Subject: How to Create Boulders??

From: [email-masked] (Jerry Thompson)
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 1994 19:52:49 GMT

Does anyone know how I can create large boulders for use in a large, backyard 
waterfall and stream.  For example, I'd like to make boulders like those at the San 
Diego zoo.  They look real, but are actually man-made.  Can anyone point me in the 
right direction?  (a book, who to talk to, etc.)

Thanks,
Jerry Thompson
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Robbin Block)
Date: 26 Dec 1994 16:12:22 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Jerry Thompson) 

>right direction?  (a book, who to talk to, etc.)

You might try to call your local Bomanite Contractor or similar 
architectural concrete contractor.Bomanite used to install these systems 
in conjunction with their stamped concrete work. It involves spraying 
concrete onto a wire-mesh system and touching up color and texture by 
hand.You could also try a quality pool and spa outfit.

If these dont get you anywhere e-mail me and I will check my database( I 
am an architectural concrete contractor in New England.

---

From: [email-masked] (ArvelW)
Date: 30 Dec 1994 22:47:37 -0500

Look nice don't they.

---

From: [email-masked] (Robbin Block)
Date: 5 Jan 1995 22:17:24 GMT

>Look nice don't they.

Yes they look great, but if you like this stuff, you'll love the stuff 
we can do with flatwork.The look and feel of brick, cobble, slate,river 
rock, even wood.

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Newman)
Date: 7 Jan 1995 18:42:05 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

> we can do with flatwork.The look and feel of brick, cobble, slate,river 

I don't understand this, but it sounds awfully interesting. Could you
elaborate please?

Bruce E. Newman       |                         | Home:   (506) 457-9800
Fredericton,NB,Canada |     Dreams...screen     | Office: (506) 450-2780
[email-masked]   |  savers for the brain.  | Fax:    (506) 450-2773

---

From: [email-masked] (Robbin Block)
Date: 8 Jan 1995 15:06:49 GMT

In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] 

>I don't understand this, but it sounds awfully interesting. Could you

Pattern Stamping or Stamped concrete

A system of applying color,texture and patterns to concrete flatwork 
creating the look and feel of traditional masonry for a fraction of the 
cost of the natural materials. Wider choice of colors, quicker 
installation and easier maintanence. Has all beauty of modular masonry 
units with the strenghth and monolithic benefits of concrete slab.(no 
shifting and no grass/dirt coming up through joints).

Pattern choices include brick, cobblestone, slate,river 
rock,granite,even wood. Custom molds can also be made.

Hardscapes
Decorative Concrete Systems
1-800-903-6470

---

From: [email-masked] (Mwdonne)
Date: 10 Jan 1995 12:09:50 -0500

BOMANITE?

---

From: [email-masked] (Robbin Block)
Date: 10 Jan 1995 17:26:23 GMT

>BOMANITE?

Bomanite is a brand name of a colored, textured, and stampes concrete 
system. People mistakingly use this term generically when describing 
this process or product, even though their are numerous brands and 
systems available today.