Subject: Ruth Stout

From: [email-masked] (Maroc)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 08:24:07 +0000

Eliza,  you sound to me very much like Ruth.  She never listened to
gardening gurus, including her brother Rex (well-known author of Nero Wolfe
murder mysteries) who was a avid gardener and always thought Ruth's
vegetable patch looked like a garbage dump.  Rex carefully composted all
his garbage, but then he had a hired man, Ruth had only her
philosopher-woodworker husband.  As you know, much of Ruth's mulch was from
her kitchen and just thrown on the vegetable rows, the rest were fallen
leaves and whatever she could scronge from dairy farmers and others.  Seeds
she threw on the ground or in the mulch, which Rex thought was being
preversely bullheaded, but Ruth, a good Quaker, felt she was following
nature's way.  And that was at the base of all of her food producing
philosophies.  Look around you, see how nature is doing it in your neck of
the woods, and follow her hard-learned wisdom.

On Vancouver Island, where slugs can carpet the earth

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail