Subject: What's blooming in Texas?

From: [email-masked] (Okie Mom)
Date: 20 Mar 1995 03:30:19 -0500

I hope you Texans will keep us posted on the wildflowers, what's blooming,
where and when.  I'm looking forward to driving down that way and would
like to come when you're at your best.

Thanks,
Norma Jane
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (LnThomson)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 07:57:32 -0500

In San Antonio, the bluebonnets, verbena, and wild garlic are blooming
like crazy.  Also a variety of yellow wildflowers, but since yellow's not
my favorite flower color, I'm not sure what they are.

Lynn Thomson, San Antonio, Zone 9 this year

---

From: [email-masked] (Mbwa Baka)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 14:47:39 -0500

Here in Houston, I saw my first bluebonnets of the year just 2 days ago. 
Seems late this year, to me.  Also evening primrose (my husband insists
these are "buttercups"), indian paintbrush, wisteria, azaleas.  I am sure
it will continue as we have had some beautifully warm (not hot) weather
for a week now.  Come on down!

Amy

---

From: [email-masked] (charles dunn)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 21:38:08 -0600

The bluebonnets and paintbrushes are just starting along Hwy 71 east of Austin.

---

From: [email-masked] (Susan Wehe)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 01:28:10 GMT

>like to come when you're at your best.

The bluebonnets are coming into full bloom...the majority of the 
fruiting trees have put out blooms...the mountain laurel and wisteria 
have come out a litte early.  I assume it probably the same throughout 
South Texas due to the mild winter I live off IH 10 between San Antonio 
and Houston.  By the by, my early peaches have fruit about 1 inch 
diameter.  I'm already washing my jelly jars!!

---

From: [email-masked] (Chaser)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 17:07:36 GMT

>>like to come when you're at your best.
Azaleas everywhere!  Pink, red, white, lavender, Houston is crazy with 
azaleas!

---

From: [email-masked] (Molly Waterman)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 18:58:38 GMT

Some Azaleas are just now beginning to bloom in Dallas, many are still
in the bud stage....

Haven't seen any wildflowers yet...

Molly

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Doelle)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 13:57:14 GMT

Susan Wehe ([email-masked]) wrote:
: In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Okie Mom) writes: 

: >
: >I hope you Texans will keep us posted on the wildflowers, what's 
: blooming,
: >where and when.  I'm looking forward to driving down that way and would
: >like to come when you're at your best.
: >
: >Thanks,
: >Norma Jane
: >[email-masked]
: >

: The bluebonnets are coming into full bloom...the majority of the 
: fruiting trees have put out blooms...the mountain laurel and wisteria 
: have come out a litte early.  I assume it probably the same throughout 
: South Texas due to the mild winter I live off IH 10 between San Antonio 
: and Houston.  By the by, my early peaches have fruit about 1 inch 
: diameter.  I'm already washing my jelly jars!! 
 
In Houston, my Mountain Laurel has wonderful blooms, my peach tree is in 
all its glory - and don't forget....AZALEAS are EVERYWHERE!!!  Houston is 
bursting with azalea blooms.  The wildflowers have just started a week or 
so ago with the Bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush's dotting all the highways.
They should be in full bloom (pun intended) in a couple weeks.

Chris

---

From: [email-masked] (LnThomson)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 07:57:32 -0500

---

From: [email-masked] (Mbwa Baka)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 14:47:39 -0500

Amy

---

From: [email-masked] (charles dunn)
Date: 22 Mar 1995 21:38:08 -0600

---

From: [email-masked] (Susan Wehe)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 01:28:10 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (Chaser)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 17:07:36 GMT

---

From: [email-masked] (Molly Waterman)
Date: 21 Mar 1995 18:58:38 GMT

Molly

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Doelle)
Date: 23 Mar 1995 13:57:14 GMT

: >

Chris

---

From: [email-masked] (susan palya)
Date: 24 Mar 1995 22:00:22 GMT

Azaleas are still going strong; camellias are fading; spirea, indian hawthorne,
wisteria, and even a few hibiscus (mine actually bloomed all winter!)
--