Subject: Has anyone seen the book _Index of Garden Plants_?

From: [email-masked] (Bob Batson)
Date: 17 Dec 1994 19:42:57 GMT

Has anyone seen the new book _Index of Garden Plants_ by Mark Griffiths 
(ISBN 0-88192-246-3)? At a suggested list price Of $59.95, it's been 
recommended as an inexpensive replacement to _Hortus III_ by the editors 
of "HortIdeas." I'd be interested in hearing (?) what anyone else thinks 
of this book.

--
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bob Batson				L 39 12 14 N  94 33 16 W
[email-masked]			USDA zone 5

---

From: Sean Callahan <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Dec 1994 06:51:54 GMT

[email-masked] (Bob Batson) wrote:
>
> Has anyone seen the new book _Index of Garden Plants?

It's a condensation of the 4-volume, approx $750 RHS encyclopedia.
What's missing is all the detailed professional/scientific botanical
descriptions. What's left is useful and authoritative for the home
gardener. It doesn't have very many illustrations; this is straight
data, not a wish book.

It's probably the best single up-to-date reference volume currently
available.

Sean Callahan
The Virtual Garden
Time Life

[email-masked]