Subject: Re: Master gardener info

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 06:29:52 GMT

On 18 Mar 1995 23:10:54 -0500, 
RSherry271  <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Master gardeners in RI take  a sixteen week training course taught mostly
>by University professors. In exchange they volunteer at least 50 hours or
>public service before reaching the level of Master gardener. Many of the
>volunteers continue to volunteer well beyond 50 hours. RI MG's volunteer
>on the toll-free hotline, at local fairs and the RI Flower and garden
>Show, several do speaking engagemnets around the state, and many more work
>on individual projects in local schools and community groups.
>
>I'd be happy to send a complete report of the history and policies of our
>program to anyone who can share theirs. I'm particularly looking for
>information as to how other states handle recertification of the
>volunteers. We've got some volunteers who may have taken the training
>nearly 20 years ago and they are not keeping up to date with the
>information that we give out.
>
>Rosie in RI
>Rosanne Sherry
>State Master Gardener Coordinator
>CE Education Center
>East Alumni Avenue
>Kingston, RI 02881-0804
>Rosanne Sherry
>
>"Dogs come when called, cats take a message and get back to you".
>
In my county in Minnesota we are required to attend 12 hours of additional 
classes per year, from an approved list, as well as putting in the minimum 
of 25 volunteer hours, in order to maintain master gardener certification. 

lah
[email-masked]