Subject: WANTED: Milwaukee rose DRUMMOND'S THORNLESS

From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey A. Del Col)
Date: 29 Mar 1995 18:23:04 GMT

I am interesting in obtaining cuttings --or better yet, small
rooted divisions -- of a common Milwaukee area rose called 
"Drummond's Thornless."  

This rose is no longer available in commerce--or so I've been told.

It is supposed to be a common backyard fixture in older Milwaukee
neighborhoods.  It is a tall--up to ten feet-- arching bush with 
pink flowers and almost no thorns.  In the autumn its leaves turn
a spectacular reddish purple with flecks of gold.

If anyone in Milwaukee knows this rose and is willing to send me
cuttings in return for divisions of some Old Garden Roses or for
cash, please e-mail me at <<[email-masked]>> or via
the Cleveland Freenet.

Thanks in advance.

J. Del Col
-- 
Jeff Del Col   * "Sleeplessness is like metaphysics.
A-B College    *  Be there."
Philippi, WV   * 
               * ----Charles Simic----