Subject: Reel lawnmower for tall fescue??

From: [email-masked] (Steve Aud P205)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 16:24:36 GMT

First, I'm sorry to bring this topic up again.

I've found that I prefer mowing with a reel lawn mower, but I'm having
trouble locating one which cuts within the recommended height range of
tall fescue (2.5 to 4 inches or 6.25 - 10 cm).   Most that I've found 
have a maximum cutting height of 2.25 inches (5.6 cm).

I've tried:

   local sources,
   used sources,
   A.M. Leonard,
   Smith & Hawken,
   Pinetree Garden Seeds,
   National Gardening Company,
   American Lawnmower/Great States

and others to no avail.  American Lawnmower distributes a model under the
Scotts name which has a maximum cutting height of 3 inches (7.5 cm), but
that's the maximum cutting height I've been able to locate so far.

I'm willing to consider non US distributors for quality equipment if
necessary.

Please post or e-mail [email-masked], my grass is growing fast!

Thanks.