Subject: Re: Glads

From: "James Ware" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 95 10:11:39 CST

On Wed, 22 Mar 1995 21:17:42 GMT, 
Desmond L. Cook  <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  I just  bought some glad bulbs but know hardly anything about planting, 
>care, etc. Any help appreciated. would help to e-mail response to 
>[email-masked]
>
Plant them 4-6 inches deep in well drained garden soil (sandy if possible) 
and expect them to bloom in about 100 days. You can spread their bloom 
period out by staggering their planting dates so you'll have a batch 
blooming every week. In your area, you will want to dig these bulbs over 
the winter as freezing will kill them.

There are many hybrids breed for bloom. These are usually top heavy and 
need staking. I prefer the "winter hardy" glads or g. byzanthoids (sp). 
Unlike their snooty hybrid cousins, they will stand of their own accord.

============================================================================
                                _______  
                               /       |
   James R. Ware              /        |
                             /         |   [email-masked]
   MS Dept. of Archives      |         |   
   Systems Administrator     \         |
   100 S. State St.           |        |   PHONE: (601) 359-6888     
   P.O. Box 571               /        |   FAX:   (601) 359-6905        
   Jackson, MS 39205-0571    /         |
                            |______    |
                                  /    |
                                  \____|
============================================================================