Subject: Transplanting Boxwoods

From: [email-masked] (EricGarber)
Date: 26 Mar 1995 09:28:13 -0500

Any advice for successfully transplanting Boxwood shrubs? We live in
Central Ohio.....

           -Thanks!

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Bonner)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 06:52:16 GMT

>           -Thanks!

There are a number of things to consider before you move your plants.  If they 
have been in the soil undisturbed for a long time (many years) you should root 
trim the plants using a spade and cutting around the plant into the soil where 
the drip line of the plant is.  Then in the fall or next spring you can move 
the plants.  If they have not been in the soil very long you can probable move 
them now with out any problem.   Boxwoods have a naturally dense root ball so 
if you have to move them now cut a root ball as big as you can lift and it 
should be ok.  It is usually advisable to root prune any plant that is to be 
moved atleast 4 months before it is to be moved.
*****************************************************************************
>From each according to their abilities.
To each according to their needs.
                                          [email-masked]
*****************************************************************************