Subject: Re: Hey, I mean YOU !

From: [email-masked] (EJGOLD)
Date: 27 Jul 1995 19:36:39 -0400

======================================================
Ed Armstrong wrote:
I would also recommend visiting Freeway Park in Seattle.  It's built over
the freeway (hence the name) and designed by Angela Danadjeva (I know I
butchered that spelling) and has some very dramatic fountains (by the way,
Roberta, it's got some good examples of intimate urban spaces).
========================================================
If you are in Seattle and visit Freeway Park, you should then visit
Seattles I-90 Lid Park. It is built over the western terminus of
interstate 90 and contrasts well with Freeway Park. Freeway Park consists
of many small, intimate spaces with water features and stacked concrete
planting areas, whereas I-90 Lid Park is a broad expanse of rolling lawns,
tennis courts, play areas, and bike paths. Like Freeway Park, an example
of highly engineered landscapes.

---

From: Roberta Hardy <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Jul 1995 15:00:54 GMT

[email-masked] (Manfred Wuits)

The southwest is spectacular. If you get to Arizona, definitely go see
the Grand Canyon. I know, everybody goes to see it, but it really is
awesome. If you go there, you should also visit Sedona, Arizona, and
drive up Oak Creek Canyon past Slidestone Park. And not very far away is
Phoenix and its expensive desert suburbs, where you can find Taliesin
West, the winter
campus of the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture. It was all
designed and built by Frank Lloyd Wright and students of the school, and
you can get a tour (call ahead to find out when tours are available). If
you get to San Francisco, go see the Water Organ, a very interesting park
on the ocean.  Have fun!