Subject: Inexperienced Composter Question

From: [email-masked] (DAVID MACKENZIE)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 95 15:21:00 -0800

You don't have to add manure at all. it will help but it is just a
source of nitrogen for the process. I had a great pile goinig that was
just grass clipings (nitrogen) and choped leaves (carbon) then any and
all other kitchen and yard waste that is around. You do need to give it
a heavy mist of water when you turn it to help. Adding dirt does nothing
to help but having a balance of carbon and nitrogen gets things going
thus the layers. When you turn it you do not keep the layers as it is
not nessessary even from the start. It  just helps to balance out the
carbon/nitrogen as you creat the pile.

Have Fun With It!
David M.

Please drop me a note
I need to test that
my messages are getting
out.
Thanks

      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      |The Revolution Bulletin Board System (209) 224-9310 v.34 ISDN  |
      |6700 USENET NewsGroups:InterNet:FidoNet:Satellite Feeds:CD-ROMS|
      |FTP-Mail:RiME:Inter-Node Chat:USA-Today:4 1/2 Gigs File Storage|
      |Full Color Radar and Weather Maps : Updated Sports News:TVagent|
      |PCnovice:PCtoday:PC-Catalog;[email-masked]:Fidonet @ 1:205/24.0|
      -------------------- Fresno,California USA ----------------------