Subject: Re: Magazine

From: [email-masked] (Craig Polson)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 15:18:56 -0800

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
(PAT LENZO) wrote:

> Let me put in a plug for COUNTRYSIDE, which I didn't notice anyone
> mention.It dates back to 1917 really, but in the '70's was bought
> (I guess) by J. D. Belanger who worte several great books during
> the back to the land days.
>         Address: Countryside & Small Stock Journal
>                  W11564 Hwy. 64
>                  Withee, WI 54498
>                  $18 yearly
>                                                 Pat

Thanks for the mention of this mag, I'd never heard of it and will check it out!

BTW, does anybody have an opinion of the NEW Mother Earth News? Everything
I've heard has been negative, I suppose because the difference between the
two Mothers is so vast. It's caused me to be a bit biased with the new
Mother, but this last issue has a large section on woodstoves, fireplaces,
and firewood that I though was very informative and I'll refer to it for
years to come. On the other hand, I really miss the old Mother, and I have
noticed that many of the articles are written by the editors and recently
past editors, thus the content may be a bit inbred. (Whoops! My writer's
bias is showing here...!)

Opinions? C'mon, I KNOW you've got 'em in this here newsgroup! Love to
hear what you've got to say...

-Willow (Craig's wife)
(If e-mailing, please mail to [email-masked]... Thanks!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Youth is a wonderful thing; what a crime it is to waste it on children."     -George Bernard Shaw
---------------------------------------------------------------------