Subject: `Charleston Hot' Pepper Seeds Available from Clemson

From: Bob Batson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 1995 18:21:54 -0600

`Charleston Hot' Pepper Seeds Available from Clemson

  When Clemson University breeders offered packets of `Charleston Hot'
pepper seeds for trial in 1992, they were overwhelmed by thousands of
requests. Why? Because lots of backyard and small-scale growers were
impressed by the compact form, high yields, and high resistance to
root-knot nematodes of `Charleston Hot'. No doubt some were impressed by
`Charleston Hot' peppers being about 20 times hotter than
run-of-the-mill cayenne peppers! The seeds need two weeks of
above-80-degree [Fahrenheit] temperatures to germinate.
  For a packet of 100 `Charleston Hot' seeds, send $2US and a
self-addressed stamped envelope to the South Carolina Foundation Seed
Association, Clemson University, 1162 Cherry Rd., Clemson, SC
29634-9952. Some mail-order seed companies also are expected to offer
`Charleston Hot' seeds for 1995
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Reprinted with permission from the December 1994 _HortIdeas_. Copyright
1994 by Greg and Pat Williams. HortIdeas is $20 (2nd class mail within
the USA) for one year (12 issues). For more information or a
subscription, write: HortIdeas, 460 Black Lick Road, Gravel Switch, KY
40328, USA.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bob Batson				L 39 12 14 N  94 33 16 W
[email-masked]			USDA zone 5