Subject: Re: EXTREME Hillside planting

From: [email-masked] (gholt)
Date: 7 Sep 1995 01:47:11 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>
>To Design and Planting Professionals;
> I have a area that is about 53 degrees steep facing east in a zone 4. 
I'm
>having a hard time keeping plants alive no less growing and hence 
keeping
>the soil on the hill.What i need is some ideas all together for this 
great
>challenge and plant material that will grow,establish and hold the hill 
in
>place. Any sugestions,comments or help will be greatly appreciated!
>thanks Scott,owner of Landscape Design/Build Firm
>SDIGER
>9/4/95  
>
>P.S. I've had seagreen junipers in ground four years and they are 
hanging
>on with no growth.

Try Erosion Matting over the soil and around shrubs
Erosion Matting is a 4'x 10' nylon mesh sheet interwoven with straw
Eventually it will decompose

---

From: The Construction Site <http://www.constr.com
Date: 6 Sep 1995 21:51:18 GMT

>   [email-masked] (S DIGER) writes:
I'm
keeping
>  the soil on the hill.What i need is some ideas all together for this great
>  challenge and plant material that will grow,establish and hold the hill in
hanging
>  on with no growth.
Go to The Construction Site. I have lots of information concerning soil 
stablization. On the Home Page, click on " See Treasures #1. Be sure to 
look at the photos there for some ideas.  Also, under "Contractors" scroll 
down to "Erosion Control" and select on "Various Systems...."  

Be sure to click on Allan Block while there. They have almost 50 photos, 
mostly of slope systems.  If you need more information, e-mail me. I have 
hundreds of photos and other information on how to stabilize slopes. I 
can load any of them within a few hours at the most.

Doyle Peeks

The Construction Site
http://www.constr.com/
[email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~