Subject: Free Booklet about Wildfi

From: [email-masked] (Bob Batson)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 94 12:37:00 -0600

"Property Owner's Guide to Reducing the Wildfire Threat"

  This 6-page booklet is being distributed FREE OF CHARGE by the
University of California Hardwood Management Program. To ask for a
copy, write to Joni Rippee, College of Natural Resources, 160 Mumford
Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720. The booklet shows
how to improve fire safety for homes on forested land in California,
using the concept of "defensible space." It gives practical
recommendations on spacing of trees, best trees to keep when thinning,
and proper disposal of tree prunings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reprinted with permission from the August 1994 _HortIdeas_. Copyright
1994 by Greg and Pat Williams. HortIdeas is $15 (2nd class mail within
the USA) for one year (12 issues). For more information or a
subscription, write: HortIdeas, 460 Black Lick Road, Gravel Switch, KY
40328, USA.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Bob Batson                              L 39 12 14 N  94 33 16 W
[email-masked]
---
 þ MR/2 2.06 NR þ This is abuse.  Arguments are down the hall.