Subject: Dying houseplants and tulips HELP

From: [email-masked] (msQT)
Date: 24 Mar 1995 22:27:36 GMT

Greetings to all!

I finally moved to a bigger place that has more windows and a balcony that 
allows me to have some more plants.  I have always loved plants, but I 
really don't know much about how to take care of them.  I guess I am just not 
very "gifted" in taking care of plants.  Like recently, one of my green plants 
died after be over-watered by me.  I saw yellow leaves, and I thought that it 
was too dry.   I really don't have an idea how much water is enough. 

Now that I have a bigger place, I really wanted to learn how to grow nice 
flowers and plants.  I bought 2 small pots of tulips (in small 5" rectangular
plastic boxes) from a gardening store.  It was fine for a while, although it 
hasn't started blooming, now the leaves are turning yellow.  I checked the 
soil and they are reasonably moist.  I am scared of putting too much water
in again.  What should I do?  Also, I bought a few bulbs just to try growing
something from scratch.  On the label, it says "Spring bulbs for summer 
flowers".  I assume that it meant : plant the bulbs in Spring, and
and flowers will come during Summer.  Then I read a few books about bulbs, 
it seems that I should have planted them last Fall!!! 

Please advise via email!!  Thanks in advance!

Yvonne 
-- 

      /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~\