Subject: Re: Arbor design

From: [email-masked] (EJGOLD)
Date: 27 Jul 1995 19:47:59 -0400

Coeli ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Somewhee I read about an arbor with the beams slanted at a specific
deree
: so the summer sun is kept out and the winter sun is allowd in. I can't
: find the reference; has anyone heard of it?

I'm really curious about this. It seems to me that only a vertical element
could achieve the result you suggest. Perhaps you mean a trellis rather
than an arbor?

(I briefly tried to puzzle this out and can find no way for it to work
with an over-head structure.)

---

From: [email-masked] (Coeli)
Date: 29 Jul 1995 21:02:25 -0400

Thanks

---

From: [email-masked] (Coeli)
Date: 29 Jul 1995 21:02:30 -0400

I will post it when I find it

---

From: [email-masked] (Greg Butler)
Date: 28 Jul 1995 18:18:35 GMT

EJGOLD ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Coeli ([email-masked]) wrote:
: : Somewhee I read about an arbor with the beams slanted at a specific
: deree
: : so the summer sun is kept out and the winter sun is allowd in. I can't
: : find the reference; has anyone heard of it?

: I'm really curious about this. It seems to me that only a vertical element
: could achieve the result you suggest. Perhaps you mean a trellis rather
: than an arbor?

: (I briefly tried to puzzle this out and can find no way for it to work
: with an over-head structure.)

I believe the original poster was referring to slanting lath boards, not
beams.