Subject: Deer in Garden ("How lovely...")

From: [email-masked] (nancy c)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 16:56:06 GMT

Been gardening on urban rooftop too long...can anyone tell me where to 
locate a good "deer don't like to eat this (as much) list?  I've heard
this question in garden classes, but didn't pay attention to the answer.
Now I need to know... thanks for your help

Nancy C.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 03:02:00 GMT

NC> locate a good "deer don't like to eat this (as much) list?  I've
NC> heard

Sunset Western Garden Book has a section on it (pg 171 in my edition 
"Deerproof Plants"). Peaceful Valley Farm Supply has organic deer 
repellants.

 * RM 1.3 01256 * Blessed are the meek, for they make great scapegoats.

---

From: PATTIBELLE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 95 00:56:12 -0500

>locate a good "deer don't like to eat this (as much) list?  I've heard
 
Sunset Western Garden book has quite a few pages of deer resistant plants,
from trees to annuals.  Don't know where you live, but this book is
available throughout the Western United States.
 
Pat in Napa, CA

---

From: PATTIBELLE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 95 00:56:12 -0500

Pat in Napa, CA

---

From: [email-masked] (RSherry271)
Date: 30 Mar 1995 22:26:10 -0500

I'll send a free fact sheet to anyone who sends me their snail mail
address. The fact sheet comes from Cornell and is especially good for
folks in the east. Lists include plants deer eat as well as the ones they
won't or rarely eat.
Rosie in RI
Zone 6
URI CE State Master Gardener Coordinator

---

From: [email-masked] (RSherry271)
Date: 30 Mar 1995 22:26:10 -0500