Subject: Re: spiderplants

From: [email-masked] (Richard S. Fee)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 23:08:01 GMT

While it's true that spider plants are almost indestructable, they do
grow much better under some conditions than others. I have not cared for 
spider plants either :), but unfortunately my wife inherited one from her 
grandmother, which has sentimental value. For many years it was kept in a 
small ceramic pot in a relatively dark room. The soil was very moist, as
I tend to overwater. The plant looked like the one you described. 

I eventually repotted, and found that the plant was severely rootbound.
A new clay pot has helped the plant grow to three times the size in a matter
of weeks (OH, joy). The soil is a bit drier, but I'm sure the primary factor
is the freeeing up of the roots. IMO, 90% of all (non-bug related) houseplant 
problems can be solved by putting plants in larger pots. 

Regards,

Richard Fee

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard S. Fee)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 23:08:01 GMT

Regards,

Richard Fee