Subject: Re: Spindley Seedlings

From: Libby Goldstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 18:09:05 -0800 (PST)

david

4" is too far from the little plantlets. They are stretching for the light.
1-2" is much better...assuming you are using fluorescents.

Libby

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 02:39:18 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (DBCHC) writes: 

>
>I don't believe I have a damping off problem but rather very spindley
>seedlings that are starting to fall over. After germination, I set the
>lights within 4" of the plants and keep plants watered but not soaked. The
>lights are on 16 hours a day and when they are not,  the basement is in
>the 50 - 60 degree range with seemingly adequate air circulation. This
>problem is occuring with the cilantro but not the artichokes. Any thoughts
>or suggestions????
>
>Thanks , David
>

Not enough fertilizer and / or not enough "touching".  Try feeding
the plants a weak fish-emulsion tea, and pinching back.

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 02:39:18 GMT

Chris Owens