Subject: help! the moles are back

From: [email-masked] (Jasanford)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 20:21:51 -0500

We have the moles tunneling through the lawn again this year.  We've tried
the suggested things from garden shops, like the things you put in their
tunnels, but it didn't seem to work.  Any suggestions?   Thanks in advance

---

From: Max Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 09:59:02 -0800

> tunnels, but it didn't seem to work.  Any suggestions?   Thanks in advance

Iit has been my experience that using juicy fruit chewing gu has worked 
for this problem.  The proceedure is as follows,( I might note here that 
as moles have a keen sense of smell and dislike the human sent for 
obvious reasons that you not handle the gum with your bare hands, use 
your gloves.) using the handle of your rake poke a hole into the moles 
tunnel, unwrap and roll the gum up so that it fits into the hole and push 
it into the tunnel with the rake handle, cover the hole with your foot.  
repeat this procedure at about three foot intervals.  I know it sounds 
strange but this has worked for me for several years in many different 
locations.  It seems that the moles prefer juicy fruit to other gums, 
they eat it, cannot digest it, get constipated and expire.