Subject: Re: ALL LAWNMOWERS, GO ELSEWHERE!!!!!

From: [email-masked] (Shawn Wakefield)
Date: 31 Aug 1995 03:43:04 GMT

>This group has been pestered by those lawnmower people.  Why does a
>professional newsgroup put up with this crap.  It seems as if the
>whole yard equipment thing is way off the beatin path for this group.
>Start a new group or something. May I suggest alt.lawnmower.idiots
>pehaps? 

Such an additude.  Have you ever picked up a shovel to deserve your 
status?
Have you ever installed  a waterfall or herringbone brick patio or even 
planted a flower.  People like you make me sick, your additude of 
greatness.  Where is your proof fool?  Don't let your education be your 
crown of glory.  Many an un skilled gardener with creativity,  has risen 
higher than you. 
-
 shawn [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Smilemker)
Date: 1 Sep 1995 12:08:05 -0400

When it comes to lawn mowers my biggest frustration with architects is
that they don't consider the end cost and practicality of site maintenance
sometimes.  The poor bastard who has to mow the lawn is often blamed for
the inadeguacies of the original design.

---

From: [email-masked] (Shawn Wakefield)
Date: 7 Sep 1995 05:46:15 GMT

I would like to apologize for the landscape "architects" that you have
>previously consulted with that gave you a bad impression of the
>profession.  I don't remember what the original post said to which you 
are
>replying, but I was under the impression that they were referring to 
the
>recent questions on "which lawnmower should I buy", not gardeners or
>landscapers.  I agree with you that one's choice of profession says 
little
>or nothing about one's personal worth, which is really an individual
>thing.  Landscape architects can learn much from landscapers or 
gardeners
>about working with the soil, plants or materials.  Similarly 
landscapers
>can learn from landscape architects about design of space, circulation, 
or
>the conceptual functioning of the design. That said, let's all work
>together without judgement or profession snobbery.
>
>Ed.
>
>-- 
>Ed Armstrong
>Graduate student
>Land planning, 3d modeling and visualization
>

Ed, 

I enjoyed your true grit comment.  I  feel respect to you with your 
defense of all phases of the trades/skills/Art.  I had a customer ask why 
I could charge $35.00 an hour for myself and $20.00 an hour for my 
College educated assistant to improve upon a waterfall built years before.
  My reply was "Artistic ability."
After I was completed, they called me back to improve the landscape.
We all have different roads or interests.  

Shawn.