Subject: FAQ for Garlic?

From: [email-masked] (Dean, David)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 12:58:51

Garden Netters,

I've surfed on and off all week looking for planting/harvesting/drying 
instructions for the humble Allium Sativum.  Does anyone any of this 
information handy or know of a FAQ devoted to garlic (besides the info 
available on the Web)?

Cheers,

---

From: [email-masked] (Frank Miles)
Date: 31 Mar 1995 21:06:28 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>information handy or know of a FAQ devoted to garlic (besides the info 

Don't know about the FAQ (I'd like to know where the gardening ones
are (FTP, not WEB)); but there's a great book specifically about
garlic: "Growing Great Garlic".  Sorry, don't recall the author's
name at the moment.  It's fairly economical, and goes into every detail
you can imagine about garlic.  It's produced by Filaree Farms (or
something like that).

			-frank

---

From: [email-masked] (Hobogirl)
Date: 7 Apr 1995 22:45:09 -0400

All I know is common garlic.  I took the shriveled ones out of the fridge
last spring 
and buried them in the garbage spot of my garden, the part that's mostly
shade, lot's of clay and not worked too well.  They didn't do too well
last year, I couldn't harvest but they're all up and looking good this
year.  Zone 5 mind you,  most stuff is just barely peeking out around
here.  They don't take up too much room so it's not such a problem to
leave them til they reach better size.

---

From: [email-masked] (Hobogirl)
Date: 7 Apr 1995 22:45:09 -0400

---

From: [email-masked] (Hobogirl)
Date: 7 Apr 1995 22:45:09 -0400