Subject: Re: Camellias

From: [email-masked] (Dick Gilman)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 20:08:30 GMT

What type of camellia is it?  Sassanqua or japonica if it blooms
in winter it probably is japonica.  (i think)  Now camellias are
acid loving plants.  They can get NO WINTER MORNING SUN!!!!  That
is no sun up until about 9-10 am.  If they are getting this sun it
will cause problems for the plant and stress it and cause it to
loose its buds.  The japonica problems is when the winter starts to
warm up the buds try to blossom and then a cold snap comes and they
fall off!!!  So try a sassanqua camellia they bloom at a different
time and are as not as likely to have this problem.  Good luck. 

In article
<[email-masked]>, JCannoy ([email-masked])
writes: 
>I've had my camellia for about 2 years now and each winter it produces
>buds which never bloom.  I don't know if the location is too shady or if
>it is the soil (which I plan to check soon).  I would appreciate any
>information to help my camellia produce flowers!
>
>