Subject: water gardening

From: Patriot-News Staff <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Mar 1995 19:17:52 GMT

Anybody have any bad experiences trying to put in a water garden?
Are they worth doing or not worth the trouble and maintenance?

---

From: Don Martinson <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Mar 1995 20:40:37 GMT

> Are they worth doing or not worth the trouble and maintenance?
 
I started water gardening 15 years ago using 10 gallon pickle crocks, 
graduated to half barrels of oak, and now have my own 15 x 25 foot
lily pond.  Yes, there is work involved (primarily in the building) but
the rewards have been worth it.  My advise for beginners:  Start with
something small scale, so if you decide it isn't worth it you haven't
spent thousands of dollars and destroyed your entire yard.  You can
always upgrade.  Also, try the newsgroup:  rec.ponds.
Don Martinson
[email-masked]

---

From: Don Martinson <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Mar 1995 20:40:37 GMT