Subject: Paving Bricks Wanted for walkway

From: "P. Byrne" <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Sep 1996 04:58:19 GMT

Sorry I left out the subject on my previous note--I am new at this 
newsgroup thing--see my earlier statement. Basically I want to develop a 
Walled English Garden and am looking for brick with character for the 
walkways.

---

From: "P. Byrne" <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Sep 1996 04:50:58 GMT

I am developing an English Garden and wanting to find a good paving brick 
to use for the pathways.  Ideally I am looking for something that looks 
older and has character--(basically beaten up).  Are there are cities out 
there that are tearing up their brick paved streets?????  If you have ever 
seen any of the Gardens in England like Nymans, Barrington Ct. 
Sissinghurst you know what I am referring to.  Any suggestions will be 
appreciated

---

From: [email-masked] (Toney Lowery)
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 1996 22:33:42 -0500

> Walled English Garden and am looking for brick with character for the 

Probably what you are looking for is a brick style called "Old Chicago".
At least that's what it's called here. There may be regional differences
in the name.

Look in the Yellow pages under Brick. There may be a listing for Used
brick. If not, even new brick suppliers should be able to direct you to a
used brick supplier.

-- 
Toney Lowery
Soon to be graduating (MS Landscape Architecture)...
and Sooner to be a Dad! (begging for congrats)
SCRATCH THAT....Say 'Hi' to Michael Anthony Lowery...July 25, 1996
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
http://www.intersurf.com/~tlowery

"Easily Distracted by Shiny Objec... Hey! What's That!?!?"