Subject: Re: the ultimate lawn

From: [email-masked] (RCarr5849)
Date: 27 Jan 1996 22:41:40 -0500

Hi Jean, 

I'm a landscaper in Virginia Beach, VA and I have several clients like
that. I'd be happy to talk to you re: the ultimate lawn or garden. Also, I
would like to show you a tool we use in selling landscaping and in
planning a landscape job. That is digital imaging. I would come to your
house and photograph the house and the existing landscape, we would talk
about how you envision the property, your ideas, my ideas and experiences.
With all that in mind I scan the pictures into the computer and with the
aid of several software packages replace the existing shrubs, etc. with
the ideas we discussed. I usually do 2 or 3 versions, so the client has as
many options as possible to choose from. Once a design or theme is settled
upon, then we can use the conventional plan drawings, etc. or if it is a
renovation, just do the job. You've seen the cosmetic surgeon sitting with
the patient at a computer and redesigning his/her nose right on the
screen, well we do the same type of thing with plants, flowers, shrubs and
trees, using the clients home or office as the backdrop. Remember, this is
photography not drawing, in 24bit color, I might add.  
If this interests you, I'd be happy to discuss it and show you some
examples.

Ralph E Carr (Rusty) [email-masked]
affiliate American Society of Landscape Architects
President
Pro Serv Landscaping
member Associated Landscape Contractors of America
Virginia Beach, VA
(804) 671-SERV