Subject: Re: Cat Litter Disposal?

From: Richard Vialls <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Mar 1995 09:54:00 GMT

[email-masked] (Robert Gilmore) wrote:

> I have two cats and want to know the best way of disposing of their used
> cat litter. It's Fuller Earth stuff. Is it any use in the garden, or can it 
> be composted or something. Or should I continue to send out out with the trash.

Why not buy the compressed sawdust pellets. I use these and find they
are even better than Fuller's Earth as they smell less. My cat seems
to prefer them as well. They can be composted, flushed down the
toilet, or burned and they also have the advantage that they are made
from a waste product - so being more environmentally freindly.

Richard Vialls (posting as an individual)

---

From: John Stumbles <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 17:11:34 +0000

> from a waste product - so being more environmentally freindly.

but where do you get them?

Our local Asda had some sort of paper-based stuff but it was _much_ more 
expensive.

John Stumbles                                    [email-masked]
Computer Services Centre                                       01734 318435
University of Reading        Whiteknights      Reading     RG6 2AF       UK
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+