Subject: What's this on my African Violets?

From: [email-masked] (Mary Panza)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 15:06:58 GMT

I've recently noticed that a few very small bugs fall out of my African
violets if I tap the pot. I can't get a good look at the little crawling
specs (that's what they look like) even with a magnifying lense. I've
checked the plants over and haven't noticed any damage beyond the normal
bumps you'd expect in a commerically grown and transported plant. I can't
see anything resembling the pictures of white flies. No tunnelling on the
leaves, in fact the leaves look pretty good. The plants are blooming well
and look otherwise healthy. 

Can anyone shed some light on what these crawling specs might be? Are they
"adult" white flies? 
And should I be worried and trying to kill them off? 

Thanks for any help. 

-Mary Panza

---------------------
[email-masked]
Disclaimer: My company's intellectual property rights extend only to the
work I do for them. I doubt they want any part of my personal opinions.