Subject: hosta

From: [email-masked] (bill griffith)
Date: 15 Mar 1995 03:07:10 GMT

I have a patch of hosta's (hostii?) along the East side of my house. In 
the beginning of the summer they do real well, but as the temp goes up, 
the plants get holes in them and start to brown and become quite 
listless. I have tried watering regularly and checked to find no insects 
to damage them. I believe it's the heat from direct sunlight for half the 
day then the reflected heat from the house that's doing them harm. I will 
move them this spring (like real soon!). But I need something to take its 
place. No I don't want to mow more grass. I would appreciate any advice 
as to what I should do to liven the area up a bit. 
I am in South Central PA so I am in the southern part of zone 6.

TIA

bil

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+                                                                   +
+                      Language is a virus!                         +
+                                                               L.A.+
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++