Subject: Little Green Bugs on Jacaranda...!@%$#!

From: [email-masked] (Ron Gross)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 1995 21:58:03 GMT

I have a jacaranda that was recently planted (fall 94) from a 24 inch
box, it has 3 trunks.  It went into shock (expected) and is now sprouting
leaves quite nicely.  A couple leaf clusters are covered with small
(1/16" or less) green bugs that look like a oblong ball or pimple on the
leaf stem.  I am wondering if these are harmless or if I should do
something quick before they spread.

Thanks for advice.

-- 
                                             [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (John Tusciuk)
Date: 30 Mar 1995 13:46:00 -0500

Ron Gross ([email-masked]) wrote:
: I have a jacaranda that was recently planted (fall 94) from a 24 inch
: box, it has 3 trunks.  It went into shock (expected) and is now sprouting
: leaves quite nicely.  A couple leaf clusters are covered with small
: (1/16" or less) green bugs that look like a oblong ball or pimple on the
: leaf stem.  I am wondering if these are harmless or if I should do
: something quick before they spread.

These sound like aphids.  These are the only "small green oblong ball"
looking bugs that I know tend to group on stems, so if you know what
aphids look like and these aren't aphids, then I don't know.  If they
may be aphids, however, you do need to get rid of them.

John Tusciuk
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (John Tusciuk)
Date: 30 Mar 1995 13:46:00 -0500

John Tusciuk
[email-masked]