Subject: Re: Cat litter Disposal?

From: [email-masked] (Lynn Whited)
Date: 24 Mar 1995 17:05:51 GMT

>On 14 Mar 1995, Richard Vialls wrote:

>> [email-masked] (Robert Gilmore) wrote:
>>

(stuff deleted)

>> Why not buy the compressed sawdust pellets. I use these and find they
>> are even better than Fuller's Earth as they smell less. My cat seems
>> to prefer them as well. They can be composted, flushed down the
>> toilet, or burned and they also have the advantage that they are made
>> from a waste product - so being more environmentally freindly.

On 21 Mar 1995, Ruth evans <[email-masked]> wrote:

>My cat HATED the stuff and I had to contend with spots on the floor and
>carpets.  It wasn't worth it.

We have recently switched to Cedar chips mixed with hard wood chips.  The
cats are using it fine.  We had been having a problem of our male (nuetered)
not using the box because of our female (spayed) using it.  And who wants
two litter boxes?  The cedar eliminates the odors, and the mix is very
absorbant.  It is also MUCH cheaper than cat litter.  There isn't the dust
to contend with, and it is very compostable :)  

Lynn