Subject: Unlandscaping

From: Scott Law <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 22:09:50 -0600

I have a building lot of approximately .5 acre that is overgrown with 
weeds, which are bothering the neighbors.  What is a good, simple, 
inexpensive method for killing all of the weeds on the lot without 
endangering the neighbors lawns?  I do not plan to plant anything on 
this ground for at least a year and a half, and probably longer.

---

From: jnsdc (Jim Delcarpio)
Date: 12 May 1996 23:55:34 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>Here are one suggestions. 
    A) Use Roundup along the perimeters, then proceed to use a control 
fire burn. This will entail some knowledge of prevailing winds and 
backfire. If that sounds too risky. I would suggest to purchase bulk 
quantaties of round up and spray the whole area. Good Luck.

---

From: Bruce Gartrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 1996 09:28:43 -0700

> this ground for at least a year and a half, and probably longer.

Try spraying with "Round-Up".  Make sure you do it in the early morning 
when it is DEAD CALM.  You can rent a back pack to make it easier.