Subject: Is pyrentians a safe insecticide?

From: [email-masked] (Joseph Zupko)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 16:41:01 GMT

Is this product sfe for veggies such chinese cabbage bok choi and other
leafy crops and veggies? Is this EPA approved?
thank you
-- 
We can not have a cafeteria type democracy(freedom).

---

From: [email-masked] (RSherry271)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 22:39:12 -0500

Pyrethrum is a perfectly safe organic botanical pesticide that works quite
well on soft bodied insects and some hard shelled insects too. Frequently
used in organic flea treatments for pets.

Rosie in RI
Rosanne Sherry

"Dogs come when called, cats take a message and get back to you".

---

From: [email-masked] (RSherry271)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 22:39:12 -0500

Rosie in RI
Rosanne Sherry

---

From: [email-masked] (John G. Tusciuk)
Date: 28 Mar 1995 15:42:20 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:
: In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (RSherry271) writes:
: > Pyrethrum is a perfectly safe organic botanical pesticide that works quite
: > well on soft bodied insects and some hard shelled insects too. Frequently
: > used in organic flea treatments for pets.
: > 
: With one caveat, pyrethrins are safe:  If you have allergies to ragweed
: (_Ambrosia_ species), or other members of the Compositae (=Asteraceae) 
: (daisy/thistle/dandelion family), you may be senstitized to pyrethrins
: also.  I know of at least one case of anaphylactic shock from pyrethrin
: exposure, in someone who had very bad allergies to ragweed pollen.

I have had pyrethrins damage tender plant growth.  The bottle I had
warned against using on "young growth," but I used the spray on some
ferns and some of the fronds curled and a fiddlehead died.

John Tusciuk
[email-masked]

---

From: peggy bram <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 20:18:30 GMT

I also had a severe allergic reaction to pyrethrin; very ill for 
a week.  Be careful not to inhale it.

---

From: peggy bram <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 20:18:30 GMT