Subject: what's lavender cotton

From: [email-masked] (J.D. Roth)
Date: 24 Mar 1995 21:09:14 GMT

I was itching to buy plants yesterday, so at the garden store I picked up
a 6" pot of what I thought was lavender.

When I was paying for it, the woman said to me that it was lavender
cotton, or santolince (sp?) amd will have small yellow flowers later this
summer.  Plant it anywhere, she said, and it will grow.

I rushed home to find it in my books for more details, but alas, it's
nowhere.  Can anyone give me more info on this (and perhaps the correct
spelling?)  The foliage looks just like lavender's.  Thanks!  KGates at

-- 
                           May 1961: J.F.K. announces Apollo decision
J.D. Roth and/or           Jul 1969: first steps on the moon
Kris Gates via             Dec 1972: last American on the moon
[email-masked]        Jul 1976: Viking I lands on Mars
                           Feb 1995: ...where are we now?...

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 16:56:08 GMT

>spelling?)  The foliage looks just like lavender's.  Thanks!  KGates at

Santolina chamaecyparissus.  Evergreen member of the compositae,
and very easy to grow.  Doesn't like rich soil, but needs good drainage.

Chris Owens