Subject: LA Public Relations

From: [email-masked] (Albert Chun)
Date: 2 Nov 1995 20:42:57 GMT

I was wondering if anyone out there knows about how landscape 
architecture and public relations "tie in."  It seems like there are 
still a lot of people that doesn't really know what a landscape architect 
does!!

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

---

From: [email-masked] (Dick A. Rol)
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 95 07:21:37 GMT

>Your input would be greatly appreciated.

I agree Albert.  Almost everyone that I come in contact with outside of our 
profession thinks that LA's do nothing but place spirea around the foundation 
of houses.  It's frustrating.

Maybe we should all subscribe to engineering and political newsgroups and 
spread some positive propaganda for Landscape Architecture!!

---

From: [email-masked] (Wood)
Date: 6 Nov 1995 20:09:36 GMT

David Mandel ([email-masked]) wrote:
: That's because:
: 	a) A lot of landscape architects have trouble clearly defining 
: what they do, and
: 	b) even if they can clearly define the range of the profession, 
: the average lay person falls asleep as the list is reeled off, mainly out 
: of disbelief.

Thanks for this.  In my attempts to dispel the belief that LA's are 
gardeners I face much disbelief.  If they still don't understand (my 
friends that is) then they'll never understand.

nilesh