Subject: Re: WANTED: Milwaukee rose DRUMMOND'S THORNLESS

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 1995 04:17:05 GMT

On 29 Mar 1995 18:23:04 GMT, 
Jeffrey A. Del Col  <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>I am interesting in obtaining cuttings --or better yet, small
>rooted divisions -- of a common Milwaukee area rose called 
>"Drummond's Thornless."  
>
>This rose is no longer available in commerce--or so I've been told.
>
>It is supposed to be a common backyard fixture in older Milwaukee
>neighborhoods.  It is a tall--up to ten feet-- arching bush with 
>pink flowers and almost no thorns.  In the autumn its leaves turn
>a spectacular reddish purple with flecks of gold.
>
>If anyone in Milwaukee knows this rose and is willing to send me
>cuttings in return for divisions of some Old Garden Roses or for
>cash, please e-mail me at <<[email-masked]>> or via
>the Cleveland Freenet.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>J. Del Col
>-- 
>Jeff Del Col   * "Sleeplessness is like metaphysics.
>A-B College    *  Be there."
>Philippi, WV   * 
>               * ----Charles Simic----
>
If all else fails, contact Dr. Henry Najat, regional coordinator (north 
central) for the Heritage Rose Group, Rt. 3, Monroe, WI  53566.  He grows 
over 1000 roses and if he doesn't have the variety he likely would have 
info as to who does.  I don't believe he has an e-mail address.  He has 
been known to donate cuttings.

lah
[email-masked]