Subject: sizes for croquet fields

From: [email-masked] (RMMLA)
Date: 17 Jul 1995 12:00:49 -0400

The following is a request for information on the sizing of croquet
fields. It seems that the ALA newsgroup is an appropriate place to
inquire. 

I have found at least four separate standards for the size of a croquet
field, varying from 25 feet by 50 feet to 40 feet by 70 feet. Every
reference seems to have a different size without giving reference to
whether it is British, American, European or etc. I wonder if the
respondents to this list have knowledge of different standards for the
game, in different parts of the world, particularly Egypt. Is there a
federation or governing body where I might get further information?

Thanks, help is appreciated.
R. Michael Morgan, Landscape Architect
Atlanta, Georgia
E-mail [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Coeli)
Date: 24 Jul 1995 20:44:32 -0400

ontact Boca Grande's hotel on Garsparila Island: Gasparilla Inn, I think,
to find out what that league uses.