Subject: HOSTAS

From: [email-masked] (James Mcelroy)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 19:14:29 GMT

Does anyone have a good source to purchase hostas at a reasonable price

thanks jim
-
  JAMES MCELROY  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (OkieDeb)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 19:29:03 -0500

I don't know if you have WalMart in your area, but the one here has better
and better plant selections every year.  It sounds crazy, but some of the
healthiest plants I ever got were some of those "plants in a box", i.e.
dormant hostas, from WalMart in early spring.  They're bare root and don't
look like much in the box, but they come up a lot bigger than most of the
ones in one-gallon pots I see at the garden centers for a lot more money.

If not that, then nearly every gardening magazine I have ever bought has
ads from shade garden specialty nurseries for mail order.

Good Luck!

Debby, Norman OK  zone 7