Subject: Cherry Blossoms in Wash., DC

From: [email-masked](Ybycui)
Date: 21 Mar 1996 21:35:59 GMT

The National Park Service has just created a new site on the cherry
blossoms of Wash., D.C. 
 
http://www.nps.gov/nacc/cherry 
 
It has a prediction when the blossoms will be at their peak, a history on
the cherry trees, and past of peak blooming dates. 
--

---

From: Perry N Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 16:46:40 -0500

I am looking for technical specifications (steel guage, member 
sizing and spacing) for cattle guards. 

Cattle guards (a.k.a. cattle gates, stock gates or in may 
grandfather's lingo - stupid-heifer leg-breakers) are common 
cattle ranch appurtances. Although I grew up riding over these, 
I am now in a part of the country where the best information I 
can get is either a blamk stare or an "I think I once saw one in 
Florida".

If you have any information or possible sources of information, 
please post or e-mail to:

[email-masked] or [email-masked]

Thanks in advance for your help.

---

From: David Mandel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 11:51:46 -0800

Can't give you specs, but thought you might be amused to know that cattle
guards are called "Texas gates" in the province of Alberta, Canada.