Subject: Re: Coffee Grounds

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 95 08:26:29 PDT

Put them in your compost pile or just throw them on the soil.  I once heard 
they were acidic and contained some micronutrients so I throw them around my 
citrus which can always use more micronutrients.  Plus they are totally 
organic!> 
> Are coffee grounds good for anything in the garden?

---

From: [email-masked] (Peggy Seremjian)
Date: 13 Mar 1995 02:26:27 GMT

: > Are coffee grounds good for anything in the garden?

I have an indoor wormbox and my worms just _love_ coffeegrounds. Second 
only to canteloupe rinds.

Peg.

PS and the resultant worm castings are great in the garden. The grounds 
are much better having gone thru the worm first..

---

From: [email-masked] (Debbie DeNeese)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 15:20:39 -1812

In article <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] (Craig Brossman) wrote:

  > In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
  > (MSAlexandr) wrote:
  > 
  > -- 
  > I asked this group about using grounds for acid loving plants, particularly
  > blueberry bushes. I will put my grounds around the base of the plants this
  > season.

Is the benificial result of this amendment a lowering of the soil pH?  If
so, I'm gonna start drinking more coffee for my azaleas' sake...

=http://inca.gate.net:80/~d_swartz/neurodisc/html/neurodisc.html=
 Debbie DeNeese                     Email:  [email-masked]
 Neurodisc Records, Inc.            (finger for pgp public key)             
 450 N. Park Road  Suite 700             (305) 963-0555 [voice]
 Hollywood, FL   33021                   (305) 964-1117 [fax]
-= http://dswartz.dffl.gate.net/neurodisc/html/neurodisc.html =-