Subject: Re: Lemon tree advice?

From: Libby Goldstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 11:26:35 -0800 (PST)

Obviously, you're going to have to feed your tree. Raintree
Nurseries sells a citrus and avocado food that I've had good luck
using at the recommended rate:  1tbs/plant/mo.

If you can keep the tree in a sunnier site in the house, you'll
get more bloom and more fruit. I kept mine under lights in the
cellar on a 70 degree propagating mat when they were fairly small.
Now I keep them in a south window with extra light on cloudy
days.

On the other hand, you can overwinter citrus in cool but not
freezing place, a garage or cool greenhouse perhaps. Not much
growth, not need to water often, but good if you're pinched for
space.

I put mine out about mid-May which is about the time to set out
tomato plants here in zone 7 and leave them out til we're
threatened with a hard freeze.

When dragging the pot in and out, I always swear to go back to
dwarf geraniums, but since you already have the Meyer, enjoy. The
flavor is super.

Libby