Subject: Re: delurk: Help finding source for Ginko Bilbosa

From: [email-masked] (EJGOLD)
Date: 12 Jul 1995 21:26:50 -0400

>Subject: delurk: Help finding source for Ginko Bilbosa
>From: [email-masked] (Yalk)
>Date: 12 Jul 1995 09:20:56 -0400
>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
>All the possible sources I've tried for this tree are not panning out. 
>Any help to find a source will be greatly appreciated.
>Regards,
>Klay Anderson

I think you mean Ginko biloba. Where are you looking? Ginko is a
reasonably common tree, and should be available widely. At least
throughout the northern portion of the U.S. it is. I'm not sure about its
viability in southern climates, so if you are south of, say, interstate 70
it might not be a great tree to use. (Dont flame me, I'm trying to
generalize).
If I knew where you are writing from, I might be able to be more specific,
but you should try your county extension service- usually run through the
nearest university with an agricultural program.
Good luck with your search!
EJ

---

From: [email-masked] (Energy Deuce Cruse)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 16:46:55 GMT

You can try contacting the Arnold Arboretum in Boston (Roxbury?), MA.
They have a large stand of male and female ginkos and may be able to
help you find sources in your area.

Sorry I don't have phone #, but they're in the book.  Friendly folks.
Somebody there actually got a PhD studying ginkos.

Cheers,

Deuce
--
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Energy 'Deuce' Cruse, II               email:  [email-masked]
Hewlett-Packard Co                     hpdesk: CRUSE_ENERGY/HP1700_03@hp-mpg
Andover, MA 01810                      phone:  (508)659-3878

"No way!!"  "Way!!! --The HP Way--"    --Wayne and Garth meet Bill and Dave
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Region Six Planning Commission)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 17:47:32 GMT

>Klay Anderson

Klay,

This Ginko bilbosa sounds like a pretty interesting species.  Is it
related in anyway to the G. biloba?.  If it is, this species has both
male and female gender.  I can't remember which gender is ordorous.
Be cautious when you purchase one.