Subject: Re: Gardening Mystery Books

From: [email-masked] (Mari J Stoddard)
Date: 25 Jan 1996 20:14:58 GMT

All of Agatha Christie's Miss Marple books feature some gardening, and at 
least one requires the reader to know quite a bit.  

Charlotte MacLeod's Peter Shandy is a plant developer at a university and 
part time sleuth.  

In article <[email-masked]>,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>	Anyone out there feel like reading fictional books dealing with
>murder, mayhem and marigolds? (among other things)  Try John
>Sherwood's series on Celia Grant, horticulturalist and parttime
>detective extraordinaire.  All set in England and charming.  Or, try
>Jean Hager's Iris House series with 'detective'  Tess Darcy set in a
>Bed and Breakfast amongst a Iris garden to "die for" and assorted
>intrigues in a blue-blooded small town.    Enjoy!!!!!!!!!
>

-- 
Mari Stoddard          [email-masked]
Arizona Health Sciences Library, University of Arizona
520 / 626-2925 (voice)              520 626-2922 (fax)
 URL: http://amber.medlib.arizona.edu/homepage.html

From  [email-masked] Sat Jan 27 23:50:19 EST 1996
Article: 105603 of rec.gardens
Path: bigblue.oit.unc.edu!concert!news-server.ncren.net!taco.cc.ncsu.edu!gatech!newsxfer2.itd.umich.edu!newsxfer.itd.umich.edu!caen!usenet
From:  [email-masked] (James A. Wiler)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Subject: Re: Gardening Mystery Books
Date: 26 Jan 1996 13:44:57 GMT
Organization: University of Michigan Engineering, Ann Arbor
Lines: 2
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
NNTP-Posting-Host: @hertz.khri.med.umich.edu
X-Newsreader: Alexandra.app (Version 0.81)

The Name of the Rose by Uberto Eni (not sure about the author's name)
is a good murder mystery set in a medieval monastery and involves herbs.