Subject: for all you Richard Sexton fans

From: [email-masked] (Stan)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 1995 01:51:18 GMT

this was posted in news.groups April 1, 1995

In order to quell the rumors flying around about what the "secret"
behind-the-scenes reorganization of news.announce.newgroups is,
I've decided to announce the most major change right away rather than
two weeks from now.  I will be resigning as moderator of the newsgroup
news.announce.newgroups as of the first of May.  My immediate
replacement will be Richard Sexton, who has been a fine and upstanding
Usenet citizen for many years and has contributed quite a bit to
Usenet's stable growth.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 2 Apr 95 14:04:27 -0500

> this was posted in news.groups April 1, 1995
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Possibly of significance?

---

From: [email-masked] (Gary Cooper)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 1995 15:14:06 +0000

> Usenet citizen for many years and has contributed quite a bit to

Please note the date - heart attacks hurt :-)

-- 
Gary Cooper

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 2 Apr 1995 23:28:41 GMT

>Usenet citizen for many years and has contributed quite a bit to

 Phew! Notice the date folks.

Adam

-- 
______________________________________
Adam Finkelstein 
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Fellwalker)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 05:39:37 GMT

Stan ([email-masked]) wrote:
: this was posted in news.groups April 1, 1995
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
: In order to quell the rumors flying around about what the "secret"
: behind-the-scenes reorganization of news.announce.newgroups is,
: I've decided to announce the most major change right away rather than
: two weeks from now.  I will be resigning as moderator of the newsgroup
: news.announce.newgroups as of the first of May.  My immediate
: replacement will be Richard Sexton, who has been a fine and upstanding
: Usenet citizen for many years and has contributed quite a bit to
: Usenet's stable growth.

    Heeheee huh hahahahahahaha chuckle...<smirk>   ;-)

--Max
-- 
--  ...with rings on her fingers and bells on her toes... <[email-masked]>

---

From: [email-masked] (First Last)
Date: 7 Apr 1995 02:55:53 GMT

>: this was posted in news.groups April 1, 1995

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The followups were even funnier! 

I suppose Richard has contributed quite a bit to Usenet's growth,
since he's responsible for the alt.sex hierarchy.

............................................................
............................................................

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 2 Apr 95 14:04:27 -0500

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---

From: [email-masked] (Gary Cooper)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 1995 15:14:06 +0000

-- 
Gary Cooper

---

From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: 2 Apr 1995 23:28:41 GMT

Adam

---

From: [email-masked] (Fellwalker)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 05:39:37 GMT

--Max

---

From: [email-masked] (First Last)
Date: 7 Apr 1995 02:55:53 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (Fellwalker)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 05:39:37 GMT

--Max

---

From: [email-masked] (First Last)
Date: 7 Apr 1995 02:55:53 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (Fellwalker)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 18:42:55 GMT

First Last ([email-masked]) wrote:

: I suppose Richard has contributed quite a bit to Usenet's growth,
: since he's responsible for the alt.sex hierarchy.

    Yes, but only after he argued strenuously that it should be a _ rec _ 
hierarchy!  :->

--Max