Subject: Question about Nicotiana alata!!

From: [email-masked] (Jeremy Hickman)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 01:20:46 -0500

About a year and a half ago in Organic Gardening magazine there was something
about planting flowering tobacco in order to...  I don't remember!!!!!  If
someone knows what the tip was for PLEASE remind me!!!  Thanks.

Jeremy
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Carol Brandt)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 17:41:08 GMT

I didn't read the article, but I've grown Nicotiana alata for years.
Perhaps the article was about old-fashion scented flowers. It is a
wonderful plant whose flowers open at dusk with a wonderful scent. 
This plant attracts evening pollinators like hawk moths, huge moths the
size of hummingbirds.  I trim the inflorescense when flowers are spent
since the seed pods contain thousands of seeds.  It can be very weedy.

---

From: [email-masked] (Carol Brandt)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 17:41:08 GMT