Subject: Norfolk Pine - Question???

From: Frank M <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 20:33:21 -0700

Does anyone have info on the Norfolk Pine tree. I need info on
temperature, growing conditions, Zone 5 viability (year round).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank M.

---

From: [email-masked] (Tericloth)
Date: 4 Jul 1996 18:19:36 -0400

In article <[email-masked]>, Frank M
<[email-masked]> writes:

> Zone 5 viability (year round).

No way.....unless it is in your living room.  Check a map...the pine is
native to Norfolk Island, off the coast of Austrailia.....Also, does NOT
like direct sunlight, so don't put it out on the deck in the summer unless
it's shaded (take it from the voice of experience....ooppss).

teri in sw michigan.where I'm watching for hot air balloons and
fireworks!!

---

From: John & Peter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 14:41:34 -0400

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe Norfolk Pines are zone 9-11 trees. 
Peter

---

From: John & Peter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 09:16:05 -0400

Tericloth wrote:
> native to Norfolk Island, off the coast of Austrailia.....

It is not a true pine.
Peter