Subject: Saucer Magnolia vs. Lilly Magnolia

From: [email-masked] (Dilip Barman)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 17:03:14 -0500

I am thinking of buying a little magnolia which has beautiful pink/purple
flowers with white in the center.  Is that the Lilly Magnolia?  I haven't
seen Lilly Magnolias in any of my catalogs or stores.  But I have seen
Saucers - are they the same?  Will they grow no more than 12-15'?  They're
beautiful in bloom - but what do they look like later?  I'd appreciate
any comments people may have about them.   Please email directly to me.
Thanks.

            Dilip
-- 
  Dilip Barman, Dept. of Computer Science
  University of North Carolina, CB 3175
  Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599	
  (919)962-1821, Fax -1799; [email-masked] http://www.cs.unc.edu/~barman

---

From: [email-masked] (John Woodworth)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 08:17:34

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Dilip Barman) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Dilip Barman)
>Subject: Saucer Magnolia vs. Lilly Magnolia
>Date: 21 Mar 1995 17:03:14 -0500

>any comments people may have about them.   Please email directly to me.

There is a magnolia variety called Waterlily, its a Magnolia stellata hybrid 
with narrow petals and a wonderful fragrance. Saucer magnolias have wider 
petals. Both grow taller that 15'. When they're not in flower, the shrubs look 
the same. Stellata is hardier than the saucer magnolia.

John

"Epater les bourgeios"

---

From: [email-masked] (John Woodworth)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 08:17:34

John

"Epater les bourgeios"