Subject: LARCH-L Digest - 4 Jul 1996 to 5 Jul 1996

From: [email-masked] (Toney Lowery)
Date: 7 Jul 1996 07:03:54 GMT

Date:     Sat, 6 Jul 1996 00:01:01 -0400
Reply-To: Landscape Architecture Electronic Forum <[email-masked]>
Sender: Landscape Architecture Electronic Forum <[email-masked]>
From: Automatic digest processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:  LARCH-L Digest - 4 Jul 1996 to 5 Jul 1996
To: Recipients of LARCH-L digests <[email-masked]>

There are 2 messages totalling 111 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. Address Needed
  2. church burnings (fwd) (fwd)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 5 Jul 1996 14:07:50 GMT
From:    Alessandro Massironi <[email-masked]>
Subject: Address Needed

I am looking for the address for the following society:

EIBG
European Intelligent Building Group

They were near London, bur they changed their headquarter and I don't
know
where to find their new address.

Thanks in advance.

Alessandro Massironi
Milano, Italy

E-Mail : [email-masked]

------------------------------

Date:    Fri, 5 Jul 1996 11:00:33 EDT
From:    CHRIS HIGDON <[email-masked]>
Subject: church burnings (fwd) (fwd)

----------------------------Original message----------------------------
Date:         Tue, 2 Jul 1996 01:04:35 -0400
Reply-To:     Congress on New Urbanism <[email-masked]>
Sender:       Congress on New Urbanism <[email-masked]>
From:         Michael Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Subject:      church burnings (fwd)
To:           Multiple recipients of list CNU <[email-masked]>

                               URGENT REQUEST!!
        PERSONNEL NEEDED FOR PROJECT ON BURNED SOUTHERN BLACK CHURCHES
                      JULY 12TH THROUGH AUGUST 31ST, 1996

        Max Bond, architect at Davis, Brody and Associates Architects, New
York City, and Julian Bond are launching a summer project to assist in the
reconstruction of the Black churches burned throughout the south. The
Project, called, "Church Raising", is being supported by the NAACP,
American Jewish Committee, National Council of Churches and Center for
Constitutional Rights. The Project has two phases: a summer survey of the
communities and burned church structures and a fall phase to draft
building plans for reconstruction.

The Summer Survey

        Twelve sites will be selected by the sponsoring organizations for
surveys to be conducted by teams of 4 students. Teams should include one
architectural or engineering student to do the technical drawings. But
other members of the teams can be historians, anthropologists, etc. They
will visit the communities for a week, attend church at the currently used
site, interview church members, ministers and collect oral histories.
Undergraduate and graduate students may apply. They will return at the end
of the summer with documentation which will be given to architecture
students for drawings.

        Students will be paid stipends of between $3000 and $3500 for the
summer work. Living expenses will be covered. They will have an
orientation session beginning July 15th at City College of New York.  They
are expected to be in the field by July 21st.

The Design Phase - Fall 1996

        In the fall a conference and/or exhibit is planned for the
findings. The bulk of the fall phase will be used for the drawings.
Consultations with the churches will continue in the drafting of these
drawings.

Personnel Needs (in addition to students)

        Project Director and Assistant Director:
        These should be people w/ administrative experience and
familiarity with Southern African-American churches and culture. Both
should be "on board" prior to July 12th, prefarably soon after July 4th.
Responsibilities would include organizing orientation to be held at City
College in New York on July 15th arranging accomodations at sites, and
general administrative responsibilities. Contact:
        For further information contact: Max Bond at Davis, Brody and
Associates Architects, 315 Hudson Street, New York 10013. Phone 212
633-4781. Fax 212 633-4761.
 email  [email-masked]

===================================
Michael Kaplan
Associate Professor of Architecture
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of LARCH-L Digest - 4 Jul 1996 to 5 Jul 1996
************************************************

############################
PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST IN ONE OF THE FOLOWING WAYS

#1 Directly to LARCH-L if you subscribe

#2 As a follow-up to this post

#3 As seperate message with 'LARCH' in the subject

If you reply as a follow-up or as a seperate message I'll forward back to
LARCH-L

Please DO NOT reply to me directly about a LARCH-L post.
Thanks
###########################

-- 
Toney Lowery
Soon to be graduating (MS Landscape Architecture)...
and Sooner to be a Dad! (begging for congrats)

[email-masked]
[email-masked]
http://www.intersurf.com/~tlowery

"Easily Distracted by Shiny Objec... Hey! What's That!?!?