Subject: Re: APHIS Regs

From: Sal Schettino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 07:52:31 -0800 (PST)

I think that the reason that some people think that the chemical companys 
have something to do with all this assult on sus.ag. is because they seem 
to have the most to gain if the USDA prices or taxes instectories and 
other in the bussiness out of bussiness. If the USDA changes the meaning 
of organic farming so much that people see no differences in organic and 
conventional farming then who has the most to gain.  Not the organic 
farmers . the insectorys loss on this one not gain. Ever hear of 
overregulation?  Who gains .  Who gains as 
the Clinton administration and Congressional lawmakers work on the 
replacement to the Delaney clause?  who gains by allowing certain uses of 
materials that only cause very low incidence of cancer be taken off the 
list? I would just 
guess that the chemicals companys are haveing some effect on lawmakers 
but I could not prove it.I would like to 
see the farmers and the insectories and those into natural living helpers 
 gain.  They can only gain if things become easier not harder.  What 
has happen in Bio-Control thats making all this happen. The pressure to 
change something that is working must be comming from somewhere.  Where?
Whats your best guess?  Thats what it is just a guess. We can still have 
a personal viewpoint can't we. Nobody is saying that someone is giving 
away superbowl tickets or anything like that.  

Sal Schettino,Organic Farmer,don't panic eat organic,[email-masked]
or check out my homepage:            http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html    .