Subject: MS/ LOOK INTO THE GARDEN

From: [email-masked] (JYUCKMAN)
Date: 4 Apr 1996 17:23:50 -0500

ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO SOMEONE POSTED THAT THEY WERE USING "LOOK INTO THE
GARDEN" SOFTWARE TO DO LANDSCAPE IMAGING. I NEED MORE INFORMATION ON THE
PROGRAM. MICRO SOFT SAYS IT IT NOT ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS. WHO IS THIS
PROGRAM SOLD BY?

DAMON W.

---

From: [email-masked] (EJGOLD)
Date: 4 Apr 1996 20:02:19 -0500

>>EJGOLD wrote:
>> 
>> You are likely to experience significant frost heaving no matter what
you
>> do, but most definitely use 2 to 4 inches of sand, if only as a
leveling
>> base for your path.
>
>I would suggest using a base of fine crushed limestone instead of sand. 
>We use grade #9D here in Northern Ohio. Yes you will have some heaving, 
>but it usually settles back down into place quite nicely, as long as you 
>are not using mortar...

The originator of this thread should definitely follow the advice from
Northern Ohio, as the weather conditions there will much more closely
resemble those in Toronto than will the conditions here in Seattle, WA.,
where the ground rarely freezes more than 2 or 3 inches deep.