Subject: Re: TRELLIS SUGGESTIONS

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 1995 17:19:03 GMT

On 30 Mar 1995 14:17:19 GMT, 
Elena A Christofides  <[email-masked]> wrote:

>In article <[email-masked]>,
>B GOOGLE <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>Don't count out roses.  Some are virtually carefree, very hardy, fragrant,
>>etc.
>
>Which ones? Can you give some specific species suggestions. I've been reading 
>up quite a bit to find a good variety that doesn't need fertilized, sprayed and
>pampered to death. I saw that the older varieties are better than the modern 
>hybrids, but then when I would look up a particular flower, it wasn't that 
>helpful about discerning between the better behaved ones and the not so 
>diesease resistant ones.
>
>
>Elena
>
Try William Baffin, one of the newer Canadian varieties.  It is completely 
hardy even in northern zones and quite disease resistant.  Flower color is 
a bright pink.  It is vigorous and will bloom repeatedly.

lah
[email-masked]