Subject: Any Mac-based landscaping software for slopes?

From: [email-masked] (Audrey Dorofee)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 14:58:28 EST

I live on the side of a hill, so any landscaping plans I make need to consider
the slope (we're talking a drop of 20 feet or so from the front to back and 15
from side to side).  I've read all the advertising blurbs for the software
packages but can't really tell if any of them deal with slopes.  does anyone
out there have any experience or knowledge about this?

Audrey

 Audrey Dorofee       Software Engineering Institute     Carnegie Mellon Univ.
 412-268-6545         FAX:  412-268-5758        [email-masked]

 Standard Disclaimer:  All opinions expressed by me are my own, not SEI's

---

From: [email-masked] (Shawn Wakefield)
Date: 7 Feb 1995 05:16:57 GMT

Audrey, I would use the Western Gardens book for slopes.  Many choices 
for your yard.  Take full size of plant when mature and plant at 50% of 
diameter.
I would not spend the money for a one time shot of design.  Your finished 
product will be better by hand as you won't have to learn a new program.
Also, many designers do consultations for $40.00 an hour.  1 to 2 hours 
should provide you with a list and hand drawn plan.  Look in the yellow 
pages under landscape design.

Shawn.