Subject: Remember free cactii seeds?...

From: [email-masked] (Guillermo Brajovic Allende)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 22:41:06 GMT

At least!  The following people will receive their chilean cactii
     seed (or seeds?) in the next two/three weeks:

     Willy Verheulpen
     Joseph M. Linger
     Mary Brownson 
     Tim S. Harvey and
     mi espa|olisimo amigo Alfredo.

     General information about my collecting trip: 1994 was very dry, so
     the number and the quality of the seeds is not as good as other
     years, but you will not have   
     troubles growing them. Maybe the
     germination rate will be low (5%). But with 200 seeds for each one
     this make a healthy 10 plants (at the very worst case).
     The seeds are a mix of different Neoporteria, all of them of the
     rounded kind (not elongated ones)   .Excuse me, but I wasn`t in the
     mood to separate them in different kinds, so you will need to
     figure out as they grow. The "mother plants" were very, very
     attractive, including a Neoporteria in the cristata form, something
     I see for the very first time. But, a big BUT, I was not able to
     get seeds from endangered Neoporterias (my budget didn`t allow
     me to go so far). Anyway, all of the seeds you will get are very
     rare in no chilean speciallized collections.Maybe I'm the only
     one in the world to collect this kind of seeds. 

     Well, I hope you`ll enjoy caring your cactii.

			      Guillermo.

   P.D.  ALFREDO, necesito   tu direccion postal para enviarte las
   semillas.