Subject: Are The Recession and Drought Really over?

From: [email-masked] (Mattison)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 21:56:07 GMT

Happy Spring!

We are currently experiencing a wonderful burst of residential garden design 
projects in Jan. here in the South Bay!  

I am wondering if other firms are experiencing the same?  Do you think it 
is both the end of the drought and (hopefully) the recession?  The last 
few years we experienced no calls in Jan.

Mattison FitzGerald
Principal 'M' Design

---

From: [email-masked] (Hedlund)
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 1995 19:38:32 -0700

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Mattison) wrote:

>.................... Do you think it 

Actually, I think it depends on where you are working, but certainly in
Denver the last few years have been just nuts (apologies to David
Letterman).

This year, we didn't even get a *winter* break, which is the first time in
about five years that has happened.  From what I hear, the Denver area is
supposed to be "out of sync" with the rest of the country economically, so
that if we are depressed, everyone else is booming.  Hopefully, you are
catching up, which means that we may be headed for a downturn... there are
certainly no signs of it, though.
-- 
 - Tammy                       [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (LJAZ)
Date: 2 Feb 1995 21:22:34 -0500

I think the upswing is due primarily because of the economic situation. We
are also getting new work, some jobs in the six figure range. Most of our
clients are happy the drought is over, but are happier they have the $ to
do the job at all.