Subject: Moving Roses

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 95 20:15:38 CST

I have a friend who wants to move some rose bushes.  They are located in 
Central Arkansas and our weather has been mostly warm and the branches are 
turning reddish with new leaves at the tops.   The question is, will moving 
them at this point kill them?

I suggested that we leave them until fall, then cut them back and move 
them.  Is this the right answer?

Thanks much for any help from anyone,
Bob Carpenter

21st Century Marketing & Consulting Co.  1-800-516-4381, an association of 
small business professionals offering Computer Equipment & Consultations,
Life, Disability Income & Mortgage Insurance, Self Help Books, Fashion 
Jewelry, Avon Products, Business Printing and Fishing Lures.  Email:  
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Debbie DeNeese)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 18:14:11 -1812

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(Christine Owens) wrote:

  > You can move the roses now, as long as the new site is well-prepared,
  > and they get plenty of water until they establish in their new home.
  > Get as much of the root ball intact as possible.

How about here in South Florida (Zone 10?)  I have two that are gonna be
really unhappy come the rainy season in their current location that I
would like to move to drier quarters...(we moved in to this house a few
months ago...)

---------= http://inca.gate.net:80/~d_swartz/ =--------------
 Debbie DeNeese                     Email:  [email-masked]
 Neurodisc Records, Inc.            (finger for pgp public key)             
 450 N. Park Road  Suite 700             (305) 963-0555 [voice]
 Hollywood, FL   33021                   (305) 964-1117 [fax]

---

From: [email-masked] (Debbie DeNeese)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 18:14:11 -1812