Subject: Old Agriculture Textbook FS

From: [email-masked] (John Green)
Date: 16 Jan 1995 06:37:30 GMT

Old High School Agriculture Text FS

Burkett, Charles William, et. al.  Agriculture For Beginners. Boston, New 
York, Chicago, London:  Ginn & Company, 1904.  Hard cover, 347 pages, 281 
photos and drawings, index, glossary, appendix on spraying mixtures.  
Very good condition.  

$20 post paid in U.S.

>From  the preface:

The authors of this little book believe that there is no line of 
separation between the science of agriculture and the practical art of 
agriculture.  They are assured by experience that agriculture is 
eminently a teachable subject.  They are convinced that the theory and 
practice of agriculture can be taught at one and the same time.  They 
see no difference between teaching the child the fundamental principles 
of farming and teaching the same child the fundamental trughs of 
arithmetic, geography or grammar.  They hold that a youth should be 
trained for the farm just as he is trained for any other occupation.

--