Subject: How to deal with Ryegrass in garden area

From: [email-masked] (Jeff Quade)
Date: 13 Mar 1995 15:09:09 GMT

I tilled up my vegetable garden last fall and sowed ryegrass as
a winter cover. Now I'm having a time hoeing through the root
mats to put in my early stuff. Anyone else use rye as a cover
like this? I never thought it would get so well established
over a few months; I'm afraid I'll be fighting it all summer 
even after I till again. Anyone got suggestions? I'm in
Richmond, Va.

================ Jeff Quade == [email-masked] ===============

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 15 Mar 1995 11:45:43 GMT

>================ Jeff Quade == [email-masked] ===============

You are supposed to turn it under about six weeks before you
are ready to plant so that it can rot, and add nitrogen back
to the soil.  Try tilling it under with a shovel, or tiller.

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Steven M. Begley)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 06:16:27 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Jeff Quade) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Jeff Quade)
>Subject: How to deal with Ryegrass in garden area
>Date: 13 Mar 1995 15:09:09 GMT

Jeff
Round-Up!
Steven

>mats to put in my early stuff.