Subject: Landsacper Wanted

From: [email-masked] (Mary ONeill)
Date: 10 May 1996 19:45:07 GMT

I am looking for a reputable landscaper in the bay area (San Jose/Campbell) who can
install slate/tile, an underground irrigation system, lights, and plants for my
patio.  Although it is a small area (16' by 20'), there is a lot of work involved.
I also had a plan done by a landscape artist from which the person can work.  

Any recommendations ?

---

From: [email-masked] (John Hapgood)
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 02:21:57 GMT

>I also had a plan done by a landscape artist from which the person can work.  
Ask the architect, since they most likley have seen work done by a contractor
already, and also look for examples of good quality work in your
neighborhood. If you find some, ask the owners for a reference. Don't hire
anyone without a license and references. Check to see if they show up when
expected and if they are more interested in pay than work. No one should be
paid for a job until it is finished. 

For the slate you might also try to find a brick/stone mason. Check with your
building supply outlet for possible references

John Hapgood
Hapgood Landscape
            ____       _
         | __\_\_o____/_|
         <[___\_\_-----<----------<[email-masked]><
         |  o'

---

From: [email-masked] (BBEnt Inc)
Date: 12 May 1996 21:55:24 -0400

Try Balin Butler, he's in your area and I've seen some of his work. Good!
Balin [email-masked] tell him Rusty sent you!

Thanks, 

R. E. Carr
Pro Serv Landscaping
Virginia Beach, VA 
Ralph E Carr
affiliate: American Society of Landscape Architects
Pro Serv Landscaping
member: Associated Landscape Contractors of America
Virginia Beach, VA