Subject: Russian Sage

From: [email-masked] (Sharon E. McDonald)
Date: 27 Mar 1995 17:21:11 GMT

Does anyone have much experience with Russian Sage?  I live in zone 5, 
East Central IL, and am considering planting a couple in my perennial 
border (faces west).

How long does it bloom, difficulty growing, etc.??

Thanks in advance.

Sharon 

--

---

From: [email-masked] (Janine Dahms Walker)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 00:29:49 GMT

I grow it in MN, zone 4.  Likes dry sunny soil.  I trim it back after a
hard frost, or early in spring before it starts to grow.  The bloom starts
in late July  here, and carries through till frost in Oct/Nov.  It's a
striking plant, tall slender stems that look great with yellow coreopsis
planted in front.  Very easy to grow, and survives drought and abuse!   
Janine

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Sharon