Subject: Organic Lawn Care

From: [email-masked] (Denys Chen)
Date: 12 Mar 1995 16:03:16 -0500

Question 1: What is the most effective organic lawn fertilizer ?
A local home store recommended Milorganite (6-2-0). It's from 
Milorganite Division - MMSD, Milwaukee. It claims to be "organic".
One other fertilizer I saw at local store is Lawn Restore (10-2-6)
from Ringer Corp. of Minneapolis. The product is claimed to be 
"Natural". (Is that different from organic ?) Does anyone have any 
expereince with these two fertilizers ? Is it effective ? Or do you
know any other organic fertilizer you'd recommend ?

Question 2: My lawn is being attacke by, I think, moles. They dig
conical holes of 1 to 2 inch in diameter and about 1 to 2 inch deep
on my lawn. The lawn is next to a wooded land, thus it's not a 
feasible solution to trap or kill the moles. So I have to kill the 
grubs under my lawn. But I want to do it organically. I heard about
milky spore desease. But, again, the local home store recommend
a new *organic* pestcide called Biosafe. Has anyone used the new 
product ? Is it effective and is it really organic ?

Reply by e-mail ([email-masked]) preferred but posting is fine.

Thank you in advance.

-- 
 /\/\ |Denys Chen           [email-masked] | 
/ /_.\|Cambridge Technology Partners, Inc.|     Be OO or be SQUARE.   
\  /./|304 Vassar St.  Cambridge, MA 02139|  
 \/\/ |Desk:617 374-8271  Fax:617 374-8300|