Subject: Odd Trenches in Lawn?

From: [email-masked] (lisa kerns)
Date: 14 Mar 1995 15:35:57 GMT

Help!

Last fall, I found somethng odd in the lawn. There was a trench
about an inch to two inches wide, and about an inch or two deep,
perfectly square, dug from the compost bin to the garden shed
(about a foot distance).

I thought "Gee, that's odd. Probably run-off water from the bin."

Snow came, then left a few weeks ago and OHHH NOOO!!! Trenches
coming out from the the garden shed all over!!! What ARE these
things? They don't look like mole tunnels, they've got no tops
on them.  They're just tiny trenches and the soil under the shed
seems all dug up. 

They are definately not chipmunks; I have them too and I know
what their holes look like. So what is doing this? 

=====================================================================
|    Lisa M. Kerns      e-mail: [email-masked]                 |  
|                                                                   |
| Structural Dynamics Research Corporation   Cincinnati, OH         | 
| My employer cannot be held responsible for my correspondence ...  |
| They'd probably deny that I was employed here anyway.             |
=====================================================================

---

From: Susan Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Mar 1995 20:46:22 GMT

>what their holes look like. So what is doing this? 

Maybe the same whatever that's making those mysterious crop circles in
England?!?  Hmm?!?

(I have no idea).                  -Sue Sanders