Subject: The course we all must take?

From: Linda Copes <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Mar 1995 19:50:40 GMT

THE COURSE WE MUST TAKE? 

Recently, a group of people of mixed ages, occupations and nationalities participated in a free Project NatureConnect training course via email.  At the conclusion of the program an educational psychologist said: "This is the course that every civilized person will be required to take if we are to reverse our runaway problems"  He said this because he saw the profound benefits that result from learning how to deeply reconnect with nature, even in your backyard.  The process makes spirits rise and apathy su
bside.  People learn to actively participate in making their lives more worthwhile and resolving problems. 

Here's why the unique program works so well: Irrefutable studies confirm that, daily, our excessive separation from nature creates sensory and emotional stress.  It is this stress that gives birth to the insatiable wants that underlie most of our personal, social and environmental problems.  The NatureConnect course reverses this destructive process.  It devours our stress from nature disconnection by tangently reconnecting us with nature.  The connection intensifies nature's wisdom, beauty and spirit with
in us.  Our stress and wants become joy and energy, that improves our relationships at all levels.  The validity of this biologic process has been documented and is undeniable.  Anybody who has enjoyed nature knows that connecting with nature inherently rejuvenates people.

The psychologist noted that nature connected people(s) don't propagate our greed, war and environmental degradation; our crime, dependencies and medical and mental and health disorders.  He said "Similarly, this course's nature connecting activities reverse these problems.  Participants learn how to use the activities and teach others to use them.  They help nature help them form balanced relationships".  

The course is called "How To Let Earth Teach: Nature activities for wellness, spirit and deeper learning".  Its participants learn thoughtful ways to satisfy our deepest loves, wants and spirit.  They master hands-on education, counseling and mental health skills that tap the ﾒhigher powerﾓ found in natureﾕs creation process.  They become skilled in letting tangible contact with nature in people and places nurture responsibility, warm interpersonal relationships and ecological literacy.  
The refreshing 6-12 week program starts anytime.   Through its self guiding training manual, it is available independently and/or through workshops and E-mail.  Academic and continuing education credit is optionally offered through cooperating universities.  Internships and facilitator positions are available.  

Here's a sample of what people say about the course:

"The course presents an accessible, simple, enjoyable and extremely powerful way that love for all life may heal the deep wounds that we suffer."  Elisabeth Ryland, San Bernadino

"The program provides timely sound theory and well grounded experience.  In our struggle to find connectedness and meaning it allows the natural world to nurture a responsible growing edge of culture."  Bill Hammond, Director of Environmental Education, Lee County, FL

The Project NatureConnect training course is a subsidized program of the Department of Integrated Ecology at the University of Global Education, a United Nations non-governmental organization.  The course may be taken by anybody for any reason, as well as incorporated into most curriculums, degree programs and professions.  We encourage interested schools and training programs to sponsor the course or offer it as an option to their students. I am one of its supporters and I am trying to connect with people
 who want to benefit from taking the course or further its contributions to all of life. 

Thank you for your interest in this topic.  For full information, contact the course instructor, Michael J. Cohen, Ed.D. at:  [email-masked]  or write Project NatureConnect, Box 1605, Friday Harbor, WA 98250.

Linda Copes

---

From: [email-masked] (White Horse)
Date: 13 Mar 95 18:56:08 GMT

>Recently, a group of people of mixed ages, occupations and nationalities participated in a free Project NatureConnect training course via email.  

Hello,

I have participated in this course and the project.  I can share my
experiences with you.  There are also some articles.  Feel free to
contact me.

Cheers,
Claudia
[email-masked]
.