Subject: ANNOUNCE: Resource Collection (fwd)

From: [email-masked] (Gabriel Hegyes)
Date: 17 Nov 1994 20:25:35 -0000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 08:57:15 -0600
>From: michael grimm <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list RURALDEV
     <[email-masked]>
Subject: Resource Collection

Announcing
The W. K. Kellogg Collection of Rural Community Development Resources

The Heartland Center for Leadership Development (Lincoln, Nebraska) is
pleased to announce the creation of a rural community development
resource library in cooperation with the University of
Nebraska-Lincoln College of Architecture Library.

The Collection, which is being made possible through a grant from the
W. K. Kellogg Foundation, will contain high-quality rural community
development resource materials funded by the Kellogg Foundation and
other selected sponsors of recognized rural programs.  For the first
time, these materials will be housed in a distinct resource library
and made accessible to aid new programs in all parts of North America.

Currently such materials are scattered throughout offices of the
programs that developed them and, in many cases, are really not known
to others.  A major benefit of the project will be to discourage new
programs from spending time and money to develop resource materials
that may already exist.

The grant also provides the Heartland Center with support to develop a
training and technical assistance program for organizations that want
to start or refine their own rural community materials or curricula.

In addition to technical assistance, the Heartland Center expects to
sponsor annual training seminars for programs that want to send
representatives to Lincoln to learn more about how to develop programs
for rural communities.

The library will begin operations in early 1995.  We believe this
Collection will quickly become recognized as the nation's most
important center of printed and audiovisual resources for rural
community development.

The Heartland Center is currently collecting materials for inclusion
in the resource library.  Materials from you program or another you
nominate may be eligible.  If you have any questions or would like
nominate materials, please contact Mike Grimm or Vicki Luther at the
Heartland Center, 941 "O" Street, Suite 920, Lincoln NE 68508, phone
800-927-1115, extension 805, or [email-masked] or
[email-masked].