Subject: Re: PEST Deer New way of ridding..

From: [email-masked] (Joseph Robinson)
Date: 28 May 1995 16:52:25 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked]
(Kenneth Nilsson) writes: 
>
>I just watched the news here on Swedish TV, and some researchers had
been
>experimenting on how to keep deer and elk/moose (We have millions of
>those) ot of gardens and fields. The researcher had tested several
>hundreds of chemicals on plants, but the only thing that repelled deer
and
>moose (but not raw deer) was ordinary SOAP that you use when you
shower.

Around here (surrounding counties of Phila., Pennsylvania) some folks
use the soap brand Lifebouy. Others talk of Safeguard. Cakes, hung in
mesh-bags from low-level tree branches.

Some swear by it, others swear it does no more good than human hair
clippings. I guess you have to try it and see if your deer etc. will
avoid it.

---

From: [email-masked] (John A. Stanley)
Date: 28 May 1995 15:02:59 -0400

> mesh-bags from low-level tree branches.

Irish Spring is the brand of choice out here in Iowa. Foul stuff
it is.

--
John A. Stanley                      [email-masked]