Subject: Re: trees for privacy

From: "John A. Keslick, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 22:12:02 -0700

Yes,  see my web site at http://www.ccil.org/~treeman/  for planting 
tips.  Like proper pH, Sun, Water and Tempiture.  Stick with native. 
-- 
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
John A. Keslick Jr.              There is no scientific data to show
Professional Modern Arborist     that TRUNK WRAPS prevent heat or
& Tree Biologist                 cold injuries.  Nor is there any 
Phone: 610-696-5353              data to show that WOUND DRESSINGS
organic tree treatment web site: stop rot.  There is data to show that
http://www.ccil.org/~treeman/    that both can cause decline of
>                                the trees vitality. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

---

From: Ralph Massie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 23:18:09 +0100

In article <[email-masked]>, "Jana L. Lamphear"
<[email-masked]> writes
>I need to plant either trees or shrubs for privacy. I 
>want something that will grow relatively fast. I would like
>it to grow to about 8 or 10 feet in height. It is also for
>a rather large area so cost is a consideration. Does anyone
>have suggestions.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jana

My first question would be "What sort of privacy?" - Visual? Intrusion?
Noise? Are you looking for privacy from a distance? or from your
immediate neighbour? The type of screening you are looking for will
determine the type of planting. Then you have to consider climate and
soil!
-- 
Ralph Massie
Aneberie Techtonics Limited - Technology and the Art of Construction