Subject: Help Locating Arbors

From: [email-masked] (Matthew Diaz)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 15:40:06 -0600

For over a year I have been on the quest for an arbor for the garden.
I'm looking for something along the following lines:

    o Not made out of PVC
    o Preferably not made of wood.  This is primarily motivated by the
    	fact that of the wooden arbors I've seen, the ones I like (e.g.
    	from Country Casual) are too expensive (>$500).  The other variety
    	are in the $50-$75 range and look rather shoddy (with lots of exposed
    	hardware, etc.)  I haven't seen a happy medium.
    o Preferably made of metal (wrought iron, copper)
    o Dimensions something like 4' x 7' x 2.5'

Of the stores I've looked at here in North Texas, most just sell
the PVC variety.  The closest I've seen mail order is a copper one
from Jackson & Perkins (but it is only 15 inches deep) and a wrought iron
from Country Casual (for $400, and it is slightly too narrow).  I realize
this sounds picky, but it is something I will be looking at for many years.

If anyone can point me to a good mail-order, or even better, a local
supplier, I would be most grateful.  The climbing rose we planted 3 years
ago next to the spot is getting a bit anxious.

Please respond by email and if there is enough interest, I will post the
results!

Matthew Diaz
[email-masked]

P.S. Some of you may remember that I posted a question about building
arbors a year ago.  Well... I decided I needed one in my lifetime so I'm
going to buy it! :-)