Subject: career in landscape architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: 10 Feb 1995 23:53:25 GMT

I am considering changing careers and would like
some input on the pros and cons of landscape
architecture, and also on the amount of schooling
recommended.  Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Brigitte

P.S.  Please e-mail me at jason.megamed.com

---

From: [email-masked] (Mattison)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 12:25:43 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
: I am considering changing careers and would like
: some input on the pros and cons of landscape
: architecture, and also on the amount of schooling
: recommended.  Any info would be appreciated.
: Thanks in advance!

: Brigitte

: P.S.  Please e-mail me at jason.megamed.com

It is very challenging and rewarding. I am an artist and operate a 
Residential Garden Design firm in the Bay area.  My designs are some of the 
most innovative in the area becaue I was not trained in LA but art and 
design.

After working through the droughts and recessions in California and 
experiencing the closure of many firms.  I reccomend you also minor in 
marketing or business as the schools in California let their students  
down in this area. (Because I had this background I was able to save one 
firm and start my own during the recession.) 

If I can give you anymore information on Residential Graden Design -
as a business or career - Please let me know!

Mattison FitzGerald
Principal 'M' Design