Subject: yellow pine tree

From: [email-masked] (George Struk)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 05:38:29 GMT

The leaves on a pine tree in my yard are turning yellow. I've read it 
means the soil is not acid enough. How do I acidify it?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 6 Apr 95 14:36:46 -0600

> means the soil is not acid enough. How do I acidify it?

It's probably better to have your tree's problem diagnosed by a
plant pathologist.  Call your cooperative extension service office
to find out what you will need to do.  Basically, you need to
submit a few twigs from the tree showing the range of symptoms, 
and a good description of what you're seeing, and how long you've
seen it.

Kay Klier  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 6 Apr 95 14:36:46 -0600

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 6 Apr 95 14:36:46 -0600

---

From: [email-masked] (killand)
Date: 9 Apr 1995 02:16:04 GMT

>means the soil is not acid enough. How do I acidify it?

HI George, I'd check for spider mites and or other insect damsge.

The problem is not acidity, so much as it is a lack of iron in the soil,

Get some iron chelate at the garden center.  aerate the soil and apply 
according to directions on container.  

Derryl killand