Subject: Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac

From: [email-masked] (steve defreese)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 03:13:28 GMT

I need some advice on how to get rid of this stuff in my yard.  I know
that Roundup is good but it's so expensive.  Is there anything cheaper
that is just as effective or am I doomed to fork out some bucks on
Roundup to get rid of the poison ivy.  I need to get rid of poison ivy
because I am highly alergic to it.  I love working in my yard but the 
poison ivy is taking over.
Thanks,
Kay DeFreese

---

From: [email-masked] (HassMfgCo)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 09:08:05 -0500

Weed-b-gone kills ALL broadleaf plants.  Very small amounts mixed with
water in a tank sprayer are very effective.  Be VERY careful not to spray
any onto any nearby trees or plants.  It will kill even full size trees. 
It does a great job on poison ivy.

Dave Hass

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 28 Mar 95 17:06:47 -0600

> poison ivy is taking over.

Roundup or a goat is about your best choice for low toxicity solutions.

Other chemicals labeled for poison ivy control (but I don't know
if they're approved for home use) include:

Arsenal; Contain: (isopropylamine salt of imazapyr)
Banvel  (dimethylamine salt of dicamba)
Amizol (amitrole)
Crossbow (2,4-D, tricyclopyr and butoxyethyl ester)
Dacamine (2,4-D and analogs)
Oust (sulfometuron methyl methyl 2-[[[[4,6 dimethyl-2 pyramidinyl)amino]
      carbonyl]amino]sulfonyl]benzoate (say that 3 times fast!)
Spike (tebuthiuron)
Turflon (tricyclopyr)
Weedmaster (dicamba, dicamba derivatives, and 2,4-D)
Weedone (2,4-D derivatives)

Personally, I'd shell out for the glyphosate (Roundup).

Kay Klier  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Trask)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 21:26:47

>Roundup to get rid of the poison ivy.

Actually, you don't need to use roundup. Ortho has a product called Woody
Plant and Weed Killer that is highly effective on P.I. I use it myself and
it works great. It is mixed approx. one-half cup to two gallons of water
and then is sprayed on the P.I., so a little goes a long way. The only
drawback is that you shouldn't use the same sprayer for other spray
products.

-Peter-

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Trask)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 21:26:47

-Peter-

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Trask)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 21:26:47

-Peter-