Subject: Mulch in Garden

From: [email-masked] ()
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 1995 12:26:30 -0400 (EDT)

I was just wondering if I could put regular tree mulch in my 
vegtable garden. I thought it would be a good idea to keep
the weeds down. I don't like using black plasic because I
think it is unsightly.

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 01:10:41 GMT

>the weeds down. I don't like using black plasic because I

Go right ahead.  Then, you can till it under as a soil amendment
in the fall.

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 01:10:41 GMT

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 6 Apr 1995 01:10:41 GMT

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 13:33:32 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Christine Owens) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
>Subject: Re: Mulch in Garden
>Date: 6 Apr 1995 01:10:41 GMT

>Chris Owens

Isn't pine or hemlock bark much too acidic?  I would think you need to add 
quite a bit of lime to compensate.

Jeff