Subject: Re: Bugs

From: Paul Fieldhouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 21:07:35 -0500

There are plenty of sources for this. Try 'Butterflies in my Stomach' by 
R.L. Taylor, Woodbridge press, Santa Barbara 1973. For a scholarly work 
you probably can't beat "The Hidden Harvest: Wild Foods and Agricultural 
Systems. this is aliterature review and annotated bibliography containing 
900 citations. It is edited by Scoones, Melnyk and Pretty for the World 
Wide FUnd for Nature, the Swedish International Development Agency and 
the International Institute for Environment and Education. Another 
interesting book is "Why eat insects?" by V. Holt. Reprinted by E.W> 
Classey, Middlesex, 1969.

Paul
[email-masked]

On 1 Aug 1995, STACY LEAH SCOTT wrote:

> Cheryl McGowan ([email-masked]) wrote:
> : My daughter is curious about the peoples of the world whose diets
> : include insects and such. Can anyone in this newsgroup provide me with
> : the name of a source for such information? I would very much appreciate
> : hearing from you. 
> 
> Schwabe, Calvin W.  UNMENTIONABLE CUISINE.  Charlottesville: University
> Press of Virginia, 1979.
> 
> Be warned: this is a cookbook, and it contains recipies and information
> that some people find distressing (such as recipies for dog/cat).  It
> also contains some excellent recipies for seafood and offal (innards),
> though. --Stacy Scott, [email-masked]
> 
>