Subject: Re: [Q] Info on battery powered mowers?

From: [email-masked] (Sally Trude)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 19:12:35 -0500

I was waiting for a reply to your first post too.  This is what I've found
out in the meantime...  There are three rechargable-battery mulching
mowers:  Ryobi, Husqvarna, and Black and Decker.  They all seem to require
16 hours to recharge.

The Ryobi:  I have been told that a lot of folks have had troubles with
the Ryobi within the first the year (they've needed repairs).  Also,
recharging it is a nuisance because of the location of the transformer.  

Black and Decker:  I have yet to find one and check it out.  I was told
that they can be used with a bag (bought separately).  Also, the battery
does not automatically discharge after use, so to increase its life you
must discharge it fully before recharging.  Otherwise, the fellow I talked
to owned one and absolutely loves it. 

Husqvarna:  It will discharge automatically before recharging, but there
is no option for a bag.  This is the one I bought, but I haven't used it
yet.  If you can wait a week or two more, I'll keep you posted.

Hope this helps, such as it is.      Sally

> I'm still looking for comments on walk-behind power mowers which run on a
> battery.  The companies (Black and Decker and others) claim they work well
> and even mulch.
> 
> Anyone have any actual experiences with them?
> 
> Thanks

---

From: [email-masked] (Ted Swirsky)
Date: 27 Mar 1995 17:54:28 GMT

Thanks