Subject: jade plant

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 95 02:00:27 EST

hey all!  i have a jade plant that is nearly dead from neglect.  it
wasn't watered enough or given anough sunlight 4 awhile.  the leaves are
all, well, squishy.  i'd like 2 try and revive the plant if at all
possible.  can u give any advice?  thanx a mill.  toodles.
-blue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The VINE System Host  (804) 978-7182  :  V.42bis  :  Central VA Online!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Don Martinson <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Mar 1995 15:51:20 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
>
> 
> hey all!  i have a jade plant that is nearly dead from neglect...

Well, the first thing to do is to trim off any dead or diseased parts, 
then begin to water it - not too much tho, let the surface of the container
become dry before watering again - and see if the leaves begin to firm
up.  Also get the light up as bright as possible without putting it
in direct sun - it might take sun later, but probably not yet.  Once the
leaves begin to firm up, begin giving it some 1/2 strength fertilizer 
and watch for new growth.  Good Luck.