Subject: PEONIES

From: [email-masked] (Ruth Evans)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 95 15:50:11

>In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Bonnie Pa
>writes:

>>
>>I planted peonies several years ago.  They come up every year,
>>but never bloom.  What am I doing wrong?  (I'm in zone 7)
>>

Bonnie, peonies can take several years to be established.  In addition,
if you plant them too deep, the literature I've read says they won't
bloom.  Last year was the third year mine had been in the ground and I
got my first major blooms.  This year, they're coming up bigger and I
hope with more blooms than last year!

Ruth Evans
     __             ___        __
__  ////\  /\/\  /\/ _//\ __  /// | Anne McCaffrey: Master Word Crafter|
\\\//// '\/    \/ / /\/ '\\\\///  | Princess:  Cutest Wiggle Tail Ever!|
 \XX/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\__/\/\/ \XX/   | [email-masked] or [email-masked] |

---

From: [email-masked] (gwen baker)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 23:50:53 GMT

The little ants are definitely necessary for the flowers to bloom.  I don't
know if there is s specific type or if any that happen to be in the
neighborhood can answer the plants call..
The very tip of the bulb should be just under the soil, kindof like an
iris.  Also would you wonderful peony growers PLEASE send me your
flowers(Email me for instructions)  I need as many as I can get  and will
gladly pay postage. You ca enjoy them too honest.
Gwen

---

From: [email-masked] (gwen baker)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 23:50:53 GMT