Subject: Landscape Design on Computer?

From: [email-masked] (Tony Michael)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 1995 04:32:58 GMT

Hi,

I am new to this news group and new to (serious) gardening.  One thing I have 
found as I try to learn about what I might want to plant in my flower beds 
is... there are a lot of different flowers, all with different reqirement for 
best growth.

I am look for a starting point.  I need visual feedback.  I am wondering if 
there exists a computer package that given certain information about the  
flower bed (demensions(length, width, height, contour), relations to 
shrubs/trees in bed, degree on sun (shade, sun/shade, shade), geographical 
location, etc., would suggest and display graphically different planting 
schemes.  The most frustrating thing for me is not knowing what it will look 
like when the plants grow to maturity...  not knowing if combination of plants 
will grow to tall for the area or to small.  With visual aid I can try "if 
then" games on the computer and not wait until the flowers are grown and try 
again next year.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Tony

---

From: Glenna Feir <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Mar 1995 14:56:50 GMT

> There's a program called Flowerscape that allows you to "plant" all kinds
> of things.  It then allows you to select different months of the year to
> see what the garden will look like that month, 
>   
>  I still see it in software catalogs, however, so it's still around.
> 

Anyone know which software catalogs include "Flowerscape" or which company
makes this product.

thanks,

Glenna

---

From: [email-masked] (Karen Fletcher)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 21:26:49 GMT

: Anyone know which software catalogs include "Flowerscape" or which company
: makes this product.

The best place to look (and buy from, they're great!) is PC Connection.  
Next day, instant gratifaction and great service.

Their phone number is (pause to scurry away to look for catalog) 
1-800-800-0004

For an illustrated review of FLOWERscape and reviews of other garden 
desgin software, see the Gardening Software page at The Garden Gate (URL 
below).

--
Karen Fletcher                                     [email-masked]
==========================================================================
The Garden Gate            http://www.prairienet.org/ag/garden/homepage.htm
The Garden Gate at SunSITE  http://sunsite.unc.edu/garden-gate/homepage.htm
The Garden Spider's Web    http://mirror.wwa.com/mirror/garden/spdrsweb.htm

---

From: [email-masked] (BMacken969)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 09:52:14 -0500

FLOWERSCAPE is available from TigerSoftware, at 1-800-888-4437.  I think
it costs $49.  It's lots of fun to play with, and educational.