Subject: should lavendar be cut back?

From: Kendra Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Mar 1995 20:44:49 GMT

Hello readers:

My lavendar plants are 6 years old. 
Ordered as live plants from Bupree Catalog.
 I do not cut them back, but I do prune off the dead wood. 

My plants have been beautiful, full and healthy!

Kendra Walsh zone 4, Potsdam  NY

---

From: [email-masked] (gwen baker)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 02:46:48 GMT

My neighbor is a horticulturalist(sp) by education, profession etc) and he
definitely recommends pruning lavender back.  I cut it back to about 3
inches above the ground now is even a littel late, he says Feb,  and by
summer I have wonderful thick plants again.  They don't seem to stop
blooming.They seem to do better when I have pruned than when I haven't. 
Good luck
Gwen  zone 5

---

From: [email-masked] (gwen baker)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 02:46:48 GMT