Subject: Source Book of Sustainable Agriculture

From: "Andy Clark, SAN Coordinator" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:38:49 -0500 (EST)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Valerie Berton,  (301) 405-3186
			  ([email-masked])

College Park, MD - A comprehensive book just published by the Sustainable
Agriculture Network (SAN) provides an information gateway to resources on
sustainable agriculture topics in a variety of formats. 

The Source Book of Sustainable Agriculture lists 559 resource materials
covering the vast breadth of agriculture, from how to market sustainably
grown vegetables to locating the latest sustainable research findings on
the World Wide Web. The 136-page book covers print, electronic and video
resources-as well as contact information to order them. 

"Across the United States, many organizations and individuals are doing
great work in sustainable agriculture, but half the battle is knowing who,
what, and how to access those resources," says Jim Hanson, Extension
Program Leader for Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of
Maryland. "The Source Book provides an easy-to-use directory to those
important research and educational efforts." 

Organized by state, the Source Book is ideal for educators and others who
want to learn more about sustainable agriculture in their area. The book
features user-friendly indexes organized by subject, organization and
author, as well as a separate listing of videos. Two appendices on
sustainable agriculture centers throughout the United States and
sustainable agriculture web sites round out the book. 

The Sustainable Agriculture Network is the publishing and outreach arm of
the USDA Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program,
which works to increase knowledge about- and help farmers and ranchers
adopt-practices that are economically viable, environmentally sound and
socially responsible. Access SAN materials on the web at
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/san/

To order the $12 book, send a check or purchase order to:

Sustainable Agriculture Publications
Hills Building, UVM
Burlington, VT 05405-0082

Be sure to specify publication title, quantity, your mailing address, 
and this REFERENCE # E102797.

To inquire about bulk discounts and rush orders, call (802) 656-0471 or
e-mail [email-masked]

Orders are also accepted via: 	e-mail ([email-masked]) 
				or FAX (802-656-4656) 

ONLY IF THEY INCLUDE A PURCHASE ORDER NUMBER.

_______________________________________________________________________

Andy Clark, Ph.D.
SAN Coordinator
c/o AFSIC, Room 304
National Agricultural Library
10301 Baltimore Ave.
Beltsville, MD  20705-2351
PH:  301-504-6425
FAX: 301-504-6409
[email-masked]
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/san/

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with "unsubscribe sanet-mg".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".