Subject: Re: plants for wet areas?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 95 11:38:25 EST

Hi, Wendy.  For that wet area try: Astilbe, Cowslip (native), Showy
Lady's Slipper Orchid (MN. State Flower), and whatever the local
extension agents recommend in the way of native grasses.  But look
out for grasses in general; they're tough and prolific when happy.
Also, contact the MN. Landscape Arboretum, and go to their spring
plant sale.

Richard Shiell          [email-masked]

IP>Have a low-lying area that is shortly to be planted. It gets all the rain
IP>and is generally soggy. After adding organic material to the soil, would
IP>like to add plants. Does anyone know of good wet-tolerant plants other
IP>than Japanese irises?

IP>I am in Zone 4 in Minnesota and would like especially to use native
IP>grasses that tolerate wet conditions.
IP>Wendy in Stillwater
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ Old gardeners don't die, they just go to seed.

--
Mainframes, Minis & Micros     |     Desert Jewel BBS & Mall
5630 District Blvd.   #114     |     WWW.KERN.COM
Bakersfield, CA      93313     |     TELNET DJ.KERN.COM
LandLine  ==  800-949-1959     |     FTP FTP.KERN.COM