Subject: "Ecological Design: Inventing the Future" NYC film premier 11/18

From: [email-masked] (NETRECRUIT)
Date: 16 Nov 1994 01:45:13 -0500

Design on the Ecological Frontier &
The Millenium Whole Earth Catalog Gala
Sponsored by Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum

Friday November 18, 1994 is the New York City premier of the documentary
film "Ecological Design: Inventing the Future", a chronicle of the
evolution of ecological design from the vision of R. Buckminster Fuller to
a powerful movement that will shape the 21st Century. On Saturday,
November 19, the design pioneers featured in the film will share their
thoughts and current projects relevant to ecological design and
architecture, cities, and energy systems.  The seminar will culminate with
a debut of The Millennium Whole Earth Catalog. Among those speaking will
be:
Andropogon, Landscape Architects and Ecological Planners
Jay Baldwin, Editor, The Whole Earth Review
Pliney Fisk, Architect 
Paul MacCready, Inventor
William McDonough, Architect
John Todd, Biochemist and Inventor 
Howard Rheingold, Editor-In-Chief, The Whole Earth Review
Chris Zelov & Brian Danitz, Filmmakers, Ecological Design: Inventing the
Future
and many others.
Film debut and seminar will take place in the Great Hall of the Cooper
Union for the Advancement of Science and Art.  Fee: Natl. Design Museum
Members: $55; Non-Members: $75; Students: $20; Cooper Union Students: Free
with current I.D.  To register call (voice): (212) 860-6321. For more
information and to purchase tickets call the special events office (212)
860-6163