Subject: Landscape Contractors Read

From: [email-masked] (JLMac39052)
Date: 7 Feb 1995 21:22:44 -0500

The Association of Professional Landscape Designers recently became aware
of a landscape architecture title bill in Congress. LA's are in pursuit of
a law which creates a definition of landscape architecture that is also
the definition of landscape design.  The result:  If you are not a
registered LA you cannot design.
If anyone has more info on this I'd be very interested.  

John, NorthStar Landscape Inc.

---

From: [email-masked] (Mattison)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 12:41:07 GMT

JLMac39052 ([email-masked]) wrote:
: The Association of Professional Landscape Designers recently became aware
: of a landscape architecture title bill in Congress. LA's are in pursuit of
: a law which creates a definition of landscape architecture that is also
: the definition of landscape design.  The result:  If you are not a
: registered LA you cannot design.
: If anyone has more info on this I'd be very interested.  

: John, NorthStar Landscape Inc.

I would too - you should see how many projects I have had to redesign and 
rip out done by Lic. LA's.  On top of that the design fees charged were 
usually twice as much as my firm charges.

Mattison FitzGearld
Principal 'M'
San Jose - Menlo Park