Subject: Re: Gardening Book For New England Area?

From: [email-masked] (The Polsons)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 18:19:00 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] wrote:

> I'm located in SoCalif.  A friend -- also located here -- is looking for 
> a Xmas gift for her children, who are JUST BEGINNING to garden.  THEY are 
> located outside of Boston, so gardening books for our SoCalif. climate 
> wouldn't work for them!  
> Any recommendations would be appreciated.  NEEDED:  A good, all-round, 
> basic gardening book for the Massachusetts/New England area!  Please post 
> here, OR e-mail to:     [email-masked]
> Jeri Collari

There's "A Northeast Gardener's Year" by Lee Reich. While it isn't
something like "Sunset's Western Garden Book", I trust the author's
advice, and it does have lots of interesting information for all skill
levels. Also very anecdotal, sort of diary-like, and an interesting read.
Publisher, Addison-Wesley Pub. Co. Inc. Hope this helps!

-Willow     ([email-masked])
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The green Earth sends her incense up
>From many a mountain shrine;
>From folded leaf and dewey cup
She pours her sacred wine.                - John Greenleaf Whittier
---------------------------------------------------------------------