Subject: ANNOUNCE: SAN Showcase

From: [email-masked] (Gabriel Hegyes)
Date: 30 Nov 1994 03:17:48 -0000

For Release: Immediately   

Sustainable Ag. Network to Release Resource Guide

BELTSVILLE, Md. - A new, expanded guide to organizations and their
sustainable agriculture publications is now available from the
Sustainable Agriculture Network (SAN).

The third edition of The  Showcase of Sustainable Agriculture
Information and Educational Materials, will be available December
1. The 100-page booklet provides information about hundreds of
publications and educational materials that are readily useful to
farmers who want to stay profitable while protecting the
environment.

"We put the SAN Showcase together by asking all kind of
organizations to tell us what they had to share on sustainable
agriculture _ especially information that helps farmers  put it all
together into a system that works," says SAN committee member Jill
Auburn, associate director of the University of California
Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program (SAREP).

The result was a collection of free and moderately priced
newsletters, brochures, reports, handbooks, videos and even
computer programs and data bases.

"A lot of these materials can't be found very easily elsewhere,"
Auburn adds. "Many of them are not in the academic literature, or
databases."

National in scope, The Showcase is arranged alphabetically by
organization. Each of the 400 entries includes information about
the publisher, author, availability and price, in addition to
providing a short description of the publication. The  Showcase
includes four indexes,  allowing you to search by author, title,
contributor and subject.

The Showcase was compiled by members of SAN, with support from the
USDA Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program.

SAN is a consortium of people from universities, government,
business and non-profit organizations dedicated to exchanging
information about sustainable agriculture. SAN compiles and helps
disseminate information, but does not "filter" or judge it.

SARE is a competitive grants program that provides funding for
projects that promote agriculture that is environmentally sound,
economically viable and sustains rural communities.

To order The Showcase SEND A CHECK OR PURCHASE ORDER FOR $4.95 TO:
Sustainable Agriculture Publications, 10 Hills Building, University
of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405-0082. PRICE INCLUDES POSTAGE AND
HANDLING. ALLOW FOUR WEEKS FOR DELIVERY.

FOR INFORMATION ABOUT RUSH ORDERS AND BULK ORDER DISCOUNTS CALL
802-656-0471, or email to:  [email-masked]

For more information about SARE, SAN and other SAN publications
call Gabriel Hegyes at 301-504-6475, or 202-401-4640. 
FAX:  301-504-6409. Email:  [email-masked]