wendorf)
Date: 11 Mar 1995 17:25:03 GMT

I also recently purchased a strawberry pot for my herbs.  I am having 
difficutly watering it at the top.  All the water comes out of the top 
holes.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I don't know whether to repot 
or not.
In a previous article, [email-masked] (Chris Thornton) says:

>Hi,
>I recently purchased some strawberrys and a strawberry pot to put them
>in. However, I was wondering if I need to put some type of pipe with
>holes drilled in it. Or do I just water it alot from the top. They are
>tri-star berries if it matters.
>thanks in advance, chris
>
>==========================================================================
>Fullerton College claims no responsibility to the opinion expressed above!
>==========================================================================
>

-- 
Samantha Wendorf
Life is too short to sweat the details.

---

From: [email-masked] (kathy morgan)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 18:34:42 GMT

Okie Mom ([email-masked]) wrote:
: About trouble watering strawberry pots:  I had trouble with mine until I
: punched holes in a 2 liter soda bottle and buried it in the center with
: only the bottle neck sticking out.  Now I pour water into the bottle as
: well as spraying the top and sides of the pot, and my plants are thriving.

Why, Martha Stewart demonstrated this very technique on her show just
yesterday :-)