Subject: hotbed for lettuce

From: [email-masked] (Rudy Willis)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 15:30:43 GMT

This is my first year in northwestern Minnesota (Zone 3) and I'm
chomping at the bit to start gardenning.  I have an old sand box
the former owners left and I am going to convert it to a hotbox
for lettuce and radishes.  How deep should  the soil be?  If I
make a lid using two thicknesses of plastic with an air space of
about 4" between the layers can I plant before temps stay above
freezing at night?  It is now getting down to 20 most nights with
an occassional 0 or 10.

Also any suggestions for types of lettuce or radishes.  We used
to us Black Seeded Simpson in Indiana and was planning on
sticking to that unless there is a better choice for this region.

Thanks,
Rudy

--
>From the home of:
Rudy & Dafni Willis
and the dogs: Joey, Rosie, and James
==============================
   Do not regret growing older.  It's a privilege denied to many.