Subject: HELP: Dying primroses

From: [email-masked] (Annette Earling)
Date: 30 Mar 1995 03:00:30 GMT

I couldn't resist buying a flat of gorgeous primroses (I believe they

Primula polyantha but I can't be sure) at the Phil. flower show. They
were getting along beautifully on a sunny windowsill, waiting for the
weather to even out a bit before I plant them outside, but in the past
couple days they've started to wilt and get very raggedy. I'm keeping
the soil moist, but not wet, and have sometimes let it dry out
completely between watering. What am I doing wrong? Is it safe to plant
them out yet in Phila? Are these delicate little beauties really
perennials. Any advice is welcome.
Thanks....Annette

---

From: [email-masked] (L. R. Fortney)
Date: 30 Mar 1995 19:14:29 GMT

> perennials. Any advice is welcome.

   Plant them outside.  They love cold, damp, wet, even lightly freezing,
weather.  Heat and hot sun will certainly do them in.  Watch  out for
slugs.

-- 
Lloyd Fortney ---Opinions, just opinions---