Subject: fence on a slope problem

From: Brandt Cassidy <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Jan 1996 04:07:59 GMT

I have a problem that I thought a landscape architech might be able to 
help me with. I would like to put up a short fence (~3ft) to keep dogs 
out of my backyard but part of the boundry is on a slope. It drops about 
3ft over 20ft. Should I try to follow the contour or stair step the fence 
down over the 20ft length? Thanks for the help.

---

From: [email-masked] (EJGOLD)
Date: 24 Jan 1996 21:26:16 -0500

(reference post below)
I can think of few situations where you would want to "step" a fence over
naturally sloping ground. The stepped fence will look forced, imposed on
the site.
Dont do it!  Besides, I think its easier to follow the contour of the
ground.
==================================
(refence post)
From: Brandt Cassidy <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Jan 1996 04:07:59 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

================================================================
.aol: an address from the wrong side of the tracks.

---

From: [email-masked] (Lance Foster)
Date: 25 Jan 1996 14:54:45 GMT

I've had the pleasure of the company of hundreds of dogs during my
lifetime...and I've never met any, at least biggert han a Chihuahua or a
broken-down ShiTzu, which would be thwarted by a 3-foot fence and still have
the honor of the name "Dog." 
-- 
Lance Foster
[email-masked]
"Pi ramanyi ho!"