Subject: Re: SOURCE-square plot gardening, companion planting

From: [email-masked] (Elizabeth Platt)
Date: 30 May 1995 09:42:11 -0700

Also, don't overlook the books written by John Jeavons of 
Ecology Action.  They advocate the "biointensive" gardening 
method, which is fairly similar (though more comprehensive) 
than the "Square Foot Gardening" series (which I found very 
informative, too).  The titles are:  "How to Grow More 
Vegetables Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You 
Can Imagine" (whew!), and "Lazy-Bed Gardening:  The Quick and 
Dirty Guide" (co-authored by Carol Cox).  The last title is a 
"simplified" version of the first book.  Both can be found (or 
ordered) in any good bookstore, or you could order Ecology 
Action's catalog, by writing: 

Ecology Action, 5798 Ridgewood Road, Willits CA  95490

They also carry a lot of books on organic gardening and 
companion plants, etc.

By the way, PBS also released a series of videos of the "Square 
Foot Gardening" series.  Doubt you'd find them at Blockbuster, 
but our library carries them in their videotape department.  
You can get the gist of the square-foot concept in just a few 
hours.  

>
>In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Enter 
>Your Name Here)  writes: 
>>
>>i'm looking for a book on square plot gardening.  
>
>Try Square Foot Gardening, by Mel Bartholomew.  It's 
>available in any  large bookstore, published by Rodale, 
>and taken from the PBS show of  the same name.
>
>Good Luck!
>
>Marylyn