Subject: What about light bulbs?

From: [email-masked] (TulCyn)
Date: 13 Mar 1995 15:36:48 -0500

I have been using a 75 watt spectrum light bulb with a clamp on lamp with
an adjustable arm for my seedlings.  With the heat I can not put the light
to close to my little babies.  Can using light bulbs be as effective as
floresent tubes?

---

From: [email-masked] (Christine Owens)
Date: 15 Mar 1995 12:09:04 GMT

>to close to my little babies.  Can using light bulbs be as effective as

Plants need full-spectrum light, which is not provided by standard
white light bulbs.

Chris Owens

---

From: [email-masked] (Meeeeeow)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 21:11:28 -0500

If you mean something like a "Gro-lux" bulb by Spectrum bulb you actually
have a better growing spectrum with the Spectrum.  Unfortunatly,
incandescent bulbs only convert about 4% if the electricity  used into
light-the rest as heat (as you have noted.  Switch to flourescent-their
chaeper by far in the end 'cause you get more useable light for the juice
used and they last a LOT longer

---

From: [email-masked] (Meeeeeow)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 21:11:28 -0500