Subject: new sustainable ag newsletter

From: Michael Dann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 08:30:05 EDT

We have recently published our first newsletter, Common Ground for
Sustaining Agriculture.  The newsletter features the Penn State
Field Center for the Study of Vegetable Production Systems where
we've been evaluating alternative strategies for vegetable crop
production since 1990.

Our current project is sponsored by USDA-Sustainable Agriculture
Research and Education Program, the Pennsylvania Department of
Agriculture, the Pennsylvania Environmental Technology Fund, and
the College of Agricultural Sciences at Penn State.  Representing
the Departments of Horticulture, Entomology, Plant Pathology, and
Ag Economics and Rural Sociology, the investigators are assessing
management strategies that use different soil organic matter inputs,
nutrient sources, and pest control methods.

The production systems range from potentially certifiable organic to
conventional.  We are also testing individual cultural practices
including novel methods of pest control.

To subscribe, send your post office mailing address (sorry, some
of the info doesn't fit well electronically) to me at

         [email-masked]

I'll be happy to send you a copy.  Thanks.

Michael S. Dann
Research and Outreach Coordinator