Subject: invasive plants

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 95 15:53:30 EST

If it's not Purple Loosestrife, it might be Dame's Rocket, Hesperis
matronalis.

[snip]
IG>i'm in new brunswick (canada) and we're having a massive problem with an
IG>invasive plant that is not native, but is taking over huge areas.  i can't
IG>remember the name (does anyone here?), but they are tall, bright purple, and
IG>so beautiful that people are transplanting them from ditches to their
IG>yards.  the problem is that each of these guys produces about a million
IG>seeds... :(
IG>mda

Richard Shiell, ASLA    Bakersfield, CA         [email-masked]
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ Old gardeners don't die, they just go to seed.

--
Mainframes, Minis & Micros     |     Desert Jewel BBS & Mall
5630 District Blvd.   #114     |     WWW.KERN.COM
Bakersfield, CA      93313     |     TELNET DJ.KERN.COM
LandLine  ==  800-949-1959     |     FTP FTP.KERN.COM