Subject: Re: MORE questions from novice

From: [email-masked] (Dick Gilman)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 17:16:43 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, jack paul ([email-masked]) writes:
>Sorry, just thought of a few more questions:
>
>1.  How do I get rid of daylillies?  I love them in the right place
>BUT the previous owner put them on a slope outside front door, in
>a semi-formal setting.  I would love to put something else in
>here.  I spent part of my first spring here digging them out and
>giving them away.  That was a joke --- these things have been here
>for years!
>
The easiest way to get rid of them is to place an add in the paper
or here on rec.gardens for someone to come and take them.  Place
the add at the local garden stores or tell the owner he can come
and swap take your day lillies and give you the plants you want. 
This really works if you have alot and dont want alot in return!!!

>2.  We have a spring with an old ?cement spring house.  Any
>suggestions for vine to cover spring house?  Any suggestions for
>plants near the springhouse (ones that like shade, wet feet and take
>little or no care)?
Ivy if you want everything covered, honeysuckle if you want
everything covered, but again check a shade book for examples and
pictures.
> 
>In case you didn't read my previous post, we live in a wooded area,
>zone 6.  Ferns, Jack in the Pulput, Rhodos grow well here.  
>
>Please E-mail or post if info may be interesting to others.
>
>Thanks.  Linda 
>
>Jack Paul
>Hereford, Pa. USA
>[email-masked]‡
>

---

From: [email-masked] (Dick Gilman)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 17:16:43 GMT