Subject: Cohousing Landscaping

From: [email-masked] (Don Maddox)
Date: 12 Dec 1994 22:14:12 GMT

Hi,

I'm Don Maddox and am a member of a new cohousing group in Santa Rosa,
Ca.  We are in the planning stage now and will be addressing building
and landscape architecture starting in January, 1995.

Our cohousing facilities will consist of from 22 to 26 homes and a
common house on 3.3 acres.  The interior to the community will be
restricted to people, not cars.  We have a great opportunity for
interesting and creative landscaping.

We are very interested in environmental, efficient, and sustainable
building and site architecture.  To save cost we may do our own landscaping.

Any landscape architecture students out there that would be interested
in helping us choose and integrate our landscaping with our buildings,
access, etc.  This could be an interesting senior project or ???
Others with suggestions or comments please respond as well.  

Some of my personal interest in relationship to landscape architecture
are:

* Sustainable landscaping
* Edible Plants
* Summer Shade/Winter Sun
* Indigenous Plants
* Drought resistant plants
* Low Maintenance
* Pleasing to the eye
* Source of food for the community

Please respond via email, follow-up posts or by phone. 

Thanks in advance.

...Don

--

Don Maddox
(w) [email-masked]
(h) [email-masked]
Santa Rosa, Ca
(w) (707)-577-3123
(h) (707)-525-9348