Subject: Re: goatskin gloves

From: [email-masked] (Ruth Evans)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 95 04:24:28

> I was just given some goatskin gloves. They feel wonderful on the hand
>while gardening--like a second skin. Does anyone know how I can best ca
>for them??

I've just been flower gardening for the last few years.  The last two
years I've purchased cotton gloves.  This year, I've about had it.  The
pair I just bought, I wore once and worked clear through the fingertips
in one day.  Are leather gloves (like the goatskin above) worth the
expense?

Ruth Evans
     __             ___        __
__  ////\  /\/\  /\/ _//\ __  /// | Anne McCaffrey: Master Word Crafter|
\\\//// '\/    \/ / /\/ '\\\\///  | Princess:  Cutest Wiggle Tail Ever!|
 \XX/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\__/\/\/ \XX/   | [email-masked] or [email-masked] |

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 26 Mar 1995 13:23:04 GMT

Okay, I was born insane!  Actually, I am just killing time until
I can plant the annuals.  :)

If anyone has the addresses / phone numbers of catalogues,
nurseries, etc. that would be of interest to gardeners, I will
compile them into a list, keep it updated, and post it on the
forum every once in a while.

E-mail, please.

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 28 Mar 1995 14:35:27 GMT

> PA> Are leather gloves (like the goatskin above) worth the 
> PA> expense? 
>  
 
Absolutely!!  I love goatskin, but use heavier cowhide gloves for   
the real heavy-duty work.  I use the goatskin gloves for   
everything else, including just plain working around my garage   
(saves the manicure:-) 
 
Samantha