Subject: LARCH-L Digest - 5 Jul 1996 to 6 Jul 1996

From: [email-masked] (Toney Lowery)
Date: 7 Jul 1996 07:04:54 GMT

Date:     Sun, 7 Jul 1996 00:00:50 -0400
Reply-To: Landscape Architecture Electronic Forum <[email-masked]>
Sender: Landscape Architecture Electronic Forum <[email-masked]>
From: Automatic digest processor <[email-masked]>
Subject:  LARCH-L Digest - 5 Jul 1996 to 6 Jul 1996
To: Recipients of LARCH-L digests <[email-masked]>

There are 2 messages totalling 58 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. Universal Design Precedents
  2. Tree I.D.'s

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 6 Jul 1996 15:23:42 +0600
From:    "David M. Orens" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Universal Design Precedents

I am looking for information and documentation (both written and graphic) on
the following projects.  If anyone is aware of any published or unpublished
documentation, please drop me a line.

-Flood Park.  Menlo Park, California by MIG  (Moore, Iacofano and Goltsman)
and Lawrence                 Wright  ('Architecture' magazine, February 1991)

-International Fountain.  Seattle Washington by Kenichi Nakano  ('Landscape
Architecture'                   magazine, June 1996)

-Quarry Cove.  Yaquina Head Natural Area, Oregon  by Andy Rice and Ronald
Lee              ('Landscape Architecture', May 1996)

-Ash Cave Trail.  Hocking Hills State Park in Ohio.  no known designer
('Parks and Recreation'              magazine, August 1991)

I have already located journal articles on each of the projects, as shown
above, but am looking for any additional information which may be available.

Thanks, as always, for the continued help.

Dave Orens
MLA Candidate
VA Tech.

------------------------------

Date:    Sat, 6 Jul 1996 15:52:33 +0600
From:    "David M. Orens" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Tree I.D.'s

Jack,

I can't vouch for the quality of the information provided, but it seems
quite extensive.  The site offers a plant identification criteria
database...just enter in the characteristics which you have and the database
provides a plant which meets the specs you set...

it's called HTGROVER

www.clr.toronto.edu:1080/cgi-bin/GROVER/htgrover?fields

If this address doesn't work, I found the site by searching the Landscape
Architecture Virtual Library at

www.clr.toronto.edu:1080/VIRTUALLIB/larch.html

hope this helps.

Dave Orens

------------------------------

End of LARCH-L Digest - 5 Jul 1996 to 6 Jul 1996
************************************************

############################
PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST IN ONE OF THE FOLOWING WAYS

#1 Directly to LARCH-L if you subscribe

#2 As a follow-up to this post

#3 As seperate message with 'LARCH' in the subject

If you reply as a follow-up or as a seperate message I'll forward back to
LARCH-L

Please DO NOT reply to me directly about a LARCH-L post.
Thanks
###########################

-- 
Toney Lowery
Soon to be graduating (MS Landscape Architecture)...
and Sooner to be a Dad! (begging for congrats)

[email-masked]
[email-masked]
http://www.intersurf.com/~tlowery

"Easily Distracted by Shiny Objec... Hey! What's That!?!?