Subject: Composting

From: [email-masked] (Jerry DeWitt)
Date: 6 Jan 1995 22:18:29 -0000

>I have been asked to help develop a curriculum around composting for grades
>K-12.  I believe that work has been done on this and wondered if anyone out
>there might be able to help me connect with it.  This project is being
>initiated by the Conway Grammar School in Conway, Massachusetts.  If you have
>any information, please contact: Sonia Schloemann, Dept. of Plant Pathology,
>University of Mass., Amherst, MA, 01003 or at [email-masked].
>
>Thanks millions!
>
>Sonia
>
>     Although this is not the curriculum you requested there is an 
excellent resource manual on composting...On-Farm Composting Handbook from 
the Northeast Regional Agricultural Engineering Service,152 Riley-Robb Hall, 
Cooperative Extension,Ithaca,NY 14853-5701. This is a cost item ...15 
dollars I think... it has 11 chapters including ...process, materials, 
methods,management envirnomental, uses, marketing, economics,etc...fairly 
good and readable...would be appropraite for the secondary level...

                                 Jerry DeWitt
                                 Sus Ag Coord
                                 Iowa State Univ Extension
                                 Ames ,IA 50011