Subject: LARCH-L Digest - 22 Jul 1996 to 23 Jul 1996

From: [email-masked] (Toney Lowery)
Date: 24 Jul 1996 04:43:12 GMT

Date:     Wed, 24 Jul 1996 00:01:11 -0400
Reply-To: Landscape Architecture Electronic Forum <[email-masked]>
Sender: Landscape Architecture Electronic Forum <[email-masked]>
From: Automatic digest processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:  LARCH-L Digest - 22 Jul 1996 to 23 Jul 1996
To: Recipients of LARCH-L digests <[email-masked]>

There are 3 messages totalling 116 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. Conference Announcment/Call for Papers
  2. Urban parks
  3. Teaching positions, Brisbane, Australia

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 23 Jul 1996 14:18:20 +11EST
From:    Richard Thomas <[email-masked]>
Subject: Conference Announcment/Call for Papers

The 1996 AELA Conference is scheduled for 9-10 October 1996 at RMIT,
Melbourne Australia.
The Conference theme is 'The Design Studio Experience: Teaching and
Learning in Landscape Architecture', and includes a Symposium on
"State of the Art in Landscape Architecture: Current Works and
Propositions", moderated by Prof. Leon Van Schaik, Dean of the
Faculty of Environmental Design and Construction at RMIT.

RMIT welcomes all persons teaching, working and studying in the
discipline Landscape Architecture to participate in this Conference,
and submit proposals for presentations and/or Exhibition.
Abstracts/Presentation Proposals are due by Monday, August 26th.

Contact can be made by fax on 03 9660 1855 or e-mail to
[email-masked]    For a draft copy of the conference schedule
please e-mail a request to the above address.

For further details and registration please also visit the conference website at
http://www.edc.rmit.edu/ppl/AELA.htm.

----------------------------------------------------------
Richard Thomas
[email-masked]
RMIT University Landscape Architecture
Tract Consultants
Landscape Architects & Urban Planners
195 Lennox St            ph  +61 3 9429 6133
Richmond, Vic 3121       fax +61 3 9429 5925
----------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 23 Jul 1996 10:28:31 EST
From:    Bill Thompson <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Urban parks

rtment of Transportation FHWA, June 1981,1983
     Bill Thompson <[email-masked]> cent Park
Can anyone point me to indepth articles (or
preferably, a bibliography) on
(a) Bryant Park since its restoration and,
(b) more broadly, public/private partnerships in
parks in general? What parks have followed B.P's
precedent? I understand Pershing Square in Los
Angeles did--does anyone know how it's doing?

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 24 Jul 1996 10:11:09 +1000
From:    Andreas Muhar <[email-masked]>
Subject: Teaching positions, Brisbane, Australia

URBAN AND ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING - TWO POSITIONS
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY, BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA

Lecturer (tenurable) and Associate Lecturer (3 year fixed-term),

The School of Environmental Planning is part of a very large (70+
fulltime faculty) and interdisplinary Faculty of Environmental
Sciences.  The new Bachelor of Environmental Planning that it offers
will provide an accredited town planning qualification, but with the
training based very firmly on environmental studies.

The new school wishes to appoint specialists in urban planning/urban
studies to contribute to its teaching and research programmes.  One of
the apointees will understand how urban communities work, their
history and future, urban policy, and the forces which shape and
control urban form and livability.  The other appointee will have
skills in one of the other School specialisations of resource planing,
rural and strategic planning, conservation planning, or land planning
for indigenous people.  Teaching will include lecture-based subjects
and studios which introduce students to best and current practice in
urban planning and design, but within a wider understanding of
enviornmental, social and economic issues, and developing concepts of
sustainability.  Academic qualifications in regional and urban
planning, or a closely related discipline, at postgraduate level
(prefereably at PhD level) are required, or equivalent accreditation
and standing.

Women are under represented in this area and are encouraged to apply.

Remuneration:
Lecturer:  Australian$43,042 - $51,114 per annum,
Associate Lecturer: Australian$30,130 - $40,889 per annum

Applications close 23 August, 1996

Information package: Ms Miki Bradshaw,
Faculty of Environmental Sciences,
telephone +61 7 3875 3558,  fax +61 7 3875 5282.

Further Information :
Associate Professor Lex Brown
Head, School of Environmental Planning, +61 7 3875 7710,
or email to [email-masked]
(on leave until Aug 5)

Please do not reply to the original sender of this message!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andreas Muhar
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
Griffith University Brisbane
Nathan, Queensland 4111, Australia
Phone: ++61/7/3875 7495
Fax:   ++61/7/3875 7459
E-mail: [email-masked]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

End of LARCH-L Digest - 22 Jul 1996 to 23 Jul 1996
**************************************************

############################
PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST IN ONE OF THE FOLOWING WAYS

#1 Directly to LARCH-L if you subscribe

#2 As a follow-up to this post

#3 As seperate message with 'LARCH' in the subject

If you reply as a follow-up or as a seperate message I'll forward back to
LARCH-L

Please DO NOT reply to me directly about a LARCH-L post.
Thanks
###########################

-- 
Toney Lowery
Soon to be graduating (MS Landscape Architecture)...
and Sooner to be a Dad! (begging for congrats)

[email-masked]
[email-masked]
http://www.intersurf.com/~tlowery

"Easily Distracted by Shiny Objec... Hey! What's That!?!?