Subject: pollen

From: [email-masked]
Date: 29 Mar 95 09:28:40 -0500

I need to find someplace to buy pollen.
It can't be from bees.
I need it to feed my predatory mites.
Lance.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Mar 95 09:00:43 -0600

> I need it to feed my predatory mites.

Probably the easiest thing to do in  Florida is collect it yourself:
Easter Lilies that should be in just about every nursery are good
sources of HUGE anthers;  some florists still use the old practice
of emasculating easter lilies to make them last longer: you may
find one that would appreciate your volunteer help in the process,
or is at least willing to toss the removed anthers your way.

Just about any "wide-open" flower is a candidate for an easy
anther-ectomy.  I know we've got rough lemon blooming in our
greenhouse presently, and that's an easy source.

Pollen stores well frozen.  At least for your purposes.

Kay Klier  [email-masked]