Subject: RE: How does organic differ from sustainable ag?

From: Patricia Dines <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 02:52:30 -0400

[The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set]
    [Some characters may be displayed incorrectly]

Hi Sharon - 

Regarding insurance and organics - I would guess that organic farmers would
have reduced costs and risks by not using highly toxic materials on their
land, including reduced risk of health harm to workers and neighbors
(including acute incidents for both, and ongoing health costs for workers),
and reduced risk of liability for harming other crops with drift.  I don't
know the specifics, but it'd be good if this reduced liability/risk could
be worked into an insurer's equation.  I also believe that, as time goes
on, the real estate market is going to reflect land toxicity more and more,
and that every toxic used on land now will reduce that land's resale/market
value in the future.

Best regards - 

Patricia Dines

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with "unsubscribe sanet-mg".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

---

From: Patricia Dines <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 02:52:30 -0400

Hi Sharon - 

Best regards - 

Patricia Dines