Subject: Need 'Carnivorous' Plant Expert(s)

From: [email-masked] (Ed Griffin)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 07:02:16 -0500 (EST)

I need someone who is knowledgeable about Nepenthes spp. I know
there's a Carnivorous Plant Society in California, but I don't know
how to reach them. Anyone who grows Nepenthes might be of help to
me....

I have one Nepenthes, species unknown (Andrew took away my reference
books), which wanders about my patio, and is blooming for the first
time. I need to know if one plant will set seed, and, if it does, when
and how to plant the seeds (fresh? age them? average germination time?
temp? planting medium?). 

Thanks to anyone who might be of help....

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Mar 95 14:42:43 -0600

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Ed Griffin) writes:
> temp? planting medium

Ed, the bad news is that Nepenthes plants are male or female.  Unless
you've got both blooming at the same time, you're sorta outta luck. :-(

Kay Klier  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Shevitz)
Date: 31 Mar 1995 16:45:29 GMT

the good news is that they are supposed to be relatively easy to propagate by leaf 
cuttings.

Danny

---

From: [email-masked] (WLonge)
Date: 30 Mar 1995 18:40:36 -0500

Ed, There is a CP listserver that carries CP information
To subscribe send an E-Mail message to
   [email-masked]
In the subject line put
   Subscribe CP yourname and E-mail address
For example
   Subscribe CP [email-masked]
To send a message to the group, send an E-Mail message to
   [email-masked]
The listserver will distribute your message to everyone subscribed.  There
are some real CP experts in the group; you should get some help.

Bill Longe ([email-masked] or [email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (WLonge)
Date: 30 Mar 1995 18:40:36 -0500