Subject: Help - divider.jpg (0/1)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 04:46:52 GMT

Hi....I know this is considered uncool to post business stuff like
this but this friend of mind has this great idea...
I think it might be useful if you have a lot disks and stuff...he has
had a hard time selling this thing, and I told him I would help him
out with a few postings....so please don't flame me, but check it
out..

This Disk Divider goes between your 3.5" floppys in any order you
want.  I use them for all my game disks, and for all those Win 95
disks - (that bastard Bill) - we worship you Bill, consider your
humble computing servant..
You can get labels included  - either pre-printed, blank, or
alpabetical.  Anyway, check out the jpeg or here is the order
information -

Thank you for your time -

Pack of 25  - $14.85  Specify label type...Send check or money order
to "Disk Divider" at 1818 W. Riverside,  Apt. # 5, 
Spokane Wa.  99201 Or call us at 509-838-3132 after  Feb. 1st.

---

From: [email-masked] (Steve Thomas)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 14:17:43 GMT

In <[email-masked]>,  ([email-masked]) wrote:

>want. 

Why wouild anyone want to divide their 3.5" floppies?

MOST software these days is sold on CDROM. If you have to buy it on
diskette, you shove that floppy in the drive ONCE - then you
rubberband the diskettes together and throw them into a big box just
in case. 

But "Just In Case" never happens. If you need to reinstall the
application for some reason, it's a lot easier to restore from one
tape cartridge than eleventy-gazillion diskettes - and your tape
backup already has your configuration data in it as well.

Now, if you could find a way to enrich the lives of ketchup eaters,
maybe you'd get checks for $14.85 (instead of flames and email to your
postmaster.) And don't think that we didn't notice that, at first, you
were helping out a friend and at the end, you were saying "call us"
instead of "call him".