Subject: Re: Snails-Any Natural Preditors?

From: [email-masked] (Elizabeth Platt)
Date: 14 May 1995 10:29:33 -0700

[email-masked] (Don Martinson ) wrote:

Geese, ducks, chickens, etc., will gobble up snails.  Problem 
is, they'll happily peck your garden to pieces, too!  Rats and 
mice also fancy snails--and your veggies--and are another good 
reason to keep them out of your yard.  Some birds eat snails, 
but I don't know what species. 

I have a lot of salamanders in my garden, and they eat some of 
the smallest slugs; I've seen a few of them in the process of 
devouring slugs.  Don't know if they'll also eat the tiniest 
snails, but I believe they will eat snail EGGS, which is a 
plus!  

Elizabeth
[email-masked]

>
>Have you tried shallow saucers of beer (NO, really!)? 
>It works for  slugs.  They are attracted to it, crawl 
>in and drown.
>
>Don Martinson
>[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Elizabeth Platt)
Date: 14 May 1995 10:29:33 -0700

Elizabeth
[email-masked]