Subject: Re: Encyclopedia of North American plants?

From: [email-masked] (Joseph Koloszar)
Date: 14 Dec 1994 09:17:53 -0500

[email-masked] (Kathleen Timms) writes:

>    On Dec 2/94, George Darcy wrote:
>GD>Can anyone please recommend a good reference book that describes
>GD>in detail all plant life in North America (or eastern region)?

>    The Gardener's Encyclopedia of Plants & Flowers, Christopher 
>Brickell, ed.; Dorling Kindersley Publishers, London 1989 is the most 
>useful book I own, covering everything from trees to water plants. 
>Organized by type of plant, then by size, then by season of interest, 
>then by colour.  Good cultural information and more accurate about 
>hardiness than many plant nurseries and catalogues.

>    It is distributed in Canada by The Reader's Digest Association and 
>I believe I have seen a new edition in the bookstore with The Reader's 
>Digest added to the title.

>-= [email-masked] =-

>---
I believe the text you are referring may now be entitled The American
Horticultural Society encyclopedia of plants. Christopher Brickell, ed.
Published in the U.S. by Macmillan, 1992.   

If that is incorrect, then it seems the two would be very much alike.
I can personally recommend the latter. It also has a plant dictionary.

Paul Koloszar ([email-masked])
usual disclaimers apply
.