Subject: Re: Air freshening indoor plants??

From: [email-masked]
Date: 9 Mar 95 23:16:20 -0600

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Craig Davis) writes:
> Are there any particular indoor plants that are good for
> getting rid of stale air?  Along those lines, I heard that
> most plants produce relatively little usable oxygen, but
> does this vary greatly among different plants?  Right now
> I have a china doll, which seems to have a good effect.
> Also, it seems that plant output varies with different
> conditions and times of day.  With the china doll, I notice
> that it smells the freshest in morning sunlight, after it's
> been watered.  Of course, this is anecdotal evidence.

It sort of depends on what you mean by "getting rid of stale
air".  "Airplane plant" or "spider plant", _Chlorophytum_, is
one of the best at absorbing indoor air pollutants, or so
said an EPA(?) study of about 10 years ago.

If you're looking for plants that smell good indoors, well...
I'm kinda fond of scented leaf geraniums.  Just run your fingers
lightly over the leaves.  UM!

Kay Klier  [email-masked]