Subject: Re: Boxwood Care?

From: [email-masked] (killand)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 20:27:52 GMT

>I have a boxwood bush (I am fairly sure that's what it is) that is
>probably 30 or so years old and looks like it could use a little
>TLC.  Anyone know the proper care and feeding?  Some lower branches
>are without leaves and the leaves look a little *duller* than they
>
HI and sorry to see that you are having problems with your boxwood.

I would consider a few treatments of Iron Chelate and a nice feeding 
with an acid based fertilizer.  And it does not hurt to look for pests 
and or diseases,  I suggest dousing it with a mix of ivory dish soap and
water.  This will clean the leaves so they can transpire and breath.
Also, spidermites hate cold water :-).

Try that and see how it works, My E-Mail address is
[email-masked] in calgary Alberta.

We can grow Buxus Koreana up here and the zoning is about 3 a 45 
degree nights and a 90 day frost free season.

Derryl Killan
Hort. Tech.

---

From: [email-masked] (killand)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 20:27:52 GMT

Derryl Killan
Hort. Tech.

---

From: [email-masked] (killand)
Date: 5 Apr 1995 20:27:52 GMT

Derryl Killan
Hort. Tech.