Subject: STOLEN: YELLOW CLIVIA MINIATA

From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Fine)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 18:18:52 -0800

I had been watching a few plants ofC. miniata (the yellow not orange ones)
for a few weeks, and thinking to myself how nice it is that really rare
plants can be planted in public and not be disturbed (they were in a 
planting in one of the quads here at Stanford. 

I went by yesterday and I saw holes where the plants once were... (lots of
mangled roots and some leaves too). Whoever went in and took them out knew
exactly what to look for... none of the orange ones were disturbed.. just
the yellow ones! GRRRRRRR..... if anyone who reads this knows who took
them... pressure them to put them back! (if someone reading this *took*
them--PUT THEM BACK!!!!!)

I am going to call the grounds department here anyway to report them
missing.

BY THE WAY!!!: White Flower Farm's Price on similar plants was way too high!
So whoever took them probably thought that they were worth a lot more than
they really are!!!
-- 

Jonathan
([email-masked])