Subject: My lawn: Like walking on golf balls - HELP!

From: Kendall Jackman <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Mar 1995 06:22:19 GMT

My front lawn, which I inherited from a previous owner recently,
is extremely bumpy with bare spots.  It's so bumpy it feels like
there are golf balls strewn all over the lawn.  There are bare patches
everywhere, too, and a couple of large outcroppings of crabgrass.
I live in Salt Lake City, Utah, which is a desert area.  What can 
I do?  I'm fairly new at this kind of thing, this being my first 
house and all.  

Should I just start over somehow, or is there a way I can rescue this
lawn?

Kendall

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 02:45:59 GMT

>Should I just start over somehow, or is there a way I can rescue this

It will require a short period of very intensive work; but
you will probably be happier -- and ultimately invest
less total work and $$$ -- if you just start over.  Till the whole
thing under, rake well, spread grass seed, cover with salt
hay, and mist morning and night.  In about a month, you
should have the start of a decent lawn.  Be sure to keep
the kids / pets off it until it is well established.  BTW,
selecting a seed mix based on desert / semi-arid grasses
will help a lot, too.

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 02:45:59 GMT

Chris Owens