Subject: LA and AutoCAD

From: [email-masked] (Michael D Gaunt)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 15:25:32 GMT

Hi All,

As a soon to graduate student from the University of Minnesota's 
Landscape Architecture Department, I have begun the long road to 
interviewing and finding a job in the profession.  I'm running into a 
problem that I think other students should be aware of, but are not...

"How much AutoCAD experience do you have?"

When doing my undergraduate work in L.A. at Iowa State University, I took 
an AutoCAD course , but apparently this isn't enough.  If you're not 
AutoCAD literate and ready to crank out some plans right away, then 
forget it.  Since getting into AutoCAD at the U of MN is just about 
impossible, I'm looking into classes at some of the technical colleges 
around the Twin Cities.

So beware soon-to-graduate-students, and heed this warning.  If you want 
to do more than just design/build work with small nurseries, get into 
AutoCAD classes and stress that on your resume.  You'll be a LOT happier 
in the long run.

Michael Gaunt
[email-masked]