Subject: Amaryllis

From: [email-masked] (Leslie Rena Sims)
Date: 4 Apr 1995 13:25:12 GMT

Hi I am in zone 8 and I have gotten some mini amaryllis bulbs.  I have just one question:  Full sun, partial shade, or full shade?  I am going to grow them in
a long box planter on my deck.  Thanks for any info,

Leslie
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 07:26:19 GMT

>a long box planter on my deck.  Thanks for any info,

Full sun, plenty of water; and the bulbs are probably tender, so you
will need to dig them or mulch well in the fall.

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 07:26:19 GMT

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (charles dunn)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 04:50:40 -0500

Full sun.

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 07:26:19 GMT

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (charles dunn)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 04:50:40 -0500

Full sun.

---

From: lcw@uucp (Larry Wolfe)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 02:23:51 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,
>will need to dig them or mulch well in the fall.

  Leslie,

  Chris probably does not recognise the tamu part of the address.  Your
  bulbs will do OK in most winters hereabouts.  Fun sun and plenty of water
  because of the heat and the small growing space (container).  By the
  by, amaryllis do very well left in the ground around here.  They multiple
  like crazy.

  Have fun.

  --larry

    (austin)

---

From: [email-masked] (Bob Young)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 16:04:30 GMT

I've got dozens of these beautiful flowers in my yard, just north of Houston.
Many have been there for over 6-7 years, some much older. I don't have any
areas of full sun, just dappeled (sp) shade because of a complete canopy
oy pines. They bloom well and look great this time of year. I've never
done more than water these.
    Good Luck

             Bob