Subject: Re: Agapanthus

From: [email-masked] (Lynsey Gedye)
Date: 28 Mar 95 09:25:13 GMT-12

In article <[email-masked]> Don Martinson <[email-masked]> writes:
>Garrett Keel <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> "STATELY FLOWER STALKS of agapanthus show off well in a large   
>> fluted concrete container.  Foilage is attractive all year." 

  They also make great cut flowers.

>The agapanthus is certainly as beautiful as they describe, but they seem 
>to want to be potbound in order to bloom and it took mine a few years

  I don't know about potbound, because I planted mine into the 
  ground, they had a small root system, and they flowered the first
  year.  What I would think was the plant needs to be mature enough
  to flower.  What I planted were divisions that had flowered 
  previously.

>NOTE TO ALL OJ JUNKIES:  If you look carefully at any of the scenes of
>the exterior of OJ's house, you will see lots of agapanthus, both blue
>and white.

  We actually painted our house to match the ags that grow across
  the front hedge. - White house with ag blue facings, and on the 
  white garage doors, terracotta graphic with ag blue highlights.
  Trust O.J. to attempt to keep up with us...

  On the side of the Ettamogah Pub it says:
  Ettamogah Pub Beer mate, it pleases th' palate...
  it tickles th' tonsils...  it kicks over th' starter motor...
  it cleans out th' carby...  it eradicates...  fruit fly...
  Paterson's Curse...  _AGAPANTHUS_...  cattle tick...
  codlin moth... & tastes good too mate!

  Truely, an Aussie wonder product.
--
[email-masked]