Subject: Re: UCK, Neighbors have RATS!!! Help

From: [email-masked] (MCoxSF)
Date: 25 Mar 1995 21:15:01 -0500

>Here's what we did last year.  They were living under the far end of my 
>garage, had a nice setup, tunnels went right into my neigbors garbage
cans (
>rusted bottoms) then they could ride the ivy on my garage over to my
compost 
>pile.

>My dog and cat could spot them a mile a way, they'd just sit there
staring 
>at the ivy.  So we worked as a teem.  The dog and cat would spot, then
I'd 
>toss the cat on the roof and he'd flush em' out.  I stood by with a
shovel 
>and beat them to death. 

Vince,

Your solution is very REAL.  I've wanted to try that - it must provide
great satisfaction to beat them to death !

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 1 Apr 95 15:51:08 -0230

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Meliva) writes:
> Make sure you find out if any of the neighbors are poisoning the rats.  A
> neighbor placed poison out and all the rats came to our house to die. 
> Traps are better because you can actually check them and dispose of the
> carcas.  Poisoned animals hide, die, then smell.
> 
> KT Lyons

How true! I once worked in a building where the caretakers poisoned rats, 
which then (the rats, not the caretakers) crawled under the floorboards to 
die. Once you smell the result, it is never forgotten.

I prefer cats. Many rodents just run from them. In my pre-cat days, I tried 
a humane trap, but the rodents weren't foolish enough to crawl into it.

Cheryl

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 1 Apr 95 15:51:08 -0230

Cheryl