Subject: The Contrary Farmer

From: [email-masked] (Matthew W. Hamel)
Date: 31 Jan 1995 13:31:13 GMT

Has anyone read the newest book by farmer/author Gene Logsdon?  I'm 
interested to see responses to his perspective on what he calls "cottage" 
farms.

--
Matt Hamel
[email-masked]

In the Chevy Chevette of the Information Superhighway

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Bowen)
Date: 1 Feb 1995 20:57:25 GMT

>interested to see responses to his perspective on what he calls "cottage" 

	I have the book and like what he has to say.  His position is 
that farming does not have to be chemicaly dependent.  Small farms using
more farmer labor and off farm income would improve the farming picture
in the US.  After I read the "Contrary Farmer" I read Wendall Berrys 
last book and a new book of essays by Gene Logdson.  I like what both
have to say.

	DonB