Subject: Re: PEONIES

From: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Mar 95 20:07:45 -0600

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Latched) writes:
> Where can I go to get mt soil tested?

Call your local cooperative extension agency.  If you can't locate them,
call your state "Ag School", which usually has a name like XYZ State
University; ask for the Soil Testing Lab, or Agronomy or Horticulture
Extension.

A complete NPK soil test with pH and a few other tests, costs about
$8 here in Iowa.  You'll want to get directions on how to take a
good soil sample from your testing agency: the accuracy of your
test will depend on you getting a representative sample of your
soil.

In Iowa, samples are sent to:  Soil Testing Lab
                               Agronomy
                               Iowa State University
                               Ames, IA 50011

When I talked to the folks in the lab a couple of years ago, they
indicated they could run some samples for out-of-staters.  This is,
however, the "rush season" in the soils lab, so there may be a couple
of weeks delay.

Kay Klier  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Jen Mayer)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 03:20:00 GMT

From: [email-masked] (Latched) 
LL> Where can I go to get mt soil tested?

You can test it yourself with a kit you can buy at nurseries or by mail 
order. Basic things you'll learn are pH, Nitrogen, Potassium and 
Phosphorous levels. 
 * RM 1.3 01256 * *  There are myriad ways to remove the epidermis of felines.