Subject: Re: FISH EMULSION

From: [email-masked] (Charles Ruberto)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 14:41:01 GMT

PBlen ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Shepherd's carries seamix liquid organic fertilizer.
: two pints is only $11.95.  I have been using it for years
: and it works great.
: to reach Shepherds - 203-482-3638

Yes, it works great...

It's also much cheaper from Pinetree Garden Seeds of Maine:  

$4.98/pint plus a shipping fee that's a dollar or so less than Shepherd's. 

Charles Ruberto
	[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (PBlen)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 03:27:14 -0400

Shepherd's carries seamix liquid organic fertilizer.
two pints is only $11.95.  I have been using it for years
and it works great.
to reach Shepherds - 203-482-3638

---

From: [email-masked] (Charles Ruberto)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 14:41:01 GMT

Yes, it works great...

Charles Ruberto
	[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (PBlen)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 03:27:14 -0400

---

From: [email-masked] (Charles Ruberto)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 14:41:01 GMT

Yes, it works great...

Charles Ruberto
	[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (PBlen)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 03:27:14 -0400

---

From: [email-masked] (NiniMaine)
Date: 9 Apr 1995 21:38:44 -0400

You can buy fish emulsion made by smaller outfits than Scott--here in
Maine, our local fish processing companies produce it. However, there is
more to worry about than mercury in most fish these days--PCBs being the
most frightening. Nevertheless, organic gardeners use fish emulsion.
Heaven knows, the dioxin falling out of the sky in the form of rain onto
our compost heaps is doing enough damage.....Fish emulsion makes for
enormous plants and successful gardens. Good luck. Native Americans knew
what they were doing!

---

From: [email-masked] (teresa m. esch)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 02:38:12 GMT

Ah.. THat's what I was thinking of - PCBs.  So is there any chance
of them getting into your veggies?  If so, would it be enough to 
worry about?  I think I recall that they are stored in fat, so maybe
it would be more of a concern for more oily veggies?

teresa

In article <[email-masked]>,

--