Subject: Re: Recommend Book(s)?

From: [email-masked] (Andrew D. Boyko)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 05:50:06 GMT

Steven Healey ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Can anyone recommend a book on landscape architecture? I am new to the 
: field and my job requires contact with landscape architects for an 
: industrial complex soon to be built.

Hi-   I'm a fifth year landscape architecture student at Virginia Tech.  The 
basic textbook for a introduction to the practice and principles of 
landscape architecture is _Landscape Architecture_ by Simonds.  
If you're more interested in looking at a variety of landscape architecture
projects, _Modern Landscape Architecture_ by Johnson/Frankel seems to be a good
bet though I haven't had the chance to look at it very carefully.  The Simonds 
book only comes in hardback as far as I know, and it's around $60.  The other
book is now available in softback for about $25.  The Landscape Architecture
Bookstore run by the American Society of Landscape Architects is a fairly good 
source, though not the cheapest.  Their number is 1-800-787-2665.  They put 
out a catalog listing of their books which I'm sure they'd be happy to send
to you.  One more thing, the Landscape Architecture magazines sometimes have
some interesting articles, though they're often more advertising than anything 
else.  Good luck and have fun!

- Janet Ford