Subject: re: The Future of LA and Usenet

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Feb 95 21:17:05 PST

i think that kevin & lance are correct in that mabye a certain apathy
persists in the field as to the future. im about to graduate from cal poly
pomona in the LA program, but i never joined ASLA; i admit that i never felt
the necessity of it.  i posted a few montshss back about the possible
sunsetting of Californias license, and i only got one email back, which said,
basically, "dont worry they wont do it".  well i am a bit worried, for
basically selfish reasons but also because i think that landscape architecture
is a vital , Vital, VITAL profession for our future. i dont have a problem
with the profeesion changing into one of the role of moderator between
ecoheads, civ engs, govt, and other parties.  my personal opinion, and
again i AM a landscape arcchitecct about to graduate, is that our profession
up till now has been a bit of a luxury in some peoples eyes. that is changing.
either w e change the direction of the profession, or there is no profession.
ok, maybe that will rile things up a bit, maybre not. (apathetic tone<<<)

d

dbrector@csupomona
.edu

(by the way, email if you want to, but posting would help theis group a LOT.

---

From: [email-masked] (Lisa Henn)
Date: 17 Feb 1995 23:34:42 GMT

In article <1995Feb13.211705@clstac>,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>i never joined ASLA; i admit that i never felt
>the necessity of it.  

What do people think of ASLA?  

Who are they, anyway?  I assume it stands for American Society of Landscape
Architects.  Please be sure to be detailed in your responses; I'm not a LA!
I'm monitoring this group on behalf of my brother, a LA student.  

(My being an engineer, not a LA, I guess would fall in line with the one
poster's speculation about how there aren't many LA's on-line and that is
why this group gets low traffic).

L
-- 
[email-masked]
End of local signature.