Subject: Re: Zone 3 Wisteria?

From: Mary Spencer <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Mar 1995 02:57:13 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> John Woodworth,
[email-masked] writes:
>I hunger for a wisteria, but I'm not taking the chance. I'm getting the 
>yellowwood instead.

May I relate one of my favorite stories? I think I read it in A Southern
Garden: An Englishman wanted a redwood in his garden, but everyone said a
redwood couldn't grow in England. He planted 100 seeds anyway. Of the 100
seeds, only one sprouted and that one became a tree. Redwoods wouldn't
grow there, but that particular redwood would (uh...).

I told my husband this story when I read it and now when-ever I say I
want this plant but... he reminds me of it and suggests I try.

Mary Spencer
Eye on Government

(919) 596-0152 Voice
(919) 596-0081 Fax
[email-masked]
AOL: MarySpence