Subject: cherry laurel

From: [email-masked] (Cheryl Rothlisberger-HO-77163U(MT4758)T147)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 14:25:38 GMT

Hello,

I need some information on cherry laurel and andromeda (sp?) shrubs. 
I'd like to know:
  - How tall and wide does they grow?
  - How fast do they grow (on an average)?
  - Do you think they will blend well with Rhododendrons as a privacy 
    fence under the shade of oak trees? 
  - Does they require a lot of pruning?
  - Are they highly susceptible to any diseases or infestations?

I live on a corner property, so I'd like to screen the backyard
from the sidestreet. This is the Northwest side. The area is shady
(dense to light shade) depending on the specific location, and the
soil is acidic. I live in zone 7.

Thanks,
Cheryl

---

From: [email-masked] (Dick Gilman)
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 1995 15:14:23 GMT

They are by nature a fruit tree.  

You will have all the work requirements of a regular fruit tree
with them, dormant oil, bugs, etc..

They are beatiful.  Some people have them and never do anything for
them and they flourish.   Those are the lucky ones.