Subject: HELP!!! How to eliminate ANTS in houseplant

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 15:29:06 GMT

Hello all,
I hope this is the right newsgroup for posting this and I'm desperate.
I have an indoor tropical plant (7' tall, not quite sure what is the
name of the plant).
One day, all the sudden I saw some ants crawling around the outside of
the 16" pot and onto the carpet where the plant is sitting.
I then removed the plant from the pot, and to my surprise there is like
a nest of ants (a lot lot of ants) at bottom inside of the pot and also
in the middle of the roots.  If I take the roots and pound it agaisnt the
floor I would see a whole bunch of ants dropping out onto the floor. 
These ants are small type of ants and they look like the inhouse ants.
The ants probably already live in the plant at the time that I bought
the plant.
I would like to know a way of killing these ants without killing the
plant so there will be no more ants crawling around the house and on the
carpet.  If you have any suggestion/ideas please let me know by sending
me email or if you know any chemical that would kill the ants but not
the plant.
Thanks in advance,

Dzung Vu.
-- 
Regards,

   *-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
   |   DZUNG  Q. VU                      Phone: (512) 838-2793 (t/l 678)   |