Subject: Re: Are wheel hoes worth while?

From: [email-masked]
Date: 9 Mar 95 20:57:57 -0600

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] writes:
> I would like some feedback on wheel hoes.  How well do they work?  Are they
> difficult to use?  Are they worth the money & energy needed to purchase and
> use one?  Are there any specific models that you can recommend?
> 
> I am considering purchasing a tiller and was wondering if using a combination
> of a wheel hoe and a mini tiller would fill my needs.  My garden is between
> 1/4 and 1/2 acre and the soil is fairly soft (no hard clay).  Any comments
> recommendations will be appreciated
Is a wheel hoe a "handpush garden plow"?  If so, they're the fastest
way to weed between rows that I know of, and even I, with some major
orthopedic problems, can handle one.  Can't begin to hang onto a 
tiller, though.

BTW, my garden plow was my great-grandfather's.  Doubt many tillers
will last that long!  ;-)

Kay Klier  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 9 Mar 95 17:42:07 CDT

I am considering purchasing a tiller and was wondering if using a combination
of a wheel hoe and a mini tiller would fill my needs.  My garden is between
1/4 and 1/2 acre and the soil is fairly soft (no hard clay).  Any comments
recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks

John Kuhn