Subject: Re: Tropica (the book) == $175!

From: [email-masked] (Martha Frost)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 13:39:10 PST

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Amy Moseley Rupp) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Amy Moseley Rupp)
>Subject: Tropica (the book) == $175!
>Date: 3 Mar 1995 22:55:34 GMT

>I visited my local BookStop; they said they had Tropica, which is a 
>reference book of tropicals, on order, and that it cost $175!!!
>Is this correct?  If so, is this the reason there are so many
>garden book resellers?
            
My husband bought me a new copy of 'Tropica', as I wished for it for years. I 
have cruised booksales and second hand bookstores for years and have never 
seen anyone offering it for sale, new or used. Another book, much slimmer and 
less expensive ($8.95 last year)by the same author, de Graf is 'Exotica' but 
it is in black and white photos. It is also published by Roehrs. I suspect 
that this kind of reference book is kept until the owner's demise. 
Regards, Martha
[email-masked]