Subject: Snail Soup

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 95 10:07:49 EST

All the Winter rains in the Southwest have produced a bumper crop of
escargots in gardens.

Take advantage of the abundance and make snail soup! (not for human
consumption):

SNAIL SOUP:

In a bucket mix about a cup or two of a STRONG solution of any of the
following (to later be diluted and poured in the garden):

Pure Vinegar, Miracid, 5% Iron Solution (an acid amendment), or even
Baking Soda (if your soil is too acid already)

Harvest snails and deposit in bucket with solution.  Snails will expire.

Dilute liquid and pour out in garden.  Reserve expired snails.

Dig several shallow holes.  Divide and distribute snails into holes.
Cover holes loosely overnight with boards. The following morning, when
slugs have entered the holes to feed, backfill.

Sorry if I grossed anyone out.  I've never seen so many snails as there
are this year.  Calls for drastic countermeasures.

Richard Shiell, ASLA   Bakersfield, CA         [email-masked]

Old gardeners don't die, they just go to seed.

--
Mainframes, Minis & Micros     |     Running MajorBBS and Internet!
5630 District Blvd.   #114     |     Desert Jewel BBS & OnLine Mall
Bakersfield, CA      93313     |     Discounted Hardware & Software
LandLine  ==  800-949-1959     |     BBS == 805-397-2063 14.4 n-8-1