Subject: Source for supplies ??

From: Ron Rushing <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Mar 95 19:07:23 CST

FIrst off-- thanks to all who responded to my question about drainage.

I've decided to use a 8-10" ditch with a 3-4" perf. corregated pipe,
installed in a coarse gravel (1-1/1/2" crushed rock) bedding.  I plan to
line the ditch with "silt-proof" cloth, which will also wrap over the top
of the bedding layer below the top fill and grass.  Many folks responded
with the same general construction--a couple mentioned using the 360
degree cloth wrap of the system to keep the rock bedding and pipe for
closing up after years.  Sounds good to me-- I don't want to dig up a few
hundred feet of drain lines to start the new century <grin>.

Now-- where can I order (large) quantities of the perf. plastic pipe and
realated materials like the "silt-proof" cloth ?

I tried the nurserys in my area- no such items--not even an offer to
order any :-(. 

Catalog suppliers--preferably comercial suppliers-- seem my only
alternative.  I suspect that plubing supply houses can obtain the
pipe-two I've called have the larger pipe (8-10") for septic systems
--but no smaller.    Locating the "silt-proof" cloth may be a problem.

Thanks--

Ron Rushing
College of Education
S.F.A University
409.468.1424
[email-masked]
"Personal Opinions Only..."