Subject: Re: Fencing installation

From: [email-masked] (Hedlund)
Date: 28 Mar 1996 06:02:20 GMT

In article <31b7cc$a242.f7@News_1>, (jpelletier) wrote:

>Hello everyone! I'm looking for some advice/knowledge/suggestions on
>the installation of fencing. We are having a pool installed, and since
>the area surrounding our house is conservation land (woods primarily),
>we would like to install black vinyl coated chainlink so that we can
>still see into the woods. Is this something that the average home
>owner can do? We need to install about 300-350 feet of fence. Thanks
>in advance to all that reply.
>Joe
>
This is certainly something the average homeowner can do.  It entails
going to your local mega hardware store, (Builder's Square, Etc....you
know the type), and getting all the pieces.  They will be able to help
with a parts list and calculating how many posts you'll need, but you need
to know in advance of that how many gates and corners you want, as well as
the length.  Have them *deliver* the materials, because it will include a
whole lot of concrete bags, and you don't want to deal with that.  Also,
make sure you get a permit from your local city / county building dept. 
They are wont to get a tad grumpy if a fence goes up and they don't get
their 2¢ worth.  They will also probably mandate the height of the fence. 
Another thing - before you start, use a string line to get your fence line
straight, and to dig the post holes, I would recommend renting a
gas-powered auger from a local equipment rental place.  That costs a
little, but you'll be digging about 45 holes, and I don't think you want
to do that by hand.

Good Luck! ...-Dal (posting from my wife's account)
-- 
  [email-masked]

---

From: "William Weiss, III" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 21:55:30 -0700

jpelletier wrote:
> The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of my employer.
> 
> E-Mail:[email-masked]

Hire a fence contractor...