Subject: 2 cycle engine/starting

From: [email-masked] (Joe Zimmerman)
Date: 30 Mar 95 06:02:20

Hello, I'me Joe and New to your echo.  I have injoyed reading it for
the past month or so.

Does any one have problems with 2 cycle engines starting after sitting
for a while, such as lawn mowers after the winter, weed trimmers
after several weeks, chain saws since they are not used in the home
every week, gas blowers/vacs etc.?

The local outboard motor/motorcycle shop suggested I try a "gasoline
preformance additive & stabilizer" for my 140 hp Suzuki outboard for
the winter.  It worked and the big motor starts easy after several weeks
of no use and will troll for several hours at a low speed without
hesitation.  This I thought was because of the additive and I also
thought it was time to try it in all my 2 cycle engine gasoline.  (I
live in central Texas)

It works for me!!!... The product I use is made by Sierra and is
available at the motorcycle store.  I mix it in the gas/oil can ready
for use.  I do not drain the gas during the winter or when the
equipment is not in use.  Start ups have been no problem for me for
some time now.

Has any one else had any experence with this type product?

Regards, Joe

... I never choose between two evils. I look at five or six.

---

From: Susan Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Mar 1995 14:18:10 GMT

>preformance additive & stabilizer" for my 140 hp Suzuki outboard for

Yep, I use Stabil in my lawn mower every fall.  Starts right up in the
spring.  Great stuff.                                        -Sue Sanders