Subject: frost and lettuce/broccoli

From: [email-masked] (teresa m. esch)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 18:45:07 GMT

According to Square Foot Gardening, lettuce and broccoli are
supposed to be planted outside before the last frost.  So I did
that and we are supposed to get a frost tonight and tomorrow
night.  So do I have to cover the plants or will they be okay
with nothing on them.

Second question:  One of my lettuces disappeared last night -
completely gone.  There's no sign of nibbling that I could see
on the other lettuces.  Any ideas on what might ahve happened?

teresa
--

---

From: [email-masked] (Elena A Christofides)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 15:53:09 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>,

>on the other lettuces.  Any ideas on what might ahve happened?

Yeah, a stray cat. Our cat completely decimated our fall crop. Everytime they 
would come up and start to get a few true leaves-woosh! they would vanish. 
Gobbled by a hungry kitty.

Elena